How do I get Outlook Today to show appts from multiple calendars?

I want the opening page (Outlook Today) to show the next week's appointments
from 2 calendars.  I can only get it to show one calendar and it defeats the
purpose of having the summary.  Ideas?

If you provide some basic information like:

version of Outlook
where the two Calendars are located (eg is one a Public Folder, a shared
Calendar, a sub-folder of your mail Calendar)

you'll find getting a useful answer here much faster and less laborious.
:-)

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

in Canberra, Australia
"MORE CALENDAR" <MORE CALENDAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want the opening page (Outlook Today) to show the next week's
>appointments
> from 2 calendars.  I can only get it to show one calendar and it defeats
> the
> purpose of having the summary.  Ideas?

0
Judy
3/7/2010 9:06:42 AM
Outlook Today only supports your default calendar.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?

"MORE CALENDAR" <MORE CALENDAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want the opening page (Outlook Today) to show the next week's
> appointments
> from 2 calendars.  I can only get it to show one calendar and it defeats
> the
> purpose of having the summary.  Ideas?

0
Diane
3/7/2010 10:12:42 PM
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2007 on Windows Vista and would like to be able to see both a work and personal calendar (both are shown under My Calendars in the tab) on Outlook Today. Also I would prefer that when I am viewing the calendar tab (daily, weekly or monthly) that both would appear on the same calendar but different colors similar to what I can presently do with categories. Is there any way to do this?

MORE CALENDAR wrote:

How do I get Outlook Today to show appts from multiple calendars?
06-Mar-10

I want the opening page (Outlook Today) to show the next week's appointments
from 2 calendars.  I can only get it to show one calendar and it defeats the
purpose of having the summary.  Ideas?

BizTalk Custom Pipeline for Splitting Messages
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a0786aaf-c159-40ff-9cf6-241d5e325f42/biztalk-custom-pipeline-f.aspx
0
Albert
3/16/2010 2:45:12 PM
<Albert Freund> wrote in message news:2010316104511albert.freund@gmail.com...

>I am using Microsoft Outlook 2007 on Windows Vista and would like to be able
>to see both a work and
> personal calendar (both are shown under My Calendars in the tab) on Outlook
> Today.

You'll have to write your own, then.  The Microsoft-supplied Outlook Today can
show only the default Calendar and Tasks.

> Also I would prefer that when I am viewing the calendar tab (daily, weekly
> or monthly) that both would
> appear on the same calendar but different colors similar to what I can
> presently do with categories. Is
> there any way to do this?

Use the calendar overlay feature built into Outlook 2007.  See this:
http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/twocal/twocalendar.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Outlook 2003 attempting to send messages....
To Anyone: Here is a weird one. OS XP Pro SP2 / Office System Pro 2003. POP mail only. No SMTP authentication required. Everything working fine until recently when Outlook 2003 stopped sending messages and is attempting to send 1 of 2 messages when there are non in the Outbox.... Some posts say re-install Office System. Looking for alternatives. Any takers? ...

How to get information from the process monitor queue in GP 9.0
Hi, How to know which process exists in process monitor queue? If developer wants to know process details from process monitor queue in GP 9.0 then is there any system functions available? Constants, which are available in GP7.0 and GP 7.5 does not exists in GP 9.0. Is there any alternative option available in GP 9.0 to retrieve process queue information? Thanks ...

edit Punlisher version in multiple documents
I have a publisher folder that contains several other folders. In these "sub folders" are publisher documents for departments to revise for a City-wide publication. My problem: documents are saved in Publisher 2003 and not all departments have the latest version. I want to convert all of the documents into Publisher 2000 so they can be opened and modified by departments. How do I "save as" Publisher 2000 without opening each foler and then each document. Do advanced attributes work? How? Many thanks for any help. You don't want to hear the answer. You alrea...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Sharing Outlook #2

Outlook user profiles

Where do I find archived calendar infromation?
Outlook 2003/Calendar Where is the archived calendar info and how do I view it? Should be in your Archive PST file (most likely named Archive.PST) , open it using the File menu > Open > Outlook Data File "Pegleg" <Pegleg@usnavyret.mil> wrote in message news:7rv7f4dv281krpl7hghglfd6odqlmvf205@4ax.com... > Outlook 2003/Calendar > > Where is the archived calendar info and how do I view it? ...

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

The easiest way to get free cash! #2
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>Hi all,</P> <P>I became a member of an interesting free website that is totally unique. It actually rewards its members for learning! You can learn lots of important things and earn rewards taking fun quizzes, plus earn cash for other activities! Membership is free, and people of all ages and educational backgrounds everywhere can become members and participate at their own level. It�s called �It P...

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Manage Calendar
Is it possible to manage somebody else's calendar? My boss wants his assistant to be able to manage his calendar from her desk. Is this possible? He wants her to have reminders pop up on her computer. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Jasper The easiest way I know is to have your boss's assistant set up as his Delegate. Then she can manage his calandar as if it were her own. marx404 Does that give her access to everything in his mailbox also? Thanks, Jasper "marx404" <404@404.com> wrote in message news:MoCdnRtYxddb8_DdRVn-uw@adelphia.com... &...

Select Multiple Folders
I have an Excel application, where the user can browse to a folder and process all the documents in that folder. I use the Office 10 FileDialog object (FolderPicker) to allow the user to do this with an easily recognizable dialog box. The problem is, the users would like to select multiple folders at a time (which FolderPicker does not allow). I could allow them Browse and select a folder, add it to a list, then Browse again and add to the list, then Browse again, but that would be a long tedious process. Is there anything that would allow me to select multiple folders at a time, similar to...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Outlook Signatures #4

OL2K7
Does anyone know if there is a way to reset holidays? I've got a bunch that have been duplicated due to a Blackberry sync issue and would like to start from scratch. Any & all help is appreciated. "Tony" <|toxendine@hoopercorp.com|> wrote in message news:%234ZSwKfaKHA.5572@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if there is a way to reset holidays? I've got a bunch that > have been duplicated due to a Blackberry sync issue and would like to start > from scratch. Any & all help is appreciated. Display your calendar in the By...

Deleting Multiple Public Folders
Hi Folks; I have Exchange 2000 installed and I had configured a newsfeed. That made about 65,000 public folders and I later decided to remove the newsfeed. I can delete the folders one by one but I can't seem to delete them all en masse. Does anyone know how to efficiently delete these public folders? Unsubscribing from the newsfeed first, of course. Can you delete multiples using Outlook? "Marvin Miller" <sales@real.com> wrote in message news:e49WxLcYGHA.4884@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi Folks; > > I have Exchange 2000 installed and I had configured a news...

Public Folder Calendar Reminders
We use MS-Exchange with Outlook in our organization. Further, we have set up a group calendar using public folders in Exchange to track group appointments. We enter appointments into this group folder and then invite the applicable people to the appointment. We have been unable to configure the folder to automatically set reminders for these appointments when we enter them. Any suggestions? ...

how to get the system setup time.
I want to get the system setup time. but this code didn't work! CreateFile always return -1, and the error code is 0x00000005!(Access is denied.) TCHAR path[MAX_PATH]; if (GetWindowsDirectory(path, MAX_PATH)==0) break; HANDLE h = CreateFile(path, GENERIC_READ, FILE_SHARE_READ|FILE_SHARE_WRITE, NULL, OPEN_EXISTING, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, NULL); if (h==INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE) break; // always return Access is denied.! FILETIME ft1, ft2, ft3; if (!GetFileTime(h, &ft1, &ft2, &ft3)) break; thank you ! Buried in the MSDN documentation for the CreateFile function, there...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem