developing a tracking System for office activities

We have a timeline chart which we follow in our office for keeping track of our office's chief tasks. For example, it may have in January, clear past year's bills, in February get ready for taxes and so on. The whole office staff has the same chart, but different people are responsible for the tasks(someone for taxes, someone else for paying last year's bills and so on). We need a mechanism so that we can track what activities have completed, when and by whom, what are the remaining
tasks for that month and year?

Can that be done with the Calendar in Outlook 2007 where we have a common calendar for the office which can be reviewed by all and updated by all when their task is in progress, completed or pending? I realize a calendar for a given email account \\fs17 can be shared with mutliple people which can have multiple appointments, reminders and so on. Also, if there is a reminder will it flash to all people amongst whom the calendar is shared? \\fs17

Or, should we look at Microsoft Groove or other better options?

We have Microsoft Groove. I understand we can use Sharepoint and BaseCamp too, but we don't have Sharepoint and BaseCamp is out of our budget.

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

office trial
wizard will not activate, keep getting message to set date and time correctly, these are set correctly in my time zone, tried to syncronise clock to different internet server but keep getting error message. Office trial was preinstalled on computer and I went through microsoft with key they emailed to me. This is getting very tiresome as I am a new user "tottenham hotspur" wrote: > wizard will not activate, keep getting message to set date and time > correctly, these are set correctly in my time zone, tried to syncronise clock > to different internet se...

Can I delete parts of Office?
I recently loaded Office 2004 on my iBook but want to conserve hard drive space for an app i just picked up, and was thinking about deleting all the MS apps except for Word and Excel. Can I do this without messing up Word and Excel to the point that I need to reinstall? I would just try it, but I'm away from home and don't have access to my Office install CD. Any help that could be provided would be great. Thanks <beau.keyes@gmail.com> wrote: > I recently loaded Office 2004 on my iBook but want to conserve hard > drive space for an app i just picked up, and was thinki...

"Configuring Microsoft Office Basic 2007" every time I start
I added memory to my PC and Office 2003 started to misbehave (and it could not find a CAB file that was on the CD) so I removed it and upgraded to Office 2007. Now every time I start my PC it spends time configuring itself. I might add iTunes is the same. It means starting the PC is an even more laborious process than usual. Oh, and I have some annoying update to XML something or other that does not install either, and does not go away. It is ironic that the extra memory was to improve perforamnce. Every step forwards involves two steps back. Apart from swapping to App...

Applying GPOs based on Operating System Version (item-level targetting)
Hi, we have a Win2003 AD with one server acting as the PDC and a small bunch of GPOs. All clients are running WinXP SP3. The whole network / AD is well working. Our management now wants Windows 7, but only on their computers, we're getting a WinXP/Win7 mixed environment (thanks Boss!). Thus we have to split some GPOs (eg. Folder Redirection, etc.). We could clone each security group, one for XP users/computers and the other for Win7 and apply GPOs only to the correct group but that might not be the best solution. We would like to use the item-level targetting like in dri...

Out of Office Question
We're new to O at our office. On occasion, I get OOO replies when I email people. I ask how they set it up and everyone tells me Tools, then Out of Office. My choices under Tools do not include OOO but they do include Rules Wizard. I feel sure somewhere in there is a way to set up OOO replies but I haven't hit upon the exact procedure. Help is no help at all. I have the disc, I run W2000 Professional. Can someone give me the drill to set up an OOO reply so I can turn it on before I go on vacation next week? Thanks in advance to all who help or try. Steve Ignots Steve, You need to be u...

Track in CRM Button
For some users, the track in crm button does not appear when they try to setup calendar appt using outlook. We did install on clean machine for one user experiencing this and the crm button does not appear. Our enviromentL 1. Outlook 2007 2. IE 2007 3. CRM 3.0 with Rollup Update 2 also looked at the following hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939175/en-us which only applies to Outlook 2003. Are there any other hot fixes that may apply to Outlook 2007? Thanks. ...

How to stop tracking a Contact in CRM 4.0
How do I stop tracking an Outlook Contact that has been set to "Track in CRM" Hi Ken, The "Track in CRM" for contacts turns to "View in CRM" when a matching contact record is created in the CRM database. If you no longer want that contact in CRM then you can delete it, then it will say "Track in CRM" again. "Ken Florian" wrote: > How do I stop tracking an Outlook Contact that has been set to "Track in CRM" ...

adobe active share phtot have gone smaller on slide show
I have adobe active share for my photo albums on my computor. The photos for some reason have just gone half the size of my screen and on a slide show. Even when I have imported new photos from fine pix they are half the screen size to.Can you please help Are you seeing this 1/2 size issue in Windows Live Photo Gallery? What is "fine pix?" -steve gill <user@msgroups.net/> wrote: >I have adobe active share for my photo albums on my computor. The photos for some reason have just gone half the size of my screen and on a slide show. Even when I have imported new photo...

can not insert a mail model in a compaign mail activity ?
Hello, When I am trying to send a simple mail, I can insert an email template. but when I plan a compaign based on mailing I can't make an email based on template ... So what what should I do to enable this functionality knowing that it's very intersting ability in a CRM Thanks in advance ...

Is it possible to add my own header to an email in Office Outlook or Outlook Express?
Hi all, I mean something like followings: X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: someone@somewhere.com or X-MyHeader: 123456 I'm able to do this via C# SmtpClient programmatically, but I want to this by an email application. Thanks in Advance Afshar Mohebbi > I mean something like followings: > X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: someone@somewhere.com > or > X-MyHeader: 123456 > I'm able to do this via C# SmtpClient programmatically, but I want to > this by an email application. For Outlook, you'd need to do it via code. I'd start at http://www.outlookcode.com. For OE, you'll wan...

Control Supported Device List for Active Sync
Hi I want to restrict what devices can connect to Active Sync - there is a built in list of supported devices which the service packs keep updating but is there a way to control this list yourself i.e. to only include two devices in the list? I want to control which devices meet the company standard and stop any which don't! More Info: Overview of mobile devices that are supported by Outlook Mobile Access in Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=821835 Thanks Clive ...

You need more memory or system resources
I have outlook 2000 connected to exchange server 5.5. Whenever I right click on the Outlook icon and go to properties, I get the error message "you need more memory or system resources." I scoured the internet and the info I'm getting is that it has something to do with outlook express 5 and it's a mapi setting that should be unchecked. I have outlook express 6 installed and I don't see that option anywhere. I turn off and on my computer, I don't have any programs running on startup and the first thing I do is try to get into properties and it still gives me th...

Applying SBS2003 R2 schema extension to Active Directory
I need to update my Active Directory on my SBS 2003 R2 server to with the 2003 R2 Active Directory schema to fulfill a prereq on a DFS setup I'm attempting with two 2008 Servers. I'm following this article for the procedure: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc773360%28WS.10%29.aspx I have verified my current schema version object version value is 30, so I know I need to update with R2 schema. The problem is that I only have the DVD installation disc for SBS 2003 R2, and I am not sure if the adprep version on the disc is the correct one. There are two in...

spell check in office basic or office Pro?
which ms office program do I need to purchase to get spell check in ms word? office basic or office professional? Thanks so much. Not sure why this put me in the excel user group..sorry barb Barb All of the office suite have Spellcheck. Take your pick, MS Works, Office Standard, Office Student, Office Pro. HTH Michael "barb" wrote: > which ms office program do I need to purchase to get spell check in ms word? > office basic or office professional? Thanks so much. Not sure why this put > me in the excel user group..sorry > barb ...

How do I activate the new mail button

Reactivating Office on a new computer.
I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy of Office, please? -- Steve Contact the vendor from where you purchased it. "stemac" <stemac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:795E14D0-A5F1-4CA4-B2B4-A102986CBADD@microsoft.com... :I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed : beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy : of Office, please? : -- : Steve The vendor was...

Accessing all questions I have asked in the Office forums
Is there a way I can call up all questions and answers I have ever asked via my login to Microsoft Discussion groups? I sure appreciate your help, John In news:FB996750-8ACF-4806-BDF8-7E66057A0DBB@microsoft.com, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Is there a way I can call up all questions and answers I > have ever asked via my login to Microsoft Discussion groups? > > I sure appreciate your help, John Use Google; look up your own name; finesse from there if you get too many hits. HTH, Twayne` ...

System/Organisation Settings and Email tracking Settings
my platform: Windows 2003 sp1,SQL 2005 & SQL reporting services,CRM 3.0. exchange is installed on a seperate domain controller. two weeks now into deployment and have managed to overcome most of the installation issues however I have noticed the following BUG: If i try to disable email tracking,or modify any properties within the email tracking settings window,the mail router will fail. 3 times now this has happened. the only way to fix it is to re-install CRM and do not touch the tracking options. ...

Email tracking
I have turned off from my client, outlook and exchange server 2k email tracking options. But still, sometimes I get spam from mail-address which does not excists anymore, I get "mail was unable to blaa blaa" I'm sorry for the bad description, please ask if I forgot to mention something usefull. If I understand correctly...you receive mail stating "mail was unable to be delivered to xxx@xxx.com" AND you really did not send this msg? We see this often in our Org, it's due to someone externally sending the email/SPAM as your address (spoofing), and when the ...

CRM should allow relationships between entities and system users.
I would like the ability to manage relationships between System Users and CRM Entities. We have folks dedicated in varying capacities to any given Account. e.g. - Bob is the Outside Sales contact - Becky is the Service Representitive - John is the Educational Coordinator Each of these may individuals consider an account "theirs" from their own perspective and therefore feel that the Account should show up in the "My Accounts" view. The Single-User Ownership model does not need to be revamped - but perhaps it could be made more flexible through user preferences. A. ...

Winxp activation
3yr old laptop with xp home installed by vendor. Went and bought a XP pro disk (legal) oem disk and installed and has been working just fine for the last 3 years. HDD went south, bought a new HDD and reinstalled windowsxp pro from a disk that I slipstreamed sp3 into. Install went fine, however when trying to activate, changed the product key back to the original XP PRo disk version that I bought. MS automated activation says the key does not match after trying the new installation numbers. Tried activation twice no luck. Is there ever a person that answers, all I can get is...

Upgrade Office 2004 Student to 2008 Standart
As the subject says. Does anybody have an experience with upgrading the student 2004 to standart 2008. On the box it says any 2001 to 2004 office suite or application is upgradeable but before I open the box I want to make sure this will work... I need exchange server thats why I can't upgrade with the 2008 home/student version.. Thanks On 3/6/08 1:13 PM, in article ee90031.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "srkerd@officeformac.com" <srkerd@officeformac.com> wrote: > As the subject says. Does anybody have an experience with upgrading the > student 2004 to standart 2008. ...

out of office assistant #55
For a former employee I would like all incoming emails to be sent a response that the person no longer works here. This is for all emails from the same sender, not just the first one. I am concerened about looping errors if I set up a rule to do this. ...

activity sharing
Can we share an activity in CRM ? thx ...

Ask outlook in microsoft office 2003
Is it more convenient function that which are there to ask outlook in microsoft office 2003 edition? I seldom read the letter and follow and send a letter with outlook, all have the browser and help me to join mails and follow and send a letter directly, Have lesson teachers of computers to teach a lot of, which outlooks functions are very well that I am not clear very much to have, the person knowing tells me, please. ...