error opening address book when adding an appointment

I have used Outlook 2000 before but when I loaded it on my new compouter that
runs Microsoft Vista I have been unable to add an apointment in the calendar.
 I always get a message "An error occured when attempting to open the Windows
Adress Book.  Unable to find the WAB DLL."
Excel and Word are working fine.  I don't use Outlook for e-mail.  And am
not trying to link the apointment with anyone else.

You are using Outlook 2000 in Internet Only Mode. It is not compatible with
Vista. You'll need to run one of the functional versions of Outlook.
--
Russ Valentine
"jo" <jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have used Outlook 2000 before but when I loaded it on my new compouter
>that
> runs Microsoft Vista I have been unable to add an apointment in the
> calendar.
> I always get a message "An error occured when attempting to open the
> Windows
> Adress Book.  Unable to find the WAB DLL."
> Excel and Word are working fine.  I don't use Outlook for e-mail.  And am
> not trying to link the apointment with anyone else.

0
Russ
12/20/2009 10:28:18 PM
See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"jo" <jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have used Outlook 2000 before but when I loaded it on my new compouter
> that
> runs Microsoft Vista I have been unable to add an apointment in the
> calendar.
> I always get a message "An error occured when attempting to open the
> Windows
> Adress Book.  Unable to find the WAB DLL."
> Excel and Word are working fine.  I don't use Outlook for e-mail.  And am
> not trying to link the apointment with anyone else.

0
Diane

AD Replication and availability
Hi, I have installed two servers, in two different sites. One server is the domain controller and the other is a read only domain controller. I was just wondering, how i could set up when the two servers replicate and also when the server is available e.g. Tuesday and Thursday 12 - 4 pm. Also, how to install a printer or save a folder on the read only server? -- Sem3421 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sem3421's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/185214.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-director...

How do I fix this so I don't get an "Error 2015"
Dim x x = Application.CountIf("E5,E6000", "T13065") How do I fix this so I don't get an "Error 2015" Thanks, Rick Not tried it but I would think x=Application.Countif(Range("E5:E6000"),"T13065") Providing T13065 is a string you are counting. If it's a range reference x=Application.Countif(Range("E5:E6000"),Range("T13065")) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "2D Rick" <rbrowniii@compuserve.com> wrote in m...

web address help
whats the web address for outlook so i can sign on? I have it stored on my home computer but dont have it here thanks Outlook doesn't have a web address unless you use an Exchange server. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64da01c3e61b$58282fc0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > whats the web address for outlook...

Getting an Error when there is nothing to show
-- The bottom of my report which is a statement shows #Error when there is no Invoices to add up. Can I have it blank instead. this my text Box Control Source thanks for any Help....Bob =Reports!rptOwnerPaymentMethod!subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount!tbAmount.Value Try: =IIf([subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount].[HasData], [subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount].[tbAmount]) Explanation in: Bring the total from a subreport onto a main report at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-18.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.h...

Cannot send mail from outlook, error 0x800CCC78
This message started to appear back in Sept and I haven't been able to send e-mail from Outlook ever since (apart from a 2 day period in Novemeber when the issue disappeared just as quickly as it appeared). I now have to cut and paste e-mail i recieve into the e-mail interface of my provider in order to get e-mail sent. I have posted this error 3 times now and haven't got a solution, plenty of questions about versions, platforms, port numbers etc etc, but no fix. Judging by the hits on google to this, it is and established problem. Come on Microsoft, do your stuff.....

help!! smtp protocol error occurred
exchange 2000 srv/windows 2k srv smtp protocol error occurred when trying to send mails. receives fine. Still waiting for some relavent information so we can help you solve your problem. >-----Original Message----- >exchange 2000 srv/windows 2k srv >smtp protocol error occurred when trying to send mails. >receives fine. > > >. > I had that problem, I telneted into the servers that the error occurred and found I was on a blacklist. Had to sumit to an open relay test, and bam, no more problems. ...

Visual Basic Error
Every time I shut down Outlook, I now get the following Microsoft Visual Basic error: "Compile error in hidden module: Autoexec" This started after I installed the software for People PC Dial -up Service. They haven't responded to my question and Tech Net/Knowledge base come up empty. Help!!! Thanks So, uninstall that software. It's obviously the problem and if they won't support it then it's useless to you. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Exten...

Outlook 2003: Print address book
I'm running Outlook 2003 as a stand alone program without a network. I can't print the address book. The address book menu does not offer any print options including those found in the Help and Support and the MS Knowledge Base. It also doesn't offer the option to export/import. What am I missing here? Operating Windows XP Home SP2, IE 6 SP2, Outlook 2003. Thanks for any suggestion -- Phil pdischert@iname.com There is no address book in Outlook. There are lots of choices for ways to print your Contacts Folder: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/print.htm -- Russ V...

can you tell me what an error 920 is?
I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is appreciated You can go to the following link and it explains the issue you are having and how to fix it: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=295691 "Julie" wrote: > I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep > getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is > appreciated > > > ...

User Authentication Error
Hello All, I am running CRM 3.0. I have the system administrator role. When attempting to merge 2 account records I receive an error that states, "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." I cannot merge the records. If anyone can, please advise. thanks. Keith ...

Report Error 11-24-04
When attempting to run CRM Reports for the first time we are receiving the error "Information is needed before this report can be processed" I have found documentation that states that this can happen if your server has an underscore. Our server does not it is named ourcompany.server.eeecrm Can the periods have the same effect as the underscore. Or does anyone have another cause? Thank you Hi There - Hope you don't mind but I wish to piggy-back on your post. I get the same error on our custom reports that use OLE DB to connect to another SQL server other than the MS CRM ...

Userform combobox matchrequired = True; error with no selection
I have a userform that includes a combobox which is optional for the user, but if they do use it, they have to select one of the three values provided (no creativity allowed). This works fine if the user ignores the field, or if they make a selection. They can even click the combobox 'arrow' to see the values and then click to another part of the form without making a selection. They can tab through controls including this one without any problem. All good. However, a user may enter the field (mouseclick) thinking they might want to make a selection, then decide again...

Script Errors 08-12-04
When launching CRM 1.2 through the web interface or through Outlook I am experiencing errors. This occurs on all the PCs on our network. CRM installed on Windows 2000 Advanced Server Client PCs running 2000 or XP Pro Browser IE6 with all updates. The main 3 I see are: Error #1 Line: 3 Char: 1 Error: Syntax Error Code: 0 URL: https://crm/home/home_home.aspx Error #2 Line: 104 Char: 1 Error: 'ORG_DATE_START_DAY' is undefined Code: 0 URL: https://crm/home/home_home.aspx Error #3 Line: 15 Char: 3 Error: 'ORG_DATE_FORMAT' is undefined Code: 0 URL: https://crm/home/home_home...

Outlook 2002 SP3- Runtime Error when opening Outlook
I'm getting a runtime error- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library / Program C:/Program Files/ microsoftoffice/ office10 /outlook.exe. This App has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. This only happen the first time I open Outlook for the day. It shuts down, then I can reopen it and all is fine. I have try to debug it and the detect & repair option in the help tab. Any help is Appreciated! ...

Autoenrollment errors after adding SSL certificate
Hello, I'm running an all Windows 2003 domain with an exchange server which is setup so that Outlook web access is using SSL which required that I installed a certificate. Ever since I've set up exchange to use this certificate I receive the following errors in the Application log for both my Domain Controllers (both also Windows Server 2003) which occurs every 8 hours. Both Domain Controllers show the following errors in the Application Log Source: AutoEnrollment Type: Error User: N/A Computer: DomainController1 or 2 Event ID: 13 Description: Automatic certificate enrollment for loc...

Unknown error code
Hi, I'm trying to set up email in outlook 2007. After I put in all the information and click on "test account settings", I'm getting an error message. I mean, in the task tab, the "log onto incoming mail server (POP3), the status is completed" but on "send test email message, the status is Failed. and the error message is giving is "an unknown error code: 0x80040607 Does anybody knows out to fix this? Have you been able to send mail out before using that account, possibly with another mail client? "DM" <DM@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Adding up negative numbers only
Ok, let me try to explain this problem. I have several cells a1 throug a10. Each cell has a number, for ex. $10.00, ($5.00),etc. , sometime this number is positive, sometimes it is negative. I want to only ad all of the negative numbers in cells a1:a10 and put a total in cel a11. How can I do this? Thanks Ton -- tonydep ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tonydepo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1530 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26928 =SUMIF(A1:A10,"<0&quo...

Failed to open mmf error appears
A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. What could be triggering this error. What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? EllenB wrote: > A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn > mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. > > > What could be triggering this error. >-----Original Message----- >What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? > >EllenB wrote: >> A pop up window appears with the message 'fail...

trouble adding addins
in excell 2003 under windows 7 on a new computer, when I open the addin box and check the two analysis tool pak addins and click on OK. Then go back in they are unchecked. What do I need to do to get them to stay checked? -- CroceJC ...