Two Onenote windows on startup (command line switch)

Hi, I have a dual monitor setup, one being a tablet PC, and wanted to get two Onenote windows ready upon startup:
- A normal window, opening my last used file and without full screen - let's consider this one the standard launched window, so it's already there by adding onenote.exe to the startup group, so no issues  here.
- The second window I would like to be on the tablet, and I believe I could get that extra screen by adding a second shortcut with the /sidenote switch (or can I not? Haven't tried as it's not my ideal scenario), but I would ideally want it to open a new Onenote Journal (from the powertoy) day page.
Which means what I want is a commandline switch to both get a second non-sidenote window and to get it in full screen mode at startup.
I understand the sidenote switch is a reasonable solution to both but I'd rather use the Onenote Journal which is far neater, or else not create a new page at all.
I can't find command line switches for neither of those. Anyone knows?
Thanks,
Be Szpilman

A Threadsafe .NET Blocking Queue Class
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/42cafb85-e4db-4361-9d1d-d6e960b04b7e/a-threadsafe-net-blockin.aspx
0
Be
11/14/2009 5:15:48 AM
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You might be able to cobble something together with passing the location to a
..one file as a cmd line parameter.  It will open as a standalone section, but
any changes you make to it will go to the file as well.

The command line switches are documented at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/onenote/HA101778331033.aspx

And btw, I posted a "How To" for the /sidenote switch for making shortcuts
at
http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin/archive/2009/11/12/opening-a-new-sidenote-in-onenote-when-windows-starts.aspx

If you do get something working, please post what you came up with!

--
I hope some of this helps,
John Guin

"Be Szpilman" wrote:

> Hi, I have a dual monitor setup, one being a tablet PC, and wanted to get two Onenote windows ready upon startup:
> - A normal window, opening my last used file and without full screen - let's consider this one the standard launched window, so it's already there by adding onenote.exe to the startup group, so no issues  here.
> - The second window I would like to be on the tablet, and I believe I could get that extra screen by adding a second shortcut with the /sidenote switch (or can I not? Haven't tried as it's not my ideal scenario), but I would ideally want it to open a new Onenote Journal (from the powertoy) day page.
> Which means what I want is a commandline switch to both get a second non-sidenote window and to get it in full screen mode at startup.
> I understand the sidenote switch is a reasonable solution to both but I'd rather use the Onenote Journal which is far neater, or else not create a new page at all.
> I can't find command line switches for neither of those. Anyone knows?
> Thanks,
> Be Szpilman

> A Threadsafe .NET Blocking Queue Class
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/42cafb85-e4db-4361-9d1d-d6e960b04b7e/a-threadsafe-net-blockin.aspx
> .

Upgrading to 9.0 on Windows Server 2003 64bit Edition
We are upgrading from 7.0 to 9.0. We have new SQL Servers on which we will perform the upgrade and move into production once complete replacing our existing servers. These SQL Servers are running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition. When attempting to install either GP v7.0 or v7.5 the error message "The image file ...\CDSetup.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other than the current machine." is presented and the installation script will not initialize. Is it possible to install GP 7.0 or 7.5 on the 64bit version of Windows Server 2003 or must we install the 32 bit v...

Validate almost one of two textbox
Hi, how can I validate a group of 2 textbox so the users have to populate at least one of them (or both)? Thanks in advance. Luis On Nov 27, 2:16=A0pm, Luigi <Lu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > how can I validate a group of 2 textbox so the users have to populate at > least one of them (or both)? > > Thanks in advance. > > Luis Use Javascript Function function jsValidateTextBoxGroup(sTxtBox1, sTxtBox2) { var bSuccess =3D true; var sTxtBox1Value =3D document.getElementById(sTxtBox1).value; var sTxtBox2Value =3D document.g...

SUMIF with two conditions ? #2
I have 3 colums colum A G7705 colum B 300 colum C Units I need sum the units in colum C if colum A & B = "G77053000" Can somone Help =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="G7705"),--(B1:B10=300),C1:C10) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mestrella31" wrote: > I have 3 colums > > colum A G7705 > colum B 300 > colum C Units > > I need sum the units in colum C if colum A & B = "G77053000" > > Can somone Help Ok I did that & it worked, now when I try to get the data from another worksheet it gives me wrong data, do you know why? ...

How do I look at two worksheets in one Excel workbook at same time
I know how to arrange windows to look at multiple workbooks. But I want to have two worksheets displayed at the same time from the same workbook. Is there a way to do that? Window - New Window this will create a second view of active workbook. Then you can do Window - Arrange, active workbook only. -- Best Regards, Luke M "PeoriaJean" <PeoriaJean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:503A1BB9-2130-4346-A0AF-A461388397B2@microsoft.com... >I know how to arrange windows to look at multiple workbooks. But I want to > have two worksheets di...

How to Populate .msg File Used in Command Line
I have a .msg file I saved as a boilerplate for Calendar requests that will be programmatically started in an application I am developing. I want to be able to modify the Calendar request's date, time, duration, and message contents based on the user's inputs prior to opening the .msg file. After the user verifies the contents, he/she will click the <Send> button. Currently, from the command line, I can run "c:\program files\microsoft office\office12\outlook.exe" /f "c:\p_review\PR.msg" The Calendar request opens with the boilerplate. Ho...

Exchange 5.5 in Windows 2000 Domain
HI I am looking for any advise I can get on this subject, or any references you may have. Basically I have an NT4 PDC that currently has Exchange 5.5 installed on it. I have a windows 2000 Database server that is just a member server of hte domain. My NT4 machine is running out of space, so I am getting a new server for exchange. I will install Windows 2000 on this server and then follow the Ed Crowley Server Move method, to move my exchange server over to this new machine. I am comfortable with this. I have just now installed an NT4 BDC into the domain (it is only a very old machine so it ...

Archiving of Windows Live Mail
Can someone please point me to a procedure that will explain how to off load a bunch of emails that I want to keep but do not want in the active WLM folders. Seems like in the Outlook Express days there was a way but I have long since forgot what I did. Help appreciated. You could create a folder(s) on the Desktop and just drag messages into it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Ken" <krlorenz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:EB7EFBBB-12DA-4CAF-A02C-556B10A60C58@microsoft.com... > Can someone please poin...

Export News from Outlook express and import into windows mail
I only used outlook express for newsgroup so I need to backup and transfer all the messages that I flagged with the glasses icon. I just installed windows mail and it only downloaded the first 1000 messages. I can't see all of my messages because some of them they are old ... maybe 2002 but i need them all in the same place. How can I transfer these messages and the replies to windows mail? Outlook Express as well as other newsreaders only mirror what is on a news server and newsgroups neither import nor export. You can only export the account setting, but not groups or...

Find the number of years between two dates
I have aroster of players with thier date of births. I would like to automatically add their ages in another column Try this Formula, assuming that the dob is in cell A1 =DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"ym") & " months, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"md") & " days" regards Mukesh "duke" wrote: > I have aroster of players with thier date of births. I would like to > automatically add their ages in another column On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 19:47:02 -0700, "duke" <duke@disc...

One line is killing my program!
The following line works, where it specifies the first 4 characters of two area codes (403, and (587. .Range("C2:C" & q).FormulaR1C1 = _ "=MID(R[0]C[-2],INDEX(FIND({""(403"",""(587""},R[0]C[-2]),MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER(FIND({""(403"",""(587""},R[0]C[-2])),0)),14)" I need to substitute two variables - areaCode1 and areaCode2 to replace (403 and (587. I think I've done so, but the following doesn't work: .Range("C2:C" & q).FormulaR1C1 ...

How can i use a command button to validate date and time
I have two command buttons, each on a different sheet. i need both of them to put the current date in one cell on its sheet and current time in another on its sheet. i also need these cells to be locked so the user can only edit these cells by clicking the command button. Any answers? ...

Suggestions for OneNote
Hi, I've been using OneNote 2007, and I think it is a great program. I had some suggestions for making it better: 1. for the highlighter and pen tools, when you move the cursor across the page, it is hard to tell where the cursor actually is, and sometimes you lose it completely. I think the cursor should be made darker or something so we can see it on the page more easily. 2. for the tool which allows you to add extra space somewhere in the middle of the page, allow a feature which allows you to add extra space at the point you want even if it cuts through a picture....

2 existing spreadsheets show 1st line rather than header row to sort ...
(XL2003) This is odd, I haven't seen this ever before. I was working on spreadsheets yesterday for a mail merge. Two had headers rows. I cleaned up both documents, put print area and then tried to sort. In both cases, what came up in the sort was the first row below the header where one always sees the actual titles of the header row when one selects the Header Row radio button under "My List Has" in the "Sort" box. I fiddled and fiddled a bit and managed to get one of the workbooks to display the sort properly by the header row titles - without figuring out what ...

Windows XP
I have a windows xp sp3 machine where there free space goes down to a fixed amount after a reset. Let me explain: I boot the machine (a 40GB HD divided in a 36GB and a 4GB partition), The 4GB partition shows only 600MB free, I run CHKDSK /F D: and it fixes the free space to 2 GB, I reset and it goes back to 600. The same situation is for the 36GB partition where it shows 4GB free but if I boot to the Recovery Console and run chkdsk c: /p it fixes the free space to 18GB but as soon as I reset the free space goes back to 4GB, so the same thing happens if chkdsk runs at boot. Win...

How to reduce thickness/width of window borders two "normal" 2 pixels?
On a certain WinXP all borders of all windows are very, very thick/width. Have a look at the following snapshot: http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9364/capture20091215121445.png What is the reason resp. how can I reduce it to the "normal" size of (approx. 2 pixels) ? Camille Camille Petersen wrote: > On a certain WinXP all borders of all windows are very, very thick/width. > > Have a look at the following snapshot: > > http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9364/capture20091215121445.png > > What is the reason resp. how can I reduce it to the &...

Switching Worksheets
Hello, i was making a macro and i need it to switch to the left-most worksheet in the file, regardless of its name.. Can anyone tell me how i could do that ? Shimeel -- shimeel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shimeel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15830 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=273215 Sheets(1).Activate "shimeel" <shimeel.1euc03@excelforum-nospam.com> schreef in bericht news:shimeel.1euc03@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Hello, > &g...

How to detect when user switches between open forms?
The user can have multiple non-modal, restored, forms open at once and can switch between them as they want, often by just clicking on their titlebars. These forms are all instances of F_URL. I am using Vista, Access 2007. How do I run a routine anytime the user switches form? F_URL.GotFocus doesn't fire because the Focus event only fires for the particular control that has the focus on the form, and, there are many such possible controls. F_URL.Activate doesn't fire. So, four possibilities as far as I can see: 1. There is probably some obvious event that I'm ju...

Count with two criteria
I am working in Excel 2003, I am trying to count with two criteria and multiple sheets. I am using this formula: =SUMPRODUCT(('Sum 1Q10'!A2:A4="BKD")*('Sum 1Q10'!F2:F4="Open")) my result is 0. It should be 1. Is there another way to do this? I really need help. Lisak- There are a couple of approaches to do this; I'll give you the one I use out of habit. The sumproduct conditions evaluate to true or false. You have to force them back to a numeric format. Some folks do that with a leading double negative on each condition. I tend to ...

How to fill cell with two combobox values?
I am looking for VB code for command button that fills two combo box values and a toggle value (Y/N) behind each other in one cell. Bart Excel 2003 ...

How do I restore the cell content window on my toobar?
tools options view ........formula bar -- Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "hutchc" <hutchc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A53F690-97D4-43D6-A458-6AA82B95F575@microsoft.com... > From the View menu, choose Formula Bar hutchc wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Switch from Money 2003 Deluxe & Business-> Money 2003
I just purchased a new computer and Money 2003 is preinstalled. On my other computer, I was using Money 2003 Deluxe and Business. When I loaded my backup in Money 2003, I received a message that since the previous version was for business, I would not be able to access my business accounts. Not a problem. The problem that I am having is that all of my balances are -$170,999,999 on every account and that a bugdet and cash flow are set up. I can't figure out how to make this right, and get the correct balances updated. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help. DH In ...

Launch folder windows in separate processe
The setting as in subject selected under Control Panel -> Folder Options More than one windows explorer open. Each of them opened in other folder. One of them opened for search function. However, if investigating with Task Manager all windows explorer windows lead to the same explorer process (task right click -> Go to process). The list "Processes" of task manager presents only one explorer window. So the setting as mentioned above not really functional. What's the reason? kakii wrote: > > The setting as in subject selected under Control Panel ...

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
Just a quick question, I am wondering if anyone else is having problems downloading Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. I can download/install it from the Windows Update site but, it will not install using Automatic Updates. This is obviously not a serious problem but, I would like to solve it if possible. Rick Never such a problem here. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. What anti-virus application or sec...

Line Chart #9
Hi, I have a line chart for month on month data Jan'07 Feb'07 Mar'07 Apr'07 May'07 Jun'08 A 93 99 120 111 85 90 This is the Eg data. Is there a way to show difference in values. For Eg : Jan - Feb there is a +6 difference. Then there is a +11 difference... etc Is there a way i can show this difference on the graph automatically? Other than manually inserting a text box?? Thanks Rajula Please don't multi-post. Cross-post if you must. -- David Biddulph "Rajula" <Rajula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FBF5AFF-6629-470C-B...