text recognition difference b/w commercial and non-commercial?

I have OneNotes 2007 installed at work on Windows 7 and text recognition
works.  I have it installed at home (non-commercial) on Windows 7 and I do
not get text recognition.  Both are SP2.  But they look different.  Does text
recognition not work in the non-commercial version?  This is the only thing
that make OneNote worthwhile as a tool for me.
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

MarkC wrote:
>I have OneNotes 2007 installed at work on Windows 7 and text
> recognition works.  I have it installed at home (non-commercial) on
> Windows 7 and I do not get text recognition.  Both are SP2.  But they
> look different.  Does text recognition not work in the non-commercial
> version?  This is the only thing that make OneNote worthwhile as a
> tool for me.

There are no different versions of OneNote.

Check the setting for text recognition in "Tools | Options | Other".

Rainald

0
Rainald
3/12/2010 12:37:24 AM
No, the text recognition features are the same in both versions.

What isn't recognizing?  Ink or text in images or ?

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"MarkC" <MarkC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have OneNotes 2007 installed at work on Windows 7 and text recognition
> works.  I have it installed at home (non-commercial) on Windows 7 and I do
> not get text recognition.  Both are SP2.  But they look different.  Does
> text
> recognition not work in the non-commercial version?  This is the only
> thing
> that make OneNote worthwhile as a tool for me.

0
Ben
3/12/2010 3:26:15 AM
In my home version, it does not recognize my handwriting with a pen.
It gives me a "convert handwriting to text" option but does not do anything.
The interface also seems different from work.  At work, I simply place my
mouse over the word and right click and I get word options.  I can also
simply search the document and get matches for handwritten words.  My version
at home does none of this.  It has a specific menu pick to do the conversion.
It is almost like the Onenote versions are different, but they both identify
themselves as Onenote 2007 SP2.  I'm perplexed.

"Ben M. Schorr, MVP" wrote:

> No, the text recognition features are the same in both versions.
>
> What isn't recognizing?  Ink or text in images or ?
>
> --
> -Ben-
> Ben M. Schorr, MVP
> Roland Schorr & Tower
> http://www.rolandschorr.com
> http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html
> Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
> http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon
>
> "MarkC" <MarkC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have OneNotes 2007 installed at work on Windows 7 and text recognition
> > works.  I have it installed at home (non-commercial) on Windows 7 and I do
> > not get text recognition.  Both are SP2.  But they look different.  Does
> > text
> > recognition not work in the non-commercial version?  This is the only
> > thing
> > that make OneNote worthwhile as a tool for me.

diagonal text
HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 11:06:07 +0100, SCOTT wrote (in article <8844C60C-FD08-4FB5-B289-D530CAA285DA@microsoft.com>): > HOW DO I MAKE MY TEXT GO IN A DIAGONAL WAY ACROSS THE PAGE Lose the caps. It's considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your posts very hard to read. Please explain what it is you're attempting to accomplish and your Publisher version. By the way, questions end with question marks (?). What version of Publisher are you using? In 2000, arrange, rotate or flip, custom rotate, input your n...

Import from Excel
I'm importing a spreadsheet from Excel. My problem is that the column of numbers always imports as text. In using the import wizard it does not allow me to check the data type. It is greyed out with the setting as "text". How do I import numbers? Note that once imported, I have changed to text to numbers but all the numbers loose their precision. Hi Import the data into a temp table - run this through a query and use val function (or change the format) in the query. Use the query to either update or append. HTH -- Wayne Manchester, England. "JeffH"...

Anyone know how to set accelerator text for menu commands?
I have created a menu with text like this: "Do something\tCtrl+Left Arrow" When I run the program, this gets output in the menu as "Do something CTRL+NUM 4" Either Windows or the MFC has detected the accelerator and changed the text of the accelerator part of the menu command for me - i.e. "Ctrl+Left Arrow" has somehow become "CTRL+NUM 4". But I don't want this text. I prefer what I had. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? TIA Simon I can't see how it could possibly know what text you had there. It looks like it...

Loop to retrieve value in worsheet A and put into worksheet B
I am hoping someone out there cyber-world can help me with some code that I need. I have a workbook from an outside source. I need to loop through Worksheet named "Details", column A to find the characters "C:" and return the value from Worksheet "Details" , column B into Worksheet "New Details", Column A. There are blank rows in the data and the only designation between what would be considered a new record is a series of dashes (14 dashes to be exact). Is Anyone able to help with this? Anything is greatly appreciated. Is there an...

How can I enter a one-time, non-online payment into my register?
Wow, I'm not having much success with this. I usually use on-line payments but would like to enter a one-time payment that is not an on-line payment into my register. Is this possible and if so how? Thanks :-) -Mike In microsoft.public.money, Mike wrote: >Wow, I'm not having much success with this. > >I usually use on-line payments but would like to enter a one-time payment >that is not an on-line payment into my register. > >Is this possible and if so how? > >Thanks :-) Hmmm. What program are you using? Is there a "New" button available a...

How to extract a word from a text file
I need help to create a small batch script /procedure that extracts a piece of information from a text file: -Skipp first two lines in a file -Extract a piece of text from the 11-th character until the first blank / space character and store it into an environment variable. - Compare this info against a constant Any examples ideas please ? TIA Please post your query here: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript hth "TIA" <TIA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:416630B6-8A60-4B7E-AB50-1818361CEA66@microsoft.com......

RTF email address w/o mail to ?
Is it possible to do a signature in RTF with a web site and email address tat will both be links as well as not have mail to: and brackets < preceding and ending ? the links ? Driving me bonkers. ...

How do I create 1 chart from 2 different sheets?
Using Excel 2003 how do I create one pie chart by using data from 2 different sheets? all of the examples i see are created by clicking and dragging data from one sheet. Jon Peltier has instructions for charting data from different sheets: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartDataFromDifferentSheets.html tclbeach wrote: > Using Excel 2003 how do I create one pie chart by using data from 2 different > sheets? all of the examples i see are created by clicking and dragging data > from one sheet. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.cont...

Non Responsive Program(internet explorer&outlook)
Hope someone can help me because this problem is driving me crazy!!! All of a sudden I could not print a page from outlook express, the internet explorer. WHat happens is nothing!! Then I get this no responsive program thing going on. The page freezes and I have t cancel it several times and eventually I get the page back on an running. It also wants to send an error message to microsoft outlook. I tried using restore, no luck, seems this virus just comes where eve I go. Then I tried re installing my printer. No luck. My printer will prin the test page or from notebook. I had not been running...

How to format the date in different cells
I work in a doctor´┐Żs office in a hospital, and the Chief Physiotherapist asked me to redo their yearly schedules. I based myself on their previous schedule, but added color and style to it. We use at the hospital the software Excel 2000. So, in cell B1, from the Menu, I clicked: Format, Cells, Number, Date, and in Type, I chose the format **Wednesday, March 14, 2001*. I had to repeat the same process to cell B9, B17, B25, up to B97, changing the date accordingly in each cell. The Physiotherapist was impressed by my work, but had a concern regarding the individual dating of the cells. H...

help w/deleting rows if 2 conditions & calling macro from other bo
hi, i found the code below and it works when i'm in the same workbook but how do i modify it so that i call from book 1 and it works on book 2. i also need to add a second condition .... any ideas?? what i want to do is delete all rows that DON'T have "Attendance" in column G and aferwards delete all rows that are "blank" in column J the macro will be called from the master.xls BUT will work on another file called raw.xls Sub stantial() Dim myrange, MyRange1 As Range lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Set myrange = Sheets(...

Service Call
We frequently have the need to move an item which is on a Service Call to a different ticket. Most of the time, these were put on a PO. Current functionality does not allow the part to be moved to a different Call without cancelling the PO and then re-creating it - not a good/reasonable solution. At a minimum, there should be a utility/button to remove the PO reference from the parts line thereby allowing the part to be deleted/moved. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, cl...

CEDitView text buffer
I have an SDI application using CEDitView. I want to directly access the text in the window but I invoke assertion failures when using CEDitView's member functions. Is there a text buffer and how can I access it? RLS "jolly roger" <hagfish@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:MPG.19a0b2fcab8c26e19896a7@news.ind.sbcglobal.net... > > I have an SDI application using CEDitView. I want to directly access the > text in the window but I invoke assertion failures when using > CEDitView's member functions. Is there a text buffer and how can I > access it? W...

using Excel 2007 student with Excel 2007 commercial
At home I have Excel 2007 student version. My boss has Excel 2007 commercial version. Can I work at home and transfer files to my boss's computer? My boss's computer would not open my work. Any ideas and help is appreciated. Thanks! You should be able to share files. How did the boss try to open the file -- by double clicking on it in windows explorer (or opening from an email) or by starting excel and then using the equivalent of File|open? And what happened when the boss tried and failed? Any error/warning messages? Suzie762 wrote: > > At home I ha...

copying and pasting only non-hidden rows
Would anybody know how to copy an entire worksheet and paste values only to a new worksheet and include only visible rows (do not include hidden rows) Thanks, Jason Jason, you can do it with a macro, here is one way Sub Macro1() ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy Sheets("Sheet2").Select Range("A1").Select ActiveSheet.Paste End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** r...

Extend visible cell text over adjacent cell
Apologies if this has been answered previously but I don't even know what to search for! If I type a long string into a cell (without wrap checked), the cell contents will be displayed in full if the cell(s) to the right are empty. However, if they contain information, the first cell's contents are visible only up to the border of the two cells. This makes sense under normal circumstances. I am looking for a way to enforce this first overlapping behaviour. The adjacent cell contains important info but does not need to be seen. In fact, I have made the font white so that it is invisib...

Word Form Modification W/O Deleting Current Data
Can I modify existing for fields and reprotect the form without wiping out all the existing data in many form fields within the same file? See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/TurnFmFlfResetOff.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Vander-Bend wrote: > Can I modify existing for fields and reprotect the form without > wiping out all the existing data in many form fields within the same > file? ...

text display in MDI
Hello Friends Iam niranjan Developing MDI Application in vc++6.0 when iam displaying text in windows iam using OnDraw and OnChar functions. in OnChar function iam incrementing the x,y positions accoording to Key strokes. and making the string buffer to empty in "Enter" Key stroke in OnDraw function by using pDC->TextOut(x,y,str) iam displaying the text here iam not getting the proper data.... my problems are.... 1. after giving ther enter key curson going to next line but previous lines data in erasing , after ever enter key.. if any one knows solution plz help me to get th...

Text output of a date/time field
I want to convert a date/time field to a text field so that I can import the XLS file into a table in Access. This is because I want to have my time field in the Access DB sometimes store an actual text (like "Lunch") rather than a time. If I force the first few records to have some text in the time field, then Access imports the time data like "1/1/1900" I want to end up with all text in the time field, not a date/time value. Is there a Paste Special or some other way to get this info into text? On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 18:16:17 -0800, "Bob Richardson" <b...

How do I display repeating text between worksheets only once on ta
Hi, I'm new to XLS and trying to work out how to display details from a XLS report I receive. I copy and paste the all details to a new work sheet. I want to display the names of the resources I'm tracking to a new work sheet. The catch is first cell (column a) starts blank first time this is run so I cant use vlookup as far as I can tell, Once the first name is displayed I then need it to skip this name as it repeats (sometimes) in the report - then display the next name and so on to each next free cell in the column. The 2nd time I run this I want any new names to be added to ...

AutoSizing Text to a Rectangle/Shape
Hi, I've been search the internet, to find a way to auto size some text so that it fits with in the shape. I've found several references on how to resize a shape so that the text fits.. But I want it to work the other way around. I.E. If I create a shape which is 2" by 2", I want the text to fit within that, reducing the font size until it does. Any ideas? Thanks Gibbo you might check over here http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/devref/HTML/DVS_09_Designing_Text_Behavior_388.asp?frame=true al "Wayne Gibson" <wayne.gibson@rendersoft.com> w...

XL2K: Z origin (floor) on column charts defaults to non-zero for certain datasets
I've noticed an extremely frustrating, not to mention misleading, aspect of Excel 2K. If you have a column chart with a series whose values are all considerably greater than zero, the "autoscale" feature will by default cut off the floor of the graph at some value greater than zero. Charting textbooks abound with comments as to how this is a very misleading style, because it tends to exaggerate differences between points which might actually be relatively quite small. Someone who's not looking at the chart with a sharp eye might conclude that 2 points differed signific...

Data collecting from different sheets
Hi! I have a workbook where I collect data to "raw data sheets". In theese sheets the average of eath data category is calculated. What I need is a macro that i can run in each new sheet so that theese averages are filled into a presentation sheet. To make things more complicated there will be different amounts of data (rows) in eath sheet. The setup I need to work with is this: Column A: States the type of data (only in the row where the average data is, otherwise blank) Columns C,E,G,I,K,M,O,P: The data I wish to copy. (But only in the average data rows, determ...

Viewing ALL text entry for a cell
I have a spreadsheet which has a cell with long written descriptions for item entries in each row. Some descriptions are pretty lengthy and the cell seems to cut off the text entry once it's reached a particular length. How can I have the cell display the full text entry? I've got the cell formatted to wrap text and seems to do fine, until you reach a certain lenth (character count)??? Is there a max character count in the cells? If so, can that be changed?? I am using Excel 2000. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ from Excel XP help - Length of cell contents...

Counting Blanks in Non Numeric Fields
I am trying to see how many blank spaces employees leave when filling out a particular form. These fields are generally non numeric, though there are a few check boxes too. Is there an equation I can use in the report footer that would add up the total number of blanks? The goal would be to use that information and divide it by the total number of fields to produce a percentage of complete forms. Many thanks, Caro You'll need to decide what constitutes a "blank". If someone enters something, then deletes it, is that a "blank"? If someone skips past ...