Licensing meets rebranding meets tightly integrated solutions

Hello and good day.  I wish to build a piece of software that could be
considered 49% done already if I were to tightly integrate with parts of
OneNote.

A) Do I have to otherwise tell people somehow that it is built atop OneNote?
B) Will I be required to install or license "One Note" to them?
C) What is the licensing arrangement if any of this is allowed or capable of
happening?

onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Well, if your product requires OneNote then they'll have to own a OneNote
license.  However they obtain it (I.e. they already have it or they buy it
separately) they'll have to have it.

You can resell OneNote to them, but they will still have to be legal copies,
so you'll have to buy OneNote and then resell - just like any other bit of
retail software.

If you think you're going to sell a LOT of this you might be able to enter
into a licensing agreement with Microsoft at a reduced price.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"JamesIQ" <JamesIQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello and good day.  I wish to build a piece of software that could be
> considered 49% done already if I were to tightly integrate with parts of
> OneNote.
>
> A) Do I have to otherwise tell people somehow that it is built atop
> OneNote?
> B) Will I be required to install or license "One Note" to them?
> C) What is the licensing arrangement if any of this is allowed or capable
> of
> happening?

0
Ben

Creating Appointments or Meeting through Contacts without emailing
Outlook 2007 - I want to set up a meeting or appointment with a client and have it link to calendar - but I don't want to email a request to the client (Meeting request tab forces you to email). In 2003, this was easy and pain free. I know how to link from Calendar to Contact but not in reverse. Please assist. John Tell how how it was "easy" in Outlook 2003 and why it does not work the same in 2007? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: htt...

UK Action Pack Licenses
Do any of you run action pack licenses and open licences? In the UK you get 5 Suite Pro licenses and the suite module when you buy the action pack as part of being a registed MS partner. I am going to buy 4 more Sales Professional from my MS reseller. Do any of you know if this would cause a problem as the reseller is saying I can only buy licences which are of the same type as the action pack. I think this has to be a load of rubbish as you can mix suite pro and sales pro fine!!! Help would be appreciate with regard to this matter as the reseller has never dealt with anyone who has ...

OL XP : Meeting Request lost attachment (xls ppt ...)
When I send a Meeting Request I lost always my attachment (xls, ppt) .. I am in Exchange 5.5 Enviroment (no firewall, no security ...) ... Idea? Michae -- Zill ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Zille's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=26 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-186938868 Smae problem occurs if you drag an email + attachment to the tasks folder in 2003. If you sort it I would love to know more. Danny "Zille" <Zille.1mvgsn@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message news:Zille.1mvgsn@no-mx.msusenet...

1.2 Integration is not really 1.2?
Found out today that MS labeled the 1.2 integration disk incorrectly. Although it says 1.2, it's really 1.0 integration. Thought I would throw that out there before someone else "pays" like I did for one of MANY Microsoft mess ups with CRM! I went ahead and upgraded to 2003 Server and CRM 1.2 only to find out that 1.2 integration won't release for several weeks or months. So now I sit and wait. I could have had this all installed on W2K server if MS would have been more clear on the whole thing (or been "normal" and released CRM and Integration 1.2 at the same t...

Crystal License Issue
Hello: I have a new install of Microsoft CRM. When I use the Web Client and try to run a report, an error dialog appears: Crystal Reports Logon Error, Please verify that you have enough Crystal Licenses I looked at the Crystal Configuration Manager and noticed that the Crystal APS process was not running and would not start. I checked the DSN it was attached to and changed it from the sample db, Adventure Works 2000 to the organization_CRMCRYSTAL database. At first, the errors went away but the reports did not generate any data. I have users but user report returned nothing. I restarted ...

Which Mac Office 2004 licenses have I used?
Hey there - we're struggling with office 2004 at the moment; we must have installed the same license key on more than iMac - can someone tell me how to check which of our 3 licenses we've used? We have a 3 license version, installed twice and they won't let each other run simultaneously (without pulling out one of the network cables that is) Thanks! Alan Melbourne Hiya to change the licence: 1. run the Office Removal tool, you will find it here: Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Additional Tools/Remove Office/ RemoveOffice 2. When the first screen appear "Welcome to r...

Can I invite someone to part of a meeting?
Can I send someone an invite for only part of a meeting or do I need to set up a separate meeting request? torangel wrote: > Can I send someone an invite for only part of a meeting No or do I need to set > up a separate meeting request? Yes You'll need to create a separate request for that. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outl...

PO Integration fails after SP4
We have installed Dynamics GP service pack4 and integrations using eConnect for Purchase Orders are failing. Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.eConnect: Number = 8701 Stored Procedure taPoLine : Description = Document Date is required for PA No other changes have been made (that we can tell). -- NoDeveloper50 NoDeveloper50: I had the same issue and found this parameter: @I_vDOCDATE datetime = null, /* Document Date Date of the PO <Optional/Required> Required for PA */ Was added for SP4 for a project bug - so if you are passing Project information you have to pass this parameter no...

Process Holds in Integration Manager
We would like to be able to map a Process Hold on a Sales Order Processing integration ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6c65e3d1-2958-42ff-9261-8b4a6b5aad60&...

office licensing
My company provided a free copy of Microsoft Office 2007 for home use which I installed on my personal laptop. It works fine and gets updates from the MS server. My desktop computer has Microsoft Office 2003. I have decided to swap installations and put the 2007 edition on my desktop instead now and put the 2003 version on the laptop.. How do I go about performing this feat? I am sure there will be licensing issues when I go to validate the products. I don't want to mess up my current installs unless I know I can make them work properly. badgolferman wrote: > My company provided ...

Why does my solution work?
Hello all, First of all I can't say how much help I've gotten just from reading these forums over a year. Incredible wealth of information here. But I've had this problem for a while and I can't seem to get my head around it. I'm not so much looking for a solution but insight here. I've been trying to find a workaround for importing mixed number/text data for some time now--the problem being that access converts some of my numbers into exponentials, losing some data along the way. I'm familiar with some of the workarounds and the simplest solution-- keeping th...

Is there an MS Access license for study and almost free of charge ?
Hi ! I am a newcomer to MS Access. I have to use MS Access at work in a company. Therefore, I would like to have it available for study purposes on my personal computer at home. So far I havn't found any text book with an attached CD with an Access version on it for study. Does an appropriate license/Access version exist ? Thank you very much for your kind help. Peter "pschrader" <none@none.de> wrote: >I am a newcomer to MS Access. >I have to use MS Access at work in a company. >Therefore, I would like to have it available for study purposes on my >p...

RMS Accouting Solution?
We are getting ready to implement RMS solution in a one store one lane retail environment, with possibly adding a second store with one lane later down the road. It looks like Quickbooks Pro 2006 is the best solution to intergrate with RMS for accouting and payroll. Is this so, or are there any other good solutions? Should we expect any signficant hurrdles with the intergration? Thanks Mark Garcia I haven't tried it yet myself, so this is just hearsay, but from previous posts it appears that Intuit has changed QB 2006 in a way that disables the RMS integration. If this is the case...

Spam solutions
I am looking for a spam filter. It needs to be able to filter by the following rules. Rule #1 The ability to, utilizing the header, verify by reverse DNS, that the Domain name is valid. If not, the email is dropped. If it passes - Rule #2 is checked. Rule #2 Take the IP from the header, and check that it is valid and that it matches the IP of the domain where the email is supposed to originate from. If this does not match, the email is dropped. If it passes, it is delivered. It seems that doing this would negate emails from Open Relay machines, and stop spammers from sending into my...

Moving license to a new computer

Question about Win 2003 R2 OEM license key
I installed Win 2003 R2 with a used OEM license key and media. Obvious it cannot be activated with this key. I asked the vendor to get a new license key. What the vendor told me is even I get the new license key, I will need to re-install Win 2003 with the media it shippes! Is this true? My believe is as long as it is unused new OEM license, I can just put the key in, even the Win 2003 is installed with a media that tagged with a different license key. Am I right here? Sorry--you have landed in a MacWord newsgroup. You'll need to find a Windows newsgroup to ask your question. http:...

Incoming Meeting Requests
Outlook 2007. My boss does not use his calendar. When he gets a meeting request, he is unaware of it, and will miss it. How can he have a pop up or reminder or e-mail sent to him so that he knows he has a meeting request on his calendar? "Deanne" <Deanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03BE5E19-44F7-46FA-BF72-0D2C9E13223C@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2007. My boss does not use his calendar. When he gets a meeting > request, he is unaware of it, and will miss it. How can he have a pop up or > reminder or e-mail sent to him so that he ...

Selling our CRM Licenses
We have decided to get rid of the Microsoft CRM and go another route. I was curious if anyone was aware of any legal restrictions regarding the sale of the licenses, or if there was a recommended method of selling our licenses to another company who would want them at a discount. Thanks! See section 10 of the EULA. "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A57F3190-0FE8-4CA5-992D-DA1C6FE9F5D8@microsoft.com... > We have decided to get rid of the Microsoft CRM and go another route. I was > curious if anyone was aware of any legal restrictions ...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 License key
Hi Support We just purchase new Microsoft CRM 1.2 OPEN license with the media CD for my customer. I order to setup require Organization Name "Adventure Works Cycle" + license "key" (MSDN). For my customer OPEN license purchase how do I register my customer Organization Name and get CRM 1.2 license key? Thank You If you have an open license login to eopen then go to help and choose licensing MS Business solutions and follow the instructions >-----Original Message----- >Hi Support > >We just purchase new Microsoft CRM 1.2 OPEN license with the media C...

find the solution
we had the same problem with a new version of authrest our problem was solved ...

O. 2002 interface with O. 2002: Invite attendees to meeting
I've recently migrated to O.2002. The rest of the office is still on O.2000. When I invite attendees to a meeting, and the attendees have O.2000 on their PC's, the invitation comes out all crappy on their PC's (line after line of scribble). Can someone advise me please. I have made sure that the option Rich Text Format is selected. Regards It's a known issue when a meeting request with a reminder on it is sent from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2000. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307313 for more information. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook ...

C360 licensing
Hello everyone, I have been trying to locate any information on how to 'add' more licenses to a current C360 install on your production server. Recent additions to staff has left us short on licensing. The program itself was installed by a contractor that was performing some data migration for us. Instead of going back to the same contracting company, I would like to learn how I can add additional licenses to the current install. Does anyone either have experience with this or the softare? Thank you. When you purchase lincense from C360, they will delivery a 'License Deploym...

Exchange Archiving Solutions
Can anyone reccomend an e-mail arcvhing product that intergates with Outlook? Right now I am looking at GFI's but it requires you to view all mail through a web interface. Thanks, Forest http://eval.veritas.com/mktginfo/products/Datasheets/Data_Protection/ent_vault_6_microsoft_exchange_03172005_dsht.pdf -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "Forest Leonard" <fleonard@rvigroup.com> wrote in message news:e$d5kl9FHHA.1912@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Can anyone reccomend an e-mail arcvhing product that intergates with >...

GP 9.0 Integration Manager sample case files
Can anyone help me get my hands on the sample data for the case labs? I was able to download the manual (from Microsoft Dynamics PartnerSource – Home – Training Materials – MBS Training & Certifications Link is https://mbs.microsoft.com/CMS/Templates/site/DLPP.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID=%7b4C1D48FA-4A70-4F7F-8A28-1D1C8B2F149D%7d&NRORIGINALURL=%2fpartnersource%2fcommunities%2ftraining%2ftrainingmaterials%2fstudent&NRCACHEHINT=Guest) but no one can figure out how to get the sample data. If I can't download it, do you know if I buy the Instructor Manual, would I ...

plz solve this i need solution
total average result RANK 544 54.4 fail FAIL 593 59.3 pass 10 637 63.7 pass 6 611 61.1 fail FAIL 627 62.7 fail FAIL 632 63.2 pass 7 686 68.6 pass 2 653 65.3 pass 4 653 65.3 pass 4 713 71.3 pass 1 654 65.4 pass 3 what i need is i would like to give rank to only pass student not to fail student ...n rank in sequence too...means see the problem it give's value 1,2,3,4,4,5,6,7,and 10 . but actully i need 8 in place of 10.plz solve ..... ...