When sending meeting request automatically shows as accepted in calendar

Outlook 2003 when I set up a meeting request and send it to a certain
person it autmatically comes up in my calendar as accepted immediately
after the request is sent.  If I check with the person that I sent it
to it does not show up on their calendar and is still in the inbox
waiting for a response accepted, declined, ect...

This only happens when I send to one particular person.  I tested on
other users and machines to this same person and do not have the
problem.  It appears it is only on this one persons computer/email
account.

Any suggestions on how to fix would be great.
0
Steven

"Steven Stencel" <sstencel77@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Outlook 2003 when I set up a meeting request and send it to a certain
> person it autmatically comes up in my calendar as accepted immediately
> after the request is sent.  If I check with the person that I sent it
> to it does not show up on their calendar and is still in the inbox
> waiting for a response accepted, declined, ect...
>
> This only happens when I send to one particular person.  I tested on
> other users and machines to this same person and do not have the
> problem.  It appears it is only on this one persons computer/email
> account.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix would be great.

Perhaps they have configured Outlook to accept meeting requests automatically.
Tools>Options>Calendar Options>Resource Scheduling.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

IMap not showing folders except Inbox
Hi everyone, Using sbs 2003, outlook 2003 sp2. Configured imap (much easier then configuring Exchange account) on a pc but only the inbox is showing all other 'folders' are missing. Any suggestion as to what might have gone wrong is much appreciated. Regards, Smiley Do you have the correct logon name syntax: Imap4 username syntax is "domain/username/mailboxalias" configure outbound smtp username as "domain/username" and require authentication. "Smiley" <firework123@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:eqai39$p3c$1$830fa7a5@news.demon...

send from address
Hi all, is there any way to automatically change the from email address for all messages that go through a certain smtp connector? I want all messages going through that connector to look like they were sent from one specific mailbox / person. We need to make sure all replies end up in the same place. Thanks Rogier. Not in exchange natively. Typical solutions to this are implementing a "smart host" to re-write the headers, and routing all outbound through that host. Sendmail can do this, and there are other products out there for the Windows platform that can do this, ie...

RSS Feed of Exchange Resource Calendar...
Has anyone heard of, or figured out a way to produce an RSS feed from a resource calendar? We are looking to use this as a feed to our Digital Signage solution. Thank you in advance! Brad -- Bradley Johnson Systems Engineer Parallel Technologies Minneapolis, MN ...

Can't accept request for meeting
Using Outlook 2k on a Windows 2K machine user cannot accept a request for a meeting. Likewise they cannot make a request; Outlook says that the meeting doesn't exist even though this is a request to create a new meeting. This problem has to be within the .pst file. It was preexisting on previous machine and followed when the .pst file was moved to a brand new machine with Win2k and Off2k freshly installed. The .pst file is very large, around 800MB. ...

automatic list of e-mail subjects
I would like to list the subject names of whole e-mails in my INBOX (including all subfolders of Inbox). How can i do that by code? I think that will be wonderfull, I'm looking for something like that since a year because i can't program anything... I will be even more powerfull if the list could be shared on a server and automatically load to every users. This will sell like cookie since a lot of company work with porject number and custumer, rules for filtering could also be manage on the server by only one person as the subject list also. "mezzanine1974" wrote: &...

Anyway To Always bcc same email address automatically
Is there anyway to set up a rule or something so that everytime I send an email it is bcc'd to a specific email address? Thanks. Rick Bellefond RB Data Services rick@rbdata.com Do not know if this works in 2003 but here is a link to some code that will do this for 2000: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/autobcc.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rick Bellefond asked: ...

WHY CAN'T I SEND MY E-MAILS? THEY WIND UP UNSENT IN OUTBOX.
Why can't I send my e-mails? The wind up unsent in outlook. Version? do they change when you look in the outbox? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/outbox.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "PatA" <PatA@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Envelope Journaling not showing BCC
Exchange experts, I'm a bit confused about the correct implementation of envelope journaling... I run Exchange 2003 Standard and have configured envelope journaling to an external contact (3rd party archive company). I have an SMTP Connector to the 3rd party. I still don't see plain BCC recipients when searching the 3rd party's database. Every now and then I find a message that was sent to DL BCC (Distribution List?) but none that were sent to a manually-typed BCC address. I read about the JournalBCC registry key but I removed it from my registry after seeing that it did n...

Unable to send emails #2
My mail server is not sending out emails. When I perform an NSLookup on the server's IP address I get an UNKNOWN for the server name. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks "TPSchaefer" <TPSchaefer@hotmail.com> wrote: >My mail server is not sending out emails. When I perform an NSLookup on the >server's IP address I get an UNKNOWN for the server name. > >Any ideas would be appreciated. Fix your DNS or your network connection to your DNS. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm I have...

Sending mail for different domains through different IP's
I have searched with Google and looked through newgroups but have not found the answer to my following question. I have seen similar questions, but none that describe my exact situation, although it must be quite common. Assumptions: - I have 2 internet-domains, let's call them ABC.com and 123.com - I have 2 NT login domain accounts. One with e-mail aliasses for domain ABC.com and one for domain 123.com - I also have 5 IP addresses configured on the network-card from the server, let's call them IP1 through IP5. All addresses are sequential on the same subnet - I want outgoing message...

Each new window showing up in start bar--want to turn this off
Hi, I'm a new user to Outlook. Everytime I open a new email it puts a new item on my Start bar. Now my Start bar is cluttered because I have more than one message open at once. Where is the option to change this? -- Thanks, PTweety "pickytweety" <pickytweety@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42E83CF7-E369-4CB5-935C-2058FF39D4E7@microsoft.com... > I'm a new user to Outlook. Everytime I open a new email it puts a new item > on my Start bar. Now my Start bar is cluttered because I have more than one > message open at once. Where is the...

How to automatically re-order a list
Hi, I have a worksheet with data in several rows. Column wise they consist of names, points etc.. I am trying to setup a formula whereby the formula looks at the data in the points columns and then re-orders the rows accordingly taking all the information in the row with it, with the highest points total at the top and lowest points total at the bottom. Each points cell, has a formula in there already which pulls the points total from other cells and combines them. Hope you can help! Thanks sandmania, Have your tried Data / Sort? Select the whole table, and the rows will stay togeth...

Accepting meeting: Organizer
When trying to accept a meeting it says "you cannot respond to a meeting without an organizer. You must add an organizer field to the item" . I have looked everywhere for this error and cannot find it. Any idea's or input anyone?? Thanks! -C- ...

Automatically open different workbooks depending on user account used.
There are two userrs on the same computer. When user 1 opens Excel, I'd like oen workbook to automatically open. When user2 opens Excel, I'd like a diffferent workbook to automatically open. Is this possible? (Each user logs into Windows usning their uuser account.) The computer is running windows XP pro and Excel 2007. Thanks, Something like this might work for you. This is untested. Post back if this doesn't work for you. Place the following macro in the ThisWorkbook module. You would need to change ThePath to your real path, the user account names for Joe and Bill...

Urgent Send email problem!!!
OK Techies; this is a baffler! Neither Netscape-7.1 nor Outlook-2000 send emails from my desktop. I can receive from any email client but can't send from the client. I can send form my ISP's Webserver, but not from my desktop client. I'm using Verizon DSL. Everything else (HW / SW) on the PC works fine; P-3 1 GHz. w/512 Mb. RAM - 80 Gb HD; running Win2k-Pro SP4. It seems as though port 25 (SMTP) is blocked somehow. I tried another DSL modem; no change.It's obviously not the modem, or is it the email client-app (I've used several). I've tried sending with and...

MNY 2006 Trial
Notice, I'm asking about Money 2006 Deluxe downloaded trial edition. I have set up my accounts (bank, broker, credit card) for automatic updates. If I manually "update accounts" it does (most of the time). But it never "automatically" updates the accounts. I have the banks on the default, no changes, Every Day setting. I've read the MS MNY Help topics, so please don't direct me to them. What else might I be missing? MEP ...

charting a single bar graph on one line showing continuous info
I must do a time graph showing total workhours with tick marks showing begin and end of tours on a dialy basis. I cannot get the custom or standard chart graph functions to do this without putting in all of the data. I just want the begin tour and end tour of each person. can you help. thx debi ...

Can I Invite a Public Calendar on an Email?
I would like to be able to add an appointment to my personal calendar and invite the public calendar too to get that appointment into the public calendar. I have read that this is possible because all public folders have an email address, but I have not been able to figure out how to do this. Thanks! right click on the pf calendar and choose properties - there is an option to add the calendar to your address book. you can also guess at the address - many times the folder name is the email alias - if its longer than 8 characters, try the first 8. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Autho...

shared calendar issue
We are using Outlook 2007. One of our users has read/write access to her manager's calendar. When she books a meeting from her manager's calendar, she always gets a message saying "this appointment already exists in calendar server". The appointment then goes into her managers' calendar but she does not get notificationthat the appointment has been emailed to attendees (it doesn't go in her sent box). Any help appreciated, -- Michelle ...

Public folders not showing on all Outlook clients
Hi I have Exchange Server 2003 on SBS 2003. Every Outlook user has his own Public folders created and has given permission for other users to read the public folders. The problem is the other users do not see these public folders that have been shared. I have even added permissions on Exchange System Manager in Public folders but still they cannot see one anothers Public folders! Please help! Chris <chris.l@actionprgroup.com> wrote: >I have Exchange Server 2003 on SBS 2003. Every Outlook user has his own >Public folders created and has given permission for other users t...

Block send in a mailbox
How can I configure a mailbox in Exchange 2003 that only can receive emails, not send? Thanks in advance. It's not easy. You can block the mailbox from sending to the Internet by configuring delivery restrictions on the SMTP Connector. The only way to prevent that mailbox from sending to internal recipients is to configure delivery restrictions on all other internal recipients, which is generally impractical. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Alfons G" <manguta2000@hotmail.com&g...

Calendar
Hi All, Is it possible to make Birthdays show up in colour when printed on a calendar? Birthdays set in the contacts information that is. Could it also apply to Anniversary's? Regards -- I live in my own little world, But it's OK, they know me here.... ++ Kevin J Prince ++ Yes. Use you can do it using Labels or Categpries - depending on which version you have. You forgot to state that very important piece of data. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Want to be more productive? Outlook 2003 user? Read "7 settings all Outlook 2003 ...

counting data in two columns on worksheet that meet certain criteria:
i need to count the number of rows in my 8 column spreadshet that mee one citeria in column c and another in column f? Ex: if column c=3 an column f=no how many rows meet both criteria ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com try =SUMPRODUCT((C1:C21=3)*(F1:F21="no")) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "patam" <patam.xilda@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:patam.xilda@excelforum-nospam.com... > > i need to c...

Need more help.....getting error on pop-up calendar
In searching the posting for this user group, I found what I needed to create a pop-up calendar in my workbook. It works fine........up to a point. When I share the workbook I get an error message. I'm not a VBA person and wondered if someone could offer assistance with troubleshooting the error message. Here is the code I used to create the pop-up calendar Private Sub Calendar1_Click() ActiveCell.Value = CDbl(Calendar1.Value) ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yyyy" ActiveCell.Select End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Tar...

Raw PDO shows up as unspecified device in Windows 7
Hi all, I created a raw PDO for doing sideband communication for my HID multi-touch minidriver. I have also installed a UMDF driver on top of that raw PDO. What I just found is: now I have a new device shows up in "Devices and Printers" and listed as "Unspecified" device. Is there a way to prevent my raw PDO shows up in "Device and Printers" at all? Or is there a way to put it under the proper category? Thanks. G. report in the device caps that it should not be displayed in the UI d "gti4ever" wrote in message news:97BAF8...