http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"ltlme" <ltlme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8B18E8DE-EA6B-42DB-B17D-2AA0A9C61750@microsoft.com...
> I have meeting notes in One Note going back over a year and can't figure
> out
> how to have a new page appear at the top of the page list.  By default,
> new
> pages appear at the bottom of your page list and you have to manually drag
> the new page up to the top.  Anyone know how to change this setting?

0
Ben
5/12/2010 9:48:06 PM
Ben M. Schorr, MVP wrote:
> "ltlme" wrote:

>> I have meeting notes in One Note going back over a year and can't
>> figure out
>> how to have a new page appear at the top of the page list.  By
>> default, new
>> pages appear at the bottom of your page list and you have to
>> manually drag the new page up to the top.  Anyone know how to change
>> this setting?
>
> As far as I know, you can't.

Your knowledges reaches far enough ;-)
Yes, there is no such feature as the OP would like to have.

Rainald

0
Rainald
5/13/2010 4:18:29 PM
I support so many versions of so many products that sometimes I find myself
scratching my head to try and remember which features are in which versions
(or not at all).  For this one I looked at OneNote 2010 (the one I have
handy) and assumed if it's not in 2010 it must not have been in 03 or 07
either. :-)

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:

"Rainald Taesler" <taesler@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Ben M. Schorr, MVP wrote:
>> "ltlme" wrote:
>
>>> I have meeting notes in One Note going back over a year and can't
>>> figure out
>>> how to have a new page appear at the top of the page list.  By
>>> default, new
>>> pages appear at the bottom of your page list and you have to
>>> manually drag the new page up to the top.  Anyone know how to change
>>> this setting?
>>
>> As far as I know, you can't.
>
> Your knowledges reaches far enough ;-)
> Yes, there is no such feature as the OP would like to have.
>
> Rainald

0
Ben
5/14/2010 2:56:21 AM
Ben M. Schorr, MVP wrote:
> "Rainald Taesler" wrote:
>> Ben M. Schorr, MVP wrote:

>>> As far as I know, you can't.
>>
>> Your knowledge reaches far enough ;-)
>> Yes, there is no such feature as the OP would like to have.
>
>I support so many versions of so many products that sometimes I find
> myself scratching my head to try and remember which features are in
> which versions (or not at all).  For this one I looked at OneNote
> 2010 (the one I have handy) and assumed if it's not in 2010 it must
> not have been in 03 or 07 either. :-)

Only too understandable ;-)

What I did meanwhile:
I installed the English version of ON2007 under the XP-mode of Win7.
So it's rather easy to (a) just check how things were the old version
and (n) look up the terms in English.

As we are at versions:
IMO it's really necessary that in the future the user will specify the
version in the subject (with a "tag" - [ON2003] / [ON2007] / [ON2010])
So we regulars should tell them to do so.

I'd suggest to use a "signature" used at each first reply in a new
thread asking for using the "tag" when asking the next time.
What do you think?

Rainald

0
Rainald
5/14/2010 4:18:05 AM
I already have a macro for "What version of OneNote are you using?" :-)

And, actually, in Windows 7 I have virtual machines set up that run OneNote
2003 and OneNote 2007.  I just didn't feel like firing up the VM to check at
that particular time. :-)  Guess I'm getting a little lazy.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:

> Ben M. Schorr, MVP wrote:

>>> Your knowledge reaches far enough ;-)
>>> Yes, there is no such feature as the OP would like to have.
>>
>>I support so many versions of so many products that sometimes I find
>> myself scratching my head to try and remember which features are in
>> which versions (or not at all).  For this one I looked at OneNote
>> 2010 (the one I have handy) and assumed if it's not in 2010 it must
>> not have been in 03 or 07 either. :-)
>
> Only too understandable ;-)
>
> What I did meanwhile:
> I installed the English version of ON2007 under the XP-mode of Win7.
> So it's rather easy to (a) just check how things were the old version
> and (n) look up the terms in English.
>
> As we are at versions:
> IMO it's really necessary that in the future the user will specify the
> version in the subject (with a "tag" - [ON2003] / [ON2007] / [ON2010])
> So we regulars should tell them to do so.
>
> I'd suggest to use a "signature" used at each first reply in a new
> thread asking for using the "tag" when asking the next time.
> What do you think?
>
> Rainald

0
Ben
5/23/2010 5:54:13 AM
Ben M. Schorr, MVP wrote:

>> As we are at versions:
>> IMO it's really necessary that in the future the user will specify
>> the version in the subject (with a "tag" - [ON2003] / [ON2007] /
>> [ON2010]) So we regulars should tell them to do so.
>>
>> I'd suggest to use a "signature" used at each first reply in a new
>> thread asking for using the "tag" when asking the next time.
>> What do you think?
>
> I already have a macro for "What version of OneNote are you using?"
> :-)

That's a different issue :-)
It seems that you misunderstood me :-(

My suggestion was aiming at creating a common practice for posting in
the NG and in the "forum".
IMHO ut would be ways better if each posting would have a "tag" showing
the version in the subject-line, f.e.:

"[ON2007] Can you customize order of new page"

"[ON2010] Lost notes"

Rainald

0
Rainald

Sequentially numbered Purchase orders
In the past with Office 97. I used a purchase order template that would basically self number itself. when it opened a small box would appear and by clicking it the PO received a unique number. How can I accomplish this using Office XP. ...

Property Page
All, How can I make a property page active from a menu item? Thanks in advance.... I got it. m_dlgPropSheet.SetActivePage(m_dlgPropSheet.GetPageIndex(&m_EnSyncPage)); "The Truth" <sharp_mind@email.msn.R.E.M.O.V.E.T.H.I.S.com.no.spam> wrote in message news:e$YuNOJkEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > All, > > How can I make a property page active from a menu item? Thanks in > advance.... > > ...

Can't use Merge feature
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything), I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the "merge" feature? To merg...

Just installed new hard drive
I just installed a new hard drive and used the drive's utility program to copy everything from my old drive to the new one. Now Outlook isn't going out to my ISP's server and getting my new messages, and when I send a message I get the "no transport provider available" error. (My connection's just fine.) I looked online for some help. One recommendation was to delete the Personal Folder and create a new one. I did that, but then all the messages I had disappeared and it freaked me out so I didn't want to mess with anything else. How can I make it work ...

can you tell me what an error 920 is?
I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is appreciated You can go to the following link and it explains the issue you are having and how to fix it: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=295691 "Julie" wrote: > I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep > getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is > appreciated > > > ...

can you see what i am writting?

OWA Password page not showing up.
I installed the hotfix from kb 833734. I've also tried to follow the steps found at kb 327843. However, when I set an account to "change password at next logon" and go to that account in OWA on a FE that's using forms based auth, it doesn't redirect to the page for changing an expired password. However if i direct my browser to that page manually and fill in the form, it unexpires my password just fine. Is this how it's supposed to work? Shouldn't it detect that it's expired and thus redirect me to the page for resetting my password? Thanks. This ...

How can I choose alternate rows in a column?
My requirement is to be able to create a column whose elements consist of difference between adjacent elements in a column, say column A. If I can choose alternate elements and create 2 new columns then I can just subtract the 2 columns easily. Huh? "pnair" <pnair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D47AD012-084B-49C6-8672-5067E8455D9E@microsoft.com... > My requirement is to be able to create a column whose elements consist of > difference between adjacent elements in a column, say column A. If I can > choose alternate elements and create 2 new colum...

Article published by Microsoft reg. 'Event' custom entity
Recently, I found a great article published by Microsoft that contains a sample code on how to create a custom entity, event. I thought that I bookmarked it but cannot find it. Has anyone seen it and can provide a hyperlink? I will really appreciate it. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682866.aspx you'll probably find it in the above link "mkatsev" wrote: > Recently, I found a great article published by Microsoft that contains a > sample code on how to create a custom entity, event. I thought that I > bookmarked it but cannot find it. Has anyone seen...

Activities for an Opportunity Order
Is there any way to have activities for an Order in an Opportunity rollup and appear in the Activities/History for the Opportunity? They show up for the related account, but it would be helpful to be able to see these in the related Opportunity. Thanks, -Rick M. On Apr 20, 12:10 pm, Rick M <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there any way to have activities for an Order in an Opportunity rollup and > appear in the Activities/History for the Opportunity? They show up for the > related account, but it would be helpful to be able to see these in the > related Opp...

Can't Stop External Hard Drive
I have a Western Digital 250 gb external hard drive connected via USB port. I am also running Outlook 2007, which I believe has a function searchindexer.exe that searches all my drives to index the files on them. I want to be able to unplug the drive without first turning off my computer. But I get messages saying that the drive can't be stopped. It used to be that if I stopped searchindexer.exe, I could stop the drive. But that's stopped working. Here are two questions: 1. What is preventing me from stopping the drive?; 2. What is the worst that can happe...

Can't turn off a reminder!
An appointment reminder keeps popping up, but when I try to dismiss or open it I get a message saying "Cannot turn off the reminder. You may be reminded again. Cannot locate recurrance for this appointment." This appointment no longer exists in my calendar so I can't go to the appointment to delete it. Any way I can make this reminder go away? ...

Can't insert rows
I am using Excel 2007 and have just loaded a spreadsheet created in a previous version which is running in Compatibility mode. When I try to insert a row I get an message "Cannot shift objects off sheet". How do I insert rows on this sheet? No problem with another workbook loaded at the same time which was created in 2007. See if this helps http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=211769 "Cannot shift objects off sheet" error message when you hide columns in Excel -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my...

E-Newsletter Doesn't Print All Pages
Outlook 2003 & 2007 =================== Hello, I have a customer who designs and sends out an E-Newsletter in MS Publisher. When I receive the e-newsletter and try to print it, it does not print all of the pages of the newsletter. Typically it only prints the first page (of 3 pages). I realize most would recommend that the customer send it out as a PDF attachment, but the preference is to send it out as an e-newsletter. Any thoughts on why I can not print all of the pages in the newsletter and what I can do to make it work? Thanks for giving this some thought. w...

OWA
When using OWA, I can View my Emails on the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can use Find Name, and it will Search.. But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops up and says: "Failed to Send Item" Thanks... Ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange not Outlook. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.spa...

Z order in Visual Studio Dialog Editor
I have a dialog with a large Tab Control. On Top of that tab control are a few other bits and pieces. I keep ending up with the Tab Control on top of the other things, so I can't see them when modifying the layout of the dialog. I have a 'send to back' and 'bring to front' button on the Layout toolbar, but it isn't active when I have my Tab Control selected. I can't find another 'send to back' option. The option must be here somewhere - help?!? "GT" <ContactGT_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468d1731$0$26278$c3e8da3@news...