copy appointments

I would like to be able to copy an apt and paste it into a different date. If
it's a recurring apt I can drag it and drop it to a different date or change
the date and time within the apt easy enough. But is there simply a way to
copy an apt and paste it somewhere else in the same calendar?

Yes, select (press Esc if you enter edit mode) and Ctrl+C, then Ctrl+V on
the new date. Right click, copy is also an option.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"Sandy at RCC" <Sandy at RCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to be able to copy an apt and paste it into a different date.
> If
> it's a recurring apt I can drag it and drop it to a different date or
> change
> the date and time within the apt easy enough. But is there simply a way to
> copy an apt and paste it somewhere else in the same calendar?

0
Diane

Cell data changes when copying and pasting
I've got Excel 2002 SP2. Another person in our office has Excel 2000. She entered a bunch of data into a spreadsheet for me (the data is dates in mm/dd/yyyy format). When I copy and paste her data into a new spreadsheet in one of my existing files, the dates change. This seems to be the rule of what is happening: when I copy and paste a cell into my sheet, it adds 1 to the day and 4 to the year. For example, if she typed 12/18/2003, it pastes it as 12/19/2007; if she typed 4/15/2004, it pastes as 4/16/2008. We are both baffled by this. There are no formulas being used, just a basic...

Cannot Copy Some Worksheet Tabs
I have a fairly large spreadsheet with tabs for each month of the year. As this has developed over the past couple of years, the number of tabs has grown and I now cannot copy some of the tabs to the end as a template for next month's sheet. Older tabs seem to copy better than newer tabs and I have no hidden worksheets (per article on KnowledgeBase). Any ideas ? Hi, This implies that the workbook contains sheets with illegal code names. Probably the offending sheet is the copy of the copy of the copy of .... a sheet and the workbook has originaly been created in XL97. These ...

Reply to all Carbon copy
This topic is for sending emails to many recipients. When Replying to All, I have a user that wants to Reply to the Sender, but have all the other original recipients in the CC: line. I have not found a way to do this. "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8628A04F-EA2C-4283-A904-4976192CD458@microsoft.com... > This topic is for sending emails to many recipients. When Replying to All, > I > have a user that wants to Reply to the Sender, but have all the other > original recipients in the CC: line. I have not found a way to ...

how can I copy an image in an email to a folder?
I receive many emails with images. In Outlook 2003 I could right click the image and "Save as" to save it to a foilder on my hard drive. In Outlook 2007 if I right click the image the only option is Copy. When I go to the folder to paste it there is nothing to paste. How can I copy these images to my disk? That might be easier with some VBA; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/saveembeddedpictures.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more htt...

Automatic copy from shared calendar to main calendar
Hi, I would like to automatically copy the content of a shared calendar into my main calendar. Is this possible? Thanks Michele 'xjp' <michele@removethis.nectarine.it> wrote: > I would like to automatically copy the content of a shared calendar > into my main calendar. > Is this possible? Perhapsw something here can help: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.asp -- Brian Tillman ...

Copying portions of an XML document
Hi I have a section in my app.config file that stores information about executing certain stored procedures that get cached using Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.cache, a sample of which is shown below: <listManagerCommands> <listManagerCommand name="SelectStates" storedProcedure="usp_SelectStates" connectionStringKey="UWMainConnString" cacheFlag="True" cacheTimeout="60"> </listManagerCommand> </listManagerCommands> I want to store these commands in a separate XML file that people can...

Compare data, and if different, copy to another worksheet
I've been unable to find what I need by searching other posts, but I'm hopeful someone can help me. We have a simple worksheet for users to enter run time and downtime data for equipment on different production lines. The data is entered in cells A5:H5 and then there is code to move it to the data table (which is autofiltered) beginning in row 9 of the same sheet. The code to move the data entry works fine, but I need to add to it. The users would like to compare A9:D9 with A10:D10 and if different, copy and paste A9:H9 to A9:H9 in a different worksheet. Column C is a da...

copy row to different tab
Creating a SS with 6 tabs(master,A,B,C,D,E) each having 5 columns(doc#,category,date,box,folder). "Category" can have 5 different values, A,B,C,D,E According to which value in 'category' is entered in master I want to copy the row and move it to corresponding tab. Can an IF statement do this? thanks, L. Worksheet functions cannot 'physically' copy rows or columns, nor can they format, hide, display, delete or add rows/columns. Your question included "copy and move", so that definitely rules out worksheet functions. To me, the &q...

Copy data from on table to another ?
I have lost a lot of data in my backend, but it is only data from a few columns, in one tabel, that I have lost. My tabel is called taCustemor, and the columns in that table is called fakFirm, fakAdress. I have use a custemornumber as a primarykey. So now I want to copy only these columns from my backup of the backend to my backend in use. I'm sure that I can do this buy using SQL, but I'm not sure how to make this querie. Can some one out there help me ? You want to use an append query. See Help file for info. In the database where you want the data to be when you're done, ...

why doesn't list of attachments show on printed copies?
I can't get the list of attachments included in a message to show when I print a copy of that message for my file. Any ideas I think the message has to be in plain text format for the attachment names to print. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:D55EC624-0940-4EB4-BF29-43F7B1FA28F6@microsoft.com, jshackell wrote: > I can't get the list of attachments included in a message to show > when I print a copy of that message for my file. Any...

copying SUMIF statements
I'm trying to find out how to copy a SUMIF statement that I've made to add up values for specific accounts. I've developed the SUMIF formula for brand X, and now I want to be able to copy the formula for a different brand Y, without having to manually go into the formula and change every "X" reference to a "Y" reference. Any suggestions?... Have a look in the help index for INDIRECT -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <bradyk819@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1194276913.282292.46110@v3g2000hsg.googlegroups...

Number recurring appointments 1 of 5, 2 of 5, etc.
I would like to number my recurring appointments, so they read: 1 of 5 2 of 5 3 of 5 4 of 5 5 of 5 Is this possible without having to type it manually in every occurance? No, its not possible and if you make every appointment an exception you are likely to corrupt them. If you need them numbered, don't make them recurring. (Copy and paste the appointment to a new date to avoid retyping.) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dail...

Canot open, copy or save attchments in Outlook (2002)
I have a user that just recently started having problems with attachments. They cannot be opened, copied or saved. There are no error messages displayed. I have already: 1) Uninstalled & Reinstalled Outlook 2) Verified the user has ADMIN rights 3) Emptied out the Temp Internet Files folder that Outlook writes to. 4) Removed "Windows Search" - no indexing going on now 5) Do not believe Google Toolbar is installed (could not find it anyway) Outlook does write the file (attachment) out to the Temp Internet Files folder as it should and as a workaround I have the user ...

Copy worksheets with formulas between different workbooks
Hi I want to copy a worksheet from one workbook to another one. To copy the worksheet I open the both workbooks right click on the tab/move or copy/create a copy and select the name of other workbook Then I close the first workbook and save the second one and the sheet is copied. The problem is that this worksheet contains formulas and when I open it it asks me to update the links. I go to Edit/Links/Break the link because I don't need to have the link and it breaks but after this the formulas on the copied worksheet disappeared. Is there any way to copy the sheet without links...

copying large cells
When I copy a large cell, only the first 260 or so characters will copy. Why is this happening? My guess: It's actually 255 characters--try =len(a1) if the cell is A1. And my real guess: You have two different workbooks open in two different instances of excel. Instead of running excel twice, open both workbooks in the same instance. If you have this happening by accident: Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel (both instances) and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button...

printing copies

Copy and Paste Formatting
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a keystroke to copy and paste formatting in Word for Mac 2008? I've found it arduous working with the toolbar button. Thanks, Abe asafdie, Use the standard Apple OS X keys: Copy: cmd-c Paste: cmd-v Cut: cmd-x Via Google search "apple mac keystrokes" found http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1343 --rms www.rmschneider.com On 16/04/10 19:09, asafdie@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel > Is there a k...

Copying workbook with rounding off error
When I copied the entire workbook to a new workbook using code, th values in the corresponding cells were different due to rounding of errors. The new workbook has values which are more accurate. When I went to Tools -> Options -> Calculations and unchecked th "precision as displayed", the corresponding values in the 2 workbook became the same. However, this did not solve my problem because wat I really wanted wa "precision as displayed" on the screen and not to uncheck it. But if leave it checked, the new workbook has values different from my curren workbook. How...

Access producing multiple copies
We have recently upgraded our desktops to SP3 and now we have an issue with an access database. The database creates a copy of itself when closing and saving changes, I have checked the settings and compact on close is not selected, this was something suggested on a forum. I have been unable to find a solultion or any guidance to resolve the issue. Thanks in advance What do you mean by "when closing and saving changes"? (This isn't something native to Access, so describe it, please.) "shedman" wrote: > We have recently upgraded our desktops ...

copy custom task with custom fields
I have created a custom "task folder" with custom column fields. However, when I try to copy this to the public folders (Outlook 2k3, Exchange Small Biz 2k3), I lose all formatting I have set up. Is there a way to copy this folder and formatting so it is available to all users? Without creating it locally on each users machine? Thanks. What exactly did you copy, and how? What formatting are you referring = to?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programmin...

ONE PAGE REPORT WANTS TO PRINT 1311 pages in each copy, WHY?
The excel report is only one page but recognizes it as 1311 pages long, why. Nothing shows on pages other than page one. Re-set your print area. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "G'pa Woody" <G'pa Woody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD997767-EF4A-4C22-95FE-13805F5684CF@microsoft.com... > The excel report is only one page but recognizes it as 1311 pages long, why. > Nothing shows on pages other than page one. Woody Check your print range settings. File>Print Area. Clear it first then reset to your desired r...

Copy Cell Formulal, but need one of the Cells to stay Static.
I am copying a formula from one cell to the next. Here is the formula: =SUM(B5,C5) When I paste it to the next cell below it looks like this: =SUM(B6,C6) When I paste the formula to the cell below, I need the C5 to stay the same, so it sould say: =SUM(B6,C5) What is the syntax to do this? Thx, Scott Buerkley Scott Buerkley wrote: > I am copying a formula from one cell to the next. Here is the > formula: =SUM(B5,C5) > > When I paste it to the next cell below it looks like this: > =SUM(B6,C6) > > When I paste the formula to the cell below, I need the C5 to stay the ...

stop a protected sheet from being copyed
how can you stop somebody copying a protected cell The US Treasury has been looking for that answer for many years. The only way to make it copy protected is not make it public. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "i need help" <i need help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEAE23B3-3FDB-4D2D-A71A-CC06FD8A68D4@microsoft.com... > how can you stop somebody copying a protected cell a protected cell? what kind of protected cell??? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "i need help" <i need help@discu...

error when copying PST folder into Exchange 2000 mailbox
Hi, I have an old PST file. Scanpst.exe has been run and a couple of errorr repaired. I can open the PST fine in Outlook 2003 SP3. When I try to copy a folder from the PST into an Exchange 2003 mailbox, I see this error: Unable to move or copy folders. Can't copy folder. A top-Level folder can't be copied to one of its subfolders. Of, you may not have appropriate permissions for the folder. To check your permissions for the folder, right-click the folder, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu. The folder and the items actually copies OK, but Outlook displays this error. W...

srv 2008 restore from usb disk, what happens with shadow copies?
I have a 2008 srv, with an external usb disk where I do backup with windowsserverbackup. Windowimagebackup folder on the usb disk is shared and its content is saved each day on a lto tape via network, with an other server. This in case srv 2008 broke and then usb disk as well. Yesterday I've delete the Windowimagebackup backup folder on the usb disk, but when I've tried to restore a file, I was still able to do it, I suppose these data are saved on shadov copie on the usb disk., Only when I've formatted the usb then no way to restore. My question is: if I restore the...