Will ON 2010 beta expire?

I would like to ask two questions:

1. After the 30 day trial period, what will happen? Will we be not allowed
to make any entry anymore and convert back to 2007?

2. Is it possible to convert 2010 beta to 2010 TP version? I used the TP
version and converted them to beta version. Can I now convert back to the TP
version?

0
minimus
11/29/2009 9:25:57 PM
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The current beta version expires on October 31, 2010.  At that point it
won't function anymore.  If you haven't converted your notebooks to Office
2010 version then you'll be able to reinstall OneNote 2007 and use it if you
like.  Or you could purchase OneNote 2010 and use that.

I don't recall specifically but I suspect the Tech Preview version expires
too.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"minimus" <minimus@live.co.uk> wrote in message
> I would like to ask two questions:
>
> 1. After the 30 day trial period, what will happen? Will we be not allowed
> to make any entry anymore and convert back to 2007?
>
> 2. Is it possible to convert 2010 beta to 2010 TP version? I used the TP
> version and converted them to beta version. Can I now convert back to the
> TP version?

0
Ben
11/30/2009 5:32:36 AM
"Ben M. Schorr, MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message
> The current beta version expires on October 31, 2010.  At that point it

Questions:

1. If it expires almost next year, why then "30 day trial period"?

2. Also, why MS allows us to use the product for a such long period of time?

0
minimus
11/30/2009 10:31:20 AM
minimus wrote:
> "Ben M. Schorr, wrote:

>> The current beta version expires on October 31, 2010.  At that point
>> it
>
> Questions:
> 1. If it expires almost next year, why then "30 day trial period"?

It seems to be the same with the "TP"
AFAICS that's just a wrong expression.

> 2. Also, why MS allows us to use the product for a such long period
> of time?

Why not?
It will take quite some time until the "Final" will be ready.

Rainald

0
Rainald
11/30/2009 5:20:27 PM
Sorry, I don't know what "30 day trial period" you're referring to.  In the
Software License Terms for the Beta it says:

Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:

> "Ben M. Schorr, MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message
>> The current beta version expires on October 31, 2010.  At that point it
>
> Questions:
>
> 1. If it expires almost next year, why then "30 day trial period"?
>
> 2. Also, why MS allows us to use the product for a such long period of
> time?

0
Ben
11/30/2009 6:14:18 PM
Sorry, I don't know what "30 day trial period" you're talking about.  In the
software license terms for the beta it says:

"5.	TIME-SENSITIVE SOFTWARE. The software will stop running on 31/10/2010.
You will not receive any other notice. You may not be able to access data
used with the software when it stops running."

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"minimus" <minimus@live.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Ben M. Schorr, MVP" <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote in message
>> The current beta version expires on October 31, 2010.  At that point it
>
> Questions:
>
> 1. If it expires almost next year, why then "30 day trial period"?
>
> 2. Also, why MS allows us to use the product for a such long period of
> time?

0
Ben
11/30/2009 6:16:36 PM
"Rainald Taesler" <taesler@gmx.de> wrote in message
> minimus wrote:

> Why not?
> It will take quite some time until the "Final" will be ready.

Well we are just using the product for free for almost a year. That is
generous. And there should be a reason for this generosity.

0
minimus
11/30/2009 7:12:54 PM
minimus wrote:
> "Rainald Taesler" wrote:
>> minimus wrote:
>
>> Why not?
>> It will take quite some time until the "Final" will be ready.
>
> Well we are just using the product for free for almost a year. That is
> generous. And there should be a reason for this generosity.

a) Just to give people enough time for checking and decision making
(which in some companies my take quite some time);

n) to keep folks from whining "I can not use my notebooks anymore" ;-)

Apart from that: MS issues serious warnings to use Beta-software for
"productive" purposes. It's bit meant for "free usage", just for
testing.

Rainald

0
Rainald
11/30/2009 8:10:36 PM
> minimus wrote:
>> "Rainald Taesler" wrote:
>>> minimus wrote:
>>
>>> Why not?
>>> It will take quite some time until the "Final" will be ready.
>>
>> Well we are just using the product for free for almost a year. That is
>> generous. And there should be a reason for this generosity.
>
> a) Just to give people enough time for checking and decision making
> (which in some companies my take quite some time);
>
> n) to keep folks from whining "I can not use my notebooks anymore" ;-)
>
> Apart from that: MS issues serious warnings to use Beta-software for
> "productive" purposes. It's bit meant for "free usage", just for
> testing.
>
> Rainald

Thanx Rainald.

0
minimus

created encryped.docx in Word 2007, edited in 2010, now cannot open in 2007
I created a Word doc using Word 2007. I then encypte it. Then I edited it several times using Word 2010 beta and now that I'm back to using Word 2007 I cannot open it. Can you help? Try saving it in Word 2010 without encryption, then, if you can open that in 2007, re-encrypt it there. -- Enjoy, Tony www.WordArticles.com "techfrogger" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:%23B4Og3c0KHA.6108@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I created a Word doc using Word 2007. I then encypte it. Then I edited it >several times using Word 2010 beta and now that I'...

Ex 2007 beta 2 transport rule question
Hello all Been testing out Exchange 2007 features, and i have run across a wierd transport rules issue. What i did was create a transport rule so that any email that was sent with a specific message clasification could only be sent internally. What is happening instead is any email that is sent outside the Exchagne 2007 org is getting kicked back, and in the NDR it is saying that the email was kicked back back because it was sent with the message clasification that i configured in the transport rule. The way i understand this to work is if i send an email out of the Exchagne 2007 org...

money 2006 standard expiring 9/1/08 how upgrade
How do you upgrade to a new version? When I click on the link to upgrade it does nothing. What version am I looking for? All I want to do is categorize my transactions, do the online update from the bank, and I manually enter my investment transactions. I am having trouble even finding money locally to purchase. Is this product being discontinued? In microsoft.public.money, pk wrote: Assuming you are in the US... >How do you upgrade to a new version? When I click on the link to upgrade it >does nothing. What version am I looking for? Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe via onlin...

Conditional format will not work without $ (removed to allow copyi
Hi, I have conditional formatting set-up where a range of cells will change colour based on values in another couple of cells. The rule was along the lines of: Cell Value Is between =$D$134 and $E$134 This worked fine however in order to allow me to copy the rule to other rows I removed the '$' signs (based on a recommendation in another post). Unfortunately after copying the formula now no longer works. The rule is now: Cell Value Is between =D134 and E134 Can anyone help by explaining what the '$' does and how I might be able to fix this as I need to ...

Purchase Orders transfer to Quickbooks Help will even Pay for expe
Ok any help would be appreciated. I am even willing to pay if I can find a parnter or Add On company that is highly recommended. Brief History I have used Quicksell then upgraded to RMS a year ago now I am trying to intergrate Quickbooks with RMS. I am an accountant and retail store owner. My knowledgable RMS partner left and I have been trying to muddle on my own. I have even downloaded a trail version of DRS Power OPs. I have finally been successful at exporting my closed batches to Quickbooks. Now I need to export my Purchased Orders. I know there is a problem about only allow...

IE8 will not come up, only get error
I am using windows XP 64x. When I access my IE8 32 bit it will start to load the home page and immediatly show an error that it needs to close. It started acting odd, page change but still old address and slow, and then the fail to load. Also, I am getting a Google Installer error that says it needs to shut down. This will come up several times. IE 8 64x works fine. I ran a Malwarebytes and Adware program, and 2 different virus checks Any suggestion on repair or reload? I am not very good with computer terms , so any easy to understand help would be greatly appreciated...

Font will not function correctly

"Delayed Send" Option Will Not Send From The Outbox
I have problem after installing the critical Office update from mid-December (Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 11.6359.6360 SP1). Clicking "Send" on a message will move it to the "Outbox" but not italicize the message header as happens whenever a message is truly ready to send. Thus the "send engine" doesn't think there is anything to send. Reopening the message in the "Outbox" folder gives the status, "This message has not been sent." Reclicking "Send" just returns it to the folder, again unitalicized. The work-around is to ...

Black text won't print BOLD but color text will print BOLD
Hello. I am really frustrated right now - I use Publisher the most and in all Microsoft Office applications, of course, including Publisher, when I highlight a short line of black text and BOLD it - it appears BOLD on the computer screen, however when I print it, the text which should print bold will print regular without bolding. The thing I can't comprehend is that if I change the very same block of text to another color other than black, and it is bolded - it does print out perfectly in BOLD. The problem then is obviously when using black ink only. My Yahoo and AOL emails will...

What will be my effective annualised return?
I am planning to pay a regular monthly contribution into an investment plan of say �100 per month - this is possibly going to run for 5 years. However the plan allows me to vary my contributions, pay additional singles or take contribution holidays at any time. Example contributions: 1/01/04 - �100 1/02/04 - �100 1/03/04 - �100 1/04/04 - �NIL 1/05/04 - �NIL 1/06/04 - �100 + �200 single 1/07/04 - �100 1/08/04 - �150 1/09/04 - �150 1/10/04 - �100 1/11/04 - �100 1/12/04 - �100 The total therefore paid in - over this 12 month period is �1,300 and I have been advised that the total value on the ...

are there any money betas out there? #2
are there any money betas out there? ...

Exchange 2003 will not backup.
We recently encountered a problem with exchange when Symantec quarantined e00.log causing exchange to go down. I was able to recover the log file and everything came back up, and all seems to be working fine. However we are experience a backup problem. We are currently using the built in Microsoft Backup, and it is set to backup the exchange file store weekly. If you try to back it up manually or let it follow the schedule it fails and lists the following in the log. __________________________________________________________ Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destinati...

Hotfixes for DPM 2010 RC and Win2008 R2 Hyper-V with CSV?
Hi, I'm currently running Win2008 R2 Hyper-V with CSV and would like to try out DPM 2010 RC which I already have downloaded. What hotfixes do the DPM-team recommend that I install? I couldn't find anything about this in the DPM 2010 RC-package. You should really follow Hans Vredevoorts suggestion, in the next to last post, on the update list for Hyper-V as soon as possible. Or why not make a blog post about it on the DPM blog in the mean time since I'm sure this will be a common question and cause of problem and headaches for those that are trying out DPM 2010 ...

Vlookup will not retrun value
I have a very simple formula =VLOOKUP(M3,Days!$A$5:$I$28,9,FALSE) When I change M3 to N3 and hit enter, I see =VLOOKUP(N3,Days!$A$5:$I$28,9,FALSE) displayed. How do I get this to retun the value and not the text string? Format the cell as General (or anything but text). Then hit F2, then enter (excel will see that it's a formula) Dave Shultz wrote: > > I have a very simple formula > > =VLOOKUP(M3,Days!$A$5:$I$28,9,FALSE) > > When I change M3 to N3 and hit enter, I see > =VLOOKUP(N3,Days!$A$5:$I$28,9,FALSE) displayed. How do I get this to ret...

Outlook will not restore from taskbar
I have a user who keeps outlook 2002 open all the time. While she performing other task she minimizes outlook to the taskbar. When she try's to restore Outlook it just stays in the taskbar and will not return to her screen. This causes her to have to close all her work and log out to get outlook back. Any help is appreciated. Thanks ...

Upgrading Office Pro Plus 2010 Beta to Office Pro Plus 2010
I have a copy of Office Pro Plus 2010 Beta and would like to upgrade it to Office Pro Plus 2010 (both downloaded from Technet subscriber downloads). When I try to install Office Pro Plus 2010, it seems to indicate that I can not upgrade 2010 beta. Is there a way that I can do this or at least export my Outlook settings so that I can uninstall the beta, install the RTM and restore my current Outlook settings (accounts, multiple calendars, data files, etc). What makes you think you need to export your Outlook settings? Uninstalling Office has no Impact on the Outlook Profile or ...

Outlook 2003 will not close
I have Outlook 2003. When I open Outlook, select send and receive my dial up connection loads. After downloading of mail is complete the dial up hangs up. If I close Outlook the icon still stays on the task bar by the clock. If I try to open Outlook again it won't. How do I close Outlook. Need help thanks On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 06:48:26 -0800, "Terry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> said dis: > If I >try to open Outlook again it won't. How do I close >Outlook. This may help.: From 'Woody's Office Watch' e-letter: <begin quote> ...

When will M2006 be released?
I am running a trial of M2005 now. Will Money 2006 be released in the sometime near future? Thanks. If the past is any indication of the future, M06 will come out around September of 2005. Based on M05, I'm not looking forward to it. If you are thinking about upgrading from a previous version of Money, you might want to read why I didn't at http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005.htm. Do your own due diligence. If you are a new user to Money, you might want to look for a copy of M04. "Dustin_Ragans" <Dustin_Ragans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B311...

SQL Server 2005 Express and RMS
Would RMS Store Ops work with SQL Server 2005 Express? We are looking for a low-impact version of SQL for use in our individual stores (do not want to setup a separate SQL Server machine), and currently are using MSDE for our Store Ops database during our corporate-office training and development. However, we are looking down the road, and if we can use this cutting-edge technology now instead of using MSDE and having to migrate to SQL Express later, so much the better. When the full version of SQL Server 2005 comes out, we are planning on migrating most of our corporate operations to...

MS Money Will No Longer Update Accounts--HELP!
Have been doing well with updating about 8 accounts online in MSN money==not a hitch. However, earlier this week, it started updating a few of the accounts, and now will not download or upload transactions from the program for electronic processing. This is a bit bizare. Is anyone else having trouble connecting and downloading statements/transactions? Ho?w can I address this problem I am having the same problem. I open a case with Microsoft and they think the problem has to do with their connection with Yoodle. Cindy I've got the same problem. It will update my balance inf...

CRM 1.2 from MSDN
Help, I have built a test SBS2k3 server that I want to test CRM on. The installation has gone through OK and I can access CRM. I now want to import the Sample Data in to the CRM but each time I try it fails. No errors in the event logs it just comes back and says it encountered an error. Any ideas? Which license did you use dave for CRM? "Dave Taylor" <dt@nospamingamshire.co.uk> wrote in message news:uPAoKLo5DHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Help, > > I have built a test SBS2k3 server that I want to test CRM on. The > installation has gone through OK and...

BETA: IMAP Auto Archive
Not sure if this is a new issue, as I'd not tried it in OfficeXP as I've switched to using IMAP rather than POP3 since moving to beta... I'm happy to keep mail in IMAP folders for a few days, but would like to auto archive it on my primary machine so the mail box doesn't get too full, and so I can consolidate my inbox/sent folders... I've set auto-archive rules on the folders, but... although auto archive runs, nothing happens... Mail is set to auto-archive after 2 days Any thoughts ? Or suggestions for another (automated) way to manage this ? ...

pictures on email will not forward with text. just a white box
when i forward an email with pictures on it - not attachments - it will not enclude the picture. just a white box where the pictures were. thanks ...

Office 2007 Outlook reports MSVCR80.DLL Missing, will not work
I am Install Office 2007 on the Windows Vista Ultimate. I can start Outlook once after install, but after that it reports cannot find MSVCR80.dll when launched from the Quick Launch button. Also if I launch it from the Start menu, it continually brings up the "Configure Office" screen and wants to reboot afterwords. If I cancel out of everything and reboot, it will start once off the Start Menu then that's it. Can you help me please? Thank you The MSVCR80.dll usually is a Norton thing. How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.micr...

Outlook 2003 on Vista Beta 2
Hi! I hope this is the right newsgroup for my issue I've just installed Outlook 2003 from Office 2003 Professional Enterprise Edition on my Windows Vista Beta 2 workstation. I've configured my POP3 account as always and the "Test Account Settings" check runs OK. Besides that I cannot receive any mail from my server, however I can send emails as usual. No error is reported on the receive process, it executes like there where no emails on my account (but there are). Windows Mail, included on Windows Vista works does not have this issue. Any help would be appreciated. Than...