Panning and scrolling with tablet pen

Hi all,

Is there a way to scroll and pan with the tablet pen? Like the 'hand' button
that is found is many applications. Even suggestions for a way that it could
be implemented programatically would be appreciated.

Thanks,
omega
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Omega wrote:
> Is there a way to scroll and pan with the tablet pen? Like the 'hand'
> button that is found is many applications. Even suggestions for a way
> that it could be implemented programatically would be appreciated.

There is no such feature.
One can only use the scrollbars.

Rainald
1
Rainald
3/21/2010 1:15:51 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Is there a sufficient API to develop such a feature?
Such that the mouse is clicked (or pen is tapped) that the distance moved in
any direction would be used to scroll in the relevant direction?

Thanks,
Omega.

Omega wrote:
> "Rainald Taesler" wrote:
>> Omega wrote:

>> > Is there a way to scroll and pan with the tablet pen? Like the
>> > 'hand' button that is found is many applications. Even suggestions
>> > for a way that it could be implemented programatically would be
>> > appreciated.
>>
>> There is no such feature.
>> One can only use the scrollbars.

> Thanks for your reply. Is there a sufficient API to develop such a
> feature? Such that the mouse is clicked (or pen is tapped) that the
> distance moved in any direction would be used to scroll in the
> relevant direction?

What I did not have on mind when writing my last posting:
ON2010 gas a "panning hand" as a feature.

Therefore IMHO there would be no use in trying to create something of
your own.

Download the Office2010 Beta and install ON2010.
AFAICS your wish will be fulfilled.

Rainald

0
Rainald

Cannot scroll in outlook 2000 address book
Cannot get the microsoft intelli explorer whell mouse to scroll the address book. Installed latest drivers. I have seen this scroll bar work in Outlook 98. I tried a support fix from microsoft but still doesn't work. Please help. ...

Scrolling through large view area.
Hello. After a lot of hard work on an application to give a GUI to otherwise command-line analysis tools, I've come across a disheartening design flaw, and I've only a week left before my internship is over. As such, I'm hoping someone can help me figure out how to take care of the following problem. When this application loads a file, it puts information from the file onto a CListView-esque grid control (The MFC Grid Control 2.25 from www.codeproject.com), and that grid control handles most of the issues. However, when I load large files and try to resize row heights, it take...

Turning off Page Number on Scroll
When using the scroll bar to move through a multi-page word document a small yellow box appears with the current page number displayed in it. Is there any way to turn that feature off? Hi In Word's preferences on the VIEW tab you can turn off horizontal and vertical scroll bars. Un-checking the preferences would get rid of the page numbers, but has the side effect of also eliminating the scroll bars. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Google sear...

Auto scroll to current date
My worksheet is formatted like a calendar for a full year, i.e. S M T W Th F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 .... Is there a way to auto scroll in Workbook_Open to the week of th current date? Thanks, Stev -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Steve, The first day of 2004 was a Thursday. Shouldn't your calendar heading then start with Thursday? '----------------------------------- Sub FindTheRow() 'Jim Cone 07/13/04 Dim lngRow As Long Dim x As Date Dim y As Date Dim z As Double 'Find the serial number for Jan 01, 2004 x = DateSerial(2004, 1, 1) 'Find today'...

Help! Bullen's Scroll/Zoom chart
Hello - I was lucky enough to run across Stephen Bullen's Scroll/Zoom a chart (found here: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/FunChrt7.zip) -- it's almost exactly what I need. However, I'm hoping that someone can help me modify this chart to really get me where I want to be ... The charting technique that Stephen has allows users to Zoom/Scroll through a lengthy set of data -- the data is setup so that one column contains labels and one contains data, using OFFSET formulas to control the Zoom/Sroll feature. What I want to do is have SEVERAL columns make up my horizontal axis labels! ...

How do I set a maximum value for the scroll bars in Excel?
When I use the scroll bars to navigate my worksheet, they go way beyond the last row I've used and the last column that I've used, which is annoying. I have checked to see if there is some random data in any of the additional unused cells and am not able to find any. I have tried unsuccessfully to delete the rows and columns and to delete the cells or cell content. It appears that the solution has to do with the "maximum value" of the scroll bars, but I can't find out how to set that. I'm using Excel 2000. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks! Debra Dalgle...

Business Portal Project Timesheet date header dissappear when scroll down
In Business Portal Project timesheet, when scroll down the cost category, the date header is dissappear from the page, is this a design fault ? For project will large no of cost category, it is very in-convenient as we did not know whether the hours being keyed into the correct date. Please advise. Thanks ...

Keeping Row 1 At Top When Scrolling?
How do i make it so that the top row, row 1, stays at the top of my sheet no matter how far i scroll down the page? Many thanks Kev. Kev, Select cell A2 and then go to the Window menu and choose Freeze Panes. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "KMc" <mcauley@ourgeneration.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:bf0re3$uoe$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk... > How do i make it so that the top row, row 1, stays at the top of my sheet no > matter how far i scroll down the page? > > Ma...

Scrolling problem #2
Hello, My customer has a workbook with multiple sheets. Everything is fine except he can't scroll one of the sheets anymore.. He told me everything was fine a few days ago. The scrollbar is visible and I also tried arrow-keys navigation; it just doesn't scroll. When I jump to a specific cell, I see the data in the formula bar but it keeps displaying the same page (top page). Scrolling works perfectly within all the other sheets. The sheet uses some external data (access database) which I'm not familiar with, but it looks OK since it connects/updates the data from the sou...

CScrollView with flat scroll bars?
Hello, Is it possible to get CScrollView class window with flat scroll bars? Thanks in advance. Michael ...

CRichEditCtrl not auto vertical scrolling
I am using a CRichEditCtrl as an editor in an IDE that I have developed. I have support for syntax highlighting. Before doing the syntax highlighting I do several things like suspend the undo and LockWindowUpdate. I also call SetOptions as follows: GetRichEditCtrl().SetOptions(ECOOP_XOR, ECO_AUTOWORDSELECTION | ECO_AUTOHSCROLL | ECO_AUTOVSCROLL | ECO_SAVESEL); After syntax highlighting I call SetOptions as follows: GetRichEditCtrl().SetOptions(ECOOP_OR, ECO_WANTRETURN | ECO_AUTOWORDSELECTION | ECO_AUTOHSCROLL | ECO_AUTOVSCROLL | ECO_SAVESEL); This works fine, however, it disables auto v...

vertical scroll bar display bug?
I am having a display issue with a form that I am using as a subform in datasheet view. When run alone everything works fine but as a subform it does not initially display a vertical scroll bar even though there are more records than can be displayed in the space available. To see the other records it is necessary to use the navigation buttons on the keyboard to move down the list. Scroll bars will appear once navigation forces a row over the top end but all records below the original set of visible records will not show any dividing lines between rows. This subform drives another subf...

How can I scroll page up/down with arrow keys
I am doing a project on Access 2003. I have a long form and needs to scroll up/down often, That I am doing with my mouse well and Scrollbar. But I want to scroll up/down with my up/down arrow keys. I want to scroll 1 inche down everytime I press my down arrow. I understand I have to write a code onkey up/down properties. Can someone help me to write the code, plz? Thanks, Here's some code from Allen Browne that does that. Put the code in a standard module. Call it like this: Call ContinuousUpDown(Me, KeyCode), in the form's KeyDown event. Private Sub Form_KeyDown...

32-bit scrolling for the CTreeView
Hello! Could anybody help me with this? MFS class CTreeView is used in the existent project - class CLeftView:public CTreeView.The problem is that I have more than 65,535 items in the tree. WM_VSCROLL provide only 16 bits of position data. According to MSDN GetScrollInfo & SetScrollInfo functions should be used in that case, which provide 32 bits of scroll-bar position data. Unfortunately, my attepmts to fix this issue using above-mentioned functions (see code below) were unsuccessful. What is wrong? Maybe it's any kind of limitation? void CLeftView::OnVScroll(UINT nSBCode, UIN...

Scroll
I can't scroll in one tab of a spreadsheet. It works in other tabs. Problem is when i click and drag a range, or use the scroll wheel on my mouse, the sheet won't scroll. Anyone else had this problem? see if you have a frozen pane under 'window' "C. Roenbaugh" <croenbaugh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1167339567.247697.67200@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I can't scroll in one tab of a spreadsheet. It works in other tabs. > Problem is when i click and drag a range, or use the scroll wheel on my > mouse, the sheet won't scroll. Anyo...

Scroll Through Pivot Table Entries
XL 2007 XP I have a pivot table chart. The chart is setup to show only one entry at at time. I have with many different entries, 197 total, in the Report Filter, however, as mentioned above I only want it to display one entry at at time. Is there a way to create a scroll bar from the Forms toolbar and use that so that it causes the chart to scroll through each entry one at a time? Thanks ...

Is it possble that a chart move while you scroll
A table has many fields, the chart location above the table on the same sheet. While scrolling to see the data in the table, the chart is not visible. Is there a way to keep chart always show as you scroll? Thanks much!! Put the chart in a high region of your worksheet and select a cell in a row under the chart. Go to the menu and click Window / Freeze Panes. The region above and left from the selected cell are frozen (remain visible) when you scroll. To undo, go to Window / Unfreeze panes. GL, Henk "luvgreen" wrote: > A table has many fields, the chart location above t...

custom pen
Hello How to create custom pen (with symbol and mask) ? Symbol - character to draw ("a" for example) Mask - sequence/pattern, how to draw line with symbol (for example symbol/symbol/space) ____________________ (solid line) aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa (custom line) I would like to use this pen with PolyPolyline method... Thanks in advance Piotr Hi GDI does not support such custom pens. Maybee GDI+ does, I don't know. Otherwise, you'd need to implement your own line drawing routine and draw symbols at specific intervals. regards Tomaz "Piotr Wi´┐Żniewski"...

IE Kiosk Mode vertical scroll bar?
IE7, IE8 etc. IE has supported using F11 to toggle kiosk mode on and off and all vestiges of the browser disappear --EXCEPT-- a vertical scroll bar on the right. Is it possible to not display the vertical scrollbar? In any circumstances? F11 is full screen mode, not kiosk mode. "How to use Kiosk Mode in Microsoft Internet Explorer" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/154780 --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est Hillbilly wrote: > IE7, IE8 etc. IE has supported using F11 to toggle kiosk mode on and off > and all vestiges of the browser disappear --EXCEPT-- a ve...

Unable to lock scroll area or Cell selection
Hi, I'm trying to lock the scroll area on my worksheet. In VB I've got: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Board").EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells Worksheets("Board").ScrollArea = "$A$1:$u$21" End Sub In the sheet Properties I input: EnableSelection 1-xlUnlockedCells ScrollArea $A$1:$u$21 I save. I protect the sheet. I save again. This works when I go into the sheet, the necessary cells cannot be selected and the scroll area is locked the way I want. I save and close, but upon opening the VB code ...

Tried a tablet w/OneNote yesterday: COOL
I made my next-to-ultimate[1] geek pilgrimage yesterday: to the Microsoft store in Mission Viejo, California. What a playground! They had some new HP tablet PCs, so I was finally able to try out a tablet and fiddle with OneNote on that platform. Even MY lousy handwriting converted to text just fine! Thanks very much to Vivian, JP and Jimmy for their kind attention. They WILL get a sale out of this visit, eventually, once my finances allow it. Sorry I couldn't buy a bunch of stuff that day, though. :( //Steve// Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS Wildomar, California, USA Ema...

On-Click Events and motion tablet signature boxes?
I have a fairly involved form with 54 option frames. Each frame has 4 option buttons (IN, OUT, N/A, N/O). I already have the option frames setup to update their status in a table with numbers (1,2,3,4) and all this is linked to a specific record number that is auto generated. I can create multiple records that retain my choices for all 54 option frames. What I want to do now is create a table with a list of pre-written comments and an event on each option frame so if I select OUT it will select a specific comment for that specific option. I might select OUT on the option ...

Charts from Pivot Tabels without Scroll Down Bar
Is there an easy way to create a chart from a pivot table without the scroll down bar as shown in the pivot table? On the PivotTable toolbar, choose PivotChart>Hide PivotChart Field Buttons Angel wrote: > Is there an easy way to create a chart from a pivot table without the scroll > down bar as shown in the pivot table? -- Debra Dalgleish Contextures http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Wonderful - Thanks so much "Angel" wrote: > Is there an easy way to create a chart from a pivot table without the scroll > down bar as shown in the pivot table? ...

scroll bar with check boxes
I have dates as x-axis values and six corresponding columns as y-axis values (Data range- A1:G20 for example). I am using a scatter chart and would like to create a chart with checkboxes and a scroll bar to view data over different periods with dieffrent coulmns checked. The problem is the folowing: All the examples I've seen links data ranges to offset formulas in the name>define box. These newly named ranges are then used as values in the series values (x and y)boxes in the chart wizzard (or source data) This method means that check boxes or scroll bars can be used seperately and...

Change the size of a horzintal and vertical scroll bar
Hi, The default horizontal and vertical scroll bars in a listbox is too thick for my application. What would be the easiest way to make these scroll bars thinner. The listbox resides inside the dialog box. Thank You! See if this will help you out http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/resizescrollbar.asp AliR. "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote in message news:%23PfFcQCGFHA.2928@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > The default horizontal and vertical scroll bars in a listbox is too > thick for my application. What would be the easiest way...