OneNote & Dropbox

Hey Gang,

I have been trying to figure out how to share notebooks with my boss
and have them sync back and forth automatically. I saw this article
yesterday and tried it, but am stuck.

 http://al.bsharah.com/post/2009/04/10/Share-Your-To-Do-List-across-Multiple-PCs-with-OneNote-and-Dropbox.aspx

It says I should be able to share and sync them, but does that mean
the DropBox account used on my computer and his have to be the same
one?

We can't be using 2 different accounts can we?
0
Amanda
1/18/2010 7:43:40 PM
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You don't say what version of windows you are using, but my bet is that if
you chose "In a shared folder on this computer" in Step 7 you will have to
have both accounts on both computers.

"Amanda C" <amanda.chatel@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey Gang,
>
> I have been trying to figure out how to share notebooks with my boss
> and have them sync back and forth automatically. I saw this article
> yesterday and tried it, but am stuck.
>
> http://al.bsharah.com/post/2009/04/10/Share-Your-To-Do-List-across-Multiple-PCs-with-OneNote-and-Dropbox.aspx
>
> It says I should be able to share and sync them, but does that mean
> the DropBox account used on my computer and his have to be the same
> one?
>
> We can't be using 2 different accounts can we?

0
rak
1/18/2010 8:53:18 PM
Amanda C wrote:
> I have been trying to figure out how to share notebooks with my boss
> and have them sync back and forth automatically. I saw this article
> yesterday and tried it, but am stuck.

http://al.bsharah.com/post/2009/04/10/Share-Your-To-Do-List-across-Multiple-PCs-with-OneNote-and-Dropbox.aspx

> It says I should be able to share and sync them, but does that mean
> the DropBox account used on my computer and his have to be the same
> one?
>
> We can't be using 2 different accounts can we?

AFAICS it will have to be the same DropBox account.

I have read the article but not gone too deep into it.
At first sight it seems to me that this concept will *spoil* ON's
automatic synching as the files are sitting on more than just *one*
computer.
It's crucial for ON not to have any other synching solution touching the
notebooks.

So I would have to test it. But no time in the moment.

Rainald

0
Rainald
1/18/2010 9:06:44 PM

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Hey Gang,
>
> I have been trying to figure out how to share notebooks with my boss
> and have them sync back and forth automatically. I saw this article
> yesterday and tried it, but am stuck.
>
>  http://al.bsharah.com/post/2009/04/10/Share-Your-To-Do-List-across-Multiple-PCs-with-OneNote-and-Dropbox.aspx
>
> It says I should be able to share and sync them, but does that mean
> the DropBox account used on my computer and his have to be the same
> one?
>
> We can't be using 2 different accounts can we?

1. This DropBox solution is only suited for ONE person to sync his
changes made from different devices on different locations.
2. As Rainald said, it's generally not a good idea to use a second
concurrent synching method for ON if more than one user is involved.
The risk is "concurrent update" by you AND your boss. For ON alone
that's no problem.
3. A reliable solution is to find a place for a shared notebook, which
can be reached (not all the time, but at least from time to time for
sync) from you and your boss.
On a corporate server, over LAN, or over VPN if you're on the road again ...

Bernd
0
Bernd
1/18/2010 11:27:27 PM
You might want to take a look at Microsoft Groove.  It will allow the
dynamic sharing you are talking about - not via ON, but in many of the same
ways.

"Amanda C" <amanda.chatel@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey Gang,
>
> I have been trying to figure out how to share notebooks with my boss
> and have them sync back and forth automatically. I saw this article
> yesterday and tried it, but am stuck.
>
> http://al.bsharah.com/post/2009/04/10/Share-Your-To-Do-List-across-Multiple-PCs-with-OneNote-and-Dropbox.aspx
>
> It says I should be able to share and sync them, but does that mean
> the DropBox account used on my computer and his have to be the same
> one?
>
> We can't be using 2 different accounts can we?

0
rak
1/19/2010 5:14:00 PM
Or www.collaber.com

It is MUCH cheaper than Groove. But the company server does sit in Hyderabad..

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> You might want to take a look at Microsoft Groove.  It will allow the
> dynamic sharing you are talking about - not via ON, but in many of the
> same ways.

Same problems I mentioned in my answer referring to DropBox:

http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2006/09/21/OneNote-2007-and-Groove.aspx

Bernd
0
Bernd
1/19/2010 10:19:36 PM
Bernd wrote:

>> I have been trying to figure out how to share notebooks with my boss
>> and have them sync back and forth automatically. I saw this article
>> yesterday and tried it, but am stuck.

http://al.bsharah.com/post/2009/04/10/Share-Your-To-Do-List-across-Multiple-PCs-with-OneNote-and-Dropbox.aspx

>> It says I should be able to share and sync them, but does that mean
>> the DropBox account used on my computer and his have to be the same
>> one?
>>
>> We can't be using 2 different accounts can we?
>
> 1. This DropBox solution is only suited for ONE person to sync his
> changes made from different devices on different locations.

*NO*
Not even that.

> 2. As Rainald said, it's generally not a good idea to use a second
> concurrent synching method for ON if more than one user is involved.
> The risk is "concurrent update" by you AND your boss. For ON alone
> that's no problem.

Not only the latter.
It's an "in principle" thing to never ever use any other instrument for
synching.
Even if there is just *one* person involved who works with more than
just one computer these rules have to be obtained.
And synching with something in the net having it's own synching, means a
serious conflict with ON's basic construction.

> 3. A reliable solution is to find a place for a shared notebook, which
> can be reached (not all the time, but at least from time to time for
> sync) from you and your boss.
> On a corporate server, over LAN, or over VPN if you're on the road
> again ...

Exactly!!
The storage place may be a place in the NET.
BUT:
It must be a place where one just *STORES* the file and no synching -
whatsoever - is done at all.

Therefore the idea of using "DropBox" - as the OP has (had) in mind - is
a true NoNo.
This - contrary to what you had said in a previous posting - also is
valid if only just one person is involved.

Rainald

0
Rainald
1/20/2010 4:30:25 AM
rak wrote:
> "Amanda C" wrote:

>> I have been trying to figure out how to share notebooks with my boss
>> and have them sync back and forth automatically. I saw this article
>> yesterday and tried it, but am stuck.

http://al.bsharah.com/post/2009/04/10/Share-Your-To-Do-List-across-Multiple-PCs-with-OneNote-and-Dropbox.aspx
>> It says I should be able to share and sync them, but does that mean
>> the DropBox account used on my computer and his have to be the same
>> one?

> You might want to take a look at Microsoft Groove.  It will allow the
> dynamic sharing you are talking about - not via ON, but in many of
> the same ways.

I take the liberty to seriously disagree.
"in many of the same ways"
means that the mechanisms are not the *same*.

To say it *clearly*:
Groove has it's *own* way of synching.
It uses *file*-synching.
And that is a true killer for the synching built-in in ON.
The latter does synching on the base of *objects* inside a file. And
file-based synching - naturally <!> - just kills that.

IMHO Groove is not usable if more than just *one* computer is involved.

Rainald
P.S. You might also see David Rasmussen's article "OneNote 2007 and
Groove"
http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2006/09/21/763982.aspx

0
Rainald
1/20/2010 4:52:33 AM
joljol2 wrote:
> "rak" wrote:
>> "Amanda C"  wrote:

>>> I have been trying to figure out how to share notebooks with my boss
>>> and have them sync back and forth automatically. I saw this article
>>> yesterday and tried it, but am stuck.

http://al.bsharah.com/post/2009/04/10/Share-Your-To-Do-List-across-Multiple-PCs-with-OneNote-and-Dropbox.aspx

>>> It says I should be able to share and sync them, but does that mean
>>> the DropBox account used on my computer and his have to be the same
>>> one?
>>
>> You might want to take a look at Microsoft Groove.  It will allow the
>> dynamic sharing you are talking about - not via ON, but in many of
>> the same ways.
>
> Or www.collaber.com
>
> It is MUCH cheaper than Groove. But the company server does sit in
> Hyderabad..

IMHO in this "globalized" world of today it really won't matter *where*
a server is *physically* sitting.

Having visited the place I  must say,however,  that it is rather
chaotic.
On my short visit I could not make out which kind of services they
offer.

What is needed for ON just is:
(a) pure *storage* of notebook-files
(b) shared usage.

Any kind of "synching" features would mean a "killing" feature in so
far.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Rainald

0
Rainald
1/20/2010 5:19:07 AM

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

>> 1. This DropBox solution is only suited for ONE person to sync his
>> changes made from different devices on different locations.
>
> *NO*
> Not even that.
>
>> 2. As Rainald said, it's generally not a good idea to use a second
>> concurrent synching method for ON if more than one user is involved.
>> The risk is "concurrent update" by you AND your boss. For ON alone
>> that's no problem.
>
> Not only the latter.
> It's an "in principle" thing to never ever use any other instrument for
> synching.
> Even if there is just *one* person involved who works with more than
> just one computer these rules have to be obtained.
> And synching with something in the net having it's own synching, means a
> serious conflict with ON's basic construction.

Ok, Ok, by pure theory you're right.

But I didn't want to take all hope off the OPs searching for a solution,
because I think, that it would work in practice with reliable network
connections to the DropBox server plus not so big ON files; so that the
sync process by DropBox is done before the user starts changing his
notebook. But there is a "Restrisiko" ;-)

Bernd
0
Bernd
1/20/2010 1:45:03 PM
Notice I said "not via ON".  The idea was to use groove tools vice ON tools.

"Bernd" <fake@gmx.de> wrote in message

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>
>> You might want to take a look at Microsoft Groove.  It will allow the
>> dynamic sharing you are talking about - not via ON, but in many of the
>> same ways.
>>

> Same problems I mentioned in my answer referring to DropBox:
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2006/09/21/OneNote-2007-and-Groove.aspx
>
> Bernd

0
rak
1/20/2010 4:12:37 PM
See my reply to Bernd.  Groove is a unique animal and does sync differently.
Actually much, much more efficiently than ON.  It allows major real time
(and deferred) collaboration, good security and a number of tools that could
be used for what the op wants to do.  I agree it probably will not play nice
with ON.

"Rainald Taesler" <taesler@gmx.de> wrote in message
> rak wrote:
>> "Amanda C" wrote:
>
>>> I have been trying to figure out how to share notebooks with my boss
>>> and have them sync back and forth automatically. I saw this article
>>> yesterday and tried it, but am stuck.
>>>
> http://al.bsharah.com/post/2009/04/10/Share-Your-To-Do-List-across-Multiple-PCs-with-OneNote-and-Dropbox.aspx
>>> It says I should be able to share and sync them, but does that mean
>>> the DropBox account used on my computer and his have to be the same
>>> one?
>
>> You might want to take a look at Microsoft Groove.  It will allow the
>> dynamic sharing you are talking about - not via ON, but in many of
>> the same ways.
>
> I take the liberty to seriously disagree.
> "in many of the same ways"
> means that the mechanisms are not the *same*.
>
> To say it *clearly*:
> Groove has it's *own* way of synching.
> It uses *file*-synching.
> And that is a true killer for the synching built-in in ON.
> The latter does synching on the base of *objects* inside a file. And
> file-based synching - naturally <!> - just kills that.
>
> IMHO Groove is not usable if more than just *one* computer is involved.
>
> Rainald
> P.S. You might also see David Rasmussen's article "OneNote 2007 and
> Groove"
> http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2006/09/21/763982.aspx

0
rak
1/20/2010 4:16:15 PM

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> See my reply to Bernd.  Groove is a unique animal and does sync
> differently. Actually much, much more efficiently than ON.  It allows
> major real time (and deferred) collaboration, good security and a number
> of tools that could be used for what the op wants to do.  I agree it
> probably will not play nice with ON.

We didn't evaluate Groove, we evaluated a combination of ON with other
sync tools. And you CANNOT exclude what you call ON tools.
ON will always sync, even with local notebooks, because it uses a cache.

Bernd
0
Bernd
1/20/2010 10:10:52 PM
I think we're agreeing.  By "tools" I mean groove tools.  In other words, ON
would not be used.

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>
>> See my reply to Bernd.  Groove is a unique animal and does sync
>> differently. Actually much, much more efficiently than ON.  It allows
>> major real time (and deferred) collaboration, good security and a number
>> of tools that could be used for what the op wants to do.  I agree it
>> probably will not play nice with ON.
>>

> We didn't evaluate Groove, we evaluated a combination of ON with other
> sync tools. And you CANNOT exclude what you call ON tools.
> ON will always sync, even with local notebooks, because it uses a cache.
>
> Bernd

0
rak
1/20/2010 10:19:08 PM
Bernd wrote:
>>> 2. As Rainald said, it's generally not a good idea to use a second
>>> concurrent synching method for ON if more than one user is involved.
>>> The risk is "concurrent update" by you AND your boss. For ON alone
>>> that's no problem.
>>
>> Not only the latter.
>> It's an "in principle" thing to never ever use any other instrument
>> for synching.
>> Even if there is just *one* person involved who works with more than
>> just one computer these rules have to be obtained.
>> And synching with something in the net having it's own synching,
>> means a serious conflict with ON's basic construction.
>
> Ok, Ok, by pure theory you're right.

I think that this not a question if "theory".

> But I didn't want to take all hope off the OPs searching for a
> solution, because I think, that it would work in practice with
> reliable network connections to the DropBox server plus not so big ON
> files; so that the sync process by DropBox is done before the user
> starts changing his notebook. But there is a "Restrisiko" ;-)

Sorry, IMHO the OP should not be encouraged to use something like
DropBox which is not a proper instrument for the usage with OneNote!
Any web-storage place *WITHOUT* synching would be OK.
Any external synching mechanisms spoil ON.
I can only *WARN* to follow such kind of path.

But perhaps this is only a problem for the time being.
I hope things will be ways better once the "Live"-components of ON2010
will be ready.

Rainald

0
Rainald
1/25/2010 12:25:05 PM
rak wrote:
> Rainald Taesler wrote:
>> rak wrote:

>>> You might want to take a look at Microsoft Groove.  It will allow
>>> the dynamic sharing you are talking about - not via ON, but in many
>>> of the same ways.
>>
>> I take the liberty to seriously disagree.
>> "in many of the same ways"
>> means that the mechanisms are not the *same*.
>>
>> To say it *clearly*:
>> Groove has it's *own* way of synching.
>> It uses *file*-synching.
>> And that is a true killer for the synching built-in in ON.
>> The latter does synching on the base of *objects* inside a file. And
>> file-based synching - naturally <!> - just kills that.
>>
>> IMHO Groove is not usable if more than just *one* computer is
>> involved.
>>
>> Rainald
>> P.S. You might also see David Rasmussen's article "OneNote 2007 and
>> Groove"
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2006/09/21/763982.aspx
>
> See my reply to Bernd.  Groove is a unique animal and does sync
> differently.

YES, i know.

> Actually much, much more efficiently than ON.  It allows
> major real time (and deferred) collaboration, good security and a
> number of tools that could be used for what the op wants to do.

For any other kind of application. Not so for OneNote, however.

> I agree it probably will not play nice with ON.

So pls do not recommend it for the usage with ON!!

Rainald

0
Rainald
1/25/2010 12:41:05 PM
rak wrote:
> "Bernd" wrote:
>> rak wrote:

>>> See my reply to Bernd.  Groove is a unique animal and does sync
>>> differently. Actually much, much more efficiently than ON.  It
>>> allows major real time (and deferred) collaboration, good security
>>> and a number of tools that could be used for what the op wants to
>>> do.  I agree it probably will not play nice with ON.
>>
>> We didn't evaluate Groove, we evaluated a combination of ON with
>> other sync tools. And you CANNOT exclude what you call ON tools.
>> ON will always sync, even with local notebooks, because it uses a
>> cache.

> I think we're agreeing.  By "tools" I mean groove tools.  In other
> words, ON would not be used.

Sorry, I do not understand the latter.
Do you agree that ON-files/directories should be excluded from Groove?

Rainald

0
Rainald
1/25/2010 12:46:19 PM
I think you misunderstood my posts.  My suggestion was to use Groove instead
of ON, not/not together.

> rak wrote:
>> Rainald Taesler wrote:

>>> I take the liberty to seriously disagree.
>>> "in many of the same ways"
>>> means that the mechanisms are not the *same*.
>>>
>>> To say it *clearly*:
>>> Groove has it's *own* way of synching.
>>> It uses *file*-synching.
>>> And that is a true killer for the synching built-in in ON.
>>> The latter does synching on the base of *objects* inside a file. And
>>> file-based synching - naturally <!> - just kills that.
>>>
>>> IMHO Groove is not usable if more than just *one* computer is
>>> involved.
>>>
>>> Rainald
>>> P.S. You might also see David Rasmussen's article "OneNote 2007 and
>>> Groove"
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2006/09/21/763982.aspx
>>
>> See my reply to Bernd.  Groove is a unique animal and does sync
>> differently.
>
> YES, i know.
>
>> Actually much, much more efficiently than ON.  It allows
>> major real time (and deferred) collaboration, good security and a
>> number of tools that could be used for what the op wants to do.
>
> For any other kind of application. Not so for OneNote, however.
>
>> I agree it probably will not play nice with ON.
>
> So pls do not recommend it for the usage with ON!!
>
> Rainald

0
rak
1/25/2010 4:19:42 PM
See my other response.  You are getting wound up over something I did
not/not recommend.  In short, my suggestion was Groove instead of ON.

> rak wrote:

>>> We didn't evaluate Groove, we evaluated a combination of ON with
>>> other sync tools. And you CANNOT exclude what you call ON tools.
>>> ON will always sync, even with local notebooks, because it uses a
>>> cache.
>
>> I think we're agreeing.  By "tools" I mean groove tools.  In other
>> words, ON would not be used.
>
> Sorry, I do not understand the latter.
> Do you agree that ON-files/directories should be excluded from Groove?
>
> Rainald

0
rak
1/25/2010 4:21:45 PM
rak wrote:
> I think you misunderstood my posts.  My suggestion was to use Groove
> instead of ON, not/not together.

This does not make sense to me.
Groove is no alternative to ON.

Rainald

> "Rainald Taesler" <taesler@gmx.de> wrote in message
>> rak wrote:

http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2006/09/21/763982.aspx

>>> See my reply to Bernd.  Groove is a unique animal and does sync
>>> differently.
>>
>> YES, i know.
>>
>>> Actually much, much more efficiently than ON.  It allows
>>> major real time (and deferred) collaboration, good security and a
>>> number of tools that could be used for what the op wants to do.
>>
>> For any other kind of application. Not so for OneNote, however.
>>
>>> I agree it probably will not play nice with ON.
>>
>> So pls do not recommend it for the usage with ON!!
>>
>> Rainald

0
Rainald

How do I stop OneNote from inserting PDFs sideways?
How do I stop OneNote from inserting PDFs sideways? Not sure why they get inserted sideways, but you can rotate the images with the image rotator at http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin/archive/2007/12/14/image-rotator-powertoy-for-onenote-2007.aspx -- Thanks, John Guin OneNote Test Team http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin "Rach" wrote: > How do I stop OneNote from inserting PDFs sideways? John Guin [msft] wrote: > Rach wrote: >> How do I stop OneNote from inserting PDFs sideways? > > Not sure why they get inserted sideways, This happens real...

Missing options in OneNote 2003
Had to reinstall all programs including OneNote last week. Now OneNote has missing options. There is no "Send To" option. Also, in "Save As" there is no option to save as Work. Only Save As are for New Section and for Single Web page. All menu options are expanded. Complete Office suite is installed. Tried to reinstall twice. No better result. Any suggestions? susan rose wrote: > Had to reinstall all programs including OneNote last week. > Now OneNote has missing options. There is no "Send To" option. Also, > in "Save As"...

Error message in Onenote
I have installed OneNote 2007 on my computer running Windows 7. I have received an error message in the General and Unfiled tabs that states that "This Section is from a later version of OneNote had installed OneNote and cannot be opened." I did previously install and then uninstall OneNote 2010 beta. Any suggestions on how to fix this error message would be appreciated. Thanks. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I have installed OneNote 2007 on my computer running Windows 7. I have > received an error message in the General and Unfiled tabs that s...

How to keep OneNote Notebook off local drives.
I've got my notebook pointed to my external drive. I noticed however even if my drive is not connected, I can still open that notebook. So where is it storing this locally? I do NOT want this stuff stored locally at work, I do not want my employer being able to read my notebook. That's why I pointed it to be stored on my external drive yet I see that I can still open this puppy even though that drive is off. Not cool. -- C# Software Engineer OneNote keeps a cached copy of all your open notebooks. You can control where the cache is stored by going to Tools | Opt...

Howto export onenote order by date
just like title! Please see http://www.officeforlawyers.com/howask.htm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "spender" <spender@yeah.net> wrote in message news:hqdm7c$rg8$1@www.shinco.com... > just like title! ...

OneNote 2010 Syncing
So I've had a huge headache trying to sync a preexisting onenote notebook on my tablet to a desktop (and have the version stored on the desktop be the main version) ... here is the info for anyone else: I tried at first to share my tablet's onenote notebook by: share->share this notebook 2.)share on: NETWORK and 3. Network Location: a path on the desktop (it was a shared folder with all the right permissions) THIS DID NOT WORK. some of the various errors: user-mapped section open some sections could not be synced onenote cannot access the notebook cache file ...

Is there a OneNote XPS Viewer?
I just installed OneNote2007. The Help Message says there is an XPS Viewer. But when I go to the Downloads page, nothing comes up under any name connected with OneNote. Internet Explorer views XPS files. Can you point me to the text that says OneNote includes an XPS viewer? -- Thanks, John Guin OneNote Test Team http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin "Head Gorilla" wrote: > I just installed OneNote2007. The Help Message says there is an XPS Viewer. > But when I go to the Downloads page, nothing comes up under any name > connected with OneNote. ...

Create shared Web accessible Notebook in Onenote 2010 beta?
I am working on a small project and want to share a ON 2010 notebook with the rest of the project group. We work from home so we are never on the same local network. I tried to create a shared notebook using the Web option but at step 3 where you are supposed to enter the location, I see: 3. Web Location: Windows Live SkyDrive We are sorry. This service is currently not available. What's going on? Is this feature not available in the beta? BTW, my version is Version: 14.0.45361000 (32-bit) Bob Bob wrote: >I am working on a small project and want to share a ON 2...

OneNote in Outlook
Can OneNote work on its workbooks on an Exchange service? If so, how and what is the best practice? Microsoft has too many cross-platform sharing protocols for a home user to keep track of. And different versions of the same operating system have or lack the same cross-platform ability. One will have VPN access. Another won't. One supports offline files, other versions of the same OS won't. It's a hellatious mess. So I don't want to delve into the cross-platform suggestions in the OneNote help file. JLG2 wrote: > Can OneNote work on its workbooks on a...

OneNote 2007 Defalt Files
When I open onenote for the first time it have defaul files Note that tell you about onenote features where I can find the file again within my laptop thank you Look in your My Documents folder \ OneNote Notebooks folder. -- Hope this helps, John Guin OneNote Test Team http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin "msw" wrote: > When I open onenote for the first time it have defaul files Note that tell > you about onenote features where I can find the file again within my laptop > > thank you > > > . > msw wrote: > When I open...

In Outlook send to OneNotes loses formatting
When I'm in outlook and I select "Send to OneNote" for an email, when it is in OneNote it does not have the formating that it does in Outlook. Is there a way to keep the formating? -- Ruth Ruth wrote: > When I'm in outlook and I select "Send to OneNote" for an email, when > it is in OneNote it does not have the formating that it does in > Outlook. Is there a way to keep the formating? No. The formatting is that of ON. To see a mail in it's original format you might *print* it to ON. The result then is a non editable image. Rainald ...

OneNote #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just moved to MAC and I'm trying to find a definative answer to when OneNote for Mac is being launched. I see lots of requests for ON on forums but they're all without response. I've tried Circus Pony but it lacks the simple usability of OneNote. Please can we have OneNote for Mac that works with entourage?? Probably you should make that request direct to Microsoft. Doubt they watch this newsgroup. FYI, I used OneNote extensively when I was Windows only. Now I run a Macbook and have Windows i...

How do store my outlook emails on onenote?
My outlook storage is full and so cant send emails but need all the emails on my outlook..they have avi files attached so very big. How do i put them on onenote so i can delete them from outlook? -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > My outlook storage is full and so cant send emails but need all the emails on > my outlook..they have avi files attached so very big. How do i put them on > onenote so i can delete them from outlook? Archive these mails into one ore more dedicated PST in/with Outlook. http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et_archive_mail.htm ...

copying pictures from internet??? Onenote 2007
I just upgraded to Onenote 2007 and find i now cannot cut and paste pictures from the internet into the application - after pasting the first picture okay, it then for subsequent pastes- it just puts a small empty box. Can anyone guide me on activating normal cut and past of pictures? You know the sort of thing everyone does all the time for years and years into all sorts of applications, but now doesnt work in this software Thanks, Roger Roger on Excel wrote: > I just upgraded to Onenote 2007 and find i now cannot cut and paste > pictures from the internet into th...

How do you search for section names in OneNote?
I am using OneNote Sections for names of people but I may have hundreds of names so I want to type in a name to find that Section but I can't figure out how to do it. I know you can do a general search on all pages but I really only want to Search the Sections. Also, I assume you cannot automatically sort the sections alphabetically other than to do it manually - right? Steve > I am using OneNote Sections for names of people but I may have hundreds of > names so I want to type in a name to find that Section but I can't figure out > how to do it. I know you can d...

Send to OneNote Printer did not install
I recently purchased a new laptop. My old one had 2003 which I upgraded to 2007 and had a "Send to OneNote" printer. I installed Office 2007 including OneNote on my new computer, but there is no such printer option. I'd really like to have the feature still, but I can't figure out how to create it. Is there something special I needed to do while installing OneNote to have the feature? Thanks! Are you running OneNote 2007 on a 64bit operating system? "LeahCeee" <LeahCeee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C936EBF-3DF0-4090...

OneNote
Good Morning All, Am new to one note and have a problem. I was in Outlook Calendar and pressed the Meeting Notes button to send the appointment to OneNote. when I went to OneNote, I clicked the Unfiled Notes button at the bottom left and found the page entry for my meeting. I wasn't paying attention and instead of moving the page on the left to the tab in the notebook I wanted, I moved the entire Unfiled Notes Tab to the notebook. Now, whenever I send a meeting notice etc from Outlook, it goes to that notebook. Since I have many notebooks, I want the unfiled notes t...

OneNote stops me printing Works Document
I'm new to Vista. Yes, I know, Windows 7 is now available, but there you go, I'm always last with everything new. Just bought new Dell 1555 Laptop with 30day Trial MSOffice 2007 (now expired and deleted). Up to now I haven't been trying to print. Now, every time I try to print from Works W/P MSOneNote opens and stops me. It shows the document I want to print, and demands I enter registration code. Can't seem to get rid of it, and can't figure out how to avoid it, or how to close it and then print afterwards. If it's part of the Office 30 day Trial should...

I deleted a tab in OneNote, is there some way to get it back?!
I'm using Microsoft Office OneNote 2007. I had a tab that I wanted to delete, but I accidently deleted the wrong one! I didn't notice until several minutes later after messing around in O.N. some more. After I freaked out, I click the undo button. A lot. But eventually the button went gray and wouldn't let me undo any more things. And still* didn't get my tab back. Is there some way to get it back?! Pleassseeeee help! EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Essential ASP.NET With Examples in C# http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/8f709566-1d04-...

any way to play animated gif in OneNote 2007 ?
any way to play animated gif in OneNote 2007 any plug-in, or anything... nrnr wrote: > any way to play animated gif in OneNote 2007 > any plug-in, or anything... Somply: No, this is not possible. You could add a link to a file and then call it with the standard player. Rainald ...

install onenote from stuent suite onto a pc with small business su
Hi, I have a small business edition on one pc and a 3 user licence student suite used on another machine. Can I install onenote from the student suite 'into' the smal business suite? Does your sbe allow for installation on 2 devices? "ukcharlie" <ukcharlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:859C719A-5F9C-4C08-8F1C-30BFC8E8C62A@microsoft.com... > Hi, I have a small business edition on one pc and a 3 user licence student > suite used on another machine. Can I install onenote from the student > suite > 'into' the smal busin...

Questions
I am a new user of OneNote and have several questions. I have looked in the help files, but have not found answers to the following: How to: - change the default font for all future notes - remove the ruled lines as a default for all future pages/sections/notebooks - sort tags by category with the oldest tag at the top of the list as opposed to the newest tag - sort tags by category and then sub category if two tags are used on the same note Thank you, Ricki Since my newsreader kind of sucks right now I can�t reply inline so.. - default font, go to Tools->Opt...

Best Way to create FAQ OneNote 2007
I Need to create a page with FAQ "Frequently Asked Quesions" what will be the best way to create the questions taking into consideration that this questions will grow to upto 40 or 50 Thank you for your help ...

OneNote Mobile ...where is the synchronized note on the PC ?
Hello I've just installed OneNote mobile (from Office2007) to my SmartPhone, activated sync ..but i can't find where the sync Notes are stored on my PC ? ? Thanks -- @+ Ascadix adresse @mail valide, mais ajoutez "sesame" dans l'objet pour que �a arrive. Ascadix wrote: > I've just installed OneNote mobile (from Office2007) to my SmartPhone, > activated sync ..but i can't find where the sync Notes are stored on > my PC ? ON Mobile synchs with just *one* section of the notebook "OneNote Mobile". The section is na...

CRM and OneNote
Hello. Is there any known linking between CRM 3.0 and MS OneNote? For example; Can OneNote be used to update CRM fields? Can a OneNote call report be linked to a contact record as a note or attachment? Thanks. ...