Changing Default Show As to Free

In the 2003 version of Outlook for the New Appointment calendar object, I was
able to change the default Show As status to Free instead of Busy.  Now in
the 2007 version, I can't seem to find where to change this at all.  I've
looked in Tools > Options as well as Customize.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Kelly

"Kelly" <Kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> In the 2003 version of Outlook for the New Appointment calendar object, I
> was
> able to change the default Show As status to Free instead of Busy.

No, you weren't.  That value has always defaulted to "Free" for any event
created in a view that does not use the time scale and to "Busy" for any view
that does use the time scale.  All Outlooks are identical in that regard.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

how do i change dates on my calendar and keep my pics
Publisher doesn't support this. You would need to do it manually. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bob T" <Bob T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68671977-F71B-444F-AE72-801D2B359FEE@microsoft.com... > ...

Tracking Changes #4
Hi All, Just wondered if anyone could help me. I was going through the Track changes exercise, which is great to produce a report of who has change what and when etc. However I then found out that if I was to change my username in Tools>Options>General, in excel that track changes goes to pot and tracks the new username, so in effect I could disguise myself as someone else and change areas of the spreadsheet without successfully being tracked! Can this be stopped without using network administration rights to stop people going in and changing the username? Many Thanks Amanda ...

pivot table grand totals not showing for all columns...
i have a pivot table that shows the grand total for some columns, but not for others... there are no differences in the data layout, yet this happens? any clues as to why? and how I can get the grand totals to show for all fields. thanx in the PivotTable floating toolbar, click PviotTable, then Table Options, select 'Grand totals for columns' option. ...

Changing my functions to use subtotals?
I have 2 functions that are calculating my data correctly, except now I need to consider the autofilter. I figure using subtotal is the way to go if I want to disregard filtered out rows. Also, I plan on moving my data to another sheet, so it will need to reference the current sheet, which is AAT_Raw_Data. Finally, the # of rows of data will vary, but I don't think it will ever be over 10,000. I'm using Excel 2003, so I think there's an issue with using something like "A:A" in my formulas. Can someone help me change these to add in a subtotal and take into...

Word always asks to save changes to the template
For my work we have made templates for different letters we have to send. Our application (VB6) calls those templates when we want to send a letter. Using the code we follow a few steps : - open word - open a new document using our template - save the document (.doc) on a server - sometimes print the document - sometimes immediately close the document (when we don't want users to modify the document afterwards) When they closed the document the users always get 2 questions : - save changes to template for the letter - save changes to normal.dot I already found a solution to avoid the q...

Appointment shows error
I send meeting reminder to my collegue, but they could not open the item. OLXP and 2003 users could open but OL 2000 users still have the error.Whats wrong- it is showing an error. I use ol xP with windowsXP. Is it their problem or with my OLXP. can u advise me? Microsoft offers a hotfix for Outlook 2000 to improve its compatibility = with iCal/vCal 2.0 meeting requests. See = http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D823199 . Alternatively, have = Outlook 2002/2003 senders avoid using reminders in the meeting requests = they send to Outlook 2000 recipients.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP...

Biggest worldwide free Entertainment multi language Video web , Travel, Sports, Health , Racing cars , Massages techniques, Games , Fashions, Jokes , Top models , Free online IT learning , 5000 l
Hi , I'd like to introduce you 2 biggest free Video multi language entertainment websites : http://www.vietnam4all.net/ http://www.webcool24.com/ Best regards. ...

unread email shows 3 envelopes
strangest thing....my unread/read emails shows three envelopes instead of one...I have the latest virus scan and checked for virus known found, checked for virus with mcafee online(free) nothing...have the latest office update and windows...I don't get any wierd errors or bsod. can anybody help appreciate it very much. >-----Original Message----- >strangest thing....my unread/read emails shows three >envelopes instead of one...I have the latest virus scan >and checked for virus known found, checked for virus with >mcafee online(free) nothing...have the latest offic...

Can I extend my free trial period?
My 30 days is up, but I'm not done testing. How can I get an extension for a week or so? Greg wrote: > My 30 days is up, but I'm not done testing. How can I get an > extension for a week or so? Tough s*it, Sherlock, you can't. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Greg <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > My 30 days is up, but I'm not done testing. How can I get an > extension for a week or so? If you order a second copy of the trial, you might be able to get an extra thirty days. But the activation software...

2 existing spreadsheets show 1st line rather than header row to sort ...
(XL2003) This is odd, I haven't seen this ever before. I was working on spreadsheets yesterday for a mail merge. Two had headers rows. I cleaned up both documents, put print area and then tried to sort. In both cases, what came up in the sort was the first row below the header where one always sees the actual titles of the header row when one selects the Header Row radio button under "My List Has" in the "Sort" box. I fiddled and fiddled a bit and managed to get one of the workbooks to display the sort properly by the header row titles - without figuring out what ...

Windows XP
I have a windows xp sp3 machine where there free space goes down to a fixed amount after a reset. Let me explain: I boot the machine (a 40GB HD divided in a 36GB and a 4GB partition), The 4GB partition shows only 600MB free, I run CHKDSK /F D: and it fixes the free space to 2 GB, I reset and it goes back to 600. The same situation is for the 36GB partition where it shows 4GB free but if I boot to the Recovery Console and run chkdsk c: /p it fixes the free space to 18GB but as soon as I reset the free space goes back to 4GB, so the same thing happens if chkdsk runs at boot. Win...

series name change
How can I change the name of "series" ? I added to the chart with straight line by highlight two numeric columns. I can create lines but the legend show series 3,4,5,6 !! Thanks Daniel On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Daniel <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How can I change the name of "series" ? > >I added to the chart with straight line by highlight two numeric columns. >I can create lines but the legend show series 3,4,5,6 !! Choose menu Chart.. Source Data.. Series, and there will be a box for series name. You can ...

F4 Repeat Default Restate
Currently to disable the F4 key we use the code Application.OnKey "{F4}", "" To set the default back for F4 should be Application.OnKey "{F4}" The problem with this is that before disabling the F4 key this is used for the "Repeat" the previous action. When we reset the default this does not get set back. Can anyone direct me on this. JJ ...

Changing a formula's result to text
I have a pretty simple worksheet that lists the date in column A. In column B, I have a formula that converts the date in Column A to the proper day of week. When I put it in a pivot table, it treats column B as an individual date, not the proper DOW. I attempted to copy/paste special/values into a new column, but it doesn't change it to the DOW, it leaves it as the date. I am trying to get Excel to permanently change the cells in column B to say "Tuesday" instead of 4/19/07. Does that make sense? All of the conventional answers don't seem to work for me. Any help? It...

Changed Server Numbers when Travel
I just had my outlook 2003AOL server numbers changed for no reason while travelling. Switched them back for my pop account and the would work, when shut down and then restart they would change from the correct to another set of numbers. Is there a way to stop these server numbers from changing while I travel. Thanks. What is a 'server number'? The IP address? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outl...

Change PST?
I installed a new Outlook (XP) and have my old backup PST file on a disk. I want the default data location to be of my choosing. I assume I copy that data where I want it but how do I import it? "bobnewman backup.pst.pst". I am totally confused, both by the lack of documentation (that I can find) and the backup file name. I hope someone can help. Bob I found it! Thanks anyway. Bob "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@att.net> wrote in message news:vD%7d.2900$TY2.272@lakeread04... > I installed a new Outlook (XP) and have my old backup PST file on a disk. I > want t...

I need to do a slide show on information technology careers
where is a good place where I can find pictures as well as information for a slide show You can find lots of photographs in the Clip Art section of http://office.microsoft.com -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "c hill" <c hill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:358D5DB0-5B91-447A-B0F3-F2C81203D091@microsoft.com... > where is a good place where I ca...

How do I change the elements displayed in the message list
How do I change the elements displayed in the message list. For example, to list "To" or "From" edit the view - to change just one folder, click on the row of field names and choose custom. To make all folders the same see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Change the mail Subject
When I choose to send my SOP Blank Invoice Form to a mail recipient (pdf), information is populating the subject line and body of my e-mail by default. Specifically the name of the report is populating the subject line. Is there a way to change this? I would rather see the Invoice number or customer name populating that field. Thank you Nancy, Out of the box, no. When you print a report to screen it loses all knowledge of what report it is (or where it came from). That's why when you then send to pdf the best the window can do is use the title of the output window as the s...

change range for multiple charts
Hi I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there a quicker way to do this? "Yossi evenzur" wrote: > Hi > I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by > chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there > a quicker way to do this? I've written a little Excel add-in that performs mass edits of series formulas: How to Edit Series Formulas http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/how-to-edit...

How to change the year?
I have a date column in my work sheet where I have enterred the year as 2005, but actually should be 2001. The cell format is date-month-year. My date range is B5:B55. How can I change the year on only for the dates in this range. Thanks. Victor Victor, The difference between a 2001 and a 2005 date is 1461. So do this: Put 1461 in a cell. Copy. Select B5:B55. Edit - Paste Special. Click "Values" and "Subtract." OK. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "la90292" <la90292@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:ebnzG62qFHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gb...

Hyperlinks show code when Composing
Something changed in my settings and now when I'm composing my e-mails, the destination address shows up in my text body instead of the hyper link that I created. How can I change it back? Example: I get {HYPERLINK "http://www.microsoft.com"} instead of my Hyperlink phrase being highlighted in blue & underlined: Click here to go to the Micorsoft website While composing go to the Tools menu > Options > View tab > Uncheck Field Codes. "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3810D6A-C8AB-4184-9BFF-DFBEC41D6326@micros...

Can't Use Outlook after changing Servers
Moved users from one server to another. Users map USER folder to U:\ drive, no chnage there. After move when trying to open Outlook it stops with an error that there is a security problem with the .pst file. There is none I can find. Tried deleting Outlook profile for user and installing a new one, came up with same pst file. tried adding a second pst file and get the same security violation, No other files have problems, WORD or Excel. ideas?? dave Admin ...

Inventory transaction batch marked to post to gl as default
This is an old request/thorn. The inventory transaction batches should default to post to the GL. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=da0b1810-f918-4ebd-a353-7...

i meet a problem that how can i free the object .
I am programming a OPC client to get data from OPC Server. i meet a problem that how can i free the object . Firstly i create connectionpoint, then i release connection. --------------------------------------------------------------- create program list: IConnectionPoint* pConnectionPoint; IUnknown* ppUnk = NULL ; hResult = pGRPCPC->FindConnectionPoint(IID_IOPCDataCallback,&pConnectionPoint); CDataCallbackSink* pDataCallbackSink=new CDataCallbackSink ; pDataCallbackSink->pDoc = m_pOPCDoc ; pDataCallbackSink->ExternalQueryInterface(&IID_IUnknown,(void**)&ppUnk); DW...