Is there a way to OCR/Index an attached PDF document?

Using OneNote 2007 is there a way to index/OCR an attached PDF document so
that when doing a search the contents of the attached file will be displayed?
 I have several notebooks and several attached PDF files in those notebooks.
Thank you in advance! - - DY
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

MODI ( MS OCR Library that uses old OmniPage Engine ) was not integrated into OneNote.  Therefore you need to download the attachment to the hard drive and OCR using third party app.  I recommend ABBYY or Nuance.  This is how you would for email attachments as well.
0
Chris

adding MIme for PDF
When I send a pdf file from Outlook 2003 (Exchange 2003 SP1) it recognizes the pdf file as an application\octet-stream. How can I change this so it recognizes the pdf as a pdf? This is causing issues because application\octet-stream are blocked and pdf's are allowed. Any thoughts? Internet Message Formats in Global Settings -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Bad Beagle" <maxwelli@nospam.postalias> wrote in message news:%23j21Ke8vFHA.2008@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When I send a pdf file from Outlook 2003 (Exchange 2003 SP1) it recogn...

sending attachments in rich text format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007C_01CA9538.F7528CD0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Can anybody tell me how I send an attachment with an e-mail from within Microsoft Office 2007 in rich text format please Wendy ------=_NextPart_000_007C_01CA9538.F7528CD0 Content-Type: image/gif; name="QMARK.GIF" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-ID: <7D394D5C2EB043D9A973E27399E2B9B5@andyPC> R0lGODlhEwAfAPcAAP8ICP8PDv8VFf8dHP8kI/...

Attachments convert to text format
When I send a message with an attachment in Outlook XP some receivers claim that all they receive is a text mail. My default mail format is plain text. If I change it to HTML I fear some recivers would not see the content at all. How can I solve it ? Note: I change the format of a particular mail if it contains an attachment, but sometimes I miss to do that. Tork2001 wrote: > When I send a message with an attachment in Outlook XP some receivers claim > that all they receive is a text mail. > My default mail format is plain text. If I change it to HTML I fear some > recivers ...

Exch 5.5 modifying attachments.
One of Exchange 5.5 Servers has started converting attachments or changing them. Especially true of those for MACs. Now clients can not use them; render some attachments worthless. What has changed on our server; and how do we change it back? For instance, it changes to appl ms\tnef.doc = when it should be an image. Start here http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?InCC_hdn=true&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&Product=msall&Queryc=tnef&Query=tnef&KeywordType=ALL&maxResults=150&Titles=false&...

Can not send message nor send an attachment from the web
This is what I get when I try to send a message and an attachment from the web. Can you please help me out. The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject ' Check out this article Half a Million Plastic Coffins?', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D "adrian" <atheop@att.net> wrote in message news:ecvAdUTaKHA.4920@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > This is what I get when I try to send a...

Attachment to outgoing mail
I have an attachment to all out going mail, (gohip.com)a three line attachment that appears every time I try to send new mail or reply to mail. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this annoyance? Microsoft is useless. Why would you expect Microsoft to fix a problem that you created with a 3rd rate, buggy, crappy 3rd party program???? A simple google search returns the following page: http://www.pchell.com/support/gohip.shtml Perhaps a bit less complaining and a bit more research will solve your problems. Unless you like complaining instead of taking responsibility for your actions wh...

Attachments #81
When I receive mail with an attachment, the attachment is not recognized by any of the office programs, as the file comes through as either a .tmp or .bak file. If I know that the attachment is a Word document, I can go and change the extension, but what to do when you don't know. PLEASE HELP! ...

Outlook Express deletes attachments #2
My parents tried to open an attachment and it states that OEM has deleted the attachments and puts a lock symbol in front of the e-mail. How can this be fixed and how can I unlock the e-mail after it is fixed. ...

can not receive emails with web links attached
Could someone tell me how to change controls to allow for emails with website links attached to come through? I can not receive emails with website links attached. ...

How do you import data from one Excel document to another?
Hey everyone, I work at a school and I'm trying to update their attendance reports from hand written to excel, but I'm running into several problems. For one, I need it to be able to calculate how many "Ab"s (absents) there are in the worksheet (for the individual student's attendance page). And THEN, I need to have the sum show up on a completely new document (for the overall attendance report). Is that possible? I've fooled around with data importing and several other things, but I'm just too new at this. If what I'm asking is possible, can anyone he...

Is there a way to automatically put the $ sign into the formula?
I want to turn this =A1 into =$A$1. How is the best way of doing this. Is there a shortcut....keyboard stroke to do this?? Hit [F4] several times and watch the results. Micky "hrb_2001" wrote: > I want to turn this =A1 into =$A$1. > How is the best way of doing this. Is there a shortcut....keyboard stroke to > do this?? > Hi, Enter =A1 then tap F4 Repeated taps of F4 scroll through the referencing options -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently an...

Convert Publisher document to a .pdf file
I create a multi-page newsletter using Publisher. How does one convert this to a single .pdf file? My first attempts (copy/paste into Acrobat) only produce page 1. Is there a way to capture the whole document which includes photos and clipart so that I can paste it into Acrobat? Thanks, EdC. You don't paste into Acrobat, you print the document to Acrobat. File, print, select the distiller or Adobe PDF, depending on the version of Acrobat. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ed C" <econgleton@snet....

note attachment
hi i want to write a code for attaching a note for a contact. can anyone help me with any code to start with? thanks a lot ...

Know how to print the paperclip icons for attachments in oultlook 2003.
Hello, I have been looking on Microsoft's website, and other resources, but have no found the solution. Situation: In oulook 2000, when you print an email - at the top is the TO:, FROM:, Subject, CC:, and attachment:. My problem is that in Outlook 2003, the print option for the attachment is missing. Does anyone have a work around? Thanks, Joe Cooper joe.cooper@geek.com ...

Fonts do not print in colur used when document created.
When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher the text is not always printed in the colour selected. This problem seems particular to Red & Blue. can any one help please. Peeter Have you tried some maintenance on your printer? Are you saving as a PDF? This problem has been reported using Microsoft's save as add-in. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peter Piper" <PeterPiper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76737C66-2B07-42DF-BFC5-828A14CE135F@microsoft.com... > When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher t...

This Document has been removed from Sales Order Processing History #2
Hi, We have imported data from GP Version 7.0 to GP Version 9.0. We did not upgrade it. All the history and all the transactions were imported into verions 9.0. Now I am trying to using Sales Inquiry from Inquiry >> Sales >> Transaction by Customer. Selected a customer, all details appeares including invoices, payments and other documents. But when I try to drill down on one SOP invoice I get above mentioned error. I checked the Sales Order Processing module, I found those documents and tried to drill down on them, it worked fine. But not from Receivable side. I have al...

Convert Publisher files to PDF or PS for commercial printing? How?
I was interested in an exchange I just read here about converting publisher files to PDF or PS and then taking them to commercial printer. Is there anywhere in the manuals (or help files) that would shed a little more light on that? I do many brochures for various small clients and usually just print them at home using paper direct paper -- probably the MOST expensive, most labor-intensive way to go. But I have never really understood the concept of "pack and go" -- just as I've never really figured out how to use PS fonts on my cheapie HP home printer. Anybody who cou...

Can't send email with attachments
Windows XP Pro SP3; Office 2007. When attempting to send email with attachment,document gets stuck in outbox and caption at bottom of screen says "preparing to send and receive". This goes on indefinitely.Size of attachment file does not matter. Small and large attachment files get stuck in similar manner. Email without attachment can be sent successfully. Turning off Trend Micro firewall and other internet security does not help. ibexx This is caused by your AV scanning in and outgoing emails. Uninstall your AV and re-install it without the email integration (scanni...

Opening an old Word document, date changed to current date
When I open old Word documents, the date gets automatically changed to the current date and I can't view the date that the document actually had. I am using MS Office 2007, but the old document was created in Word 2003. I can see the date that the file was last modified in the details of the file, but I cant guarantee that the date of the document is the same as the date last modified for the file. Press Alt+F9 to toggle the field code display and edit the DATE field code to read CREATEDATE. Then Alt+F9 to toggle back and F9 to update. The date displayed will be the date th...

Rule to auto reply using a dynamic text file as attachment or message body
Using the rules wizard in Outlook 2003, I have been able to create a rule that automatically replies to a sender that has specific words in the subject using "have the server reply using a specific message" or "reply using a specific template". My problem is this: I have a text file located on my local hard drive that is updated by an excel spreadsheet every 15 minutes. When someone sends me an email with specific words in the subject, I want to reply with the text file either as an attachment or inline message (perferred). The issue I am having is that the message speci...

Locking a publisher document
I am going to be placing something on a network drive that will be created in Publisher, I would like to lock it so that it can not be edited by others who will be viewing it. Is this possable. I do not want to read write protect it. On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:45:16 +0000, Megan wrote (in article <58FA818E-4A5B-4988-AF52-7C348750D7CC@microsoft.com>): > I am going to be placing something on a network drive that will be created in > Publisher, I would like to lock it so that it can not be edited by others who > will be viewing it. Is this possable. I do not want to read write...

receiving attachments as notepad documents
I am using Outlook 97. All incoming mail is received as a notepad attachment. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? ...

Not seeing attachments in Outlook
I have a user that is using Outlook 2002. He recieved an E-mail with an attachment, that is another mail message. When he opens the E-mail, he does not see the attachment in the attachments section of the E-mail. Anyone encountered this before? Thanks Tony ...

I cannot open other Publisher documents sent to me. Why not?
When someone sends me a file of a Publisher docmant I cannot open it. Any suggestions? I assume you have Publisher. Which version? Which version were the files created in? What specifically is the problem? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "rafe" <rafe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26762730-9244-4183-9A9A-D051D53F7C12@microsoft.com... > When someone sends me a file of a Publisher docmant I cannot open it. Any > suggestions? JoAnn Paules wrote: > I assume you have Publisher. JoAnn, JoAnn, JoAnn... What have I told you about assum...

Not able to open attachements in outlook 2007
I have just converted from Outlook Express to Outlook 2007. The oonly problem i have it that I am not able to view, open or save attachements. e.g I can see there is a word doc attached in the preview pane. I double click to open the mail and i can still see the doc. I double click the doc and i get a dialog box saying "you should only open attahcments from a trustowrty source. Attachement : xxxxx.doc from xxxxx - message (html) Would you like to open the file or save it to your computer? there there are 3 buttons open save and cancel When I say open i get the message "the op...