automatically add sender to contacts from a message, and associate with category

I want to be able to automatically save the contact details from an email message in my inbox of outlook 2007, and associate the contact entry with specific categories. I envisage this being a macro that I just click on once I either have the message selected or actually open; i click the macro button and outlook automatically puts the sender (via 'add to outlook contacts' or equivalent) into the contacts list and applies a category. Maybe more than one macro each for a different category. Maybe it would work with more than one selected email message item.

If someone could write the code for me, I'd be very grateful!

cheers,
Matt

ASP.NET AJAX Automatically Saving Web Form Data
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/e4852489-0528-40df-85ce-959b56d814cc/aspnet-ajax-automaticall.aspx
0
Matt

For third party utilities that can do at least some of what you need, see
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts_entry.asp - actually, it looks like
at least one add-in might do everything you want (Add Contacts).

If you want to try it on your own, see outlookcode.com for samples.

See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/devlist.asp for developers for hire - I
recommend using the dev list at yahoogroups for small projects such as this
(linked at that page).

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Matt Arno" wrote in message news:20091113745matt.arno@gmail.com...
> I want to be able to automatically save the contact details from an email
> message in my inbox of outlook 2007, and associate the contact entry with
> specific categories. I envisage this being a macro that I just click on
> once I either have the message selected or actually open; i click the
> macro button and outlook automatically puts the sender (via 'add to
> outlook contacts' or equivalent) into the contacts list and applies a
> category. Maybe more than one macro each for a different category. Maybe
> it would work with more than one selected email message item.
>
> If someone could write the code for me, I'd be very grateful!
>
> cheers,
> Matt

> ASP.NET AJAX Automatically Saving Web Form Data
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/e4852489-0528-40df-85ce-959b56d814cc/aspnet-ajax-automaticall.aspx

0
Diane

Merging Duplicate Contacts

Isinteg Warning Message Question

How to remove a master category
How do you delete a master category once it's been created and no longer needed for a contact or calendar entry? ...

Messages Cut off
A recipient receives forwarded mail messages that are cut off in random locations throughout the email. Outlook 2000 with latest SP. Any ideas? ...

Interface not registered message

Outlook Hangs Reading Messages

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

how many receivers i can add

Duplicate Messages

Forwarded messages are not being sent

Ctrl+D not working on outlook messages

Contacts Search

Need to add to current formula

Entourage (allegedly) cannot see message body sent by OWA
We have a external company receiving emails from us and claim they cannot see the message body when the email is sent from OWA. We are on 2003 SP2 btw. The external party claims that the following patch for OWA fixes the problem http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5BC06E8A-08EB-4976-BC68-A03EBE3A2552&displaylang=en I am sceptical! Any thoughts Ignore!! I just saw another thread wit hthe details for this one. Thread is "OWA message text disappears" "Peter T" wrote: > We have a external company receiving emails from us and claim they cannot...

IM Add New Batch
GP 10 on 2003 Terminal Server. How do you create a Payables Batch in the IM in preparation for importing to the Payables Transaction destination? Alternatively, how must GP be set up to ensure that the “Add New Batch” rule works correctly? With the Add New Batch rule set the IM crashes (see my post Integration Manager 10 Crashes). Additionally the characteristics of the Add New Batch rule do not match the required information which I understand to be Origin and Checkbook ID. I figured there might be some default settings for Origin and Checkbook ID in the setup somewhere but was not a...