Can I change names of fields in calendar?

I am using a calendar like a project manager. I would like to change the
names of fields eg Location to Action to be done, Contacts to Action officer.
I have been able to change the column headings in Custome view, but this
doesn't change teh names of the fields on the calendar form. That is teh form
that appears when you make an appointment.

No, you can't change them.  You could use in-cell editing and create the
items in table view, where the column display names can be changed.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Blaise" <Blaise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using a calendar like a project manager. I would like to change the
> names of fields eg Location to Action to be done, Contacts to Action
> officer.
> I have been able to change the column headings in Custome view, but this
> doesn't change teh names of the fields on the calendar form. That is teh
> form
> that appears when you make an appointment.

0
Diane

Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 to build Windows Phone OS Image??
Hi, Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone OS Image?? If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? Since the Windows Phone 7 core is Windoes CE 6.0.I am curious to know whether Windows Phone 7 OS Image can be built using Platform builder. TIA, Nithin On 29 June, 10:29, Nithin <nithin.papd...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone > OS Image?? > > If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? > > Since the Win...

Display Field Name as Text Listing if Value True from Checkbox Fields
Hi everyone! I have 40 or so columns in a table using the yes/no data type. Each record in the table represents an audit of a paper form. Those items filled incorrectly or incompletely on the paper form receive a check on an access form during the audit process. I would like to create a feedback form based on the audit record that displays a listing of fields that received the check boxes, or rather, were incomplete or incorrect on paper form that was audited. On the feedback form, I only want to display something like this: "Your form had the following errors: ErrorFieldOneName Erro...

link custom field to resource names
hello, i have created a custom field "Primary contact" is there a way to link it to the list of Resource names? maybe turn it into a drop down list? thanks "greg" <greg@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23hSQ6HJsEHA.3396@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hello, > i have created a custom field "Primary contact" > is there a way to link it to the list of Resource names? > maybe turn it into a drop down list? > > thanks > > ...

Auto moving of qty from SOP Back Order field
Hi Folks If I have a qty in the Back Order field in SOP and I then do a PO receipt where I receive in enough stock to cover that Back Ordered qty, I would like the system to act on the details from the POP BACK-ORDERED ITEMS RECEIVED REPORT and automatically move the qty from being on Back Order so that I can allocate and fulfill the necessary quantities. I do not want to use the SOP/POP link functionality as that is just too complex for my client's requirements. Does anyone know of a way to do this please? Many thankx Sheila Sheila, You can run the Sales Automatic Order Alloc...

i can change the font on the screen to be large but can't print t.
i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Maybe in the Page Setup you have this setting "fit to1 by 1 page" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tj" <tj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:244325C6-A407-4CD8-BE76-75AB3C93A78A@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the > font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

can I add a link in Publisher to display, "join our email list"?
I am creating a fairly simply website and need to add a button for visitors to join our email list. Is this possible in Publisher? Please post your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of your site and as much detail as possible. DavidF "mfreecox" <mfreecox@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Can't connect with MSN Messenger on Mac OS X
I have a G5 with the latest version of OS X. I installed Office for OSX and every app works fine. Machine is connected to the Internet and browsing and email are flawless. When I run Messenger and try to sign in it immediately returns with an error saying that it can't connet since either MSN service is down or machine is not connected to the Internet. I checked my Passport login and it works perfectly from the MSN site. Any idea about what's going on? Thanks, -Vlad Vlad Vinogradsky <vvinogra@speakeasy.net> wrote: Hi Vlad, > I have a G5 with the latest version ...

Add the same field twice to a pivot table but filter one of them?
In my datasheet, I have a "cost" column and a "date" column so each cost has an associated date. In my pivot table, I've added the "cost" as a field, which shows the total and this is fine. However, I'd like to add the "cost" as a field again and this time selecting which dates to include in the cost number so that I have two cost fields side by side. Is something like this possible? Hi That is not possible in the same PT. You will need to set up a second PT based upon the same data set as the first but do NOT use the same Pivot Cache to save ...

how can I move the e-mail accounts from outlook 2002 to an other computer
how can I move the e-mail accunts from outlook 2002 to an other computer same program?? ...

MX name resolution in Exchange.
I have an issue with contacts for external email accounts and distro groups. 99% of the time when I send an email to a contact at particular domain (my issue only occurs for that domain) the email is sent to my postfix gateway as u...@smtp.domain.com and the connection is made and the email is sent on its way. However if I put that same exact contact in a distro and send an email to the distro the email is formated to be sent to u...@smtpx.domain.com and these emails get stuck in the postfix queue on my gateway. As I mentioned above the 99% of the time leaves 1% of the time when individual em...

Database Field Sizes.
I have two small problems, firstly Can the Matrix Description field size be increased to 40/60 chars at present too small. or is there a bigger field i can use eg the extended description field size increased. We need a way that when a saleperson inputs a sale order at the POS and the item needs to be special order the following information is automatically passed to the purchased order for the supplier. 1, supplier Ref number for item. 2, Supplier Colour (four suppliers have 56 colours each) 3, Size of Dress etc 4, delivery date required 5, Order confirmation date and number from suppli...

2003 calendar free/busy times
New to 2003 so please bear with me - in 5.5 you had to replicate from site to site the free busy time so someone in another site when sending a meeting notice could check to see if the time was available. I can't seem to find out how this is done in 2003 - how do you publish from one administrative groups servers to another the calendar info? TIA Nancy Stevens NStevens@tycoint.com in the ESM, go to your AG, then "Folders", then "Public Folders"...right-click, and select "View System Folders"...under "Schedule+ Free Busy", select the appropr...

Change QuickFind to search contains
Hello, Is there a way to change the QuickFind to use the contains operator rather than begins with? Custom dev or third party recommendations are fine. Thanks. simply put a wildcard * in front of your search term in the query box and it will match the defined search fields for that entitiy type on a 'like" (contains) basis. ...

can comment indicator color be changed?
Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see the indicator. Can the color be changed and if so how please. Thanks Karl AFAIK, no, you can't change this. Maybe you can change your CF color. Bright yellow? On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:27:02 -0700, "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells >that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see >the indic...

Noob Question For Selecting Multiple Fields On A Form
Hello... In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and click Edit -> Select All to select all fields on the form. Now, my question is... where in 2007 did the put that functionality? If Microsoft removed it from there... where did they recreate it? Thanks! Squirrel "SQLSQUIRREL" <SQLSQUIRREL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:333547A1-9C6A-422B-9CD5-97D79D6037DF@microsoft.com... > Hello... > > In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and > click Edit -> Select All to se...

Counting of Names ?
I have some names in some cells like " Abraham" " Sathish " etc . I want the number of occurances of each name Counted ,within a range of cells and made known at a perticulat cell Like Name No of Times Abraham 110 Sathish 20 Regards Vijay Hi Vijay! Put the unique names in a column and use (eg) =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$25,D1) If you want a fast way of extracting the list of names see: Chip Pearson http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingUnique -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (...

Can I get my Dialog's background color already? :) Just can't figure it out
I'm trying to get the background color for the basic Dialog created using the Wizard GetSysColor(COLOR_WINDOW) isn't working (returns some other color) GetBkColor() for the DC isn't working (returns white) Where can I trap that? The dc->GetBkColor in OnPaint returns a white color I finally did GetSysColor(COLOR_3DFACE) because I noticed they are the same, but that's not really what I want Thank you. "Yasoo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9FF1E6B-C815-41B0-92FA-846EDC82FBAE@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get the ba...

can't send Entourage mail
5/4 List members: Today when I tried to send several messages using Entourage I received the error message "This message does not conform to RFC2822 Standard". The messages are still sitting in the Outgoing box. This has never happened to me before. I'd appreciate any insights into why this might be happening. I've verified the Microsoft Office 2004 database - no change. I'm working on a MacPro Intel Mac. Thank you in advance for any help. Sincerely, Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: It means the system does not like the Header of the message. Chances are, ...

How can I go to a specific page number in a large document
How do I go to a specific page number in a large word document. Read the replies to your earlier identical post -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "yisaajao" <yisaajao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFC4289D-FC93-4C1B-951B-DB08CED833...

can't associate .pps with email attachment vista
-- marianne dagher You need to make the explanation / question a little clearer and please don't just use the subject area, the big message area just down a bit is easier to read!. "mariane" <mariane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB4464FA-51BA-473C-9E5A-9013262D9EC0@microsoft.com... > > -- > marianne dagher > > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus > signature database 4849 (20100208) __________ > > The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. > > http://www.eset.com ...

How can I convert my Archive Folder from its OL2002 style to the new OL2003 style?
Dear friends: The size of my Archive Folder is approaching 2 GB. How can I convert my Archive Folder from its OL2002 style to the new OL2003 style? I understand that the OL2003 style doesn't have the 2 GB limitation. I use Outlook 2003. Any hint? Thanks Juan I. Cahis Santiago de Chile (South America) Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it! In news:1kp8j1le66sp3j25022kl7pktvbj63hnrp@4ax.com, Juan I. Cahis <jiclbch@SINBASURAattglobal.net> typed: > Dear friends: > > The size of my Archive Folder is approaching 2 GB. > > How can I conv...

mySQL datetime field reports as Long Integer with ODBC
I'm using Access 2003 as a reporting tool against a mySQL database, connecting with the mySQL ODBC driver 3.51.17. The ODBC driver reports every datetime field as a Long Integer in Access. This makes date operations problematic. I notice an interesting post in this forum from 2005 that would work fine ("Convert UNIX time to windows general date"), but using a function with every row seems like an unnecessary performance hit. Also, it seems counter-intuitive that the driver doesn't recognize the correct field type. The problem looks suspiciously like the mySQL bug rep...

map data (x-y axis) with diffent series name
I have a set of x-y coordinate data set and i would like to plot them showing the respective series name. Is there an automatic way of doing this without haing to plot the data points separately. eg Name x y A 1 6 B 2 3 C 3 4 D 4 2 E 5 5 .. . . .. . . .. . . I will like to have a plot of x and y with A, B, C as series name without having to plot the points one after the other. Hi, Here are a couple of free addins that allow you to link data labels to cells. Rob Bovey's Char...

The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest
The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest Actually it is only a web based interface to the microsoft public newsgroups. Dessi Purnama Putra wrote: > The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest Wow, you almost finished a sentence. "Dessi Purnama Putra" <Dessi Purnama Putra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17EFCDB1-9675-4413-BC27-6EC94D840DC6@microsoft.com... : The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest ...

How to remove contacts when email changes
Outlook 2003 If I receive an email from a sender not on my list, that sender's email address is not automatically added to my contacts but will appear on the automated list when I enter the first letter of the sender's email address. If that sender changes email address I cannot delete the old email address. Instead I am left with two email addresses for that sender both of which will appear on the automated list. How can I remove the old email address? You seem to be confused. Receiving an email does not add an address anywhere in Outlook. Sending an email might, a...