Using 'Add to Favourites' option on a shared calendar not working

In Outlook 2007 we have a few users who are unable to add a shared calendar
to their Calendars->Other Calendars list. The steps that work on a mojority
of computers are:
1. Go->Folder List.
2. Navigate to Public Folders->All Public Folders->...->Communal Calendar.
3. Right Click on Communal Calendar and select 'Add to Favourites'.
4. Click OK on 'Add to Favourites' dialog.
5. Go->Calendar and the calendar should have appeared under 'Other
Calendars' list.

However, in a few cases when OK is clicked in step 4 the calendar never
appears in the 'other calendars' list and no error messages are displayed.

Does anyone have any idea why this does not always work and/or any
sugestions to help?

Thanks
Alan

You could try restarting Outlook with the /resetnavpane switch, but it will
remove all folders from the navigation pane.  Test it on one system where
the user doesn't have a lot of folders added first.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"abrough" <abrough@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Outlook 2007 we have a few users who are unable to add a shared
> calendar
> to their Calendars->Other Calendars list. The steps that work on a
> mojority
> of computers are:
> 1. Go->Folder List.
> 2. Navigate to Public Folders->All Public Folders->...->Communal Calendar.
> 3. Right Click on Communal Calendar and select 'Add to Favourites'.
> 4. Click OK on 'Add to Favourites' dialog.
> 5. Go->Calendar and the calendar should have appeared under 'Other
> Calendars' list.
>
> However, in a few cases when OK is clicked in step 4 the calendar never
> appears in the 'other calendars' list and no error messages are displayed.
>
> Does anyone have any idea why this does not always work and/or any
> sugestions to help?
>
> Thanks
> Alan

0
Diane
4/6/2010 3:04:24 PM
Thank you Diane. That seems to have fixed the problem. Have also had a look
around your Outlook tips website...very useful!

Thanks again
Alan

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> You could try restarting Outlook with the /resetnavpane switch, but it will
> remove all folders from the navigation pane.  Test it on one system where
> the user doesn't have a lot of folders added first.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Do you sync your mailbox with a smartphone or pda?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=39473
>

> "abrough" <abrough@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In Outlook 2007 we have a few users who are unable to add a shared
> > calendar
> > to their Calendars->Other Calendars list. The steps that work on a
> > mojority
> > of computers are:
> > 1. Go->Folder List.
> > 2. Navigate to Public Folders->All Public Folders->...->Communal Calendar.
> > 3. Right Click on Communal Calendar and select 'Add to Favourites'.
> > 4. Click OK on 'Add to Favourites' dialog.
> > 5. Go->Calendar and the calendar should have appeared under 'Other
> > Calendars' list.
> >
> > However, in a few cases when OK is clicked in step 4 the calendar never
> > appears in the 'other calendars' list and no error messages are displayed.
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea why this does not always work and/or any
> > sugestions to help?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Alan

Unable to view dates on calendar
I am trying to update a calendar created in visio. When I view and or print the calendar the dates are not in the top right hand corners? What happened? Thanks! ...

Unable to post on calendar
Hi everyone!! There are instances when the user accepts meeting invitation but do not reflect on his calendar. Any suggestions. Thanks. Ask in an Outlook newsgroup. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC490855-BF14-4548-AD6F-A2FAAB75308F@microsoft.com... > Hi everyone!! > > There are instances when the user accepts meeting invitation but do not > reflect on his calendar. > > Any suggestions. > > Thanks. ...

How can I highlight individual days on a calendar?
I want to make a calendar with individual days higlight possibly in various colors. I use to be able to do it in a earlier version of publisher, but don't fid it in 2007. Are you trying to color in a table cell? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Highlighting in calendars" <Highlighting in calendars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2AC739D-951B-4729-986B-F776C993CCD0@microsoft.com... >I want to make a calendar with individual days higlight possibly in various > colors....

Available to use
Hello, Im trying to create a quiz system that allows users to log in and take a quiz. However there are two users of the system, lecturers and students. What I need help with is I want to make a page on my slide to allow a lecturer to make content avaiable. For instance If the lecturer logs in they are taken to a page with two buttons on it saying log out or make slides avaiable. Then if a student logs in, depending if the presentation is avaiable they are taken to the quiz, if it is not avaiable a message pops up and telling them it is unvaiable and they are taken to the login ...

Populate Chart/Graph Using Report Fields
Group: I have a graph that was created from a query which pulls from linked tables with ODBC. When I create a report, everything populates correctly in about 10 seconds, but when I try to create a graph using the same query, Access runs basically forever (over an hour) until I hit <Ctrl><Break>. The issue seems to be with Microsoft's graph object and ODBC, so my thinking is if I can create a graph utilizing the text boxes in a report, then there won't be a link between the graph and ODBC, only the graph and the report fields. Then I could make the text boxes invisible. My ...

Calendar reminders display twice
When a reminder comes due it shows up twice in the Reminders window. "007boat" <007boat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:464BBA94-5036-4DEE-B4E7-9AD728FE0D8E@microsoft.com... > When a reminder comes due it shows up twice in the Reminders window. Try starting Outlook once with the /cleanreminders command switch. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Outlook permissions not working
One Outlook user grants another Read access to the mailbox, no access to anything but Calendar. Gives second user Author to Calendar. Other user opens the mailbox, and can see other folders and things (deleted items, contacts etc) but can't access them. Can access Calendar OK. Other folders should not be showing up! We've tried removing and adding etc, but nothing works. Any ideas? Thanks, Neal If the users are able to open up the mailbox in the folder list at all, and expand it, perhaps they've been granted at least Reviewer rights at the root level mailbox folder on the...

Starting work period on a Saturday and ending on a friday
I am trying to get this formula to start the work period on a saturday and end on a friday (rather than the normal week of Sunday thru Saturday) ="Work Period "&TEXT(TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),1)+1,"mmmm d")&" - "&TEXT(TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),1)+14,"mmmm d, yyyy") As is it starts on Sunday and ends on saturday. I tried changing the +1 to a -1, but that didn't work. What do I need to change to make this happen? see response in worksheet.functions -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "JLy...

Home / Office Desk Power Option failed to turn off LCD screen
Hi, My OS is MS Window XP (Home) Edition. I have set my power option as "Home / Office Desk Scheme" which is suppose to turn off my LCD screen after 10 minutes if the PC remains inactive. Lately I find that this feature is not working at all. I need to turn off the screen manually if I play music for long hours. May I know what are the possible causes and how to deal with this problem ? Thanks Low On Feb 2, 2:05=A0pm, Mr. Low <Mr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > My OS is MS Window XP (Home) Edition. > > I have set my p...

Passport not working
When signing into Money 2004 I get the folowing error message: The sign-in attempt for "name removed"@hotmail.com was unsuccessful. Please try your sign-in name and password again. I have verified that my hotmail account is active, the password is current and that everything is spelled correctly. Any suggestions? I had this problem a few weeks ago. The next day everything was fine. I don't know what caused it, but my Husband also had problems signing into his office. We figure it was some sort of Network problem. Hope this helps!? "Chris E" <anonymous@dis...

using for-next index in range variable
MSDN seems to say that range values must be written in the A1 format. I need to compare a value in column D (sample IDs) of worksheet import and compare it to column A (location) of worksheet data. If the values are equal I need to set a cell in worksheet data equal to the sum of columns I:M in the same row that the sample ID = the location. Will something like this work: If worksheet(import).cell[D"i"] = worksheet(data).cell[A"j"] then worksheet(data).cell[k,j] = sum(worksheet(import).[I"i":M"i"] Is there a different, perhaps easier way to do this? ...

Several charts in Works spreadsheet into Excel seem lost.
I have a spreadsheet that collects rainfall during the year and provides plots showing month by month and YTD against normal rain fall. When I imported this into Excel, all the charts, which were not easy to set up with various matching ranges of fields seem to have disappeared. Are they really gone? Why does Microsoft hate Works so much? ...

"CTRL-L Look-Up Short Cut Key Intermittantly not Working
When creating an order... the "CTRL-L" lookup short cut keys doesn't work on a consistant basis after upgrading to GP10. Our Customer Sales Reps are complaining when creating orders and looking up a part number ..."CTRL-L" intermittantly works. When pressing "CTRL-L" doesn't work... nothing happens. Peter, What's your GP build number? Go to ? > About Microsoft Dynamics GP. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster....

using groups
Is there a way to group clients into a group and be able to assign tasks to the gourp? Not without developing custom code using the SDK. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:34:28 -0500, "News Reader" <nospam@email.com> wrote: Is there a way to group clients into a group and be able to assign tasks to the gourp? There is not an ACT-like feature where each user can group contacts into any group they like. The best way to simulate this feature is to add a custom field ...

How do I make 'save as web page' with interactivity work properly.
I have a pivot chart that I've customised by grouping categories, etc. When I publish it as a web page with interactivity, the categories do not show at all, and when I add them manually in the browser, of course it loses the grouping information and various other customisations. Many thanks if you're willing to share an answer! ...

MS Works Suite 2000 Money Express
I currently use Money Express 2000 on Windows 98. I am about to upgrade to Windows XP with Works 2005, will I be able to convert my data from 98 to XP? Thanks Elaine Chester wrote: >I currently use Money Express 2000 on Windows 98. I am about to > upgrade to Windows XP with Works 2005, will I be able to convert my > data from 98 to XP? > > Thanks Actually that would be updating Money 2000 to Money 2005 (express). I don't believe there is a problem, but I was not able to verify it. -- Joseph Meehan Dia duit Provided both versions are from the same geograph...

Possible to use pivot table on non-mumeric fact data without calculating?
Hi, does anybody know if it is possible to use a pivot table and not do any calculation on the fact data? I have a flat table in my Orace DB and just want to use Excel's pivot table to transform the data into columns (X axis) and rows (Y axis) displaying the non-numeric fact data. The combination of X- and Y-dimension data is unique. My fact data is a 1-letter alphanumeric code encoding various options for the X- and Y-dimension data with the letters O, M, A and G. To work arround I decode the alphanumeric code into 1-digit numbers 0,1,2,3 and use "maximum" as formula for the p...

I need a Guru! Meeting requests with optional times and limited seats
Hi all can anyone help me out with this problem? I have to schedule a meeting for 100 people and the room can only hol 27 people at a time so I want to have 4 meetings at different times an I want the people to be able to choose which meeting time they want. If they choose a time slot that�s filled up I want it to notify them t choose another time. How do I do that with ONE outlook meeting request? (people her ar sending 4+ meeting requests and telling people to choose only 1 and it kind of getting messed up plus the max number of people is not bein controlled) If it cant be done is th...

Copy Exchange Contacts/Calendar to Office Outlook 2003
I want to cpy all of the contacts and calendar items from exchange to a local pst file. I figured how to dio this with mail but I am missing something. Thanks! ...

How to determine which CD was used for a given installation?
I have 5 networked Macs and 5 copies of Office v.X. One Mac has to be wiped & reinstalled. How can I tell which of the 5 copies was installed (prior to the wipe) on this particular Mac? The "Product Code" that appears in the 'About' window does not appear to match any codes found on the packaging -- even the formats are wildly different. Trial and Error is not a good option. Any thoughts? If you don't get a better answer, you can do Trial and Error without removing and reinstalling: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html DM "Brian Leahy"...

Error after add new subproject
Hello. I trying to add new subproject and get message "Invalid characters in subproject location". Where is may exist problem? What's the location? I would not use a location with *any* spaces or non-alphanumeric characters anywhere in the path. Paul T. "Sergey" wrote: > Hello. I trying to add new subproject and get message "Invalid characters in > subproject location". Where is may exist problem? "Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" wrote: > What's the location? I would not use a location with *any* spaces or > non-...

Outlook 2003 not filtering spam when rules are used
I have 4 email accounts that I have come into outlook. My primary one comes to the inbox, and the other three have folders they go to. I used rules to set this up. I have the folders set up as subfolders to my inbox. The spam filter works great on my one account that comes directly to my inbox. However, the spam filter doesn't work on the other accounts that go to my different folders. Any ideas why? Is there a place in outlook that I can control the spam filter options? Thanks- Carl Sundermann carlsunder@hotmail.com Oh! [M.I.] Ester ha trovato una bottiglia con dentro un messa...

I can't add attachments to emails or notes
Hi all !! I can't add attachments to any object i should can ... i get this error message when I click in Attach ... You are not authorized to view this page You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following: Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials. If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone number liste...

Unable to share folders via Exchange
Hi, I am unable to share my Outlook folders via exchange. I have: Outlook 2003 SP1 connected to MS Exchange Server (2003) over RPC. I use cached mode (.ost) rather than local .pst Problem: Only options available when 'Sharing...' selected are: General; Home Page; AutoArchive; Synchronization Permissions tab does not appear. So far, I have: 1. Uninstalled MS Outlook 2. Reinstalled MS Outlook (unpatched) - permissions still not available 3. Repatched MS Outlook - permissions still not available Sharing permissions are available for other MS Outlook 2003 SP1 users in our office. If I ad...

Pivot Table filter--can the select (All) option be eliminated?
I'm trying to find out if there is a way to eliminate the select (All) option in a report filter--so that you can only select 1 of the other filter names at a time and cannot select all of them at once ...