How do I restore Unfiled Notes section function in OneNote?

Somehow I managed to destroy the function of the Unfiled Notes section.  Now
when I start OneNote, for example clicking OneNote from a meeting
notification the text appears at the very top level, not as a separate page.
There is no way to move or rename the Unfiled Notes section page.  I need to
restore the Unfiled Notes section function and I don't really want to reload
Office 2007.
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Somehow I managed to destroy the function of the Unfiled Notes section.  Now
> when I start OneNote, for example clicking OneNote from a meeting
> notification the text appears at the very top level, not as a separate page.
> There is no way to move or rename the Unfiled Notes section page.  I need to
> restore the Unfiled Notes section function and I don't really want to reload
> Office 2007.

Please look (in ON) under Tools, Options, Outlook Integration.

There you can define the place your OL items.

Bernd
0
Bernd
3/30/2010 10:00:48 PM
nucker1 wrote:
> Somehow I managed to destroy the function of the Unfiled Notes
> section.  Now when I start OneNote, for example clicking OneNote from
> a meeting notification the text appears at the very top level, not as
> a separate page. There is no way to move or rename the Unfiled Notes
> section page.  I need to restore the Unfiled Notes section function
> and I don't really want to reload Office 2007.

You may delete the "Unfiled Notes" files (after renaming it [for
re-animating what was in it]).
It will be re-created automatically at the next start of ON.

Rainald

0
Rainald

If value in cell Then perform function #2
Hi Guys Many thanks for the solutions - they both work! Emm -- emm808 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- emm8080's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1185 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27483 ...

TEXT Function: please help
I have a sheet that keeps track of MAC to IP adresses. I've created a formula that will output the required format for DHCP server import. The formula was quite long and it was suggested to use the TEXT function . Thanks to Bob Phillips and my friend LavaDude my rather legthy formula has been reduced to the folowing, but it doesnt work correctly. =IF(D2="","","host"&L2&IF(C2="","",".")&IF(OR(B2="",B2>30,),"",B2&"-")&C2&"{ hardware ethernet "&TEXT(D2,"...

I have a question about using a function in a form
I have used the "workingdays2" function in a query to calculate the number of working days between two days like so... WorkingDays2([SLA_Date3],[SLA_Date4]) I have tried using this in a text box in a form but the calculation won't work. Any ideas? Another stupid moment. Date4 was earlier than Date3, duh! "SteveM" wrote: > So I assume WorkingDays2() is a user-defined public function? > SLA_Date3 and SLA_Date4 are fields on your form? > > Try putting = sign first: > > =WorkingDays2([SLA_Date3],[SLA_Date4]) > > Steve > > &quo...

Windows Vista File Backup / Restore
Can anyone help. I've had a drive partition fail and, after a couple of days work (and a new drive), need to restore ALL the files from the original partition from my backup(s). I'm not clear how I do this... I assume Vista does Incremental Backups between Full Backups...? In which case I need to restore my (most recent) Full Backup followed by my Last Backup? Only problem is, I cant see, from the Vista Restore utility, which was my most recent Full Backup! Help. Thanks Mark ...

Adjusting toolbar size, restore toolbar
I use MSN stock quote add-in. This has a toolbar w/ several buttons on it. However, I did something the other day and now I can not view all the buttons. And I can not adjust the width by "dragging". How can I restore the toolbar or adjust the width. I also unistalled and reinstalled the add-in, but it did not help Thank you! Try View > Toolbars > Customize "Josh M" wrote: > I use MSN stock quote add-in. This has a toolbar w/ several buttons on it. > However, I did something the other day and now I can not view all the > buttons. And I can n...

Combined Functions
Hello, I am trying to streamline my work. I am trying to apply two functions to the same data at once. Is this possible? 1. PROPER(A1) 2. TRIM(A1) How would I combine the above two and have the result appear in one cell? Thanks, -- fncuis ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fncuis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26466 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=397792 Good afternoon fncuis Try this: =TRIM(PROPER(A1)) HTH DominicB -- dominicb ---------------------------...

Problem with a Function
I had posted earlier some formulas I am trying to reduce to functions and didn't get any response. I guess it was too hard or maybe can't be done. Anyway, I'm taking a small piece of it and trying things on my own. In a cell I have the following function: =QBRushYds(1, 1) The first argument is week number corresponding to a sheet name and the second arguement is the position of the player corresponding to a cell on the sheet. The function returns an error (#Value): Here is the function definition: Public Function QBRushYds(W, Q) ' Calculates Points for R...

Word 2007 Find/Highlight Function
In Word 2007, the Find function allows you to find and highlight words or phrases in a document. However, saving the document with those 'found' words highlighted does not save the highlighted text. Additionally, if searching for multiple different words in a document, when you search on a 2nd or subsequent word, the 1st or previous 'found' word highlight all disappear. This functionality was possible in Word 2003 and XP environment. Question: In Word 2007, is there a way to highlight and keep highlighted multiple word searches/highlighted words and save the do...

Lookup function doesn't work
I am using a lookup function to compare the results in sheet1 column 1 to sheet2 column 2 and return the results of sheet2 column2. The function seems to work for the first few entries, but then returns the wrong results for some of the other entries. I am using "=LOOKUP(A7,Sheet2!$A$2:$A$16,Sheet2!$B$2:$B$16)" and it is copied down a column of text/numeric entries in the first sheet. Has anyone else had problems with this? Thanks. -- Frank L Are the values in the lookup_vector i.e. "Sheet2!$A$2:$A$16" in ascending order ? -- Rgds Max xl 97 -- Please respond, in new...

Importing ACT v5/2000 Contacts AND Notes into Outlook 2003
Hi I am trying to import ACT 2000 contacts (including notes) into Outlook 2003 and the notes are not coming in. I have exported 3 records into a little separate ACT v5 database format and verified that the 3 records have notes in them. Then I have tried to import this database into a new Outlook profile and though the Contacts appears, the notes do not Any ideas Thanks in advanc Nitesh Two suggestions: Try using Access as an intermediary between ACT and Outlook. That way, you can check if notes truly do appear in the export (I have not had luck with transferring notes and I have done this...

Preserving formulas when using sort function
Hi If I have a two columns of data say, A and B and the are added together in rows in Column C eg A1 + B1 = C1 A2 + B2 = C2 etc If I then move the contents of cell A1 and put it in say A23 the value of C1 does not change because the C1 become A23 + B1. However, if I sort Column A then the value of C1 changes and the formula appears to be wrong because it now takes the new value of cell A1 How can I make sure that when the sort takes place that wherever the value in A1 ends up it is still added to B1 to create a value in C1? Any help appreciated Hi Andy, Why aren't you moving th...

VBA Function to explode string
Hi. I am wanting to know hbow I would go about getting the following 3 cells: Cells A1, A2, A3: :: 1-4,6,8 50 S1B1:: Into a form that looks more like this ::A1 A2 A3 1 8.33 S1B1 2 8.33 S1B1 3 8.33 S1B1 4 8.33 S1B1 6 8.33 S1B1 8 8.35 S1B1:: How it does the rounding (and on which one), it does not matter! Thanks, Tom -- tomjermy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tomjermy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24666 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382414 You haven't exp...

Rand() function
Excel spreadsheets using the rand() function in Excel 2000 are not behaving the same way in Excel 2003. The distributions that were "almost-normal" are now significantly non-normal. Does anyone have a pointer to how to fix this problem ? Perhaps: The RAND function returns negative numbers in Excel 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834520 Otherwise, RAND() in XL03 is *far* more "almost-normal" than XL00 or XL02. Description of the RAND function in Excel 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828795...

I need to compose a ticket for a school function.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=ticket -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "nikk" <nikk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BB843C2-C773-4DCF-AB1F-617DE90F380B@microsoft.com... > ...

system restore 12-12-09
tried a point only 2 wks old. in Safe mode. No Changes made.... No Norton on set. Actually I want to dump all Updates that autoran in the last 2 wks, so I can retry SP3 taht is crashing. is there a way to do them en masse? thanx Never, EVER use System Restore to "undo" an update, Service Pack, or IE upgrade! Intead, uninstall the update, Service Pack, or IE upgrade & reboot. If that doesn't correct the problem, then try System Restore. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 www.banthecheck.com plugg...

Formatting Result of Custom Function
We are trying to format the result of a custom function. Is this possible. The code below does not do this. Here we are trying to format the letters "cde" in the "test" function below using Macro1 Function test() As String Application.Volatile test = "abcdefgh" End Function Sub Macro1() On Error GoTo iErrors With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=3, Length:=3).Font .Name = "Calibri" .FontStyle = "Regular" .Size = 11 .Strikethrough = False .Superscript = False .Subscript = False ...

COUNTIF Function 04-19-10
I am trying to use the countif function by rows and it is not calculationg correctly. I try to drag the formula down and it just repeats the same value as the origin cell. Is there some type of malfunction with tis function? It would help immensely if you had posted your formula for us to evaluate. Without it, my best guess would be that your formula currently looks something like: =COUNTIF($1:$1,"My value") when it should be: =COUNTIF(1:1,"My value") -- Best Regards, Luke M "csmith13" <csmith13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

How to restore a deleted Folder
Hi I have accedently deleted my receiving folder. Is it possible to restore it. If yes how can I restore it. Thank you -- Viper It should show up as a subfolder of your Deleted Items folder then unless you've already confirmed it to delete it permanently. Restoring methods completely depend on your version of Outlook and type of mail account that you are using. Restoring from backup will always work of course. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://ww...

How do I indicate a empty or blank cell in an IF function?
I am trying to do a simple IF function but don't know how to indicate if a cell is empty or blank then I want a certain text value returned. What I am trying is: =IF('Sheet 1'!A15=IS NULL,"NO","YES") What I want is if the cell indicated on an other sheet is empty or blank then the word NO to appear in the formula cell and if it does have text then YES to appear. How can I do this? Hope I made myself clear enough. I couldn't figure out how to ask help the right way to get the correct answer. Thanks for all of your help! Never Mind. I seem to ha...

hOW TO USE eXCEL FUNCTION
=IF(AND(M26<=7501,N26="A"),M26*G12,IF(AND(M26<=7500,N26="B"),M26*F12),IF(AND(M26<=7500,N26="C"),M26*E12),0) SO THAT I AM ABLE TO UNDERSTAND IF SALARY OF EMPLOYEE LESS THEN 7500 AND GRADE IS A THEN 10% OR GARDE IS B THEN 8% OR GRADE IS C THEN 6% OR NOINCREMENT Hi, I think this is what you want =IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="A"),M26*G12,IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="B"),M26*F12,IF(AND(M26<7500,N26="C"),M26*E12,0))) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest a...

Record Notes
Hi, Is there a way to print record notes in receivings transaction entry ? Notes attched with Receipt No. I am using great plains 8.0 (sp2) Thanks BS You can always use the RW_GetNoteText() User Defined function from a set of calculated fields. The parameters are in currency IN_NoteIndex; { Note Index of Note } in integer IN_characters; { Number of Characters per Line } in integer IN_line; { Line Number to Return } For more details see the Report Writer Programmer's Interface in the SDK (Software Development Kit). The SDK can be installed from the Tools folder of CD 2 of the Gr...

Adding Notes Field to a Phone Call Report
We are wanting to put together a report that lists phone calls by completed. When the report runs, we would like to have any Notes that are attached to the phone call show up in the report. Anyone know how to accomplish this? Thanks!! Cammie On Mar 25, 3:24=A0pm, Camilla Turner <CamillaTur...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are wanting to put together a report that lists phone calls by complete= d. =A0 > When the report runs, we would like to have any Notes that are attached to= > the phone call show up in the report. =A0 > > Anyone know how to accomplish ...

Restoring mailbox store fails
I've just installed a Windows Small Business Server which comes with Exchange 2003 Standard. The problem is that I can't restore mailboxes. What am I doing wrong? Here is how I try to do it: - Backup using ntbackup utility in advanced mode MS Exchange server\First Storage Group - Create Recovery Storage Goup and then Connect Database - Mailbox Store. After this I have First Storage Group with Mailbox Store mounted and Recovery Storage Group with Mailbox Store unmounted. Folloing step is restore Mailbox Store from backup. I run ntbackup and in Select what to restore mark First ...

Assign commands to function keys
The AA where I works swears up-and-down that she is able, using Excel 2000, to assign Excel function to the function keys (F1-F12). I would like to move her to Excel 2003, but I cannot find this capability. Two questions: 1) Is she correct? That is, does this functionality exist with earlier versions of Excel? 2) Is it possible to assign Excel functions to Function keys in Excel 2003? Thank you. Gerry Gerry, Maybe she is referring to "Excel shortcut and function keys"... http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP011116591033.aspx The list is actually incomplete, for inst...

Need help with IF function
Is there any way for me to run an IF function that meets the following criteria: If column C INCLUDES the word "German", then return "German" in this cell. Right now I have =IF(C:C="German","German", 0), but it's not working. The problem is that column C is a long string of text that may or may not include the word German anywhere in the text string. The text is seperated by colons so I could break the column out into multiple columns, but the word "German" doesn't always appear in the same node of the text string. blah : blah : Ger...