Can't create a new contact in Shared Contacts in Outlook 2007

Sorry, but I'm posting this again. Posted originally on 3/25/2010 but no
answers received. Is there anyone out there - please! - who might be able to
help me?!

My colleague has sent me a sharing invitation (via email) for our shared
company contacts. I add the shared contacts to my Outlook 2007 by clicking
the "Open this Contacts folder" button. When I go to this "Contacts" folder
in my Outlook, I can view and edit any of the shared contacts there, HOWEVER,
I cannot create a new contact. For example, when I select "Contacts" -->
"People's Contacts" --> "New Contact", I get an error message saying "The
object could not be found". What could be the cause of this? Another
colleague received the same sharing invitation email and was able to access
the shared contacts AND create new contacts, so I don't understand what the
problem might be. Could it be something to do with my settings? We're all
using Outlook 2007. Thanks in advance for any help.

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

New Implementation

NDRs forwarding to external contact

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

New to excel

Attaching Contacts to new email

Outlook Sales

Contacts in Exchange #2

How to create an autonumber field?

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

contact list #13

New Record