Onenote video playback freezes

When I record a video with my usb logitech webcam, the video playback always
freezes after 1 second (although the time bar continues).

However, when I use the camera integrated into my laptop the playback works
fine.

Please help as I want to record myself writing something in onenote.

Thank you
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Overlaying a text box on a video
I am using PowerPoint X for Mac. I have a video with identifying information displayed in the top corner and I would like to overlay a black box over this information in order to prevent it from being visible. However, when the video is played, the black box moves behind the video after the first frame is played and the identifying information becomes visible. Is there anyway to prevent this? Thanks. You could do this in PPT 2010, but it's still in beta -- and it's for the PC. Otherwise, video always plays on top. You'll need to edit it in video editing software and r...

Exchange server hangs/freezes
Exchange server keeps freezing. I have to reboot it to get it going. I ran the netsky tool but it did not finish it freezes as well. You know email is the life of the company. Help me please Hi It would be extremely difficult to troubleshooting this problem without a lot more information, I would suggest you place a call with Microsoft Product Support and have them work with you on resolving the problem. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "habutti" <habutti@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Video projector for PPt
I want to purchase a projector that can be used for ppt presentations by inexperienced operators. We are a non-profit group that gives presentations - mostly at libraries. We would prefer to have a unit that does not require a connection to a PC. Are there units that can present PPT using data from a flash drive? Any recommendations? In article <E5EA9987-BF42-4050-9AC0-D073E65A8184@microsoft.com>, All-in-one John wrote: > I want to purchase a projector that can be used for ppt presentations by > inexperienced operators. We are a non-profit group that gives prese...

Jerky Video Streaming
Video streaming from hulu.com becomes jerky when displayed full screen, small size is smooth. This is what I have tried to do: 1. Turn off hardware acceleration. 2. Turn off video acceleration. 3. Cleaned up the registry, temp files, history, etc. 4. Turn off all other applications including screen saver. Nothing helped. DSL connection is 1.5MBPS. Any thoughts? Thanks, Vic Whenever you ask a question about Internet Explorer, please tell us: * what version of Internet Explorer you are using; and * what version of Windows you are using (with the service pack number)....

Freezing the cell (with Random formula)
Everytime I copy the cell (wth rand() formula) and paste it to another cell (use paste special - value - ok), the value of the original cell changes. How can I freeze the value of the original cell? Thanks a lot !! SEE! I'm not the only one! :) I have been trying to figure that one out for weeks. "Christy" <Christy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43B71A83-248D-4715-B751-8A0BCF7F10B8@microsoft.com... > Everytime I copy the cell (wth rand() formula) and paste it to another > cell > (use paste special - value - ok), the value of the origina...

Outlook 2000 freezes
Sometimes Outlook 2000 will freeze on me when I try to send emails with HTML in them, with plain text it's not a problem. I do have all updates from MS loaded & installed. My PST file is 850 MB, and I believe that Outlook 2000 should be good for a PST of 2 GB, correct? Any ideas? Thanks, Lukas ...

fixing or freezing cell links
I have a multi-sheet workbook in which forumlas in one sheet link to cells on subsequent sheets. When I insert a column in one of the referred to sheets the forumlas automatically change to the "new" location (e.g. C25 become D25). Is there a way to prevent the forumlas from changing as I insert columns? Hi try =INDIRECT("'sheet1'!C25") >-----Original Message----- >I have a multi-sheet workbook in which forumlas in one sheet link to cells on subsequent sheets. When I insert a column in one of the referred to sheets the forumlas automatically change to the...

Outlook 2K freezing on Japanese characters.
This is a problem that I have seen a couple of times but have not been successful in fixing except to rebuild the entire machine. Whenever an email with a non-English character set comes into the inbox, the client freezes when you select that email. I have installed multilingual support, although from the documentation I have read this is for editing not viewing the messages. Nothing I have done seems to work in fixing this problem. Any suggestions? Ivan email.ivan@nrsweb.com ...

Microsoft CRM Outlook Freezes or hangs with any action
Outlook freezes or hangs with every action, even when tracking emails, this has gone on for so long. can any one help???? When we migrated from goldmine to crm, we had hundreds of thousands of records. When using the Outlook client for the first time, we noticed this as well. It turned out that Outlook was syncing with the CRM database. You can check this by going to the CRM drop down and choosing sync progress, or the like. Christine wrote: > Outlook freezes or hangs with every action, even when tracking emails, this > has gone on for so long. can any one help???? Also confirm the f...

video frame rate in WMP
I have created an AVI file thru some software which I have written. There is no compression used. Each frame is 100x100 pixels. I am recording 120 frames per second. When I try to play the video back, the video plays slowly. WMP reports the duration of the video to be, say, 10 seconds. However, it takes 20 seconds to reach the end of the video. There is no audio. When I scaled back the frame rate as an experiment (60 Hz), the actual duration matched the reported duration. When I used a codec, there was no change. Any thoughts as to the cause of this? Thanks, Ric...

Public Folders freeze
When I go into ESM and try to look at the public folders it just freezes up the whole ESM and I have to use task manager to end it. Does anyone know what the heck causes this? What I am trying to do is delete a public folder, but I cant do it from outlook. Here are my system stats. Exchange 2003 std Server 2003 std Outlook 2002 SP3 Any help would be great. Thanks Where are you expanding from, the public folder hierarchy or the actual store? Prob a misconfigured association with your pf store and tree. If you can answer the question, we can prob help pinpoint your issue. James Chong rya...

Outlook 2007 freezing uppon clicking 'To...'
Hi all, I have 2 installations with a strange behavior. When I click 'To...' in a new message Address Book is opening but after that Outlook is freezing and became a nonclickable one :( The same situation can repeat 25 time, and only 26th is good enough to choose from the address book. Any workaround? Thanks in advance This is a very common problem which Microsoft claims they cannot reproduce and therefore cannot solve. Anecdotal reports claim the following may help: 1. Look for and correct a corrupt address in the Contacts displayed in the Outlook Address Book (especially i...

Question about freezing cells
My Excel skills aren't the best. I can do some real basic things but because I don't do a lot with Excel, I still need help. Is there a way to freeze both a row and a column at the same time? We use Excel 2000 at work to keep track of available accrued STD (short-term disability). The employees names are in the first column and the pay period is about row 6. I would like to be able to freeze the worksheet so that I can still see the employee name and the pay period date without hiding columns. (Sometimes you need to see when the employee used some of that time.) I know I can d...

How do I prevent Outlook from freezing?
I am having an issue with Outlook 2002 and 2003; they freeze on a regular basis, especially in the morning when opening for the first time. Not using Word as the email editor seems to help; are there any suggestions on what the problem could be? You cannot have 2 versions of Outlook on the same computer. "Rebecca" wrote: > I am having an issue with Outlook 2002 and 2003; they freeze on a regular > basis, especially in the morning when opening for the first time. Not using > Word as the email editor seems to help; are there any suggestions on what the > problem co...

Search Freezes
I posted a similar question before and now I am updating it. Windows XP SP3; Internet Explorer 8 When I make a search from Start > Search it list a number of files but half way freezes. I have to shut it donw in the Task Manager. If I right click the drive ans Search I get a higher number of files and ends normally. I now found out that when I go Start > Search, select Document and enter what I am searching for it will freeze. But if I click on Use Advanced Search Option ( which it already has a red tick on it) and without changing any of the parameter, search will be com...

Freezing Top and Bottom Rows
Can I Freeze both Top and bottom pane on my worksheet, so when I scrool up an down I can see them both. Thanks /keith Keith No. Just the top row(s) can be frozen. Sort of work-around.....Window>New Window>Arrange>Horizontal. Have one skinny window at bottom and freeze top row in top window. Turn off row and column headers, scroll bars and sheet tabs on skinny window. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 00:47:58 GMT, "Keith Camacho" <kfcam@earthlink.net> wrote: >Can I Freeze both Top and bottom pane on my worksheet, so when I scrool up >an dow...

Mail getting stuck on recieving .... freezes
All of a sudden ... incoming mail freezes and I have to log out and then end to get new email ... just started happening since last microsoft vista update .... What can I do ...??? Which third party security programs are you running? Some of them are not very compatible with Windows Mail, and new incompatibilities tend to occur when updates are installed. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Gary in INDY" <Gary in INDY @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in = message news:4B02A2A6-4D65-4...

Outlook 2003 Freezes!!
I just got Outlook 2003 about 2 weeks ago. There has not been one day that it has locked up at least 4 or 5 times a day. There is not pattern for the lock ups. Sometimes it does checking mail, sometimes when I am working with the Calendar, sometimes when I am just wanting to miniumize it. I have tried Detect and Repair still have problems. I have uninstalled/reinstalled still locks up. I had OutlookXP previously, it worked fine, no problems. I am really frustrated. It is especially frustrating when I have people standing at my desk waiting for me to pull up the Calendar so I can get th...

MS Publisher 2003 irritatingly freezing all the time
Hi everyone I am running into a very frustrating issue with Publisher. I am a Publisher first time user. I am running Win XP with Office 2003 on it. I can open Publisher files (with some delay but that is not the real issue) but whenever I try to edit it, for example, I double click on a text box to edit it, the program freezes, sometimes it allows me in the text box after about 5-10 minutes of freeze, sometimes it does not and I have to kill the process from Task Manager. I initially thought that the problem was that my file was too big, it is 245 MB. So I created another publisher file...

Post-it note like tool for OneNote
When pasting an actual word or pdf file in OneNote for annotation, is there a way to insert someting similar to a post-it note so that the comments stand out and don't get lost in the original text? Acrobat has such a feature and I wonder if it is available either in ON 2007 or 2010. Many thanks. Hi there, You can insert "flags" in OneNote to help make them stand out. To add a note tag: - Place the pointer in the paragraph that you want to tag. - On the *Standard* toolbar, click the arrow next to the *Tags* button, and then click the note tag you wa...

windows freezes at login and safe mode dont work!
my computer was working fine until my 11 year old got ahold of it and i saw she was in the msconfig screen unchecking things by the time i could say stop she restarted the netbook and now it freezes after i enter a password in at log in. i tried starting in safe mode and it freezes there also. i have tried everything even debugging mode still freezes. how can i get back in a fix what she did? please remember this a netbook im using "NO CD ROM" and no disk came with it. thanks for any help you might be able to give robbie robbie wrote: > my computer was workin...

edgewood video
Chris, Thanks so very much for the Edgewood video and JR Hall's cd. I had no idea that there was one of those. The new video is perfect and so is the first one after I finally figured out how to play it properly. All of you did a wonderful job, but I do have one question about your "cut and paste" on Sara's interview. Where on earth did the Audubon Wild Turkey come from? I have it here and am thinking about donating it back to go over the dining room mantle where it belongs. Have not quite made up my mind yet. Thanks again for all of your hard work and th...

sql server freezes excel
Hello, I'm using sql server's DTS to import an excel spreadsheet. This works fine, apart from after I have used the DTS package, I then cannot open an excel spreadsheet. I click on the spreadsheet I want to open, in the same way as usual, and the outline of the spreadsheet appears, with the toolbar along the top, but instead of the spreadsheet data, this frame contains a replica of the desktop, as if the application was frozen. The application is still running though - the toolbar works, but if you move the application around the screen it leaves ghosting marks..... If I shut down ...

New page on Video Carrdds
I have created a new page on video cards from my forum and from my reviews etc. Lots of helpful information with more to come. Vendor neutral its meant to be helpful without a vendor calling the shots. -- http://contract-developer.dyndns.biz ...

PC freezes after upgrades
After the last upgrades were installed, my computer now freezes up after intervals of non-use. It no longer goes to "sleep" mode - just freezes; screen is up but no curser or keyboard control. I have to manually turn it off and on. Service Pack KB948465 seems to be the problem. Could this be? -- mpaintmd mpaintmd2431 wrote: > After the last upgrades were installed, my computer now freezes up after > intervals of non-use. It no longer goes to "sleep" mode - just freezes; > screen is up but no curser or keyboard control. I have to manually turn it...