how to I get 2010 beta OneNote to be active in 2010 beta outlook

I added OneNote Quick tab to Outlook, but it is not active.  How do I make it
active?
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Quick Tab"?  Can you clarify what you mean?  What steps diod you take in
Outlook (what version?) to get this to appear and what exactly doesn't
work?

=?Utf-8?B?U01H?= <SMG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I added OneNote Quick tab to Outlook, but it is not active.  How do I
> make it active?

0
Erik
12/2/2009 10:17:30 PM
I am running the Office 2010 Professional Plus Beta. I said quick tab, after
checking it is actually called the Quick Access Toolbar. I went to customize
the quick access toolbar and added 'Send to OneNote.' It did add the tab, but
it is not active.  Thanks for any help!! :)

"Erik Sojka" wrote:

> "Quick Tab"?  Can you clarify what you mean?  What steps diod you take in
> Outlook (what version?) to get this to appear and what exactly doesn't
> work?
>
> =?Utf-8?B?U01H?= <SMG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
> > I added OneNote Quick tab to Outlook, but it is not active.  How do I
> > make it active?
> >

> .

Did you add the Send To OneNote command to the QAT for the main outlook
window or to an item type window like email and contacts?

In Outlook, click file  \ options \ addins.  Is the OneNote notes about
Outlook items disabled perhaps?

--
Thanks,
John Guin

"SMG" wrote:

> I am running the Office 2010 Professional Plus Beta. I said quick tab, after
> checking it is actually called the Quick Access Toolbar. I went to customize
> the quick access toolbar and added 'Send to OneNote.' It did add the tab, but
> it is not active.  Thanks for any help!! :)
>
> "Erik Sojka" wrote:
>
> > "Quick Tab"?  Can you clarify what you mean?  What steps diod you take in
> > Outlook (what version?) to get this to appear and what exactly doesn't
> > work?
> >
> > =?Utf-8?B?U01H?= <SMG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >
> > > I added OneNote Quick tab to Outlook, but it is not active.  How do I
> > > make it active?
> > >

> > .

Okay, yes the OnbttnOL.dll is in the inactive section.  When I go to the
Add-Ins section, it says under the Load Behavior:  Not loaded. A runtime
error occured during the loading of the COM Add-in. Not sure how to fix it.
I have run the Office repair.  Thanks again for the help!! :)

"John Guin [msft]" wrote:

> Did you add the Send To OneNote command to the QAT for the main outlook
> window or to an item type window like email and contacts?
>
> In Outlook, click file  \ options \ addins.  Is the OneNote notes about
> Outlook items disabled perhaps?
>

> --
> Thanks,
> John Guin
> OneNote Test Team
> http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin
>

> "SMG" wrote:
>
> > I am running the Office 2010 Professional Plus Beta. I said quick tab, after
> > checking it is actually called the Quick Access Toolbar. I went to customize
> > the quick access toolbar and added 'Send to OneNote.' It did add the tab, but
> > it is not active.  Thanks for any help!! :)
> >
> > "Erik Sojka" wrote:
> >
> > > "Quick Tab"?  Can you clarify what you mean?  What steps diod you take in
> > > Outlook (what version?) to get this to appear and what exactly doesn't
> > > work?
> > >
> > > =?Utf-8?B?U01H?= <SMG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> > > .

Thanks for the help to get me in the right direction.  I kept trying
different things and finally got!!  It has this file twice in the COM Add-ins
section, one was checked the other was the one that says did not load.  I
unchecked the one that was checked and put a check in the other and that
worked!! :)  :)

"SMG" wrote:

> Okay, yes the OnbttnOL.dll is in the inactive section.  When I go to the
> Add-Ins section, it says under the Load Behavior:  Not loaded. A runtime
> error occured during the loading of the COM Add-in. Not sure how to fix it.
> I have run the Office repair.  Thanks again for the help!! :)
>
> "John Guin [msft]" wrote:
>
> > Did you add the Send To OneNote command to the QAT for the main outlook
> > window or to an item type window like email and contacts?
> >
> > In Outlook, click file  \ options \ addins.  Is the OneNote notes about
> > Outlook items disabled perhaps?
> >

> > --
> > Thanks,
> > John Guin
> > OneNote Test Team
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin
> >

> > "SMG" wrote:
> >
> > > I am running the Office 2010 Professional Plus Beta. I said quick tab, after
> > > checking it is actually called the Quick Access Toolbar. I went to customize
> > > the quick access toolbar and added 'Send to OneNote.' It did add the tab, but
> > > it is not active.  Thanks for any help!! :)

Outlook blocking attachments
I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? Thanks, Dan Dan wrote: > I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with > a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is > that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? > > Thanks, > Dan try here: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm ...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Reminders in Outlook

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

Outlook default to paragraph

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away

Outlook 2003

cant start outlook pst file to large

OutLook and Notes co-existing.

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

Outlook OOF

outlook 98 corperate forms

Moving Contacts to Outlook Address Book

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Outlook Express 6 w/multiple accounts

Outlook Express 5 #2
On loading, error message "MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module DIRECTDB.dll at 017f:7dbf3070.." Appeared to coincide with display config change? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of...

outlook express 6.0 in ms 98
I cant seem to delete any of my sent mail messages in Outlook express 6.0 i am operaitng in ms 98..up to 8400 messages now. Please help ! At the risk of being obvious, click on the first item in your sent items folder while holding down the shift key. Then scroll to the bottom and click the last item. That will select them all - or you can use any range you desire. Then just click the delete icon or press the delete button. Once done, you might want to empty the deleted items folder (assuming it doesn't tell you there isn't enough room there and they'll be permanently delete...