OneNote 2007 What is the best way to create or use onenote for the following

I am trying to creat a Notebook that I can keep a reference about the
applications I work with:

The structure of the Information is as follows:

Software
    Application 1
        Informations
        Module 1
            information
        Module 2
            information
    Application 2
        Informations
        Module 1
            information
        Module 2
            information

and the list go on

What is the best way to do that and I am a little bit confuse about what is
the different between section and section group

Thank your help and recommendation

0
msw
12/9/2009 12:53:20 AM
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

msw wrote:
> I am trying to creat a Notebook that I can keep a reference about the
> applications I work with:
>
> The structure of the Information is as follows:
>
> Software
>    Application 1
>        Informations
>        Module 1
>            information
>        Module 2
>            information
>    Application 2
>        Informations
>        Module 1
>            information
>        Module 2
>            information
>
> and the list go on
>
> What is the best way to do that and I am a little bit confuse about
> what is the different between section and section group

"Section groups" are just a hierarchy level *above* sections.
"Sections" contain the pages.
One keeps sections in sections groups.
Section groups can be "nested", i.e.: section groups held in section
groups.

Things might be structured as like the following:

Section group App1
  - section group Info
  - section group Module 1
    - section Info

It does not really make sense, however, to create section groups which
only contain just *one* section (like in your sample). "Groups" (and a
section is a "group" for the pages) - like in "real life" - only make if
there is just *more* than just one member.

So it's up to you how deep you want the hierarchy to be.

HTH
Rainald

0
Rainald

Microsoft Error Report on OneNote 2010 Beta: Detail Included
Microsoft Office 2010 Beta OneNote One original notebook and several of the included templates Original notebook is password protected. On startup of OneNote 2010, the first page of the original notebook appears, along with the grey screen where you are supposed to click to enter your password. Before I get a chance to click to enter the password, the following message appears: Microsoft OneNote has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. The information you were working on might be lost. Microsoft OneNote can try to recover it f...

outlook 2007 calendar week view
Hi, I am using mostly the calendar in week view, settings 1 week mo-su workday 8am till 10 pm, time scale 60 min which (almost) gives me a full view of my week. Although I like the improvements to outlook, what unbelievably irrates me is the fact that when move back and forth to this view it always shows (scrolls) to 2am as a starting time (I am not a morning person, and I will in 99.99999% of the cases have nothing going on before 7am so all what comes earlier is completely useless to me. Is there anyway to changes this so I can see all till midnight (I do stuff late evening) without...

Use this correction update
--lakymbtkhmtihejq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="qkvrwqngjewmscak"; type="multipart/alternative" --qkvrwqngjewmscak Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="jhmbjtnsxte" --jhmbjtnsxte Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer fr...

can't fwd to internet email using Rules Wizard
Hi, I'm sorry if this has been brought up before. I'm not able to forward my incoming emails to any internet email using Outlook 2000 SR-1. There's no blocking AFAIK. If I forwarded the email manually (click Forward, type in the internet email), the recipient can receive the emails. However, if I automate it using Rules Wizard, the recipient doesn't receive my email. There's no error message returned to me, btw. I'm the Exchange Admin here, so where do I start t/shooting? THANKS. ,Sur Sur <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > I'm the Exchange Admin here, so...

using hyperlink to open image file from a button
I use the hyperlink function to open an image file on the hard disk whose address is contained in a cell. But can I get this to attach to a button using a macro or can I open a file whose address is contained in a cell in some other way. I used a button from the Forms toolbar and placed it on my worksheet. I assigned it this macro: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim BTN As Button Dim testStr As String Dim myCell As Range With ActiveSheet Set BTN = .Buttons(Application.Caller) Set myCell = ActiveCell Set myCell = .Cells(BTN.TopLeftCell.Row, "A&...

Using the Euro symbol
I have an Access front end to a SQL Server 2005 database using ODBC linked tables. There appears to be a problem when using the euro symbol in queries. SELECT * FROM tbl_Datatable WHERE (tbl_Datatable.strPRICE)='?40'; This query returns nothing although there are many entries with a strPRICE of '?40' SELECT * FROM tbl_Datatable WHERE (tbl_Datatable.strPRICE)='$40'; This query returns all with a strPRICE of '$40' How do I use the symbol in queries? Regards Colin Col wrote: > I have an Access front end to a SQL Server 2005 database using ODBC lin...

New to SUMPRODUCT .. is there a better way?
Just starting to work with SUMPRODUCT, thanks to references to Debra Dalgleish's blog - http://blog.contextures.com/archives/2009/06/17/excel-for-underdogs/ and her link to Bob Phillip's write-up: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html in these NGs. I have a table of historical data (laid out as a table, not actually formatted as an xl2010 table nor xl2003 list) where each row represents a single sample and it's associated data. I'm working to create, on a different worksheet in the same workbook, a summary showing a) the oldest and b) newest sample date an...

using UDL to connect to Foxpro database
Hi all, It seems that microsoft is no longer supporting ODBC connection to Visual Foxpro 9. Instead, it is recommended to use OLE database provider. I have created the connection information to be used with the OLE driver (UDL file) but I can't find how to use it from within the pivot table "get data" wizard. I can only see the ODBC connections. Can anybody help? Thanks ...

Calendar changes in Outlook 2003 not showing up following mailbox move
We have recently migrated some of our users from our native Exchange 2000 Server over to Exchange 2003. All clients are using Outlook 2003. Previously, the admin would keep the calendars of her two managers open within her own calendar pane, and new meeting agendas that she sent would appear immediately as "tenative" on the calendars of her two managers. However, after migrating her and her managers to the new Exchange 2003 server, her managers' calendar isn't being updated automatically nor immediately. (if at all). If she sets meeting agendas for users still on the olde...

COUNTIF? Use one column as condition to determine average of another
This may be beyond the scope of basic excel, but here goes. C4:C16 contains a list of times, or durations in this case. In D4:D16 each cell contains either a "yes" or "no" what I would like to do is average the "yes" times. So referenc D4:D16 as a condition to determine which times to average. I could just manually seperate the "yes" times and compute the average but there must be a way to do it as described above -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On 5/8/04 6:43 PM, in article pacman2k4.15ylio@excelforum-nospam.com, "pacman2k4...

3.0: Worflow Manager: Emails are not being sent when using a temp
I have created a rile that will email to the Contacts email address when a CST create a new Case record, the Case Stage is Logged using an Email Template. I understand that when using templates the To field is disabled so I have selected Logical User/Contact for the CC field. My test has been to create a new case and wait for the email to be delivered which it isn't. Then from Cases, I manually Apply Rule and receive: An error has occurred. Please contact your system administrator. Can anyone help me with this? Many thanks on advance. ...

Outlook 2007: Ctrl+Backspace spits out squares rather than deletes words
I noticed this in the beta release but shrugged it off as a beta bug. I see now that I should have reported it as a bug because it seems to have been rolled out in the RTM release. I have gotten into the habit of hitting Ctrl+Backspace to undo entire words of recently typed text. This is a great time saver. Unfortunately, in Outlook 2007, I am seeing the e-mail editor spit out squares (i.e. valueless Unicode character blocks). It's erratic; I can hold Ctrl down and keep hitting Backspace and it might create two squares, maybe five squares, maybe one, before it will finally "ca...

Remove 'Non Commercial Use' in Office title bar
QUESTION: - How to easily & quickly remove the 'non commercial use' in the title bar for a newly installed version of office professional 2007? BACKGROUND I am running Windows 7 and have the Office Professional 2007 on dvd. My new laptop was pre-installed with office 2007. I did not un-install this, I just put in my new office 2007 professional dvd and completed the installation. Everything works, however, outlook (only outlook) displays the 'non-commercial use' in the title bar. I have no entry for office 2007 in the add/remove programs. The only entry i...

using Money 98 files under Windows 7 Home Premium?
Hello, I have a friend who I have just moved onto Windows 7 Home Premium. He has some Money 98 , .mny, files. I understand that Microsoft has stopped support for Money? How can he access these files? He still has Money 98 on his old PC - can he open the files with this and save them in another form which he could access under Windows 7? Cheers Geoff In microsoft.public.money, Geoff wrote: > > >I have a friend who I have just moved onto Windows 7 Home Premium. > >He has some Money 98 , .mny, files. I understand that Microsoft has >stopped support ...

Use general email with SBS2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01CAD69B.DA75D230 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi guys, I have the following case. The customer have a general email address = which he wants all workstations to have access from Outlook within a = SBS2003 server. Is there a way to setup this general email address ex: = info@MyCompany.com so user A,B,C can receive this email and been able to = reply using this email address only? Thanks! P.S. If I would not be using Exchange ...

How to change font style for highlighting using ITextDocument
Hello, Using the Rich Edit Control I am able to change the font style at will for text ranges but this causes the document to be flagged as modified which is not what I want, how can I modify the font but not effect the modified flat? Eli >Using the Rich Edit Control I am able to change the font style at will for >text ranges but this causes the document to be flagged as modified which is >not what I want, how can I modify the font but not effect the modified flat? Eli, Have you considered calling CRichEditCtrl::SetModify to clear the control's modified flag? Dave -- MVP VC...

creating mailboxes E2K7?
HEllo, as you see i'm new to E2K7 and i *wrongly* thought it would be an easy upgrade path like e2k to 2k3, well i can't find anything!, i've spent most of last week reading documentation, techcenter, blogs, sites to no avail. mainly, �WHERE IS MY ADU&C INTEGRATION?, i was very fond of the exchange tasks and be able to view mailbox properties on the same console, now the ADUC doesn't has anything about exchange, and on exchange MMC there's that wizard which is useless if i want to create letsay.. more than 3 mailboxes. what happens if i want to create a mailbox at...

In Excel, using line wrap with text, some cells will appear as ##.
In Excel, using line wrap for text, some cells will appear as ######### on one line. Attempts to correct the problem by re-entering the format (text-line wrap checked-top alignment) do not work. Even copying the style from a "good" wrapped cell does not correct the problem. If it has to do with column width, double-click on the line between the column with the ### and the one to right, you 'll expand the column, exposing the full number. EX: cell A1 has ####, so position the cursor between the A and the B column headers, on the line until the cursor turns into a black lin...

Failed to logon using AUTH.
I currently have an EX2k SP3 server running on a W2k DC/GC SP4 server. I recently installed EX2K3 on a W2K3 Enterprise member server, which will become our new Exchange server, into our single forest domain. I created four test users with mailboxes on the W2K/EX2k server, upon completion of this; I performed a mailbox move, of one of the test users, on the EX2K3 server successfully. The move process was fairly quick and after a refresh within Enterprise Manager the Mailboxes were shown in the “Administrative Group/First Storage Group/Mailboxes" container within the EX2K3 Server. I verifie...

Trying to send distribution list. I follow instruction on help me
I tried help index, and followed instructions; the word " item" will not appear in the "insert" menu. I can't sen a distribution It's there. State your Outlook version and editor if you can't find it so we can tell you where it is. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jchick6942" <jchick6942@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B9ADD0C-CE2A-4143-911D-E4F91E5419A4@microsoft.com... >I tried help index, and followed instructions; the word " item" will not > appear in the "insert" menu. I can't sen a dis...

Great Plains should use Transaction Processing in SQL Server
This concerns Great Plains version 7.5 on MS SQL Server 2000 SP3. Day before yesterday a brief electric power outage occurred exactly while a user was posting a batch of invoices in PM. The database server and other network components were on UPS and did not fail in any way, but the workstation PC doing the posting was not on a UPS and it rebooted. This left the invoice batch in a sort of "half posted" state. In fact there was resulting damage in both the PM and GL areas of the database, because we have the system set up to post through in detail to GL. We first attempted...

The picture use as background increase dramatically the size
Hello everybody: quite happy i found this place, i hope you can help me in this error I dealing with I have a excel file with three sheets in which, among some formats and formulas i insert a picture as backgroud (format -> sheet -> background) the picture I insert is a 90 kb file, bmp, 1 pixel high, 32000 pixel long, resolution 96 dpi and 24 bits depth colour the original file is about 555 kb, containing 3 of this pictures, one per sheet then i soupose 90 x 3 = 270 kb becouse of the pictures 555 -270 = 285 kb becouse of the rest the file i send to some person, this people fill som...

office 2007 excel
i want to customize my toolbar by adding two buttons like making a macro toolbar that has two options below it .can anyone help? Hi Thomas Take a look at Ron de Bruin's site http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- Regards Roger Govier "thomas" <thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4967D479-51D4-4770-8F3D-95C79FE0344B@microsoft.com... >i want to customize my toolbar by adding two buttons like making a macro > toolbar that has two options below it .can anyone help? ...

Clicking on "Help" in Word 2007 results in a blank help window.
Instead of the online help displaying as it should, the content of the Help window is completely blank. The user reports this happened quite a while back, so doing a System Restore would be shooting in the dark. Is there some registry change to make to get this working as it should? ...

Security Warning when creating a new class with MFC ODBC Consumer
With VC++ .NET 2003, i'm creating a new class (MFC ODBC container). Everything seems to work until im about to generate the class. I get this "Security Warning" message box text : "The connection string in the generated code may contain plain text passwords and/or sensitive information. Please review the wizard generated code for details." If I confirm this box, my whole VS closes automatically. I tried with VC++ 6.0 and it worked perfectly. But i dont want do use anymore this version. Thanks Vince That's shows up because of a pragma in the code created by ...