can't delete dupicate appointments, message object is not valid

I just instaled Office XP, on to Windows 7.

I then updated all of my contact details from my Windows PDA to outlook.
I now have duplicate entries for birthdays, aniversaries etc...........
The contacts that the birthdays, aniversaries belong to, have not been
created as contacts, when i try to recreate the contact details my system
tells me that they are all ready there but are not shown.

& when try to detect & repair the instal the same thing happens again.

Outlook 2002 and Windows 7? That is not supported and buggy - its hard to
say how much of the problems are because of that.

Can you see the birthdays if you switch to All appointments view?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"steve_martin2020" <stevemartin2020@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7375A2A3-2F8A-43BF-A3BC-120E52667A91@microsoft.com...
> I just instaled Office XP, on to Windows 7.
>
> I then updated all of my contact details from my Windows PDA to outlook.
> I now have duplicate entries for birthdays, aniversaries etc...........
> The contacts that the birthdays, aniversaries belong to, have not been
> created as contacts, when i try to recreate the contact details my system
> tells me that they are all ready there but are not shown.
>
> & when try to detect & repair the instal the same thing happens again.

0
Diane

OE Message Preview
On the split screen in Outlook Express I can read an incoming message by just selecting its line and viewing it on the lower half. Does this mean that a spammer now knows the message has been read? If so, how can I avoid this? Loran1 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > On the split screen in Outlook Express I can read an > incoming message by just selecting its line and viewing it > on the lower half. Does this mean that a spammer now knows > the message has been read? If so, how can I avoid this? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Cell Error Message
I am running Excel 2002 and keep getting a comment like deal in all cells that are not calculating to the end of the range. For example if I have data in Col. a.b.c.d.e.f but do not include Col. a, I get a comment type message that the formula did not calculate the entire range(which I do not want it to). I know that I can turn this off manually (in each and every cell effected)(about 50), however does anyone have an idea of how to turn it off completely, either my use of a VBA or Excel itself. Thanks Frank ...

auto reply
Can we sent this up in Outlook 98 or do we need to upgrade to a new version. I do not see an option to do this in outlook 98. Thanks You can only do this if you're connected to a Microsoft Exchange Server. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "karenr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:980601c3ea77$818b1750$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can we sent this up in Outlook 98 or do we need to upgrade > to a new version. I do no...

Creating an email message in Outlook 2007
What does Outlook use as the editor when creating an email message, looks very much like Word. Options no longer offers Word as an alternative. Hello, yes, Outlook 2007 uses Word to render and create messages- There is no possibility to change anymore. Roman Brehm "PE" <pitsofearth@msn.com> wrote in message news:%23imSovkXHHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What does Outlook use as the editor when creating an email message, looks > very much like Word. Options no longer offers Word as an alternative. > > > > It is word. If you have the office suit...

15 minute delay of messages arriving
I am using Outlook 2000 on a Win XP pro PC. After I compose and send a message to an external address, there is about a fifteen minute delay in the mail arriving to the address. Can anyone help with this? Eric <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2000 on a Win XP pro PC. After I > compose and send a message to an external address, there > is about a fifteen minute delay in the mail arriving to > the address. Can anyone help with this? What's wrong with 15 minutes? If you read the design documents for Internet mail, you'll see th...

visual basic has stopped working error message
I hope this is the discussion group for VB6. I have a vb6 project with crystal report 8.5. In the program once i click on RDC to open a report in design view I got this "Visual basic has stopped working" message comes up and I have to closed out visual basic. It always happens when I tried to open the report designer. I can run or compile the program fine without opening reports. My computer is vista home with SP2. Any suggestions? "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7F6B7C3-A847-43EF-A1C5-B300428EDC68@microsoft.com.....

delete autocomplete mail addresses
When I address a new email I place my cursor in the To line and type a few letters of the person's name. The autocomplete feature pops up a list of addresses, that I have used in the past, to select from. I want to delete some of these entries. My editor is Word and I have a Windows XP machine. I've gone into contacts and the addresses I want to delete do not exist in the contact list. I've gone into the Dictionary and edited that. These addresses were in the dictionary but I deleted them from there, restarted the pc and still they still pop up in the Autocomplete l...

How to recall and delete a particluar message..
Hello, I have Exchange 2003. Is there a way to recall an email and delete it from everyone's mailbox? I know there is the recall function in outlook however I have already tried this and it doesn't seem to recall messages that have already been opened. Is there a way through ESM maybe that can search for this email then I have the option to delete it. The message has gone to about 100 users. Thanks TKE402 On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 13:27:01 -0700, TKE402 <TKE402@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I have Exchange 2003. Is there a way to recall an email and de...

Deleting Multiple PST Files
I now have 3 sets of personal folders in Outlook 2002. I need to delete 2 of them so I can eliminate the confusion when saving files. How can I delete the additional personal files. I tried deleting Outlook and reinstalling but it automatically kept everything. Dear Brian, have a look on this site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011170471033.aspx may it helps. -- Oliver Vukovics Public OutLook: Share Outlook without Exchange Public SyncTool: Outlook PST Synchronization www.outlookstore.com Brian wrote: > I now have 3 sets of personal folders in Outlook 2002. I ...

Exchange 2000 Deleting Mailboxes
When a Exchange2000 mailbox is deleted with all messages still in it, are there any potential orphaning problems? I also want to know what happens to new messages sent to that account after it is has been deleted. I assume they get bounced back to the sender, but I want to make sure they don't get sent to the admin mailbox. Thank you, Wes So, you delete an account or you delete a mailbox? They are different things. If you delete one, the other is still there. If you delete an account, mailbox is orphaned but you can reconnect it before mailbox retention time expires. As for the new me...

Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem #4
Hi All, I am running Exchsrvr 5.5 SP4 with Post Sp4 fixes in installed. I have a user who sent an email to 4 recipients in the company and he got this error "Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem". None of the article in the knowledge base can help Anyone ever encountered this? Did any of them receive the message? Please post the complete NDR. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Vincez" <Vincez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFF49776-E253-4469-9561-140824BDBC05@microso...

Outlook 2010: Unable to open an internet link in a received message
Whenever I try to click a link appearing in an email I get a message saying someting like: "operation aborted due to limitations defined for this computer. Contact your systems manager (it's in Norwegian so I have to translate to the best of my ability. My OS is Windows7. I use Norton Internet security, latest edition. Can anyone tell me how to control this? Jan Erik, Oslo, Norway "Jan Erik" <jefrithj@online.no> skrev i meddelelsen news:1fit56d2ruccndr7pmneqrlm32qohghgnr@4ax.com... > Whenever I try to click a link appearing in an email I get a message > sa...

message to bounce between two Exchange 5.5 and 2003 servers
I have one recipient whose mail box is on an Exchange 5.5. Only this recipient from this server is not able to receive any emails sent from people on the Exchange 2003. The error code # 5.4.6 is generated which states: "A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients" Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Is there a way to align multiple marked objects (to a leftmost object)?
From other, similar tools I know that I can mark multiple objects (e.g. rectangle boxes) and hit a magic hotkey. All objects are then vertically left align according to the FIRST marked object. Or horizontally bottom aligned depending on the hotkey. Is there something similar in Visio? Cam On 14 Nov 2008 19:03:01 GMT, cpet_magnus@hotmail.com (Camille Petersen) wrote: >From other, similar tools I know that I can mark multiple objects (e.g. rectangle boxes) >and hit a magic hotkey. All objects are then vertically left align according to the FIRST marked object. > >Or horizontall...

Re: Writing a resume I'm not sure what I write in objectives #7
"GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:... > > "GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:... >> >> "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message >> news:eP#YfN65JHA.2656@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >>> GbH wrote: >>>> but neither is a resume!!!! >>> >>> So you're complaining about the lack of acute accents when people >>> refer to a r�sum� as a resume? Why not correct to the intended word >>> rather than a different one - pa...

Error 554 5.5.2 "No valid recipients"
One of our departments is using a web application that is trying to send email using Exchange 2003 as its SMTP server. The web application is NOT using a native SMTP engine so there is no relaying involved. When the application points to the Exchange server and tries to send an email to an external recipient, it returns error 554 5.5.2 "No valid recipients". Sending through the same web application to internal users is successful. We have tested the following: 1.) Sent email from Outlook client to the external recipient using the Exchange server - this works fine. 2.) Teln...

505 error message
Hi -Can anyone help me. I am a novice with an outlook problem. I try to send email but receive the following message. 550 User not local. Authentication required for relay Can anyone tell me what I must do to fix this. Thanks in advance. Shayne Go into the Properties of the email account (Tools > Email Accounts > Next), highlight the account and select Change > More Settings > Outgoing Server > Check the first box. "shayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1153501c44179$d76d4f90$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi -Can anyone help me. I...

Deleted emails are disappearing after send/receive on my IMAP acco
I am using Outlook 2007. I just set up my IMAP account with Go Daddy. My Inbox current view is set to IMAP messages and the purge is off when switching folders. The deleted messages stay in the inbox with a line through until the next send/receive and syncronized the subscribed folders and then they disappear automatically. I want to manually delete. Help I am afraid to delete now. racermom;114566 Wrote: > I am using Outlook 2007. I just set up my IMAP account with Go Daddy. > My > Inbox current view is set to IMAP messages and the purge is off when > switching ...

ERROR MESSAGE #69
i TRIED TO SET UP AN ACCOUNT(NOT KNOWING WHAT i WAS DOING) NOW NOT ONLY CANT i SEND MESSAGES-BUT i CANT DELETE WHAT i ENTERED TO TRY AGAIN. OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 Lose the Caps! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpres...

Way to delete all entries in Outlook Cal for a prior year?
Is there a way to delete all entries in Outlook Calendar for a prior time period? Use the All appointments view and sort by date- select the older items and delete. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.slipstick.com/s...

Bookmark is not valid
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Exchange 2003 on a clean Windows 2003 server. This has really become a pain. I have Exchange 2003 standard installed and configured. On the server side things seem to be OK as I have not seen any of the previous problems I tried to correct in the previous week. However, whenever I try to set up Outlook 2003 to connect to Exchange I get "The name could bot be resolved. The bookmark is not valid" as an error (God bless Microsoft for their descriptive error messages.) I have NO IDEA what this means and have had no success with any of the remedies I&#...

vertical message
received an email message that reads vertically. How to change the type to run horizontal? "christian g" <christian g @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D65FB421-4BF1-4E98-844D-B2FFE36F89B4@microsoft.com... > received an email message that reads vertically. How to change the type to > run horizontal? Why do you believe the sender's PC isn't the cause of this? Outlook should be displaying what you received. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

test message
This is a test to see what email is registered with my account. Thanks, ------=_NextPart_0001_5C4BECA8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning Nick, Sorry for the delay, but I have been asked to have you try creating another new test thread. Thank you in advance. Todd Berger Microsoft Online Support Engineer Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security ============================================= When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue. ===================...

Adding options to "Show Time As" in Calendar appointment
What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like "Sick" etc... I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally - how easy is this? Thanks J John wrote: > What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like > "Sick" etc... > > I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally > - how easy is this? > > Thanks > J I'm not an Outlook forms expert, but I think a custom form with some behind-the-scenes code will do what you need. However, it's g...

Mark saved messages as sent
I have a rule that moves a copy of messages I send through my work account to a work sent folder. But the messages show up there as unread. I'd like to have the messages saved as read, but the only way I can figure to do it is to manually right-click the folder, then select mark all messages as read. Is there a better way? Thanks. Marti ...