Problem when converting handwriting to text

Hi,
  I have a tablet, Motion Computing LE1700, with Windows 7 Professional 32
bits English. I installed  Office 2007 and OneNote 2007 in Spanish. I take
notes sometimes in English, sometimes in Spanish. I thought that OneNote
could convert handwriting to text in English and Spanish but it is only
working  in English. When I try to convert handwriting  in Spanish (choosing
Spanish as main language) OneNote does nothing. No error, no messages,
absolutely nothing. The same behavior happens with OneNote 2010 Beta Spanish.
Is it correct? How could I convert Spanish handwriting to text?

Thanks in advance.

onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Hi,
>   I have a tablet, Motion Computing LE1700, with Windows 7 Professional 32
> bits English. I installed  Office 2007 and OneNote 2007 in Spanish. I take
> notes sometimes in English, sometimes in Spanish. I thought that OneNote
> could convert handwriting to text in English and Spanish but it is only
> working  in English. When I try to convert handwriting  in Spanish (choosing
> Spanish as main language) OneNote does nothing. No error, no messages,
> absolutely nothing. The same behavior happens with OneNote 2010 Beta Spanish.
> Is it correct? How could I convert Spanish handwriting to text?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I think you'll need the

Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 Recognizer Pack

to be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=080184dd-5e92-4464-b907-10762e9f918b&displaylang=en

Bernd
0
Bernd
11/30/2009 12:23:17 AM
Hi, Bernd,

   Thanks for your answer but the recognizer pack is not compatible with
Windows 7 Professional. It only works with  XP.

    J. Saiz

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Hi, Bernd,
>
>    Thanks for your answer but the recognizer pack is not compatible with
> Windows 7 Professional. It only works with  XP.
>

>     J. Saiz
>

> "Bernd" wrote:
>

>> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>   I have a tablet, Motion Computing LE1700, with Windows 7 Professional 32
>>> bits English. I installed  Office 2007 and OneNote 2007 in Spanish. I take
>>> notes sometimes in English, sometimes in Spanish. I thought that OneNote
>>> could convert handwriting to text in English and Spanish but it is only
>>> working  in English. When I try to convert handwriting  in Spanish (choosing
>>> Spanish as main language) OneNote does nothing. No error, no messages,
>>> absolutely nothing. The same behavior happens with OneNote 2010 Beta Spanish.
>>> Is it correct? How could I convert Spanish handwriting to text?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>

>> I think you'll need the
>>
>> Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 Recognizer Pack
>>
>> to be found here:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=080184dd-5e92-4464-b907-10762e9f918b&displaylang=en
>>
>> Bernd
>> .

Did you try:

1. select the note with spanish handwriting
2. Tools -> Set Language (right pane) to Spanish

Bernd
0
Bernd
12/1/2009 10:41:18 PM
Hi,

   Yes, I selected Spanish as main language before trying to convert Spanish
handwriting to text.

   J. Saiz

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Hi,
>
>    Yes, I selected Spanish as main language before trying to convert Spanish
> handwriting to text.
>
>    J. Saiz

You didn't answer my question. I spoke about selecting one specific note
containing spanish text. I should have added another question about
first selecting explicitly the spanish text within the note/container.

The reason behind my question is the confusion Microsoft created around
language setting at all.

Look at these articles:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/onenote/HA102517871033.aspx
(mentions collisions between Windows and Office settings)

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA102435031033.aspx

http://www.technologyquestions.com/technology/microsoft-onenote/285339-onenote-language-corrector.html
(from a user with similar problems)

Bernd
0
Bernd
12/2/2009 2:31:56 PM
Hi,

    Maybe my answer was a bit ambiguous but I had understood your previous
message. I follow these steps:

1. Writing a handwriting note in Spanish.
2. Selecting the note using the selection tool.
3. Setting the language to Spanish
4. Invoking the command to convert handwriting to text

and the final result is nothing.

  Thanks for the articles. In relation with the third article. in my case
Spanish spelling is OK. My only problem is with handwriting conversion.

  J. Saiz

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Hi,
>
>     Maybe my answer was a bit ambiguous but I had understood your previous
> message. I follow these steps:
>
> 1. Writing a handwriting note in Spanish.
> 2. Selecting the note using the selection tool.
> 3. Setting the language to Spanish
> 4. Invoking the command to convert handwriting to text
>
> and the final result is nothing.
>
>   Thanks for the articles. In relation with the third article. in my case
> Spanish spelling is OK. My only problem is with handwriting conversion.
>

>   J. Saiz

Does the spell check work with typed in spanish text from the keyboard ?

Bernd

0
Bernd
12/2/2009 10:08:10 PM
Hi,

   Yes, the spell check works correctly with typed in Spanish text  from the
keyboard.

    J. Saiz

"Bernd" wrote:

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>

> Does the spell check work with typed in spanish text from the keyboard ?
>
> Bernd
>
> .

CListCtrl with owner data and tooltip missing problem
I've a CListView derived class with owner data style and report view. My tooltip gets displayed and then overdrawn repeatedly. Traces in my lvn_getdispinfo and ttn_needtext handlers get called repeatedly. Are there known problems with tooltips and owner data? Any Ideas? Thanks, Jeff F ...

Problem adding new record in form view
Hi there, I have inherited an acccess database and have had to do some troubleshooting on an error message which is now sorted out. I now am unable to add a new record in form view, however if I enter the information directly into the table there is no problem. Please could you help with what might be going wrong? Thanks -- Snoozi Suzi Open the form in design view. Open the properties window for the form. Is the Allow Additions property set to yes? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "SnooziSuzi" <SnooziSuzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Excel 2007: Problem with refresh screen (when minimizied)
Hello On our network (around 40 workstations; Win XP Pro and Office 2007) we have particular the following problem: The user minimized the Excel programm window and do some other works in other applications, return to the minimized Excel window and want to maximize the Excel window. Result: The Excel window is empty. You can paricular see some rows or colums but often not. We try out also other graphic card but get no success. Any ideas? Kind regards, Martin Schweizer ...

Deleting characters in text fields
I have a table of data where the quantity is stored as a text value. Before I convert it to a number value I need to delete some of the characters. Most of the values appear like this: 25.000- but some appear as 5- with no decimal points. Is there a way to to strip out all characters to the left of the decimal point so that 25.000- ends up as 25? Or is there a way just to strip out the " - " character to get 25.000? Thanks, Sean Sean, You can strip out the "-" by using the Replace command: Replace("25.000-", "-", "") Taking every...

Highlighting Texts
can you highlight text in publisher the way you can in word Hi tom (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || can you highlight text in publisher the way you can in || word No Tom, you cannot. The work around involves creating a small rectangle, filling the rectangle with the desired highlight color and place behind the text. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. >-----Original Message----- >Hi tom (anonymous@disc...

Problem moving mailbox between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000
Hi! I'm trying to move mailbox between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000 using the MS ADUC. Everything works well - the wizard shows that move operation was successfull but after the move operation I've noticed that moved mailbox exists on source server and destination server. All mail messages are moved to the new server. On the source server the home server property (home-mdb) didn't change. I've tried to follow the XADM: How to Prevent Mail Loss When Move Mailbox Operation Is Unsuccessful. When I change the home-mdb and home-mta properties the account dissapears from the source...

Problems
When i try and log onto Money deluxe 2004 it requires me to get online everytime - there used to be a button that let me skup that option, but now it is gone. I heard you have to download something to fix that but dont know where to go. I also always press "remember my passwords" but everytime i have to enter it. Is this part of the same problem or a different one? I have never been here before so i am sure these will be very simple questions to some of you but i am grateful for your time and would really appreciate any help. thanks again. Matthew - skyvend@aol.com I...

Problems with downloading from bank site
My Money file was up-to-date when my XP computer crashed. The new computer is Vista. Trying to recover with a backup that was three weeks old, I down loaded what I thought were the transactions I missed. Unfortunately, there were about $2,000 worth of transactions missed. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, John In microsoft.public.money, vinturella wrote: >My Money file was up-to-date when my XP computer crashed. The new computer is >Vista. Trying to recover with a backup that was three weeks old, I down >loaded what I thought were the transactions I missed. Unfortunately, t...

Problems during Outlook 2003 start
Greetings to Everybody I've a problem during the start of Outlook 2003: Last week I've installed and removed the program Motorola Mobile Phone Tools. Now everytime that I start outlook appears an error message about the impossibility to found a DLL called Out97.dll placed in the folde c:\programmi\mobile phone tools. In the error message is written to try to use the option "Rileva Problemi e ripristina" in the menu ?(English translation is about Find Problems and reset" but I don't think that in the English version of Outlook the menu is called like this) but if I ch...

Windows 7 Mail problem 12-08-09
Using Windows 7 Professional with a Gmail account. I installed Windows Live Mail and it works - but. Whenever I Sync (F5) it takes a long time and sometimes indicates the server is not connected too. Do I want to wait and I answer yes - then it proceeds VERY SLOWLY? Is there a problem with Google Gmail and Syncing mail? Is there something I missed in the setup? thx You'll find support for Windows Live Mail (WLMail) in this public newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop Via the web-interface: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/...

Deleting Rows Automatically using a Text File List
I have a text file list of .jpg files that I want to delete (rows) from Excel. The list has 800+ items in it. Deleting these rows one at a time in Excel (after doing a "find") is terribly time consuming. Does anyone know how to make Excel read my text file and delete the rows with that filename in it (automatically). The filename (listed in the text file) is in a column (in my excel sheet) called "filename". Any help would be most appreciated!!! Seriously! I may have to spend hours on this otherwise! Thank you, Arielle -- mirdonamy ------------------------------...

no text on subform when there are no child records
Your help is appreciated. I'm relatively new to Access with no VBA training. My form calls GrantID and Grant# from tblGrant. The subform shows current records from a query of tblQuestion and tblQuestionDescription (tblGrant has a 1-to-many relationship with tblQuestion). When I created the subform, I chose to have the subform fields related to GrantID. The challenge...if a Grant# doesn't currently have any related records on tblQuestion, the labels and fields on the subform do not show - the subform is blank. I want the user to be able to add records to the subform that populate tblQ...

Problems running Duplicate Detection in CRM 4.0 in web interface
When I click on Workplace -> Duplicate Detection, I receive the following error: "Error: An error has occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organizations's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support." Duplicate detection is enabled and there are several duplication rules that have also been created. Those rules also can be published without error. In researching this error, the only thing I can find that has been suggested is that there i...

Bank Reconciliation problem/question
In working on the reconciliation we've run across several transactions in the bank reconciliation screen that, in fact, are in a different checkbook than the one being reconcilied. As an example, we were reconciling our JPMorganChase bank account and one of the deposits listed in the screen is number 00000000000000000021 for $127,024.77 dated 2/22/06. However, this deposit, when zoomed in on, is actually in another of our checkbooks. It doesn't show up in the checkbook inquiry for Chase nor did it hit the g/l account associated with the Chase checkbook. There was a deposit wit...

Text Overflow into Different Row
Excel allow text to overflow into an adjacent cell as long as it is empty and it is in the same row. How can I make it overflow if it si in a different row? Thank you ...

Printing problem on a terminal server
Hi, I created an application that does some printing with MFC (7.1). When I do a print preview or I print, every thing works fine. However, when I try to do a print preview or if I try to print from within terminal server, then all the fonts are very small (they look like 1pt high). What am I doing wrong (or what should I do)? This is a sample of my code LOGFONT font; ::ZeroMemory(&font, sizeof(font)); _tcscpy(font.lfFaceName, _T("Courier New")); font.lfHeight = -MulDiv(75, pDC->GetDeviceCaps(LOGPIXELSY), 2540); // 7.5 pts font.lfWidth = 0; font.lfEscapement = 0; font.lfOr...

Calculation problem where a fixed charge is involved
Forgive me for asking guidance on something which is probably quite simple. I've set up a worksheet to calculate all the hidden costs of on-line auctions and it is the PayPal aspect that is giving me grief. PayPal charge me 3.4% + 20p per transaction. If I use: =SUM(B2*0.034+0.2)and C2 and D2 and so on... ....it obviously gives me the right answer but, if I just enter the formula at the beginning of posting sales and before any purchase or bid has been made, when I want a nil balance to show, this method shows 20p. How do I amend the formula for that aspect so that the 20p set c...

How to format number with mixed number and text?
I put the following formula into a cell: =6.65+0.15&" lb". It did what I intended, namely: add the numbers and display the result with the tag, i.e. "6.8 lb". However, the Number format seems to have no effect on the displayed result. For example, if Decimal Places is 2, the above result is still "6.8 lb", not "6.80 lb". I get more decimal places only if they are "needed". For example, =6.65+0.1511&" lb" displays 4 decimal places, even if the Number format is 2 decimal places. How can I control the format of the numeric ...

SMTP Connector Problems
If I have a SMTP Connecter (Exchange 2000) to my ISP and have all e-mails forward to the ISP. Does the Connector route incoming mail or is that direct from the senders E-mail servers? "Mike" <thisisafakeaddress@yahoo.com> wrote: >If I have a SMTP Connecter (Exchange 2000) to my ISP and have all e-mails >forward to the ISP. Does the Connector route incoming mail or is that >direct from the senders E-mail servers? Mail may arrive directly from a transmitting server, or you may have your mail collected at the ISP and delivered to your server either when yu connect ...

Big Problem-Please help!
I wanted to remove a server from a policy and instead of clicking remove from policy, I accidently click delete and it deleted the server. Now the server no longer functions. I tried to reinstall Exchange but nothing. Good thing this is just a connector server but I need it back up. Please HELP!! ...

problems with newly installed outlook 2002
hi, i've just upgraded from office 2000 to office xp... i have a problem with outlook 2002...when i click send and receive i get an error message "the operation failed".... but i can download from each of my email accounts individually via the tools>send/receive menu.. i've downloaded an update from the microsoft site but that hasn't solved the problem... anyone got any ideas how to fix this.. cheers, davlam added: now it appears i can't send emails....but all my email account settings are exactly the same as with outlook 2000, which worked fin...

Pictures and Text
I am putting pictures and text in my Publisher 2003 file but it does not display any pictures or text. I did check the settings in pictures and it is set correctly. Does it display anything? -- Don Vancouver, USA "Brenda" <Brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E097098D-7416-499B-99BF-85FC45D42CD5@microsoft.com... >I am putting pictures and text in my Publisher 2003 file but it does not > display any pictures or text. I did check the settings in pictures and it > is > set correctly. It does show the text but does not show any picture...

Change Text color using CListCtrl
Hello, Does anyone know how to change the color of text for a single row only in the mult-column ist box using CListCtrl. Thank You "Ririko Horvath" wrote: > Hello, > > Does anyone know how to change the color of text for a single row only > in the mult-column ist box using CListCtrl. > > Thank You > > > Hi, http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/ReportControl.asp Regards, Selvam ...

Solution: RFX_Date & CTime problem
It's a pleasure to post a solution to this group rather than a question. I don't know how useful this info is, but hopefully getting it into the archives will help someone down the line. Feel free to say "DUH!" if this is obvious to everyone. :) To summarize the original problem: I had a database Query class derived from CRecordset. The Query (stored procedure) is called correctly by my app using the Requery() method and extracts the correct records from my Access 2002 database. Most of my class's field variables are updated perfectly -- with the excep...

enable/disable text box based on 3 combos
hi i have 3 combos (user chooses Yes or No from a drop down) and a text field that is disabled by default and i'm trying to enable if either one of these 3 combos has "NO" value. So here is what i have and it's not working so far. Private Sub Form_current() If Me.Combo1 = "NO" Then Me.Text.Enabled = True Else If Me.Combo2 = "NO" Then Me.Text.Enabled = True Else If Me.Combo3 = "NO" Then Me.Text = True Else Me.Text.Enabled = False End If End If End If End Sub Any suggestions? Thanks Text is a Reserv...