OneNote 2007: Can different people work offline & it'll synch up a

Example: A shared notebook is on the office network where everyone can access
it.  Everyone can work in it and make changes.  Two or more people need to
take it home over the weekend (offline) and work on the same notebook. Then
on Monday when they come in the office, they want all their work synched back
to the original notebook.  Is this possible and how?
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Example: A shared notebook is on the office network where everyone can access
> it.  Everyone can work in it and make changes.  Two or more people need to
> take it home over the weekend (offline) and work on the same notebook. Then
> on Monday when they come in the office, they want all their work synched back
> to the original notebook.  Is this possible and how?

It works automagically !

ON notices the disconnect and the reconnect by itself.
You can observe the actual sync behaviour by clicking at the "View sync
status" button.

Only one hint:

Do NOT CLOSE a notebook you're working on offline.
That would be a deadly mistake ;-)

The reason behind is that ON caches all changes locally until they can
be synched. If you close the unsynched notebook prematurely then the
changes are lost.

So: never close a running notebook ...

Bernd
0
Bernd
3/27/2010 12:00:10 AM
As Bernd says, sync-ing pages which were changed offline is automatic
with ON2007.

See Chris Pratley's blog discussing Shared Notebooks in 2007:
http://blogs.msdn.com/chris_pratley/archive/2005/09/27/474299.aspx
0
John

can't send or receive emails

Access 97 can't resize database window

backup file won't work!!
OK, now I've really had it! This is my last resort! Several years ago, while using Money 97, our computer crashed. We had backed up every time we used money, so I thought we were OK. However, we could never get the backup file to pull up after fixing the computer and everything was lost. I vowed that this would not happen again, so I tried backing up on a ZIP disk instead, and then on CDs. I also got on this newsgroup and got the advice that I needed to first copy the backup file onto the desktop and open it from there. I tried doing that with the old program, and it seeme...

How can I get 32-bit Integers?

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Office 2007 forms

Outlook 2007 addresses
How can I find the list of addresses I have sent emails to? When you start a new email you can put a letter in the To line and list will come up. Where is that list? How can I print it out? Thanks Matt that is the autocomplete cache. You would need a utility to print it out. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040621.htm http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Out...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

Can you delete Business Alerts?

can I snap wrap points to a text box

Why ClassWiard can't see my Class?
I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(Class-B) which derived from CWnd class. When I used mouse right-click on the new-created class, it shows a popup-command-menu which missing "add virtual function" and "add windows message handler". From ClassWizard I couldn't see the new-created class either. I tried to delete myprogram.clw & re-issue ClassWizard, but it doesn't help. Anyone can help ? Thanks, Eagle "EagleChen" <xx@xx> wrote in message news:uRGde941DHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(C...

Offline Folders #5
I am trying to get an outlook client setup so that it automatically opens offline without prompting the user. Does anyone know if this is possible, if so how to do it. Thanks Phil pearson In the properties of the e-mail account (Tools, Options, Mail Setup, E-mail Accounts, View or Change existing e- mail accounts) if this is an Exchange e-mail account, highlight it and hit Change, then More Settings. Select Manually Control Connection State, then select Work Offline and Use Dialup Networking. This should give you the desired effect. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying ...

Data migration - Adventure Works

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Publisher can not save file