OneNote 2010 , What is 'gener'?

Hi,
I'm using Onenote 2010(german) and want to search for the word 'generics'.
While typing the word 'gener'... , several results appears, with marked
words
like 'Dateiformant', 'Notizbuch', 'Webseiten', 'Hyperlinks' and so on.
I can't see any similarities, so for what is 'gener'?

onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You're using the built-in search feature in ON2010, and while you type the
search term you're looking for, these other words appear?

If they are search results, try clicking on one of them.  A word on those
pages might be or start with "gener".

While those words are computer and OneNote related words, they won't be
column headers that display in the search results popup.

"J.Roemke" <j.roemke@t-online.de> wrote in

> Hi,
> I'm using Onenote 2010(german) and want to search for the word
> 'generics'. While typing the word 'gener'... , several results
> appears, with marked words
> like 'Dateiformant', 'Notizbuch', 'Webseiten', 'Hyperlinks' and so on.
> I can't see any similarities, so for what is 'gener'?

0
Erik
4/22/2010 12:06:52 AM
"Erik Sojka" <esojka@ms-onenote.net.nospam> schrieb

> You're using the built-in search feature in ON2010,

Yes

> and while you type the
> search term you're looking for, these other words appear?

While I'm typing, notebook pages are shown. When I'm looking
at one of these pages, these word are marked (as hits).

> If they are search results, try clicking on one of them.  A word on those
> pages might be or start with "gener".

No,look at the (german) words. The is no 'gener'.
 'Dateiformant', 'Notizbuch', 'Webseiten', 'Hyperlinks' ,..

Is it possible that those words on the pages that contain "gener" are
highlighted via formatting?

What happens if you navigate to the same page directly and not via
searching - are the words still highlighted?

Can you select the word "Notizbuch" and change its formatting?

> "Erik Sojka" <esojka@ms-onenote.net.nospam> schrieb
>
>> You're using the built-in search feature in ON2010,
>
> Yes
>
>> and while you type the
>> search term you're looking for, these other words appear?
>
> While I'm typing, notebook pages are shown. When I'm looking
> at one of these pages, these word are marked (as hits).
>
>> If they are search results, try clicking on one of them.  A word on
>> those pages might be or start with "gener".
>
> No,look at the (german) words. The is no 'gener'.
>  'Dateiformant', 'Notizbuch', 'Webseiten', 'Hyperlinks' ,..

0
Erik
4/23/2010 12:12:00 PM
"Erik Sojka" <esojka@ms-onenote.net.nospam> schrieb i
> Is it possible that those words on the pages that contain "gener" are
> highlighted via formatting?

No

> What happens if you navigate to the same page directly and not via
> searching - are the words still highlighted?

No

> Can you select the word "Notizbuch" and change its formatting?

Still highlighted, but maybe I'm knowing what happens.

First, I have installed OneNote 2007, then I decide to use ON 2010.
After installing, I had two user guides (2007+2010). I've moved some
chapter from the old user guide(2007)  to the new guide, so
I think, that there is ONE notebook with TWO different formats. Maybe thats
the
reason.

Maybe a screenshot would help with finding out what is going on.  Can you
post a screenshot somewhere and send the URL to the group?

> "Erik Sojka" <esojka@ms-onenote.net.nospam> schrieb i
>> Is it possible that those words on the pages that contain "gener" are
>> highlighted via formatting?
>
> No
>
>> What happens if you navigate to the same page directly and not via
>> searching - are the words still highlighted?
>
> No
>
>> Can you select the word "Notizbuch" and change its formatting?
>
> Still highlighted, but maybe I'm knowing what happens.
>
> First, I have installed OneNote 2007, then I decide to use ON 2010.
> After installing, I had two user guides (2007+2010). I've moved some
> chapter from the old user guide(2007)  to the new guide, so
> I think, that there is ONE notebook with TWO different formats. Maybe
> thats the
> reason.

0
Erik
4/24/2010 11:30:01 AM
"Erik Sojka" <esojka@ms-onenote.net.nospam> schrieb im
> Maybe a screenshot would help with finding out what is going on.  Can you
> post a screenshot somewhere and send the URL to the group?

Sorry, I don't have any webspace, but if someone is interested ,
he could send me an E_Mail, I would reply and attach an jpg.

J.Roemke wrote:
> "Erik Sojka" schrieb:

>> Maybe a screenshot would help with finding out what is going on.
>> Can you post a screenshot somewhere and send the URL to the group?
>
> Sorry, I don't have any webspace,

You may register for Microsoft's "Live Space", put the screen-shot there
and then post the URL here.

Gruss vom Neckarstrand
Rainald

0
Rainald
4/27/2010 6:15:08 PM

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> "Erik Sojka" <esojka@ms-onenote.net.nospam> schrieb im
>> Maybe a screenshot would help with finding out what is going on.  Can you
>> post a screenshot somewhere and send the URL to the group?
>
> Sorry, I don't have any webspace, but if someone is interested ,
> he could send me an E_Mail, I would reply and attach an jpg.

Free:

http://www.imagehost.org/

Bernd
0
Bernd
4/27/2010 10:37:06 PM
"Bernd" <fake@gmx.de> schrieb
>> Sorry, I don't have any webspace, but if someone is interested ,
>> he could send me an E_Mail, I would reply and attach an jpg.

> Free:
> http://www.imagehost.org/

Nice link!

Thanks, Bernd and Rainald for your recommendation, but
it's to late, the bug has gone and I can't reproduce it.

Achim.

J.Roemke wrote:
> "Bernd" <fake@gmx.de> schrieb

>>> Sorry, I don't have any webspace, but if someone is interested ,
>>> he could send me an E_Mail, I would reply and attach an jpg.
>
>> Free:
>> http://www.imagehost.org/
>
> Nice link!
>
> Thanks, Bernd and Rainald for your recommendation, but
> it's to late, the bug has gone and I can't reproduce it.

Good news!
Let's hope that the problem does not occur again.

Rainald
0
Rainald

Office 2010 beta 12-09-09
I have downloaded this but it seems only to be available as a 32 bit version, which somewhat defeats the object. Has anyone installed the 64 bit version and are there any problems? Scott It depends on which version your selected to download. I think the Home/Business is only 32-bit. I downloaded Pro Plus 64-bit and have it on one computer. So far I have not encountered any problems, but I'm not a heavy Office user. Scott wrote: > I have downloaded this but it seems only to be available as a 32 bit > version, which somewhat defeats the object. Has anyone insta...

2010 office beta
We are using some vb code to copy slides from one power point presentation to another. The code is working properly with the previous office versions (2007, XP etc). But, for office 2010 the code to paste slide to the destination presentation is not working. It shows an error message: "Run-time error '-2147417851 (80010105)': Method 'Paste' of object 'Slides' failed" Please find attached PowerPoint2010-Error.JPG also. Code used to copy and paste the slides is as follows: Dim oSource As Presentation Dim oTarget As ...

XP 64 Bit and Office 2010
How do I install Office 2010 when it requires Service Pack 3 for XP and there is no service pack 3 for 64 Bit ? Did you ask in an Office newsgroup/forum? "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CEE2DC3-88CB-4379-AEE1-7AD5A2F62677@microsoft.com... > How do I install Office 2010 when it requires Service Pack 3 for XP and > there > is no service pack 3 for 64 Bit ? "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CEE2DC3-88CB-4379-AEE1-7AD5A2F62677@microsoft.com... > How do I install Of...

2010 Beta: Wiki Linking (other than to page in same section?)
The wiki linking in ON2010 Beta is nice. One can easily create a new page in a section and have the link to it -- in one easy step. Can one use sytax to link/create a page in *another section* of a notebook? David ...

SP 2010
Hello, Just installed sharepoint 2010 and the first thing I did was create alternate access mappings for Central Administration and the default web application. For the default web application I set "sp.<company>.local" for Intranet Zone and I could access the web application from that url. Now I did the same for Central Administration, with "admin.sp.<company>.local", also for Intranet Zone, but when I try to access with that domain I get an error: "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.Administration&...

Migrating to Quicken 2010--NOT!
Enough already!!! I have installed Quicken on 2 separate occasions, trying to "move on"--I hate it. In the mid-90s, when I "migrated" to MS Money, it was because Quicken was so annoying. It's still annoying. I will stay with Money even when I can no longer opt to use the download services. As long as it can import bank statements, I'm OK with it. Why couldn't Microsoft just sell it to another software company/ developer? I found that a Win7-compatible version of my long-time (many years) BackUpMyPC is available for sale in the UK/Europe. It is no longer for s...

Using Onenote with LiveScribe
Does anyone have any experience using LiveScribe with Onenote, or any other electronic note capturing device? I've used the Adapx capturx pen and even wrote a powertoy for a behavior it has that I did not like: http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin/archive/2009/03/09/a-powertoy-to-make-using-adapx-pens-for-onenote-a-little-easier-for-me.aspx This is not an endoresement, just a note that I have used it. I don't think LiveScribe has direct support for OneNote yet but check their support pages before taking my word for it. What was your specific question? -- Thanks, John ...

DPM 2010 and Windows 2008 System State Backups
1. I am currently backing up 6 servers using DPM 2010. Windows 2003 R2 system state backups run perfectly fine. Windows 2008 DFS servers, where there is a second partition also works fine. However, 2008 servers (2 AD and one SVN server) with a single partition consistently fail on System State Backups. The volume backups on these servers function perfectly fine. 2. The AD and SVN servers have plently of free space, have the registry key AllowSSBToAnyVolume enabled, PSDatasourceConfig.xml has filestoprotect as "C:\WindowsImageBackup\*", local system state backups using...

DPM 2010 new option to reduce volume size.
i've read in a previous mesage that: > - I couldn't find out how to reduce the size of the "Recovery point volume" > and increase the size of the "Replica volume". [venkat] you can increase replica volume by increasing per laptop allocation. the shrink option is not present in beta build, it will be available in RC. Which is wonderfull. I presume this "reducing" volumes also counts for repica volumes. A while ago I've als asked the question if there is a optimization option for defragmation of the partitions on which the ba...

Project 2010 04-20-10
How can open a Project 2010 file in Project 2003? Hi BruceD975, hope you are well. Project 2010 provides backwards compatibility, it allows conversion of a schedule to 2007, 2003 and 2000 file formats. However there may be some loss of functionlity in the conversion. To achieve what you are after, if possible, have the 2010 schedule saved as a Project 2000-2003 file format (*.mpp), then it can be opened using Project 2003. To save the schedule in 2003 format from Project 2010: File-> Save As Change the Save As type: drop down list to Microsoft Project 2000 - 2003 (...

Outlook 2003 Addin fails to be recognised when install for 23 bit Outlook 2010
Hi All: The subject pretty much sums up my problem. I have an Outlook Addin that fails to load in Outlook 2010. If someone could shed some light or point me to the correct resources I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance, Kevin Are you going to tell us what the add-in is, or what it does, or do we have to guess? "Kevin Derhak" <kderhak@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9f631e3a-bac6-4348-9281-2d2ed9f7c57d@g19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com... > Hi All: > > The subject pretty much sums up my problem. I have an Outlook Addin > that fails to load in Outlook 2010. ...

Going back to 2007 from 2010
Hello, I am just about ready to try out Office 2010, but I am curious about one thing. If I decide for what ever reason that I do not like 2010 and I want to go back to 2007, how easy is and how would I go about doing so? Is there anyway to do it without using another use of the licensed product? Help would be greatly appreciated! Beta software should not be installed on your regular computer. It should be installed on a separate computer or in a virtual environment on your regular computer. There is no guarantee that beta software will uninstall properly, nor is there any...

Page Breaks in OneNote 2010
Is it possible to see where page breaks are when using the infinite page in 2010? If not, is it possible to choose Letter, but keep adding pages to the bottom of the existing page (allows me to see page breaks in an alternative fashion)? The lack of visible page breaks has been a major drawback (one of the few) in my usage of OneNote 2003 and 2007. I did see that if I use the Letter setting, I can continue typing beneath the "page bottom" into the dark gray area beneath, but it would be nice to have the view all white with a dotted line for the page break. Thanks for pointing to thi...

How to uninstall Office 2010 (Beta)
I recently installed the Beta version of Office 2010, but now want to uninstall it. For some reason, the program does not want to uninstall. I've tried uninstalling in safe-mode, and that did not work either. Has anyone else come across this problem/know how to fix it? "Stremfel" <Stremfel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9B96ACA-8E54-481F-93F9-B6C913F5E255@microsoft.com... > I recently installed the Beta version of Office 2010, but now want to > uninstall it. For some reason, the program does not want to uninstall. > I'v...

DPM 2010 beta bug reporting?
I've got a major bug / problem with DPM 2010 beta. I can't find it anywhere on connect to submit a bug report, although Connect was where I grabbed the installation. What's my best method of contact here? My DPM console won't even start anymore, and if I do a Get-ProtectionGroup from the DPM powershell that crashes as well. All I did was try to modify the PG and disable "(Auto)" on my SQL 2005 server, it hung and crashed during this and now I can't even modify anything anymore. *bang head on desk* If anyone from MS wants to contact me directl...

Sharepoint Server 2010 installation question
Hi, Did I need to install Sharepoint Essential 2010 when I Install Sharepoint Server 2010 ? Thanks No - not even sure what that is? Regards John Timney http://www.johntimney.com http://www.johntimney.com/blog "mv" <mv@mv.mv> wrote in message news:ezzHEWMkKHA.2164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, Did I need to install Sharepoint Essential 2010 when I Install > Sharepoint Server 2010 ? Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_1F4AA21F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sharepoint 2010 Foundation: For smaller organizations or depa...

DPM 2010 Cloud backup option
I would like to know if DPM 2010 has cloud backup option built into the product (not having to go with Iron Mountain CloudRecovery service). Can anyone help? Thanks Bill Hi Bill, This has been an ask from multiple customers who are interested in backing up data to cloud. We are interested in knowing more about your scenario and requirements around cloud backup. Can you drop me a mail at gauravgATmicrosoftDOTcom and we can discuss this in more detail? Thanks -- Gaurav Gupta | Program Manager | DPM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and con...

Whatever Happened to the Webinar on the New Version of DPM 2010?
I had signed up for the webinar to try and determine if we would upgrade or not, but the webinar was cancelled. And unless I missed it, never rescheduled. How will I determine if this is a worthy upgrade or not? It was rescheduled once, then canceled. As for determining if it's a worthy upgrade, you could always try the beta. It comes with a lot of documentation that explains the new features in the Microsoft way (which is to say, minimally). Auto-resizing of volumes alone will make it worthwhile for me. Daniel "Peter Jam" wrote: > I had signed up ...

Outlook 2010
Is there a way to print event times when printing a monthly calendar from Outlook 2010 in the portrait layout? They print out in landscape OK, but disappear when I switch to portrait mode. Thanks ...

can I use both Excel 2003 and Excel 2010 on the same pc ?
Can I use both Excel 2003 and Excel 2010 on the same pc ? I have licenses for both. Thanks, Lynn Yes, you can. Install 2003 first then 2010. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:31:05 -0600, Lynn McGuire <lmc@winsim.com> wrote: >Can I use both Excel 2003 and Excel 2010 on the same pc ? > >I have licenses for both. > >Thanks, >Lynn And install them in separate folders - even better is on separate partitions. -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA "Lynn McGuire" <lmc@winsim.com> wrote in message news:id3qet$43g$1@news.eternal-septembe...

how to export contacts office 2010 in what format?
Microsoft 2010 OUTLOOK Beta need to back up my contacts how do I Do that and will I retain my .pst file in order to re-install my Outlook contacts 2007 Thanks Karl Same as all other versions. Make a copy of your PST file. Open it in the other installation. -- Russ Valentine "Karlh" <Karlh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B6DF089-154F-4CA9-A386-4DC7E2FD0981@microsoft.com... > Microsoft 2010 OUTLOOK Beta need to back up my contacts how do I Do that > and > will I retain my .pst file in order to re-install my Outlook contacts > 2...

Wiener Access Stammtisch (Nr. 77): Einladung f�r den 09.03.2010 ("Pizzeria Fantastica" Kagraner Platz)
Wiener Access Stammtisch http://access.primary.at/ access.st.wien@gmx.at Liebe Accessler, ich m�chte Euch hiermit zum 77. Wiener Access Stammtisch einladen. Termin: Dienstag, 09.03.2010, ab 19:00 Ort: Lokal "Fantastica, Pizzeria", Wagramer Stra�e 154, A 1220 Wien ------------------------------------------ Fantastica, Pizzeria http://www.fantastica.at/ pizza22@fantastica.at pizzeria@fantastica.at 1220 - Wagramer Stra�e 154 Restaurant, Italienische K�che Telefon: 203 75 39, Fax: 209 15 21 �ffnungszeiten t�glich 09.00 - 23.00 Gastgarten, durchgehe...

Synching OneNote 2003 Attachments
I have a user who uses OneNote 2007 from a desktop, laptop, and tablet PC to access notebooks stored on a server. In OneNote 2003, attachments like Word docs and PDFs were stored separately in the same directory as the notebook, unlike OneNote 2007, which stores them in the notebook itself. Whether the user is attached to the network or not, he can access attached files that were added since he upgraded to 2007, but those added while running OneNote 2003 are not available offline. He syncs the notebooks using the built-in synchronization feature of OneNote, so my question is...

Office 2010 Beta Google Calendar Sync Error Message
Could Not Connect to Microsoft Outlook error-2146959355. I would like to use Outlook 2010 Beta if only I can sync with Google Calendar..... Idon't have exchange server capabilities, camll business. Any suggestions or work arounds would be appreciated. Wouldn't that be a question for Google? "JacobTaylor" <JacobTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24FC62DD-CA9C-4B8A-90AB-B8B0A49578C3@microsoft.com... : Could Not Connect to Microsoft Outlook error-2146959355. : : I would like to use Outlook 2010 Beta if only I can sync with Google ...

Do I need outlook connector for office 2010 as with outlook 2007?
I see links to download the hotmail connector for office Outlook 2007, but not for the Beta trial, which I plan to get the full version when it's available. My phone runs on Windows Mobile 6.0, and I can't sync contacts with my pc without Outlook N Pietro wrote: > I see links to download the hotmail connector for office Outlook 2007, but > not for the Beta trial, which I plan to get the full version when it's > available. My phone runs on Windows Mobile 6.0, and I can't sync contacts > with my pc without Outlook This newsgroup discusses the rel...