OneNote lost all my meeting notes

I opened OneNote one day and all my meeting notes were gone. Also, all the
pre-installed templates ("travel", etc.) were gone as well.

A search turned up bits and pieces sprinkled in different folders all over
my C drive. I am trying to piece hundreds of documents back together.

I thought this was supposed me make my life easier.....

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5d568576-e71c-4218-886d-6937dad6aaab&dg=microsoft.public.onenote
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I'm not sure if I understand what happened.
OneNote files don't just dissapear or get moved around out of the blue. Was
there something you did prior to that that could help us understand the issue?

"Sebastian" wrote:

> I opened OneNote one day and all my meeting notes were gone. Also, all the
> pre-installed templates ("travel", etc.) were gone as well.
>
> A search turned up bits and pieces sprinkled in different folders all over
> my C drive. I am trying to piece hundreds of documents back together.
>
> I thought this was supposed me make my life easier.....
>
> ----------------
The exact same thing happened to me and I was wondering if you got your
issue resolved and how. I did run some cleaners recently like cc Cleaner and
Spybot and  my AVG anti virus has alerted me to a Trojan and one other threat
file they could not send to their quarantine vault. Don't know if that has
caused my problem with One Note- Never had this happen before and I don't
know where back up files might be or how to begin to fix this.

Calendar meeting or appointment not updating
Apologies if this is duplicated, I tried posting a new question and it crashed on submission so not sure if it will appear twice or not...apologies if it does. Hi all I have a strange problem with the Outlook calendar that I am hoping that someone can give me some help with. I have several users that are assistants to departmental heads, if they edit/delete meetings/appointments from their bosses calendar then the changes are not reflected when their boss looks at their calendar within Outlook. I havent checked as of the time of posting this message whether its the same ...

Outlook 2003
This has happened to me before and I refuse to fix it the way I did last time. Last time I had to format the hard drive and start from scratch. So I am hoping someone in here can tell me the answer. I followed instructions for adding "News" to the Go toolbar in Outlook 2003. It works until you start Outlook again and low and behold there is no "News" link to the news reader any more. Not a trace of it anywhere in Outlook. Not even in the "Add buttons" to tool bars area. Does anyone have any earthly idea how to recover the news reader link in Outlook 2003???...

meeting attachment
I am using Outlook 2007. Is there anyway to attach a file to a meeting request so that it the attachment is not part of the message body? It's not part of the body; it is only displayed there. This is because the invite is sent in RTF. You cannot change that. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "mrbsaved" <mrbsaved@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Meeting request
It works fine when the users connected to the exchange server directly. If the user using pop3 to collect their email from the exchange server, they can only get the invitation in mail format (not in icalender format): "When: Thursday, 7 April 2005 6:00 PM-6:30 PM (GMT+10:00) Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney. *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Microsoft Outlook Web Access: http://MASTER/Exchange/test1/Inbox/1.EML?cmd=open" If the invitation send to someone in external organization, they can receive the invitation in icalender format. Pls help Ted Li ...

Outlook 98 Sticky Notes
Hi there - using Outlook 98 with Exchange Server 5.5 (sp4) on an NT4 platform. One user has developed a problem whereby all the notes shown within Outlook view seem to have the same date. Normally I wouldn't bother too much as it's not a major issue, however when the user is a Director I have to get it fixed asap as presumably it is 'Business Critical'. Anybody ever seen this before or have any advice. The Outlook issue I mean, not the Director. Thanks in advance. Dunsyd Is this the create or the modified date? An import and/or folder move of the items can change these dates....

Lost personal folder, can't retrive them at all
I receive a msg that there is an error in opening the inbox it was a grey box in the body of the outlook and prompted me to close this diagloge and go to inbox repair tool to fix the problem, I closed the outlook and try to fix run the orignal office Cds to repair and after that I open the outlook it gave me the same problem so I point the cursor to the personal folder and with right click I press close personal folders. I did look for backup pst files and restored it but they were very old and not the same accounts, I thought I am sure I can open it again but now I cant seem to find...

Attaching a 'Notes' Window when Clicking in a CSliderCtrl
Hello everyone, I am trying to create a CSliderCtrl in a dialog. I want to provide the following ability: When the SliderCtrl is clicked, a small Edit box/Dialog should pop up (Like Post-It Notes) with Save and Cancel Options and the user should be able to write stuff to it. Can anyone suggest a good way of accomplishing this? Thank you. This is a bit tricky. For example, if you are "clicking" on a slider control, the focus is on the slider control. If you switch the focus to an edit control, the slider control loses focus and you can't click it again, because the edit contr...

new line in mail in notes from VB
Hi, I have set up a bit of VB code send automated mail from Excel..... however i dont know how to start a new line in the mail.... everything I enter goes on the same line. Does anyone know how i can put tables into my automated mail, or even just copy a range of cell and have them inserted? any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. never mind, i got it.... it was "body.addnewline" how did i not get it sooner?! ...

Questions
I am a new user of OneNote and have several questions. I have looked in the help files, but have not found answers to the following: How to: - change the default font for all future notes - remove the ruled lines as a default for all future pages/sections/notebooks - sort tags by category with the oldest tag at the top of the list as opposed to the newest tag - sort tags by category and then sub category if two tags are used on the same note Thank you, Ricki Since my newsreader kind of sucks right now I can�t reply inline so.. - default font, go to Tools->Opt...

lost outlook folder
I keep a "client" subfolder in my "contacts" folder in my Outlook. It just disappeared for no reason. Where can I find it? Did you check your deleted folder? Or the deleted folder in your personal folders? >-----Original Message----- >I keep a "client" subfolder in my "contacts" folder in my >Outlook. It just disappeared for no reason. Where can I >find it? >. > ...

interstore transfer lost in HQ
We have had an ongoing problem though all the RMS versions with inter-store transfers not completing from the sending store to the receiving store. The tell-tale symptom is the sending store will send it through the HQ client and will show up in the PurchaseOrder and PurchaseOrderEntry tables, but the receiving store never gets the transfer, so their corresponding entries never show up in the PurchaseOrder tables. I think that the cause of this problem happens when the sending store gets delayed while uploading the HQ Client, so by the time the transfers gets into HQ, the receiving sto...

how do i find lost file on memory stick?
Hello All I went to save my report i was working on on my memory stick and the file has disappeared!!!!!!!! Had no previous probs saving it to memory stick before.... Can't find it in any programmes or recycle bin! My 44 page report has gone kaputt!!! now my brain is going same way!! Help! NEVER, NEVER save a document directly from Word onto removable media! You may get away with it for a while, but at sometime, you are very likely to find yourself in the situation in which you now find yourself. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless y...

Can I sort responses on the tracking pg of a meeting request?
When I view the tracking page of a meeting request that I created, I would like to be able to sort the Responses by type (Accepted, Declined, etc.) so I can more easily see the status of each invited attendee and know who will be in attendance. Currently, there is no column sorting functionality on the page, but I wonder if there is another way to do this? I am using MS Office Enterprise 2007 / Outlook 2007. Altenately, if I can't do this on the individual tracking page of each meeting request, is there a global setting that I can configure on all meeeting requests that ac...

Recurring Meeting Changes not updating on Calendar.
After doing a lot of looking around I am hoping someone here might be able to help me out. I have a user that changed a recurring meeting on her calendar. The recurring meeting with several other people. It is normally Tuesdays from 9-10. She made a change to the one scheduled for today to tomrrow from 11:30-1:30 and it was accepted but the other person. The Tuesday meeting disappeared (as it should) from her desktop Outlook calendar ... BUT it still appears on her Blackberry and, bizarrely, it still appears on the other user's calendar. When someone else opens the first users calendar ...

Outlook News gets lost
Here's a kooky problem. I tried clicking on "News" in Outlook 2003, one of the options at the top of the screen. Worked fine. Next day, it broke, displayed the contents of a Windows folder. Out of curiosity, I went to Control Panel -- Internet Options -- Programs, and saw that the entry next to News was blank. I selected Outlook Express as my newsreader (Outlook alone was not on the drop-down menu). I saved the changes, went back to Outlook, "News" worked fine. Next morning, lo and behold, it didn't work. Back to Control Panel stuff, and once again, th...

Lost character entities using MSXML6
I load an XML file into MSXML2.DOMDocument.6.0 object. The XML file stores non-ASCII characters in Hex Code format, so alpha α is coded as α I save the file using xmldomSource.save but now α has been replaced with α How do I preserve the original encoding? <%@ LANGUAGE = JScript %> <% Response.Charset= "ISO-8859-1" %> <% Response.Buffer= "TRUE" %> <% Response.Expires= -1 %> <% var xmldomSource = new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.6.0"); xmldomSource.preserveWhiteSpace = true; xmldomSource.setProperty("ServerHTTPReq...

Lost Outlook 2000 Custom Toolbar
For some reason, I opened Outlook 2000 today (we are also on Exchange Server 2000) and the custom toolbar I created is gone. The customization I did to the Advanced and Standard toolbars is still there as well as a few Macros I created. How can I get this toolbar back? Any ideas on what would have caused this so I can avoid it in the future? Thanks!!!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Unfortunately, you may not be able to get it back. Toolbar customizations are saved in a file called outcmd.dat, and that file is prone to corruption. Once it's cor...

lost folder #2
I think I must have accidently deleted a folder I set up in my Outlook Exp..I am using Windows XP and would like to know if there is any possible way to get it back..any help would be grately appreciated..Thank You suegr wrote: > I think I must have accidently deleted a folder I set up > in my Outlook Exp..I am using Windows XP and would like > to know if there is any possible way to get it back..any > help would be grately appreciated..Thank You This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express ...

How do you meet people on here?
I've signed up, now how do i find people to chat with? "mack" <mack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7A260AD-B2D0-46FD-925D-125D86167119@microsoft.com... > I've signed up, now how do i find people to chat with? This isn't a chatroom. Nor is it a forum. It's a newsgroup. http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid43_gci212650,00.html If you have a question about Outlook, post it in here, and someone will likely reply with an answer. Note: when you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if applicab...

Meeting reminders for cancelled meetings
I get a meeting invitation and decline the invite but still get a reminder. Why does this happen? -- Chuck ...

Can schedule meetings further then one month out in Outlook 2002?
Our Admin has access to everyones calendar and usually does all the scheduling of meetings. Today when she tried to schedule a meeting for Sept 2004, it shows all invitees as information unavailable? So she can't schedule the meeting. Any ideas why this is happening? We have never had a problem with scheduling meetings far out in advance. Thanks...any help would be appreciated! Diana I got it figured out :-) >-----Original Message----- >Our Admin has access to everyones calendar and usually >does all the scheduling of meetings. Today when she >tried to schedule...

Outlook should let me change the meeting organizer.
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=93fbae41-4fc9-4751-a032-c6be17615eee&dg=microsoft.public.crm ...

AD deleted user, lost license ?
I have a customer who deleted the ad user before moving the crm user data and license to a new crm user. I tried changing the systemusertable to match the login of the new user but I guess there also have to be changed a GUID ( I know it isn't a supported way but had to try it ) I changed it back but have the problem that I can't move the license and move data to a new crm user because the ad user is gone. What to do ? Jack Are you running CRM 1.2 or 3.0? "Jack" <jackdSPAM@jackd.dk> wrote in message news:unWJNvjLGHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I have...

lost margin bar
i DON'T KNOW HOW IT HAPPENED BUT I NO LONGER HAVE A MARGIN BAR IN WORD??? WHAT HAPPENED??? Are you referring to the ruler bar? View | Ruler should bring it back. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Carolyn" <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F19FB867-E36D-428E-A5B9-CFEEB9FBFF74@microsoft.com... >i DON'T KNOW HOW IT HAPPENED BUT I NO LONGER HAVE A MARGIN BAR IN WORD??? > WHAT HAPPENED??? > ...

Frx and Balance Sheet Notes
HI, In my Frx Balance Sheet report design, I'd like to be able to have the note numbers lined up in a seperate column to the appropriate lines in the row format- is there any way of doing this? If not - how best can one achieve this? Thank you Neil ...