Using meta-info or is it possible to extend the OneNote XML Schema

Hey,

I'm working on an add-in that will sync "To Do"-tags with a CalDAV-Server,
making them available on iPhones and Mozilla Thunderbird. Unfortunately
OneNote is making this very hard for two reasons:

  1. <Meta>-elements can't be childs of <Tag>-elements, so they wouldn't
move with a <Tag>-element or be deleted if the user moves the <Tag> to
another <Outline> or even <Folder>. That means that <Tag>-Elements are hard
to identify uniquely, unless there's a good way to extend the OneNote
XML-Schema (for example: namespaced attributes)?

  2. It seems that OneNote returns an error every time I try to add a new
namespace to a OneNote XML document. After trying to identify existing tags
uniquely (this would be my favorite solution), I wondered if I could
implement something along the lines of the built-in <OutlookTask>, but it
seems that OneNote actively prohibits additional namespaces in its XML.

So my question is this: does anyone have the right incantations or any ideas
on how to attach metadata to OneNote <Tag>-Elements or at least store your
own XML-Data in OneNote XML files?

Thank you and best regards.
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

SUMIFS using a text range
I am still new to Excel 2007. I want to start using SUMIFS for their efficiencies over array formulas. They don=92t seem to work the same. I want to sort by Dep and Account and by month. The data comes in TEXT format. I can=92t get it to work without converting the TEXT to VALUES. I bring in data and need to sort it like this. Dep AccountII AccountII SALARIES 110 60010 60999 SERVICES 110 65000 65999 MARKETING 110 70000 74999 TRAVEL 110 75000 79999 FACILITIES 110 80000 80109 OTHER 110 80110 81999 OTHER INCOME 110 82000 ...

Different use
Good Day to all I just want to understand the use of each code and if possible an example code thanks. Free File() Comparemethod Line Input() Instr() Getlastwritetime() Thanks much.. :) -- Message posted via DotNetMonster.com http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/asp-net/201003/1 "shadow-monster via DotNetMonster.com" <u58543@uwe> wrote in message news:a5b65e4e27282@uwe... > I just want to understand the use of each code and if possible an example > code thanks. That's precisely what MSDN is for... > Free File() http://ms...

Outlook 2003 can not use my Office 2002 word
I'm currently using Office 2002 on my WINXP and only upgraded my Outlook to 2003. In my previous version of Outlook I used Word as my e-mail editor. Outlook 2003 will not allow me to use my Office 2002 Word as my e-mail editor. If there a configuration mod that I can use to use my 2002 word? Thanks, DavidICQ No. Versions must match. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "DavidICQ" <david@dmcsystems.net> wrote in message news:_okwb.22701$y9.2278@twister.socal.rr.com... > I'm currently using Office 2002 on my WINXP and only upgraded my Outlook to > 2003. In my pr...

using TBSTYLE_DROPDOWN buttons in cDialogBar?
I want a toolbar with comboboxes and drop-down menus. I originally implemented using CToolBar and the hacks necessary to add combobox controls to a CToolBar, but it was becoming too kludgy. So I'm trying to reeimplement using CDialogBar, and now I am finding it difficult to replicate the behavior of the toolbar buttons with CDialogBar. Is there a way to get buttons in a CDialogBar to act like buttons in CToolBar, supporting TBSTYLE_DROPDOWN styles? (ie, the button has a down-arrow drawn next to it, and clicking on it will trigger a ON_NOTIFY(TBN_DROPDOWN message ? Any help would b...

Crystal Reports using SQL query
Hi gang, Rather new to using CR, I have a SQL query I use inside of CR using the COMMAND inside of Database Expert. My SQL query includes: ***snip*** DECLARE @BegDate datetime; DECLARE @EndDate datetime; SET @BegDate = '20100701' SET @EndDate = '20100731' ***end snip*** I would like to get rid of this hard-coded date portion in the SQL COMMAND and have the user running the report get a prompt for the data range they want. Also, I would like the selected date range to appear on final report. With this setup I cannot display the date range used in the report...

printing problem when using Excel 2000
I am trying to print my workbook from Excel 2000 that has 10 sheets - when I go to print, I get the first 2 or 3 pages and then my printer gives me a line error. I have to shut the printer off and start over. Any suggestions? ...

New Schema
Hello, I'm wondering if any one has any info on how to add a new schema using the Schema Manager? or how would you usually add a new schema? I'm looking at the SDK and search the web but can't seem to find any information on how to do it. I know how to add new fields to the existing schema but not adding new schema. Thanks for any info. The 1.0 version of the product does not support adding new tables or relationships via Schema Manager. "H Lim" <hlim@icgroupinc.com> wrote in message news:O$WQ5qrgDHA.2080@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... Hello, I'm wondering if an...

Copy Rows found using Find All feature
I am looking for data in a spreadsheet containing a certain word. If i do a Find All, I am given all of the rows that contain the word. Is there a way to then copy all of that data, or the specific rows that contain the keyword? I find myself clicking each line found in find all, going back to the spreadsheet, copying and pasting in a new spreadsheet. I then keep repeating this task. there has to be a better way. thank you, Hi Scott, > I am given all of the rows that contain the word. Is there a way to then > copy all of that data, or the specific rows that contain the keyw...

How to I make a decision using excel?
I have to rate a list of 17 colleges/universities and rate them according to my preferences. I have researched them and have what i need. I just don't know how you can make a 'real life' decision via excel. I am also supposed to use access. PLEASE help me! i'm so confused! Kayte - > I have to rate a list of 17 colleges/universities and rate them according > to my preferences. I have researched them and have what i need. I just > don't know how you can make a 'real life' decision via excel. I am also > supposed to use access. PLEASE help...

Highlight the entire row or particular cell using conditional formatting
I want highlight the entire row or particular cell. I have columns called permit no., description, requester, dat requested validity, approved and permit opened. . I want highlight th entire row or particular cell if the permit is not opened 7 days fro the date of approval. Is it also possible to highlight with flashin text. A sample excel file is attached Thank +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Condn. Fromat.zip |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5244 +------------------------...

outlook 2000 using 100% cpu and not responding
My outlook 2000 application is going to 100% cpu each time I bring it up then it goes to not responding. I have removed and re-installed, defragmented, installed all updates, have no virus or spyware and still have the Outlook problem. Anyone out there who ever experienced this? ...

xml serialize properties
I am having a problem serializing an object. I have a very simple class. [Serializable] public class Phone : SwcDomainObject { private string areaCode; private string prefix; private string suffix; private string extension; public string AreaCode { get { return areaCode; } set { areaCode = value; } } public string Prefix { get { return prefix; } set { prefix = value; } } public string Suffix { get { return suffix; } set { suffix = value; } } public string Extension { get { return extension; } set { extension = value; } } publi...

Are text fields >255 characters possible in Project?
I am using Project 2007. I have explanatory fields I would like to enter into my Project Plan. Many of those are longer than 255 characters. Is there a way to have a field for text larger than 255 char? No. You will need to use the NOTES field. Double click on the task, pull the Notes tab and type there. As an FYI, the Notes field will not show 100% of its contents if you insert the Notes column. What it will show is the smaller of: 1. The first 255 characters 2. Up to the first carriage return. Although 100% of the data is still there, it will not show it as a column....

can I serialize to xml instead of proprietary format
Hello, For example in the case of CObject::Serialize(archive); is there a way to get that to write out in xml format instead of proprietary? Then I wouldn't have to erase the preferences file each time I add a new element to add, e.g. if (archive.IsStoring()) { archive << GetSize(); archive << m_debug; if above code in use for a while, and now if I want to add archive << m_do_not_use_skin; I need to erase preferences because serialize only knows about the order in which to expect the properties, but if it could understand xml would not need to be in any specifi...

"Correct design?" Transform excel file to xml
Hi I am writing a procedure to load an excel file into an xml file that can be validated before loading it into a database via an api. At the moment I can read the excel file into a dataset very easily and save the xml using writexml but of course i get a format that doesnt match the schema. So i would like to write the xml file using a schema document thats already been provided. Im new to xslt and im guessing thats what i need to do, but im unsure of how to write xml using an existing schmema document. Can anyone help with some articles or feedback ? I can see plenty of articles on how ...

View using attributes of several tables (entities schemas)
Is it possible to set a view that is made of more than one entity in CRM 4.0? This is for display and lookup purposes not for reporting. It requires to have an option to choose in the check boxes attributes of the entity that is in database relationship with the entity that the view is being done from. In CRM 4 some (not all) of the views allow you to add columns from other entities. This does require that the entity which you want to add columns from is in a one-to-many relationship with the entity the view is based on. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Extende...

Stock Counts, Transaction Adjustments, etc.
I seem to be running into a road block at every turn and I think I need someone to lay out the process for me in an easy to understand method. These are the resources I have on hand: -Dynamics GP 10.0 SP3 -Integration Manager SP3 -eConnect is installed, but I have never used it and don't know where to start, but I'm a quick learner. -I have a programmer at my disposal, however he has no GP experience -I'm a great SQL program and understand the GP table layouts So that's what I've got. Can someone tell me the best way to automate the stock count process? We are gathe...

OneNote & Dropbox
Hey Gang, I have been trying to figure out how to share notebooks with my boss and have them sync back and forth automatically. I saw this article yesterday and tried it, but am stuck. http://al.bsharah.com/post/2009/04/10/Share-Your-To-Do-List-across-Multiple-PCs-with-OneNote-and-Dropbox.aspx It says I should be able to share and sync them, but does that mean the DropBox account used on my computer and his have to be the same one? We can't be using 2 different accounts can we? You don't say what version of windows you are using, but my bet is that if you chose &qu...

Saving Excel workbook in SQL server using c# #3
Could anyone please help me out as to how we can save the excel workbook in the database and read it back. I was able to convert the text files and image files into binary format and save them to the DB and finally able to retrive them back in the same format. But was unable to do same for the excel object. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, regards, ...

Increase value of number in formula/using named cells. And use of IF sentence
Hello. I am new to this group and will try to explain two problems. Hope you understand my poor english. My questions are probably easy for most of you, so I hope someone will help :-) Problem one. I am making a spreadsheet where I have to use names not cell numbers (can not use B1, C3 and so on). I shall use the f(X)=ax3 + bx2 + cx + d formula (the number 3 and 2 are exponents -if that is what is it called). I am going to write a start value (lets name the cell Start), a step value (Step) and a,b,c and d. The last four cells are named a, b, c_ and d. All this is quite all right but i a...

Dropdown lists using each value only once
Is there a way to have 34 total dropdowns (in two different colums) that can each select a number 1 through 34 but each number can only be used ONCE? Yes, you can do this. Tell us *exactly* where these drop downs will be located. (hint: don't just say column A and column B. Tell us *exactly* where in column A and column B) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "bcbrown7" <bcbrown7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A932BE44-CFC7-480F-A395-C5CCC6B94017@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to have 34 total dropdowns (in two different colums) that ...

why can't i use readingwindow in draft and outbox
I wonder why Microsoft have taken out the function to view the email in a readingwindow under the list of emails, in the draft and outbox folders? In the help section Microsoft writes that it is not possible to use it in draft folder. I use Outlook 2003. My colleague got an elder version and there the readingwindow works in al folders. Is it possible that it works in newer versions? "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CD0849C-DFC2-4715-99F3-DD307FDC2AA0@microsoft.com... >I wonder why Microsoft have taken out the function to view the...

Excel last open file should move to top of list when used
When opening Excel I see list of last documents which I have used. I think that document which is opened from the list now, should move to the top of the list. That how frequently used documents would be on the list always. Now document need to be opened once every 9 (maximum numbers of history) different file used. You could send a message to MS asking for this enhancement: mswish@microsoft.com or xlwish@microsoft.com Put Excel in the subject so that it goes to the correct group. (then cross your fingers and get your checkbook out to by the newest version!) Matti Simperi wrote: > ...

HowTo return User!UserID using Oracle sys_context('USERENV','OS_US
Our SSRS instance is hosted in infrastructure that does not have Active Directory. The SSRS has a custom security extension and the process is running under the Network Service account. The custom security extension populates the 'User!UserID' runtime variable within SSRS. I have Oracle colleagues who want to know if there is a way that their sys_context('USERENV', 'OS_USER') calls can be populated with the User!UserID variable. This is my response: I am virtually certain that there is no practical way that SSRS can substitute the 'OS_USER...

Analytical Accounting Budget info in FRx
Hi All, Has anyone had any issues adding AA budget info to FRx reports? I am trying to put the Budget figure into my Column Layout but when I go into the Zoom the only book codes are Actual and Unit account, no Budget? Any ideas VERY gratefully appreciated, I am a bit of a novice to AA and am finding it quite tough to understand. Thank you! Interesting question, I didn't try this out before but will try and get back to you, for the time being have you managed to get your AA codes "without budgets" in FRx correctly or you are facing issues? -- Regards, ...