Anyway to import All calendar events for multiple users

I have a pointy-haired guy asking me to bring everyone's calendar into
a database.

I'm a developer, but from the googling I have done it looks like
everyone can only touch/export their own data.  These users wouldn't
be adept at that.

Is it possible to import many users calendars all at once into a
relational database?
0
Jim

import to where?  what version of Outlook?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Jim asked:

| I have a pointy-haired guy asking me to bring everyone's calendar into
| a database.
|
| I'm a developer, but from the googling I have done it looks like
| everyone can only touch/export their own data.  These users wouldn't
| be adept at that.
|
| Is it possible to import many users calendars all at once into a
| relational database?

0
Milly
12/11/2009 5:55:25 AM
And for what reason? What result does the pointy want?  There may be a more
simple way if you care to explain the goal.

--

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

www.judygleeson.com
www.deskdoctors.com

Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing
Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website.
"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever> wrote in message
> import to where?  what version of Outlook?
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
> ALWAYS post your Outlook version.
> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> After furious head scratching, Jim asked:
>
> | I have a pointy-haired guy asking me to bring everyone's calendar into
> | a database.
> |
> | I'm a developer, but from the googling I have done it looks like
> | everyone can only touch/export their own data.  These users wouldn't
> | be adept at that.
> |
> | Is it possible to import many users calendars all at once into a
> | relational database?

0
Judy

User Form Display Question
My problem is that the User Form is to big to fit on the Screen. It works good on 1 Computer, but when I use A computer with a smaller Screen it becomes way to big. When that happens 30% of the Form is cut off. Is there a code that I can run on UserForm_Initialize that will size it for the Screen. It would be nice if it would size according to the Display settings. I found this code here in the forumn but I can't get it to work. Sub size_form_and_controls() Dim start_height As Long Dim start_width As Long Dim new_height As Long Dim new_width As Long Dim height_ratio...

Multiple Termination Records
Suggestion: Add the function to track multiple terminations. When working with companies that hire students they have the need to track multiple terminations on the employees. They would like the same functionality as the Review - one active and multiple records in history. I agree, and have also submitted a request for additional date fields and reasons(Canadian Payroll) for terminations, leaves, return to work, etc. "NS_Dynamics GP" wrote: > Suggestion: Add the function to track multiple terminations. > When working with companies that hire students the...

Message Recall will not process recalls automatically from users mailbox
I just ran into a strange issue with Outlook's Message Recall system. It would appear that message recall is controlled by Outlook not Exchange. I had a situation where an executive replied to all on a message and needed to recall that message. It seems that it recalled the message for some Exchange users but not all. And, the ones it didn't recall, they were still able to read the message as long as they opened it first before they open the recall message which caused the recall to fail and the users were able to see the message. Is there anyway to set up message reca...

Exchange Server Event Errors
I need help troubleshooting a couple event errors with our 2000 Exhange server. Schannel (ID 36871), SMTPSVC (ID 418), and Service Control Manager (ID 7031): these errors have been happening pretty often, and we have to keep restarting the service. What can we do to correct these errors? The first can be normal if you installed an SSL cert from an external source (like Verisign). The last error is just re-interation fo the SMTP problem. For the SMTP error (418) does this resource help? http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=418&eventno=1085&source=smtpsvc&phase=1 "reyr...

saving multiple sheets as a web page
Hi, I can save multiple sheets ok, by going - File, save as web page, then entire workbook. The problem I'm having is extra rows and colums on each sheet have been converted into html - which make the size of each html sheet quite large. Is there a property or format I can change, that would tell excel not to convert the empty extra rows or colums for each sheet. Cheers, Maryann ...

DELETE multiple contact folders
Hi, Searching this group, I see many posts asking how users can implement multiple contact folders ("address books"). My problem is the reverse: I don't know why, but on the pulldown menu under "Outlook Address Book," I have TWO folders labeled "Contacts." I think this resulted from an earlier attempt to export my old list from a different computer. In any event, what a pain trying to manage them. I never know from which folder my auto-complete entries are being drawn, so when I update a contact I have to do it in both folders. But I haven't yet fou...

Is there a script that will move a new user into a contact public folder
One of my clients is moving to a hosted exchange that will have over 200 people on it. There are going to be approx 40 offices with 2- 5 people in each office. They want to create a public folder system that is named for each specific office. Within each folder will have a contact and calendar folder. My customer would like to know: 1. Does this make sense or is there a better solution 2. Since there will be a lot of updating due to employee turnover is there something out there that will help with all of the changes? i.e. if an employee quits, automatically remove that user...

Receiving Calendar Appointments from ISP
Hey all, Wondering if someone can help me here: I use Outlook 2000 at work and I have Outlook XP at home - my ISP is Blueyonder Broadband, whose mail platform is Exchange. Basically, I want to send Appointments, from my work Outlook system to my home system. I try to do this by including my personal e-mail address as an attendee to a new Appointment - as expected, an e-mail pops off to my personal e-mail account. However, when I recieve this e-mail at home, the invite to the appointment is simply text - Outlook does not attempt to interpret the invite and add it to my personal Calendar. ...

Strong Password Impact on OWA Users
Hello, We will be implementing strong password policy in our domain per Microsoft's recommendation for strong passwords. I know that after we implement strong password policy, users will be prompted to change their passwords when they log into the domain. My question is, what about OWA users who log in from the outside to check their e-mails? Will they be prompted to change their passwords as well? What exactly will happen to them? Thanks for any feedback. Ken Implement password change feature through OWA and have them make the change prior to implementation of the policy. N...

Who writes this crap anyway?
I want to know if any of the developers use this program to manage anything more than their allowance? Microsoft should use Money 2005 for all of their accounting at Microsoft! I'm sure they would then ask for a refund too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >-----Original Message----- >I want to know if any of the developers use this program to manage anything >more than their allowance? > > >. > I think I'll hold off on buying Money 2005 until there a service pack and a fix to the online issues. It's only been out a few weeks, but it looks like the beta testin...

How do I print a one page spreadsheet multiple time, each with i.
How do I print a one page spreadsheet multiple time, each with its own page number You might want to try this. I used the preview feature. You can use print. There are may be techniques to setup one print call with new page numbers. Option Explicit Public Sub Printsheet() Dim Counter As Integer For Counter = 1 To 5 Call PrintSetup(Counter) ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview Next Counter End Sub Sub PrintSetup(PageNumber As Integer) With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintTitleRows = "" .PrintTitleColumns = "&...

change event
I have put a change event on a field in the Contact chapter. I can not see any result of this change event (it is an alert). Does the change event work for Contact, or does it work only on specific fields? Thanx in advance. Hi: AFAIK the OnChange event only fires from a picklist... John. "Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bb4001c437f1$79f9b330$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have put a change event on a field in the Contact > chapter. I can not see any result of this change event (it > is an alert). Does the change event work for Contac...

Administrator vs User
When I installed Windows on this new hard drive, I never set up a user account - just administator - and used no passwords. That is the way it is on other two hard drives. For 3 days, until I updated Windows, I never had to log in. Now after updates I have only one choice to log in - that is as "Ron Patterson" In Control Panel / User Accounts there are three icons: Ron Patterson, Computer Administrator Guest - "Guest account is off" Asp Net Machine - Limited Account When I boot up I have to log in as user - Ron Patterson. But when I try to...

Multiple Active Word applications of the same document
Can I have multiple instances of the same word document opened by multiple people to work on at the same time? No. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Qwerty" <Qwerty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:000F154B-FCDA-4DD2-94BD-82C28A801CE2@microsoft.com... > Can I have multiple instances of the same word document opened by multiple > people to work on at the same time? > ...

Email rejection from earthlink.net users
We have resently changed from Exchange 5.5 in an NT 4.0 enviroment to Exchange 2003 with Server 2003. We are getting a email rejection when users send email to earthlink.net users. Message follows: 'finster764@earthlink.net' on 4/7/2004 2:00 PM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <hera01.dewittstern.com #5.5.0 smtp;550- EarthLink does not recognize your computer (63.239.42.66) as connecting from an EarthLink connection. If this is in error, please contact technical s...

Calendar making me crazy
Using the wizard in Pub 2003, I created the first month of my calendar. There were significant changes, so I saved it as a template. I then closed the file and retrieved the template. Then, I changed the date range to add a few more months. The first month still looks good, but the new months revert back to the original publisher design. Any ideas how I can add months and maintain my new design? Create a new publication, make note of the color scheme of the calendar template. Copy/paste your edited calendar page to the new publication, apply the color scheme. Add 11 pages,copy/paste yo...

Import to Campaign Responses
I have an Excel file of 250 records (47K size file) that I have saved both as a txt and a csv file to import into my Campaign Responses (CRM 3.0). Each time I have tried, it's failed with the error message for each record of "data in the row did not match the import type". The last time I received this error, I removed all punctuation and it worked. It didn't work this time and I can't figure out what is causing this. Any ideas? Thanks! Tina I have figured out what the problem was and thought I would share it. My system setting date format was DD/MM/YYYY and...

Show USERS assigned or shared with an Account?
Is their a way to show all users that are assigned or shared with an account. I need to know the users that are assigned not the contacts! ...

windows user deleted, now we cannot acces user crm data
we have deleted a windows account a a salesman, an now we cannot access his crm data. creating a user with the same name did not solved the problem (i think it is the UID...) What can we do? Hi Thomas You can reassign the users records to another user in CRM. Follow these steps: (note- you should use a user with the Systems Administrator role to do this, and the user must have either the Suite License on both Sales AND Service professional licenses.) 1. Go to Settings>Business Units>Users 2. Select and open the user who's account was deleted. 3. On the opened user record...

Imported Appointments not shown in calendar!
I just migrated data out of my Act installation into MS CRM an all works fine - except that the migrated appointments are not shown in the calendar of workplace area. Has anybody an idea, how I could get these appointments into the calendar?? Tanks and regards Fredy ---------------------------- CRM 1.2 on Windows 2003 Server (German) Exchange 2000 and AD on Windows 2000 Server (German) SFO on XP with SP2 (German) This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02ED_01C4AE4B.D1C18F40 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_02EE_01C4AE4B.D1...

order form with multiple items and sizes for items
I need a form that has columns for different types of clothing with each article having columns for sizes. Thanks If you describe the layout of your worksheet, and the problem you're having, someone may be able to help. There's a sample order form here that may help you get started: http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html And information on the INDEX/MATCH functions: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html Bernard56 wrote: > I need a form that has columns for different types of clothing with each > article having columns for sizes. > Thanks -- D...

Changing Manager for a User
In the User Guide for version 1.2 it says on page 15: ============================================================================ If you add users according to the managers they report to, it will be easy to move them from one group to another by simply changing the name of the manager they report to. Changing the manager's name on a user profile disassociates the relationship with the current manager, creates an association with the new manager, and automatically moves the user into the new manager's business unit. =====================================================================...

Help! How to add online icon in outlook for my ERP users?
Our ERP software is intergraded with Outlook, now, we need to show an icon before the outlook contact's name in the mail or in the contacts window if the contact is our ERP's user. Anybody know how to do this? Are there any interface outlook provided for us ? Thanks in advance! ...

Anyway to get settings back..?
I lost the ability to get into my Windows 2000 Server system, almost 2 weeks ago, and the ONLY way I can actually access my files, is by booting under "command prompt" in safe mode. I tried everything I can think, to bring back the GUI interface, but I wasn't able to access my regular desktop, and any of its graphical components (the icons, the task bar, the quick launch, nothing). During my desperation to eliminate a "spy ware" I got from the web, I apparently deleted some "key files" that were responsible to display the desktop, with all the regular settings...

how to create monthly calendar
when creating a monthly calendar the monthly icons do not appear at the botom of the screen - why Are you asking about the page tabs? What version Publisher? Generally: View, status bar. Post back if you are using 2007. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "whiskers" <whiskers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2FC3818-9D75-4E1B-9589-E9BBD46B252C@microsoft.com... > when creating a monthly calendar the monthly icons do not appear at the botom > of the screen - why Monthly icons? ...