Bookmarks in OneNote

Are there bookmarks in OneNote, as in Word, so you can hyperlink to a
specific location in OneNote from Excel, for example?

Thanks!
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In OneNote 2007 (and 2010) yes.  Right-click on your paragraph in OneNote
and choose "Copy Link to Paragraph".
--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"Nickbray" <Nickbray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Are there bookmarks in OneNote, as in Word, so you can hyperlink to a
> specific location in OneNote from Excel, for example?
>
> Thanks!

1
Ben
3/8/2010 7:08:25 PM
Nickbray wrote:
> Are there bookmarks in OneNote, as in Word, so you can hyperlink to a
> specific location in OneNote from Excel, for example?

YesNo.
There are no "bookmarks" in the strict sense.

But one can create a hyperlink to each and any paragraph in ON
(right-mouse context menu) which is copied to the clipboard.
And this hyperlink can be inserted almost everywhere (in Excel, Word,
Outlook as well as in a shortcut on the desktop etc.).

Rainald

0
Rainald

Ability to invert the colors of a document printed onto OneNote
Hi, Can we invert the colors (from white background black font to black background white font) of a document printed onto OneNote? There is a similar function in Acrobat Pro (Edit->Preferences->Accessibility->change Custom Color). However, I don't really use Acrobat Pro as its annotating functionalities are really poor as compared to OneNote. More often than not, I print pages and pages of readings onto OneNote and annotate them. However, hours of reading on a LCD monitor tire my eyes easily. Currently, I set my screen to the lowest brightness level and even ...

OneNote 2010 RTM not allowing "share to web"
I am trying to create a notebook in OneNote 2010 RTM and use the "share to web" option but it says "This service is not available." Is there something I have to do to make this available? Just be patient. That feature is waiting on the Live.com guys to get their stuff checked in and rolled out. I don't know their schedule but it could happen at any time - I think they're pretty close to ready. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's G...

How to delete all bookmarks when using Word 2007?
I need to be able to quickly delete *all* bookmarks that might exist in a document. This is part of our procedure in cleaning up files we received from a number of different authors. We have just upgraded to Word 2007 from Word 2000. In Word 2000, I was able to use the macro found under Method 1 at: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/184041 I can't seem to find a similar article for Word 2007. I *have* found "Add or delete bookmarks at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP012265321033.aspx But this is a one-bookmark-at-a-time approach that I would *really* li...

Bookmarking feature for the discussion group topics
Just in case you're still working on a specific problem presented as a topic in this forum, you can always go back to topic more easily (similar to reply notification). Bookmarked topics to be included the user profile. -- Thanks and kind regards ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Outlook / OneNote
Is there a way to have Outlook use OneNote as its Notes, rather than the brain-dead Notes that is there by default? No. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, TonyK asked: | Is there a way to have Outlook use OneNote as its Notes, rather than | the brain-dead Notes that is there by default? Yes in Outlook 2007 with this add in; http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin/archive/2007/04/16/4-16.aspx ++++++++++++++++++++++++...

VBA code to go to a bookmarked drop down goes to wrong drop down
I am using vba code to perfprm a variety of tasks; the code is working fine, except, the last action before re protecting the form is to go to a specific bookmarked drop down 'byelaw1' but it goes to 'byelaw2' instead: Sub Onexitclassification() If ActiveDocument.FormFields("pclassificationDD").Result = "CASB(B)/ Offences against park byelaws" Then ActiveDocument.FormFields("Classificationtext").Result = "(In accordance with the LBS 'Byelaws for Pleasure Grounds, Public Walks and Open Spaces' November 2008)" ActiveDocument.Unp...

OneNote #3
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just moved to MAC and I'm trying to find a definative answer to when OneNote for Mac is being launched. I see lots of requests for ON on forums but they're all without response. I've tried Circus Pony but it lacks the simple usability of OneNote. Please can we have OneNote for Mac that works with entourage?? Best if you write direct to Microsoft on this. --rms www.rmschneider.com AceSi@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Pro...

Excel 2000 bookmark removal
I am using Excel 2000 with XP Pro O.S. Is it possible to delete bookmarks? TIA, Ray --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.590 / Virus Database: 373 - Release Date: 2/16/04 Bookmarks are usually used as an MSWord feature. You may want to rephrase. "R. G. Thompson" wrote: > > I am using Excel 2000 with XP Pro O.S. Is it possible to delete bookmarks? > > TIA, > > Ray > > --- > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft...

Bookmark not valid #2
On our new exchange 2003 server we are getitng the error "bookmark is not valid" when configuring the outlook 2003 profile... I can access via OWA.. Any ideas??? Event Log: Event ID 9126 OALGen encountered error 80040405 while calculating the offline address list for address list '\Global Address List'. This offline address list will not be available for client download. - /o=Company Name/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List Event ID 9330 OALGen encountered error 80040405 (internal ID 50007e6) accessing Active Directory Domain Controller for '...

Outlook 2003 error "The Name Could Not Be Resolved. Bookmark invalid"
Hi there, I recently installed Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003 Standard edition. I have 2 domain controllers. And one of them has installed Exchange Server 2003. After installed Exchange Server 2003, I attempt to access an Outlook client to use an exhange server, I enter ther name of Exchange Server 2003, and a mailbox name. But it is not working. Error is following. "The Name Could Not Be Resolved. Bookmark invalid." I cann't solve this error. can someone please help me. thanks! grund ...

problem with bookmark links in email sent as message, pub 2007
when i send a publisher document as an email message, most of the 'bookmark' links do not function in several email programs. oddly, some of the bookmark style links will work, and all of the external hyperlinks work, but most of the links to locations on page do not work at all. I have the same page put up as a webpage, (which works perfectly), so folks can click to that if they have problems viewing the email, but i'd really like the original email to function properly. i am sending the email using outlook express, as my version of outlook is too old for use with pub. 200...

I cannot enable Send To OneNote from Outlook 2010 Beta to OneNote
My Send to OneNote button disappeared after Outlook reported some error when it started. The error seemed to be related to OneNote 2007, so I uninstalled Office 2007. But now I cannot get the Send To OneNote button to appear again in Outlook 2010. First, it is very hard to find *where* to enable this. I finally found the AddIn "OneNote Notes about Outlook Items" in the "Innactive Application AddIns" list. I had to both ENABLE it (under Manage Disabled AddIns) and set it to start (under Manage COM AddIns). But after exiting and restarting Outlook 2010 the...

OneNote 2007 Trial
I'm trying to help evaluate OneNote 2007 for our Admin Asst. I was able to get it installed and working on her machine. On mine, I have downloaded and installed it, but continually get the message that the Trial has expired. My first time installing it was two weeks ago. I have tried to uninstall / reinstall with same results. Is this issue due to the time I initially installed Office 2007, or because I'm not using the Home / Student version of Office 2007, or something else? zyx wrote: > I'm trying to help evaluate OneNote 2007 for our Admin Asst. I was &g...

Problems sending emails to onenote
I can't send emails to Onenote it comes up with a Onenote box which keeps trying to do something, but then - I eventually get an error message saying there is a problem and to disable the addin...but as I understand it I need the Onenote addin in outlook. What version of Outlook are you using? What version of OneNote are you using? Do you have the OneNote add-in running in Outlook? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: ...

bookmarking in Excel
I'd like to be able to jump to a specific spot in a spreadsheet which has been saved as .htm. For exapmle, I'd like to be able to use HREF="stuff.htm#books" to jump straight to a spot containing books in the stuff.htm spreadsheet. I've named ranges and thought that would solve the problem. I don't really want to have to open up the spreadsheet.htm and manually insert these jump-to locations every time I save the spreadsheet anew. If you are a guru of posting spreadsheets to the web, please help. Thanks - Bob Arrgh! I just went through the spreadsheet and...

Office Document Pages in OneNote
Office Document Pages in OneNote I have used MS Office for a long time now and many times wanted some way to organize my documents a similar way as I did with binders and collecting documents in them. What I find in MS OneNote as almost what I want, but at the same time not, and that is very frustrating because I think in wouldn’t be too hard to implement it in OneNote. In One note I find at the left a list with my Notebooks, I can open each notebook and find tabs at the top representing sections and groups of sections, and within each section I have tabs at the right representi...

Notes in Outlook or OneNote?
Hello, I have been using OneNote to write my notes. Outlook supports notes. I am wondering if I should drop OneNote and use notes in Outlook, or use both. Please give me some advise. Thank you. Talal Itani Outlook's notes are so primitive as to be almost useless. Comparing the two is like comparing a stick of gum to a steak dinner. :) -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com "Talal Itani" <titani@verizon.net> wrote in message news:ed8Th.5081$SK3.4208@trnddc03... > Hello, > > I have been using OneNote to wri...

How to copy maps and inserted arrows in OneNote.
In OneNote, I inserted a Mapquest neighborhood map. I put a red arrow to point out my house. When I copy the map to my yahoo email, the red arrow doesn't paste. Any ideas? Can I group all the objects to become one? You could screen grab it (Windows Key + S) to the clipboard and then paste that image into your Yahoo mail. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "ggilmore48" <ggilm...

Bookmarks in OneNote
Are there bookmarks in OneNote, as in Word, so you can hyperlink to a specific location in OneNote from Excel, for example? Thanks! In OneNote 2007 (and 2010) yes. Right-click on your paragraph in OneNote and choose "Copy Link to Paragraph". -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/onenote.htm "Nickbray" <Nickbray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDAEF5FA-FAFC-4D10-83CF-5FF0588DFE44@microsoft.com... > Are there bookmarks in OneNote, as in Word, so you...

Bookmark code not working in Access 2007
I have a database that tracks accidents. There are about 800 employees. Each employee in the employee table called, "tblEmployees" has an id number (this is the primary key - called EmpNumber, data type is text). This table is related to a table called, "tblAccidentInvestData". The related foreign key field in this table is called, "EMPNUM". The primary key in tblAccidentInvestData is called, "AccidentInvestID". A main data entry form called, "frmInputAccidentInvest" has a subform called, "subfrmAccidentInvest". This subform puts...

Merge Word Bookmarks
I am merging an Access Form to a Word document using this code (in part). .ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("Bonus").Select .Selection.Text = (CCur(Forms!MLOG!Bonus)) I am unable to get the figures in the Word document to look like the ones on the Form. I've used CCur as well as CStr and the Form shows $1,500.00, but Word shows simply 1500. I used Currency for the Table and Form Properties. This part of the Form is a result of multiplying two entries. Another place that I chose 3 decimals for a quotient shows anywhere from none (for ans. of 1) to 15 decimal points (f...

PDFMaker adding extra characters to my bookmarks?
I've been using PDFMaker to convert my MS-Word styles to bookmarks for the past couple of years, but now that my office has upgraded us to Acrobat 8, I'm running into a problem. Each time a bookmark is created from a Word doc, there is a very small bit of text added to the front of it. The system seems to be numbering the bookmarks sequentially, starting with "0B" for the first bookmark, and continuing for the rest. They're very small characters, and unless you zoom in very closely, they look like periods at the front of each line. Example: ..Bookmar...

I recently upgraded to OneNote 2007 from ON2003.
I recently upgraded to OneNote 2007 from ON2003. When I try to edit sections that were brought over from the 2003 sections I get an error message that reports I am using a section created in an earlier version of OneNote that needs to be upgraded. When I click on the message it begins the upgrade but I then receive an error message that indicates that OneNote has encountered a problem and cannot complete this operation. I have all the upgrades installed in Windows XP. I reviewed earlier questions in this forum from 2006-2008 but did not see that the problem was ever fully ...

Can i use slideshow on onenote 2007
I can use slideshow on powerpoint but can it be used in onenote 2007 patrots269 wrote: > I can use slideshow on powerpoint but can it be used in onenote 2007 What do you mean by "slideshow" in this context? Some third-party tool? PowerPoint is an application for creating and presenting "presentations" (often called "slideshows"). ON is an application for note-taking and gathering information. I can not see what a "slideshow" might have to do with that :-( :-( Rainald ...

Can I automatically have onenote index my paragraphs?
Some of my onenote pages are getting quite large. I can manually copy a hyperlink for each paragraph on the page and include that link in an intial paragraph on the top. Creates a simple table of context or index to all the paragraphs on the page. Can I have one-note do this automatically for me? If so, how? Thx, Perry -- pschmidt64 > Some of my onenote pages are getting quite large. Why not use the "subpage" feature? It makes ON far better usable if one does *split* pages and use a number of "subpages" for logically dividing the content. ...