Can I change names of fields in calendar?

I am using a calendar like a project manager. I would like to change the
names of fields eg Location to Action to be done, Contacts to Action officer.
I have been able to change the column headings in Custome view, but this
doesn't change teh names of the fields on the calendar form. That is teh form
that appears when you make an appointment.

No, you can't change them.  You could use in-cell editing and create the
items in table view, where the column display names can be changed.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Blaise" <Blaise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using a calendar like a project manager. I would like to change the
> names of fields eg Location to Action to be done, Contacts to Action
> officer.
> I have been able to change the column headings in Custome view, but this
> doesn't change teh names of the fields on the calendar form. That is teh
> form
> that appears when you make an appointment.

0
Diane

How do you change the rows to columns and columns to rows.
Ok, I am stumped on how to do this? I have a spreadsheed that has Dates in the A column and Data in the row. I want to make is so, the data is in the A column and Dates ru accross in the 1 column. How can I do this? Sound easy, but I am stumped??? :eek -- cc4digita ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cc4digital's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39843 Highlight your data and copy it into the clipboard. Move to an open spot in the sprea...

OnChange event
Hi all, I want to let the end users change the color of the top and bottom dark blue (or navy) borders of the Account form using a drop down that lists the colors (red, yellow and blue) .So the OnChange event of the picklist should trigger the change of the top and bottom dark blue colors to which ever color is selected. However I dont know if this can be accomplished. I even dont know if a stylesheet is used for that purpose, which one refers to these areas of the form. Any help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance! ...

Changing mail file locations, correct method?
I've read instructions here for default location of Win Live Mail files and how to change folders and drives. But what is the right method to use when changing location of new incoming mail files...........and existing email files and subject folders. Should I just gang copy all of the existing folders from one disk to the other....before or after I change the location for new incoming mail? I sure don't want to mess up my email any more after a debacle when I upgraded to Win 7 from Vista! Help on method please................and thanks! If you wish to change the locati...

How to temporarily change REPLY TO address in specific messages only (like in Outlook)?
I can't find out how to do this in OE, though Outlook has the option to set a different REPLY TO address for a specific email, without having to change the information globally in the account information under TOOLS. Also, my email sniffer has an extra field labelled REPLY TO where I just type in the different address the few times I need to do that at any given moment> Does anyone know how to do this in OE, though? In OE, the only way is in Tools | Accounts........... -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "StargateFan&quo...

Entering info in one field brings up info in another field
I have a problem where after I created this form, I entered data in one field and for some reason, data in another field pops up automatically. The strange thing about it is the field that pops up comes from another table. So the two fields are unrelated. By the way, the field where the information pops up has a Dlookup command for another field in the form, that is also unrelated to the first field. To give you a better understanding of this I will give you an example. I have fields WorkDay, ClientID, and CompanyName. WorkDay is unrelated to the others. ClientID is related to Compan...

Filtering on text field
I am using an on Double Click event to filter based on the current value on that field. It works when I use it on a number field: Me.Filter = "[forMthYr]=" & Me![cbMthYr] Me.FilterOn = True but when I apply the same code (below) to a text field it does not work - I get parameter boxes popping up. Me.Filter = "[ITResource_LName]=" & Me![tbITResource_LName] Me.FilterOn = True Any help is appreciated. Zag -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200712/1 It works on a numeric field because there are no d...

Calculated fields in Pivot Tables
Is it possible to use an "if" formula when creating a calculated field? I have an existing field in my pivot table called commissions and I want to create a new field that will give me a 1 if for each row if commissions are over 4 and a 0 if they are under 4. Is this possible? What is the formula? It seems ok Try something like : =IF(Commissions>=4,1,0) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1132008509.143327.194520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to u...

Outlook: Can't open JPEG files
I have Outlook 2000 an unable to open JPEG files. What setting has to be changed to open these files? ...

Can I only allow printing to pdf in Excel?
I have created a template in Excel which has been set up so that the layout is perfect when printing to pdf (which is how the document will mostly be used) but the layout changes if printing direct to our printer. Is there a way that I can ONLY allow printing to pdf from this document? Hello You may consider using some VBA to achieve this. One way is to use the Workbook_BeforePrint event and specify the pdf printer in the PrintOut method, eg: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) ActiveSheet.PrintOut copies:=1, ActivePrinter:="CutePDF Writer on CPW2:" End Sub Pl...

why can't I get outlook to send when I'm emailing a webpage?
Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately opens with the email template but it is always missing the send button and there is no option under actions to send it either. What is going on? Thanks!!! If you tell us your Outlook version and Windows version, and exactly what you're doing to send the page, then you'll have a better chance of getting a response. The Internet Explorer version might also be helpful. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "reinadelmar" wrote: > Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately...

Unable to change password
Hi, We have some users in domain A, who now have exchange accounts in domain B. They will log on to domain A as usual, then when they open outlook it prompts them for a logon to domain B. Works fine. Problem is that we gave them all a standard PW for domain B so we could check their mail was working. We now want them to change their passwords for domain B, so we selected 'user must change PW at next logon' in the AD. Sure enough they are prompted to change password when they open outlook, but the password change is never accepted. Can anyone help? Andy Cox ...

Set field focus in a subroutine
In Access 2003 (Windows XP) I am passing the value of a field in a textbox on a form to a subroutine to validate that the date value is within a range. If the date is out of range I would like to set the focus of the field on the form and display an error message. When I pass in the field to the subroutine, I get a compile error "Invalid qualifier" when I try to set focus to the date field. How can I set the focus to the field within the subroutine. Here is the subrotuine code: Public Sub CheckDates(date1 As Date) If Not IsNull(date1) And date1 < [Forms]![frmMR...

Select Rows dependant on certain field data
How can I select certain rows in a spreadsheet based upon the text foun in one column? To explain: All rows have a column that contains tex "immediate" or "ongoing" or "closed". How can I select only the row that contain the word "immediate" in that column? When I say select a mean select as in ready to 'copy' or 'cut' tha data ready to be pasted elsewhere. I know what I mean :confused -- Madd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Maddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

Can CRM 4.0 professional run on Windows SBS 2003?
CRM 3.0 shipped in two flavours: CRM 3.0 for Small Business Server, and CRM 3.0 professional. Apparently, CRM 4.0 doesn't come in a "for Small Business Server". Instead, it ships as "professional" and "enterpriese" editions. Has anyone tried running CRM 4.0 on Windows Small Business Server 2003? Andy Hi, I'm running CRM 4.0 workgroup on SBS 2003 R2, didnt have any problems yet. As long as you have your ReportServices right during installation, you should be fine. Alex "Andy" wrote: > CRM 3.0 shipped in two flavours: CRM 3.0 for Smal...

Percent Change
I'm using the formula (A2-A1)/A1 to determine the % change between two cells. I have an instance where I need to subtract the value of two cells from the current cell before determining the % change. I've come up with several different ways to arrive at the actual changed value (e.g. A3-SUM(A1:A2) or SUM(A3-A2-A1) ) which return the correct value but when I try to arrive at the % change from the original amount by adding "/A1" to the formula I get an error. Am I way off? Tom, Could you post the end formula exactly as you typed it? It should work, based on what you'...

sort data without changing pattern
I have a worksheet where every other row has a 'pattern' in it to help make it easier to read across the spreadsheet. The problem I'm running into is as I add new rows at the bottom of the spreadsheet and then resort them into their correct place, the patterns go with the sort and now the patterns have to be redone again the get them back to every other row. Any suggestions? This will happen if your patterns are manually applied. It would be better to remove that manual shading and to apply background colours using conditional formatting, the condition being if th...

allow user to highlight field on form
I have a database which records info about disabled people. One form is used to input comments about the the person and has several memo fields. The user wants to be able to highlight a field if the information is important and needs to be highlighted to other users of the system. I cannot use conditional formatting because the decision to highlight the field is made by the user depending on different circumstances. Any help would be appreciated On Mon, 3 May 2010 16:52:01 -0700, aussiebob wrote: > I have a database which records info about disabled people. One form is used...

Security Name
Hello - I have another problem that I could use help on. I have several accounts with different brokerage houses that holds the same security but with slightly different names. When I go to Update those accounts, I get popups from Money asking if the name for the security is the same as another security with a similar name. I say OK. But when it gets to the next account I get the same popup to prompt me to put it back to the old name, which gets annoying. To solve this problem, I could use 2 different names for the same security but then my summaries would be based on 2 different ...

Shape names question
Hi there, I am currently trying to pimp a presentation with a couple of VBA scripts. I am for instance importing png graphics and try to access those through my scripts. After playing with the macro recorder I was able to find out the name of those shapes in order to set properties or whatever. Slide108.Shapes("Picture 42").Visible = msoFalse. Now my question: Is there for mainly readability reasons a way to change those names? I could'nt find yet where to change this, but I believe this must be somewhere possible. Thanks for any hint, I am using XP SP3 and Offic...

publication designs in publisher
i am trying to create a flyer in publisher. basically, i have about 7 or 8 different sheets, all with the same content, but i want to have a different publication design for each one, so i can show my boss variations. however, when i try to change the publication design on say, page 3, it changes it on page 1. i can't seem to have 7 or 8 different sheets, all with different publication designs. is this because it sees all these sheets as one publication rather than 7 or 8? any help would be much appreciated. thank you! Read the HELP file how to turn off the Synchronisation. -- ...

Where can I delete an old/incorrect email address?
I'm using Outlook 2003 So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book. Her email is SW@...... Later her email changes to SAW@...... I make the change in my contacts. But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why? How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever? (Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?) Thanks Gary use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn "jabadoodle" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

problems with toolbar-can't access certan commands i.e.hyperlink
can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. Help magnus wrote: > can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey > - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. The hyperlink option may only appear when you are creating a Web Publication in certain versions of Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Trial version? You may have run out of time. Some pulldowns only work when you are creating a ...

Outlook 2003
We're on Exchange 2003 and have started rolling out Outlook 2003 in place of Outlook 2000. In Outlook 2003 by default all folders come up grouped by day and with solid lines between the messages. Everyone hates these "features" and has made a point of telling me so. Yes, each individual folder can be changed back through the user interface but that's a non-solution for 100 users that have an average of 25 folders each plus the 50 or so public folders as well. Is there any way to change this default behavior in Outlook 2003 so that all folders come up without the solid lines...

Select Names Dialog Box
Could someone help with the following? I am using Access 2003 with outlook 2003 and all I need to do is open outlook and for it to display the Select Names Dialog Box ( it would be nice to open outlook if it was closed) no more than that. Hence I am now after the code to go in the click event of the button. Any examples of VBA code that will work within Access 2003 would be appreciated The Select Names dialog box is programmable starting from Outlook 2007. You can't display it in Outlook 2003. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb176400.aspx --JP On Feb 5, 3:52=...

Damn the accept/change downloaded transactions feature!!!
I recently upgraded from Money 2001 to Money 2004 and I HATE IT! My favorite feature of Money was the ability to download all my transactions electronically from my bank, and then decide how they would be categorized and entered into my account register. Now it's so much more complicated with this "Accept/Change" stuff!!! I realize this has been around since Money 2002, but I'm just experiencing this horror now. I HATE the way it just puts new transactions right into your register! And what the heck does "Accept" or "Change" mean anyway? Do they mean...