Problem when converting handwriting to text

Hi,
  I have a tablet, Motion Computing LE1700, with Windows 7 Professional 32
bits English. I installed  Office 2007 and OneNote 2007 in Spanish. I take
notes sometimes in English, sometimes in Spanish. I thought that OneNote
could convert handwriting to text in English and Spanish but it is only
working  in English. When I try to convert handwriting  in Spanish (choosing
Spanish as main language) OneNote does nothing. No error, no messages,
absolutely nothing. The same behavior happens with OneNote 2010 Beta Spanish.
Is it correct? How could I convert Spanish handwriting to text?

Thanks in advance.

onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Hi,
>   I have a tablet, Motion Computing LE1700, with Windows 7 Professional 32
> bits English. I installed  Office 2007 and OneNote 2007 in Spanish. I take
> notes sometimes in English, sometimes in Spanish. I thought that OneNote
> could convert handwriting to text in English and Spanish but it is only
> working  in English. When I try to convert handwriting  in Spanish (choosing
> Spanish as main language) OneNote does nothing. No error, no messages,
> absolutely nothing. The same behavior happens with OneNote 2010 Beta Spanish.
> Is it correct? How could I convert Spanish handwriting to text?
>
> Thanks in advance.

I think you'll need the

Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 Recognizer Pack

to be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=080184dd-5e92-4464-b907-10762e9f918b&displaylang=en

Bernd
0
Bernd
11/30/2009 12:23:17 AM
Hi, Bernd,

   Thanks for your answer but the recognizer pack is not compatible with
Windows 7 Professional. It only works with  XP.

    J. Saiz

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Hi, Bernd,
>
>    Thanks for your answer but the recognizer pack is not compatible with
> Windows 7 Professional. It only works with  XP.
>

>     J. Saiz
>

> "Bernd" wrote:
>

>> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>   I have a tablet, Motion Computing LE1700, with Windows 7 Professional 32
>>> bits English. I installed  Office 2007 and OneNote 2007 in Spanish. I take
>>> notes sometimes in English, sometimes in Spanish. I thought that OneNote
>>> could convert handwriting to text in English and Spanish but it is only
>>> working  in English. When I try to convert handwriting  in Spanish (choosing
>>> Spanish as main language) OneNote does nothing. No error, no messages,
>>> absolutely nothing. The same behavior happens with OneNote 2010 Beta Spanish.
>>> Is it correct? How could I convert Spanish handwriting to text?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>

>> I think you'll need the
>>
>> Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 Recognizer Pack
>>
>> to be found here:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=080184dd-5e92-4464-b907-10762e9f918b&displaylang=en
>>
>> Bernd
>> .

Did you try:

1. select the note with spanish handwriting
2. Tools -> Set Language (right pane) to Spanish

Bernd
0
Bernd
12/1/2009 10:41:18 PM
Hi,

   Yes, I selected Spanish as main language before trying to convert Spanish
handwriting to text.

   J. Saiz

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Hi,
>
>    Yes, I selected Spanish as main language before trying to convert Spanish
> handwriting to text.
>
>    J. Saiz

You didn't answer my question. I spoke about selecting one specific note
containing spanish text. I should have added another question about
first selecting explicitly the spanish text within the note/container.

The reason behind my question is the confusion Microsoft created around
language setting at all.

Look at these articles:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/onenote/HA102517871033.aspx
(mentions collisions between Windows and Office settings)

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA102435031033.aspx

http://www.technologyquestions.com/technology/microsoft-onenote/285339-onenote-language-corrector.html
(from a user with similar problems)

Bernd
0
Bernd
12/2/2009 2:31:56 PM
Hi,

    Maybe my answer was a bit ambiguous but I had understood your previous
message. I follow these steps:

1. Writing a handwriting note in Spanish.
2. Selecting the note using the selection tool.
3. Setting the language to Spanish
4. Invoking the command to convert handwriting to text

and the final result is nothing.

  Thanks for the articles. In relation with the third article. in my case
Spanish spelling is OK. My only problem is with handwriting conversion.

  J. Saiz

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Hi,
>
>     Maybe my answer was a bit ambiguous but I had understood your previous
> message. I follow these steps:
>
> 1. Writing a handwriting note in Spanish.
> 2. Selecting the note using the selection tool.
> 3. Setting the language to Spanish
> 4. Invoking the command to convert handwriting to text
>
> and the final result is nothing.
>
>   Thanks for the articles. In relation with the third article. in my case
> Spanish spelling is OK. My only problem is with handwriting conversion.
>

>   J. Saiz

Does the spell check work with typed in spanish text from the keyboard ?

Bernd

0
Bernd
12/2/2009 10:08:10 PM
Hi,

   Yes, the spell check works correctly with typed in Spanish text  from the
keyboard.

    J. Saiz

"Bernd" wrote:

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>

> Does the spell check work with typed in spanish text from the keyboard ?
>
> Bernd
>
> .

A formula that displays the last letter in a text
I frequently use text in cells. I use MID and LEN often enough, but is there a formula that will display the last letter in a text that will often vary in length. Thanks. Michael =RIGHT(A1,1) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob <MichaelRLanier@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0983e9df-8991-43ff-ab3a-09ee5450fbd6@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I frequently use text in cells. I use MID and LEN often enough, but > is there a formula that will display the last letter in a text that > will often vary in length. Thanks. > > Michael Hi Michael =MID(A1,...

RFX_Text converts empty strings to NULL when using ODBC and MFC
When submitting updates to the database and the column has a Not NULL constraint I get an error from the ODBC driver. It appears that the field exchange mechanism is converting the empty strings to NULL. I have seen this topic posted before, however, the solution was never presented with the post. Thanks:-) ...

Wrap Text from one cell to another cell
I want type all my text into C111 (1-3 pages worth). I want this text to automatically wrap to D111 to E111 to F111 to G111, etc. The cell appears to have a maximum limit of characters. Please help. "bras" wrote: > I want type all my text into C111 (1-3 pages worth). I want this text to > automatically wrap to D111 to E111 to F111 to G111, etc. > > The cell appears to have a maximum limit of characters. Copied from the help file:- Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar. Have y...

Convert Leads 04-26-04
Is there a chance to convert Leads without a C#-Project? In the SDK I don't find a method to do this. Can anybody help me? you mean convert to opportunity...i took a dig through the sdk and only found a method for the lead class which allows you to qualify a lead but it appears only to mark the leads as qualified rather than create an opportunity etc. "Rainer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:438901c42b7f$a7bb2fc0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a chance to convert Leads without a C#-Project? > In the SDK I don't find a method to do ...

Solver Problem
Hopefully, I have posted this in the right place . . . . I have a 2 page spreadheet. Page 1 contains data (customers, depots and locations) and a summary of the results Page 2 contains all the messy calculations (essentially calc cost of delivering to a number customers, each customer can be delivered to from a number of depots, pick a the chepaest depot for each customer, all up the total cost for all customers) I want to pick locations for the depots so that the total cost is smallest. So I tell it to use only one depot and ask solver to change the coordinates to minimise total cost.. Work...

Text in textbox is indented?
Hi, I have typed some text into a textbox. Then I think I messed with some text settings and as a result, my text is indented from the second line of each paragraph onward. Something like this: ---------------------- The text in my textbox ****begins here, ****however as you ****can see it is ****indented from ****the second line ****onward. If I start a new line ****however, the ****first line is not ****indented. ---------------------- {picture attached} I've clicked the decrease indent button many times but that doesn't change anything. Any ideas? ...

Formula for changing Text Color??
I don't know if this is even possible. What I would like to do is t input a number into a column in sheet 1 and have a correspondin number (which is already there) change font color in sheet two. So input a number, say 3 in C10 on sheet 1 and the number 3 which is i sheet 2 (c10) changes from black to red. Is this possible? thanks very much -- dan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- danh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27420 You ...

import fixed-length text file into excel
- 2 2299 Del Pietro M Wintervill NC 1:18:26 2:44:0 2:44:11 6:16 - 1 2045 Robert Marchinko M Salisbury NC 1:15:34 2:31:1 2:31:20 5:47 I have a text file where each field starts at same column and of th same length in each record. I tried cut&Paste, I tried opening it in excel as a tab delimited file I tried as a fixed-length file None of these worked. Data came in scrambled or into scrunched columns If the data were a table then cut&paste works great. What's the secret in loading above 2 records into Excel? I couldn' simulate the look ...

Mapping Cutom Picklist Problems
I am having a problem mapping a custom picklist. I created a custom attribute called New_Lender in three entities Opportunity, Quote, & Orders. I mapped these in several ways. From "Opportunity to Quote", "Quote to Order" and "Opportunity to Order". When I create an opportunity and select the appropriate lender from the picklist and continue up the process to quote or order the lender picklist does not map. I already have created other pick lists in this same way and they behave ok. I checked to see that the read only integers for the picklist matched up betwe...

Help with Exchange 5.5 Queue problem
Okay, first off, I inherited this Exchange server. It has been over 5 years since I last touched one of these. Client noticed that no e-mails were being sent out. I checked the IMC queues and they were packed full of email going to .tw, .fr, .de, etc. Disconnected the ethernet cable from the back of the box. Ran the much needed virus check and got rid of 225 Netsky and Beagle viruses. Reran a few times just to be on the safe side - server is clean (latest norton updates). And made sure that relaying was also turned off - just for fun. Cleaned out the queues (deleted the contents of the ...

CButton: Change size based upon text extent
I'd like to dynamically change the size of my CButton derived control based upon the text/bitmap size. So if the application calls SetWindowText during program flow the button rect will update. What's the best way to capture this and override the rect size? Thanks Eric You can use SetWindowPos to change its size. You can handle WM_SETTEXT and see what text is being set to, calculate the size of the button, change its size and then call the base class handler. --- Ajay "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1145984489.865667.169280@e56...

E-Mail-Router Problem
CRM-Version 3 RTM (german) We have the problem, that while trying to route incomming e-mails to CRM the following soap-error-messsage in the event-viewer appears as mentioned below. We created an dissabled account ("CRMRouter") on AD for the e-mail-Router and activated the "CRMMailEnabled"-attribute. After installing the Router on the exchange-server we used the rule-deployment-assistant to create the rule for copying the mails, which are send to an specific user to the CRMRouter-account. Then the router should take this mails and create activities in CRM. But we...

OL2002 Folder refresh problem
Hi all, I already posted this request, now I try to be more specific. I've 2 pc with MSOffice 2002 sp2 (I done Office Update). Here, when new mail arrives in inbox, I don't see "New mail message" alert until I click somewhere in OL folder treeview. As the same, if I send a mail, I see my message in Outbox even if mail is already delivered. When I click somewhere in treeview my mail goes in "Sent items". Note: Mail server has MSExchange 2000 sp3. Clients with OL2000 or OL2002 SP1 have no problems. -- Giulio Searching and searching and searching... I found s...

Exchange 5.5: License problem stopping outgoing mail for new users. (urgent)
Hi, We have an Exchange 5.5 mailserver on 2000Server, and a 2003 server as main server, both are in the Active Dir and the mailserver has been DCPromo:ed. Problem: I activated the licensing service on the servers a while ago, and since then the last added user, and any user I add, cannot send mail externally. Internal mail sends fine, but anything external comes back as "Message delivery failed due to a limitation in the system". (translated from Swedish) When I look at the licenses for Exchange, at the 2003- server, I see 116 CALs. We use about 50 (per seat). When I look a...

Exchange 2007 problem replying or forwarding certain emails through OWA
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01CB0D66.C0DA2C20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This is a weird one, hoping for some guidance. I have a strictly OWA user reporting issues trying to forward/reply = certain emails that are in his Sent Items folder. I'm able to duplicate = the issue here from a completely different PC. The vast majority of = emails seem fine, but when replying/forwarding some of the emails OWA = triggers an error. All emails that I can find to trig...

Need Help Converting over to Outlook From Express
OK, I have been using OE for about 2-3 years now for my Email and Newsgroup reader. This past Christmas, I got a Pocket PC that came with Outlook 2002. I plan to use t to be able to keep track of my appointments and such but I would also like to use it as my new email reader. I also would like to use it for newsgroups, if that's possible. Is there a way that I can transfer all my settings, emails and newsgroup information over to Outlook or am I forced to just start from scratch? Thanks JTMcD OL has no Newsreader capability. In OL News is accessed via the OE newsreader as it is from...

Problem with keyboard input being locked in a form
I have a *very* weird problem (Access 97) that first developed sporadically a couple of days ago while working, and that now happens all the time. The symptom is this: When I try to edit the controls on the form, keyboard input is ignored. It's not the keyboard, because in the Immediate Window I can still type. It's not a record lock, because I can open the table and edit the record without problems. The controls are not locked if I check the .Locked property in the Immediate window. The underlying recordsource is not uneditable because I can change values in the underlying ...

How do I format text as a bulleted item in Excel? Is it possible?
It's a manual effort. You can use Insert|Symbol (if you're using xl2002+) or copy the bullet you want from CharMap. (Windows start button|charmap). You'll have to select that character in the formulabar and change the font to what you want. Chip Pearson has an addin that may help (if you're using xl2k or lower). http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm (look for Symbolizer and make sure you get the correct version) DRB wrote: -- Dave Peterson Dave Peterson <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote in news:43062E62.984DE524@verizonXSPAM.net: > Or with: http://...

What are the zig zag lines under text?
I've got tiny black zig zag lines under my text. They're not spelling errors, because spell check is completed. I can't view what the document layout looks like because of these nasty little lines. Word 2007, print layout view. It indicates hidden text. If you toggle off the ShowAll command, the text will disappear. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Pamoola55" <Pamoola55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:703BB6D0-A3AD-4A8E-B10C-901BD7EAE3E5@microsoft.com... > I've got tiny black zig zag lines under my text. They're not s...

Convert Access Database to Excel?
I am a very new Access/Excel user. Is it possible to convert an Access database to Excel? Thank you -- mae Somewhat. At the core of Access, there are tables which are easily transferrable to Excel. Limitations are that Access can store MANY more records/rows than Excel (pre-2007) can hold. To check, open up the Access tables, and see how many records there are. (note that its from here you can easily select all data, copy, and paste into XL) Typically, Access is used when dealing with large amount of records, or if you need lots of interactions/relations between the tables. But, wit...

Grouping/ungrouging problem
I have several rows which give me the totals of information in other sheets. Let's put it graphically: This is my main sheet: _____________________________________ : Type 1 Type 2 : Category A 50 40 : Category B 20 10 : -------------------- : TOTAL 70 50 : :____________/ Sheet 1 - Totals \____________ The information of the different categories come from sheets like this: _____________________________________ : Date Type 1 Type 2 : xx/xx/xx 15 ...

Work Order Partial Close Problem
Does anyone know of a way to close a partial Work Order where the deposit is not equal to the full amount. For example- Customer comes in and orders 4 pieces of furniture for $1000 and pays deposit of $600. 3 pieces we have in stock and deliver them to customer, 1 piece out standing on Purchase Order 10 week delivery. 3 pieces delivered retail for $600 and we would like to close them off the Work Order. If the Order had a deposit for the full amount no problem. As POS is, it will not let you do a Partial Pick Up if the order is not paid in full. Thanks in advance, Edward Jensen ...

export problems for Excel
Hi all, Some of our users experience problems with exports to MS Excel. The thing is that currencies are not recognized by Excel as such, e.g. the Est. Revenue (from the Opportunity view) column is displayed there as text. Trying to resolve this by changing the format for the column in Excel actually doesn't help, as the figures e.g. can still not be used for formulas. Is this fixed by changing general settings in Excel? Can someone tell what settings? Thank you for replying, Basman What version of Excel are your users running? I haven't been able to recreate this. When I expor...

Problem in saving data in the customized case entity
Hi all, We have a Customized Case Entity in CRM 3.0 about a Patient ,with each case having detailed information like history,insurance,case contacts,Schedules etc On Visit Schedules, we have attributes like order shipped date and fax order received etc. when I enter the shipped date and save it the modified by field has the System account instead of the user who is modifying. We have to reassign the system user to the User who is actually modifying it manually.This happens for all the users in CRM. Can anyone guess where the problem could be? Thanks Karthik Generally, the SYSTEM us...

Importing Text file....need to manipulate text and spread across multiple columns.
I receive a number of different data files in varying formats. In orde to effectively review the information, however, I need to format it an sort it in a way that makes the data useful. Here is an example o what I have (this infromation has been scrubbed) : <Seam> First Name Neelakan Ready <Seam> Last Name Chin <Seam> Address 31 Bloomfield Lane,Apt #215 <Seam> City Auburn <Seam> State Michigan <Seam> Post Code 48336 <Seam> Country USA Here is what I want: USERID First Name Last Name Address City <Seam>...