Create shared Web accessible Notebook in Onenote 2010 beta?

I am working on a small project and want to share a ON 2010 notebook
with the rest of the project group. We work from home so we are never
on the same local network.

I tried to create a shared notebook using the Web option but at step 3
where you are supposed to enter the location, I see:

3. Web Location:
Windows Live SkyDrive
  We are sorry. This service is currently not available.

What's going on? Is this feature not available in the beta?

BTW, my version is
Version: 14.0.45361000 (32-bit)

Bob
0
Bob
3/1/2010 9:05:39 PM
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Bob wrote:
>I am working on a small project and want to share a ON 2010 notebook
> with the rest of the project group. We work from home so we are never
> on the same local network.
>
> I tried to create a shared notebook using the Web option but at step 3
> where you are supposed to enter the location, I see:
>
> 3. Web Location:
> Windows Live SkyDrive
>  We are sorry. This service is currently not available.
>
> What's going on? Is this feature not available in the beta?

Exactly!
This feature is not yet implemented.

Rainald

0
Rainald
3/2/2010 5:49:32 PM
On Mar 1, 1:05=A0pm, Bob <ralva...@spambob.net> wrote:
> I am working on a small project and want to share a ON 2010 notebook
> with the rest of the project group. We work from home so we are never
> on the same local network.
>
> I tried to create a shared notebook using the Web option but at step 3
> where you are supposed to enter the location, I see:
>
> 3. Web Location:
> Windows Live SkyDrive
> =A0 We are sorry. This service is currently not available.
>
> What's going on? Is this feature not available in the beta?

I found this discussion that states that "David Rasmussen from the
Microsoft OneNote team and he confirmed this feature is not ready."
This was on Jan. 23. Is this still the case? When is it expected?

http://iheartonenote.com/2010/01/20/sharing-notebooks-in-office-2010/#comme=
nts
0
Bob
3/2/2010 6:09:50 PM
Any updates?  In it now June 1st and the feature is still not
functioning.

Thanks.

--
rvandling
0

By the way - you may want to move over to the Web Forums as this newsgroup
is about to get "shut down".
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addonenote/threads is the
OneNote forum.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"undisclosed" wrote in message

> Any updates?  In it now June 1st and the feature is still not
> functioning.
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> rvandling

0
Ben
6/1/2010 9:31:16 PM
Thank you.

--
rvandling
0

Access 2003 Frontend and 2007 Backend
Can an Access 2003 frontend connect to a 2007 backend? Or will this potentially corrupt data? ...

cant turn off navigation pane access 2007..
I uncheck the start-up option in Access 2007 to Display Navigation Pane, then close and re-open, and Pane is still there. The box is still unchecked when I go back into, and I'm not running any other start-up code, etc... any ideas? thx! It sounds like you have followed the same steps outlined here: http://accessjunkie.com/faq_37.aspx My only guess is that your database has some slight corruption, so this property setting is not being saved correctly. Try creating a new Access database and importing all objects into it. I give explicit instructions, for Access 2003 and earlier...

Importing web objects (?)
Hi, does anyone know if its possible to import a web chart in Excel (i.e. a web query). For example I would like in import one of the Google Finance charts to show up in excel. Google provides a link, but I can't see an easy way to implement this. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Nelson On Jan 24, 9:28=A0am, Nelson <bni...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, does anyone know if its possible to import a web chart in Excel > (i.e. a web query). For example I would like in import one of the > Google Finance charts to show up in excel. > > Google provides a link, ...

copy an access report to word
I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. Right-click the table name > click Export... > select Rich Text Format as your Save as type: > Enter the file name if necessary > click Export "LD41" wrote: > I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. ...

Excel 2002 Create Workbook (merge/reformat)?
I have 12 seperate spreadsheets I want to combine into 1 workbook (12 tabs). Any other alternative ways to do this other than copy and paste? Need to reformat "most" of the worksheets, I assume this can be done if all 12 tabs are selected. I may have to do this several times otherwise I would just copy and paste. Each spreadsheet has an average of 3k-4k transactions. You can open the workbook, ctrl-click on the worksheet tab and drag that worksheet into another workbook. (Then close that "sending" workbook and open the next...) ~Dave~ wrote: > > I have 1...

Access Modules Won't Run Now
I moved my database file from one computer to another. Now, my code is not executing. For example, I have some code that is supposed to run when a field "gets focus (i.e. On Got Focus)". It is not working. Since I am in Microsoft Access 2007, I went to the "Office Button" and then clicked the "Access Button" then went to the "Trust Center" Option and clicked on the "Trust Center Settings..." button. I then went to the "Macro Settings" and changed the setting to "Enable all macros...". However, this had no impact on run...

Create a Line Chart
I am having great difficulty trying to create a line chart in Access 2007. I have a report with the following fields: Staff_Component 1QTR 2QTR 3QTR 4QTR Operations 10 28 45 33 Can someone please explain to me how I can create a line chart? Thanks and Happy Holidays! *Glen* The report fields don't mean anything. You can generally add a chart control to your report and use the wizard to set up your chart properties. I expect you will need to update the Row Source property since the wizard often clobbers it. T...

How to create a rule which triggers when a condition is NOT met?
.... for instance, in OLExpress and Pegasus one can create a rule with the symbol "@" in the conditions and request the rule to "move to the Junk email folder" all mail which do NOT meet the condition. I can't seem to find this facility anywhere in MS Outlook. Thanks for your help in advance and apologies if this question has already been asked and answered elsewhere (if it *has* I would be grateful for the link). Regards, russel You can achieve this by creating a rule which works on all mail (by not having any selection criteria) then use "except" th...

Creating a query out of another query
Hi Guys, I have a query looking like that: field1 field2 field3 field4 field5 field6 Data 1 Test 6 Poly 8 Data 5 Poly 10 I need a query from this query like this: Field 1 Field 2 Data 1 Test 6 Poly 8 Data 5 Poly 10 I'll really appreciate if someone can help me with this one Thanks This should do it -- SELECT Field1 AS Field_1, Field2 AS Field_2 FROM YourTable WHERE Field1 ...

How do I create a 46 page member directory?
I was wondering if publisher can create a membership directory that would be 46 pages in length? The front of the handbook would be the names/adresses and so forth and the back part would be images of each businesses business card. Is publisher the right software for this? I was volunteered for this job, so any help would be most helpful! Thanks, Bryan I'd use Publisher if I was doing that job. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Bryan" <Bryan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D94BC8CE-1B55-443E-9925-65AC606F5A52@microsoft.com... >I wa...

Error message creating install package
I am trying create an install package but allways I get error message after pressing OK at the final phase. The message is: "The destination install subfolder name cannot contain any of the following characters: /:*?"<>|+,;=[]" My subfolder's name is Family. Why this message? -- Have a Nice Day! ...

Multiple database files created
I have an Access 2007 database that resides on our company's server. The database tracks incoming and outgoing shipments and is used by several employees throughout the day. I've noticed that in the folder where the database resides several additional database files are created throughout the day with names like database.mdb, database1.mdb, database2.mdb, etc. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? The database was created with Access 2007 using the 2003 mdb file format, as most of the end users have Office 2003 applications. Ken Warthen kenwarthen@gmail.com 1. Turn off...

How can you see the name of the person who has a shared document .
I deal with a lot of group folders and spreadsheets. If I try to open up a spreadsheet that is already openend by someone, a pop-up tells me that "abc123.xls is locked for editing by "xxx"." How can I get the person's name to show up instead of it being blank? Thank-you, Megan mac981, The name is the name the software is registered under (during installation). if that's not provided (left blank) during the installation, it'll show up blank. It's not too easy to change it.. you'll have to do that thru the registry. "missmac981" ...

Creating a template for a cross-functional flowchart
Hi, I use Visio 2003. I am trying to create a template for a cross-functional flowchart. 1) The title bar needs to be 0.5in in height, containing the logo, revision number, approver name, etc. 2) This is followed by a blank frame of height 0.25in. 3) Then come 5 bands. The user should be able to add or delete bands as required. I created a cross-functional flowchart with 5 bands (There is a title bar, a blank frame, and 5 bands). I then used the shapesheet to increase the height of the title bar. Then I added the logo and other details to the title bar and saved this as a template. Af...

about code Access security(CAS)
Hi! I'm reading a book from Microsoft Press (exam 70-536) and it says something that you might have an answer to. It says " CAS can be used either declaratively, in which case the compiler perform security check prior to running code, or imperatively, in which case the code itself perform security checks and controls what happens if the checks fails." I mean it must be the runtime that perform the security check before actually having started the application ? //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message new...

Help with econnect trying to create a contract for GP
Hi all, I am trying to use the serializer and create a contract/project and budget line items, i was wondering if anyone has some examples. When i use the serializer with contract, it drops off the pstat value in the xml document and then recive the error that a variable is empty. Thanks all ...

shared calendar issue
We are using Outlook 2007. One of our users has read/write access to her manager's calendar. When she books a meeting from her manager's calendar, she always gets a message saying "this appointment already exists in calendar server". The appointment then goes into her managers' calendar but she does not get notificationthat the appointment has been emailed to attendees (it doesn't go in her sent box). Any help appreciated, -- Michelle ...

Reading Excel Checkboxes in Access
Hi All I created a spreadsheet with checkboxes (controls) on it for reporting purposes. I now need to import the data contained on the spreadsheets into Access. The data is not laid out in neat columns or rows, it was formated to be a stand alone report originally. My problem is not in reading cells within the spreadsheet, I'm able to do that. My issue is that I can't tell if a checkbox is checked or not. What I've done: If I execute the following code in Excel I return a boolean partAM = CheckBox15.Value I return true or false Here is my access code: Set xlapp = New Excel....

Unable to logon to several web sites
I have recently bought a new computer with Windows 7 & IE8. I have problems with loging on to several sites (mainly Bank sites), where it opens another window for the logon. I originally thought that it was a problem with the popup blocker, but I have loaded the web sites as exceptions, without any success. I have turned the popup blocker off with any change. I have tried this on a different computer and it worked ok, but the Bank web site came up with a page to say that it did not support the browser but that we could continue it we wanted to. Obviously this site has no...

Create graph to compare spending (Money Plus Deluxe 2008)
I am trying to compare spending in just one category (groceries) between two different periods, like month by month, this month to last month, or the first 10 months of last year to the first 10 months of last year. I can't find how to do this. I've been able to do it with just a report, but I'd like to look at in graph form, preferably a bar graph. Can anyone help? In microsoft.public.money, Rick wrote: >I am trying to compare spending in just one category (groceries) between two >different periods, like month by month, this month to last month, or the >first 10...

problem in saving folder as .onepkg in ON2010(beta)
First of all as a fresh member I'd like to shout BIG Hello to everyone in this busy forum! Now to my first question. After installation of onenote 2010beta I decided that instead of converting all my folders I will make a grand overhaul of them. Thus I moved most of my sections from old folders into a one new folder (2010 compatible). So I did as I planned without any difficulty. The cherry on my ice cake was going to be a creation of extra backup - independent of the default one (you know just in case :wink:). After choosing option 'save as' to Onenote Package (onepkg)...

Norton Internet Security 2010 compatibility problem?
I'm having assorted problems with both Windows Live Mail (current version) and Windows Mail; some information from a Norton/Symantec chat technician indicates that WLM is not compatible with NIS 2010 and WM is not fully compatible. I only installed NIS 2009 after seeing information that is known to be compatible with WM, and assumed that upgrading to NIS 2010 and/or installing WLM would not cause any new problems. Should this assumption be revised? Robert Miles I use Windows Security Essentials. The technician is not correct. NIS 2010 is not compatible with WLM. ...

Create contact with VBScript
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_096D_01C3A874.FD3C0E30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have the following code to create a contact in a Public Folder. Code = was working fine until we upgraded the box it was running on to Win2k. = Hasn't run since. I'm not blaming Win2k, just note-ing that the = platform did change. Box has Outlook 2000 pre-SR1 installed and CDO.DLL = version 5.5.2653.12. The error is reported on the line with Items.Add (olContactItem) and = says: "Mi...

How to create a simple Stacked Column chart?
I'm pulling my hair out over what I thought would have been a simple task: I have an Excel 2003 pivot table and chart. On the Chart tab, I drag a field to the Category axis and Page. Then I drag 3 numeric fields to the Data area. I set the Chart Type to Stacked Column. The problem: the 3 numeric fields still display as 3 separate bars/columns. So the question is why doesn't Excel stack them? I have seen numerous similiar posts, but no real understandable answer (at least not to a newbie at Excel charting and pivot tables). Thanks!!! Hi, The number of items in the stack will ...

Access expression
I would like to know how to write an expression where I take the last name and the first name and combine them together with the Apostrophe example: O'neile,a it should be coming as Oneilea. Thank you Hi Try this function below. Copy and paste the function to a module. HTH, Immanuel Sibero Function fExtractSpecStr(ByVal strInString As String) As String Dim lngLen As Long Dim strOut As String Dim intCount As Long, strTmp As String lngLen = Len(strInString) strOut = "" For intCount = 1 To lngLen strTmp = Left$(strInString, 1) strInString =...