Activate "Contacts" field within a Contact

I just upgraded from 2003 to 2007.  I was using the Link Contact field in
2003.  I just found the Contacts field in 2007 but I cannot edit this field.
How do I activate the field.  Is there a way to show this field when you open
a contact?

You need to add the field to that view:
Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options > Show Contact Linking...
--
Russ Valentine
"AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded from 2003 to 2007.  I was using the Link Contact field in
> 2003.  I just found the Contacts field in 2007 but I cannot edit this
> field.
> How do I activate the field.  Is there a way to show this field when you
> open
> a contact?

0
Russ
3/4/2010 10:39:06 PM
Is this the sames as being able to autofill the "to" "cc" and "bcc" fields?
I have gone in and checked the appropriape boxes as you indicated and I still
can not outofill from my addresss books.
--
BC60

"Russ Valentine" wrote:

> You need to add the field to that view:
> Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options > Show Contact Linking...
> --
> Russ Valentine
> "AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just upgraded from 2003 to 2007.  I was using the Link Contact field in
> > 2003.  I just found the Contacts field in 2007 but I cannot edit this
> > field.
> > How do I activate the field.  Is there a way to show this field when you
> > open
> > a contact?
>
> .

Its not the same at all.
Nor does autocompletion have anything to do with your Contacts. It uses a
cache of your previous recipients.
--
Russ Valentine
"BC60" <BC60@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is this the sames as being able to autofill the "to" "cc" and "bcc"
> fields?
> I have gone in and checked the appropriape boxes as you indicated and I
> still
> can not outofill from my addresss books.
> --
> BC60
>

> "Russ Valentine" wrote:
>
>> You need to add the field to that view:
>> Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options > Show Contact Linking...
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> "AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I just upgraded from 2003 to 2007.  I was using the Link Contact field
>> >in
>> > 2003.  I just found the Contacts field in 2007 but I cannot edit this
>> > field.
>> > How do I activate the field.  Is there a way to show this field when
>> > you
>> > open
>> > a contact?
>>
>> .

0
Russ

automatically add email address to contacts when replying mail in outlook 2003 #3
every time i send a reply or email to sometime how can i tweak outlook 2003 to save the email address to my contacts automatically?? - Thank you Mayur Mayur Patel <patelmb@vt.edu> wrote: > every time i send a reply or email to sometime how can i tweak > outlook 2003 to save the email address to my contacts automatically?? http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

importing Excel file into Outlook Contacts
I am trying to import an Excel file into Outlook 2002. I did this successfully 1 time but now when I get to the "Import a File" - "The following actions will be performed" dialoge box, I can not change the file to the new file I want to import. The first one I Imported continues to be listed and I can't get rid of it. What should I do??? I experienced the same and the problem was solved when I reboot... You have to reboot... >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to import an Excel file into Outlook 2002. I >did this successfully 1 time but now...

Three "Contacts" listed in dropdown list
Using Oulook 2003. When composing a new email and clicking :"TO", Select Names appears with 3 CONTACTS listed - only the 3rd contains my contacts. How do I remove the other 2? When Select Names appears, I get the error message that I have to cancel out of and select the third CONTACT for my list to display. This is the error message: "The address list could not be displayed. Contact folder associated with this address list could not be opened, may have been moved or deleted or you may not have permission". Also I have just created a new profile in order to remove...

sending previous "contacts" to new "contacts" folder
I've attempted to send my old contact list to 'Windows mail' but have not been successful at this point. What am I doing wrong? Bonnie What do you mean by "send" your old contacts? Where are the old contacts located, on a different computer? If so, which mail program were you = using on the older computer? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Bonnie " <tallhyland@verizon.net> wrote in message = news:O66XmaUbKHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I've att...

Attn Jim Gordon: Requesting assistance with exporting OE 4.5 contacts for use in Entourage
Hi Jim, Paul Berkowitz suggested you might be willing to assist me with a dilemma. I have some old mail and contacts in an OE User(s) folder from OE 4.5 that I need to import into Entourage X. I am on a machine that is not OS9-bootable and I cannot get OE 4.5 to launch under Classic mode in Panther. OE 5 loads fine in Classic, but 4.5 gives a shared library error. I don't have an OE 4.5 installer anywhere I can find, so I can't try a reinstall under Classic. I finally found a way to get the mail into Entourage, after much trial and error with every email program I could find, since ...

Custom Tool bar button on Contacts/Leads/Account Forms Intermittently not working.
Hello CRM gurus, I have a weird issue with a clients web CRM 3 client. I have modified the 'isv.config.xml' and 'isv.confg' files to add a custom button to the contacts/leads/account forms. What seems to be happen, at times (seems to be random) the picture of the button doesn't show up, but the text does and the you cannot click on the button anymore. It only happens to one client PC, as the rest of the client PCs work without any problems. I have run out of ideas as to why this is occurring. Are there any log files that I can look at? Any help on this problem will be g...

Activate "Contacts" field within a Contact
I just upgraded from 2003 to 2007. I was using the Link Contact field in 2003. I just found the Contacts field in 2007 but I cannot edit this field. How do I activate the field. Is there a way to show this field when you open a contact? You need to add the field to that view: Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options > Show Contact Linking... -- Russ Valentine "AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C565B904-9DEB-4F29-AED4-716F2CB253EE@microsoft.com... >I just upgraded from 2003 to 2007. I was using the Link Contact fi...

How can I trasnfer my contacts from Palm to outlook?
I have my schedule in Palm and I want to transfer everything to Outlook is it possible? Mirta Ortiz Ortega <Mirta Ortiz Ortega@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my schedule in Palm and I want to transfer everything to > Outlook is it possible? With the sync tool that came with your Palm it should be. -- Brian Tillman ...

Contacts Folder Problem
Outlook version: 2003 When in a Distribution List, I click on [Select Members] and get this MS Office Outlook message: The list could not be displayed. The Contacts Folder associated with this address could not be opened; It may have been moved or delected, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Outlook Office Outlook Help. [OK] I would appreciate advice on how to fix. -- Larry Bohen www.audiobooksonline.com Reset the connection between the Outlook Address Book and your Contact Folder. Go to Tools | E-mail account...

No Company Name on Contacts
Can someone tell me why there is no company name on the contacts form? Seems very strange to me. What am I missing? Thanks in advance. Mitch Ah - it all makes sense now. Thanks ! "MattNC" wrote: > You can add a company name field using the forms customization. However, the > "standard" method would be to create a Parent Account for a contact. > > Matt Wittemann > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com > > > "Mitch" wrote: > > > Can someone tell me why there is no company name on the contacts form? Seems > > very s...

Hyperlink from Excel to Public Folder
What is the path if I want to install a hyperlink in Excel to read contacts in the public folder? ...

Contacts folder versus Address Book
I'm running Outlook XP under Windows XP Pro on my home computer. I'm the only user. I want to add a new entry to my Outlook Address Book. I open the Outlook Address Book and click to make a New Entry. At the bottom of the window there is "Put this entry" and two options: Contacts, Outlook Address Book. I click Outlook Address Book and get this message: You cannot create entries for this address book. If, instead, I choose Contacts, there's no problem, I see the new contact in Outlook's the Contacts folder, but not in the Address Book. How do I add a new entry t...

Using Public folder Contact records to create AD Contacts ?
We have a "Company Contacts" shared public folder, I would like to create AD Contacts of off. -Is there an easy way? -Besides sharing exchange public contacts folder, what other solution is out there to share contacts company wide - third party or (preferably) Microsoft Exchange and AD based ? Any response(s) greatly appreciated ! Thank you. Hello, You could use Outlook Object Model to read the contacts in your public folder and either use ADSI to creat the contact in AD or generate an LDIF file that you coul then modify an import in AD. For Sharing your contacts you use an OU...

Bulk import of contacts in CRM 3.0
Hi I have problems importing contacts using bulk import - if I attempt to connect them to their parent accounts. I'm down to only importing 4 items with 3 fields - LastName, Parent Customer and FirstName. It fails every time in all rows with "Data in row did not match the import type". As Parent customer I have a company name, which I importet earlier. I have no problems importing contacts, when not trying to relate them to a compapany through "Parent Company" Can anyone help? Regards The Parent Customer field needs to be the GUID of an existing Account or Conta...

Outlook Contacts synchronization
Hi Is it possible to change the default mapping of the CRM 3.0 Contact fields to the fields in Outlook Contacts. Currently the CRM 3.0 address1_line1 field maps to the Business Address in Outlook 2003 contacts. I want to change it so the address2_line1 field maps to the Business Address. I need to do this for all users and would therefore prefer to set this on the server so that each users synchronization defaults to this new mapping. Thanks Ross. This is not possible out of the box. The mapping fields between Outlook and CRM cannot be edited. Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http...

Outlook Contacts not available for selection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C441B3.2414C970 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Have a user who cannot select any of his contacts when trying to address = an e-mail. They are not available to the rules either. We have checked = and removed and re-added multiple times and from multiple clients for = this one user. The error seems to follow the user. Exchange 2000 SP3 = and Outlook 2003. However, if you open in Outlook 2000 on a different = client PC, the problem persists. The G...

Contacts
Hello, Does anyone know how I may export my outlook contacts to outlook express. Where is that file or what is the name of it? Thank you in advance for your help ...

Display contacts and contracts on the account form
Hello When I open an account, I'd like to have, directly on the form, the list of contacts available for this account and the list of contracts linked to the account. I don't really know how to do that : Iframe ? but wich URL I should fill in ? Or something like the "assistant for" we can have on the right side of the screen for some forms ? Really thanks in advance ! It would so great Loli Take a look at this blog post, not supported (ie, you may have to rejig it come v5.0), but this does what you want: http://jamesdowney.net/blog/post/Displaying-CRM-Views-in-I...

Filtering to view active and shared contacts
We are running MSCRM 3.0. I understand that only one person may own each individual contact. But we have a situation where we have a large number of contacts, and only a very few of them are shared between users. I would like to share those specific contacts, then allow each user to use the view 'My Active Contacts' to see both the contacts they own as well as the few shared contacts. But I don't want the users to pull up the 'All Active Contacts' view because they would then see all the other users' contacts that are not pertinent to them. I don't think I h...

Address Book versus Contacts.
This question must have been asked and answered on this list a million times. I don't look the list every day so if it has I missed it. I have Outlook 2007 with all my address entries and phone numbers stoted in Contacts. How can transfer these, additionally or otherwise, to Outlook's Address book so I can access them from other programs, like Word perfect? Thanks, Denzil But you could allways search the groups. They are one and the same, you have to configure Contacts to be used as an address book "Denzil Hathway" <hathway@cox.net> wrote in message news:uN...

Lost Contacts After Upgrade from Office 2003
A little background. I'm was using Office 2003 (no Exchange server). I have two separate .pst files (one for personal, one for my company). Before my upgrade from Office 2003 to 2007, I had hundreds of contact organized in several folders under my contacts lists that lived in both pst files. After the upgrade, I can't all to find them. The really odd thing is some of them show up. Does anyone have any ideas where they would have gone? Thanks, -- Greg Wilkerson There where they always were. Upgrading does nothing to your Outlook data file. Did you back up the...

Contacts not Displayed in Main Window
I did a fresh install of Windows XP Pro SP3. I just installed Windows Live Mail and Live Messenger. In Messenger my contacts are not displayed in the main window. And in Live Mail I cannot open the Layout Options box in order to change the position of the reading pane from the right to the bottom. I was having these same issues before I reinstalled the OS. I have another computer running XP SP2 with Live Mail and Messenger on it and I have not had these problems. Support from MS has not been able to help. Same problem here on a brand new computer from Dell. It had the fu...

Linking emails to contacts in BCM / Outlook 2003
I see how to link emails to all contacts, but is there a way to pull up a single contact (in the Business Contact Manager) and link previously sent messages - without it going back through the entire BCM database and setting redundant links for them? Please advise, BSW ...

Contacts in the GAL
I inherited an installation with lots on mail enabled contacts in the GAL. Is there a quick way to exclude these contacts from the GAL? There are other address lists which filter the contacts only but I cannot edit the filter for the GAL On the propeties of each contact, Exchange Advanced tab, there will be a tick box to show them in the GAL or not - just set this accordingly. To set this for many users, I suspect that the ADModify tool will help. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "Keith Thomas" <me@nospam.com> wrote in message n...

Restore function and Outlook Contacts
WIN XP HE SP1, OL 2002 SP3 Hi, I have messed up a "sync" with my cell phone's address book and all of my contacts in my Outlook default folder have been overwritten by my cell phone contacts--as opposed to the contrary I wanted to achieve. If I use Win XP's "Restore" function, is there a chance that my previous contacts may be restored? Tx, S ...