Bookmarks in OneNote

Are there bookmarks in OneNote, as in Word, so you can hyperlink to a
specific location in OneNote from Excel, for example?

Thanks!
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In OneNote 2007 (and 2010) yes.  Right-click on your paragraph in OneNote
and choose "Copy Link to Paragraph".
--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"Nickbray" <Nickbray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Are there bookmarks in OneNote, as in Word, so you can hyperlink to a
> specific location in OneNote from Excel, for example?
>
> Thanks!

1
Ben
3/8/2010 7:08:25 PM
Nickbray wrote:
> Are there bookmarks in OneNote, as in Word, so you can hyperlink to a
> specific location in OneNote from Excel, for example?

YesNo.
There are no "bookmarks" in the strict sense.

But one can create a hyperlink to each and any paragraph in ON
(right-mouse context menu) which is copied to the clipboard.
And this hyperlink can be inserted almost everywhere (in Excel, Word,
Outlook as well as in a shortcut on the desktop etc.).

Rainald

0
Rainald

Automatically create bookmarks between the occurrence of user-defined style.
Dear Experts: I got a document where the user-defined Paragraph Style (Style_User_Defined) occurs between 2 and n-times. I now would like to be able to automatically create bookmarks (naming convention: bookmark_1 till bookmark_n) between these occurrences of this user-defined style. To be more precise: Bookmark_1: Spans from FIRST occurrence of 'Style_User_Defined' till the paragraph immediately preceding the SECOND occurrence of 'Style_User_Defined'. Bookmark_2: Spans from SECOND occurrence of 'Style_User_Defined' till the paragraph immediately pr...

Linking from Visio to Excel bookmark?
I want to be able to link from a box in a Visio file to a particular spot in an Excel document. I've been told that Visio does not support links to bookmarks in Excel. Is this true? If so, is there another way I could accomplish linking from a spot within Visio to a spot within Excel? Thanks! Yeah, you can get it to work with the pound sign. Address: "...\Desktop\Bob.xls#myRange" Works in Save As Web... too! -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "LisaH" <LisaH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:334C3B2F-6338-47C3-924D-8E3A41420878@mi...

Insert Bookmarked text
I use Word as the default composer in Outlook. I have a button in Word that, using VBA code, will insert into the active document the contents of a certain bookmark found in another Word document. Here is the essence of the VBA code: Selection.InsertFile FileName:="MyDocName.doc", Range:="Address" In 'regular' Word, the process works just fine, and the text found in bookmark 'Address' is properly inserted. But in Outlook, the command results in the entire document "MyDocName.doc" being inserted as an attachment to the message. Is there any wa...

Open hyperlink to a bookmark goes to the top of page
I am trying to open a local htlm document and position to a bookmark section of ir but it goes to the top of the web page instead of the specific section of the bookmark. I am trying to open this URL thru Start->Run file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/mywebpage.htm#C4 It opens the default Internet browser. It opens the ducument but takes out the #C4 section. Is this a knows issue? How can I work around it? ...

Help with Bookmarks
I created bookmarks in a shared worksheet, and is it possible to have the specific cell referenced pop up in a particular location? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Bookmarks OLE_LINKs
What are OLE_LINK bookmarks? Why / when are they created? What is their purpose? When I delete them what does I "lose"? I always seem to end up with a large number of these in my bookmarks and (to keep things neat and only have the bookmarks that I want) I end up having to manually delete them periodically. Thanks OLE_LINK bookmarks are created when you (or perhaps a piece of 3rd party software) have selected and copied something in Word and then use Paste->Special to paste a link (either in Word or in another program). The other program stores the fact that ...

combobox bookmark
Hi All, I do use a combobox within my email form. This box lookes within a query for a companyname and passes through the corresponding email address and contactid. I am able to use the information as I select the companyname through the pull down menu.(after update) strC = Me![ComboEmail].Column(2) strB = Me![ComboEmail].Column(1) strA = Me![ComboEmail].Column(0) MsgBox "Combo tells strA (0) = " & strA & vbCrLf _ & "Combo tells strB (1)= " & strB & vbCrLf _ & "Combo tells strC (2)= " & strC Me!EmailAddress.Value = strC...

Viewing Bookmarks
Suppose a place a bookmark in my document and open that document after 1 week. Most probably i would have forgotten that i even have placed a bookmark. What i want to know is if there is a way that upon opening a document the bookmarks i have created appear so i can know what is where. If this is not possible then anything that come near it is acceptable from me. For example if there is a view that can provide such info. I use word 2003 Thanks Tools - Options - View, and put a check next to Bookmarks. They'll show up as [brakets] around text or as an I-beam if you put a ...

Converting from Word 97 to 2007 breaks bookmarks
I have a 1000-page doc originally created in Word 1997, which I need to convert to Word 2007. However, in the process, the cross-references become �Error! Reference source not found.� * The original doc has a bunch of tables, bookmarks, and different styles. It's currently a little over 14MB in size. -- Dragana Hi Dragana, Simply opening a document with Word 2007 won't of itself break any internal links. If they break upon opening, the problem is with the original document. Similarly, refreshing the links in Word 2007 and/or saving the document in the docx format w...

findFirst record bookmark not working
Hello, I am trying to keep focus in a specific record in frmDetalheMovFinanc , and it works fine if i set breakpoints in my code. But when I clear all break points, it moves focus in that subform to another record Can you help me Thanks Carlos Code that I have in the OnCurrent event of my form On Error Resume Next If Not IsNull(Me.OpenArgs) Then Dim pass Dim frm As Form pass = Me.OpenArgs pass = Eval(pass) ' if i dont do this it reads a string Set frm = Forms![frmMovFinanc]![frmDetalheMovFinanc].Form frm.Requery ' if i put a break point here the code works fine and when the for...

Error: "The name could not be resolved. The bookmark is not valid"
I am getting the error as described in the title when I attempt to connect to and my exchange server. 1) Setup One Exchange 2003 organisation (with a back end server in parent domain and one in child domain). Exchange 2003 Forest. A few Exchange 2003 front end servers in DMZ Office 2000 and Office 2003 on Windows 2000 Windows XP clients. ssl OWA and MAPI access (planning to investigate httpsRPC). 2) Problem When I connect with MAPI Outlook clients to child domain Exchange 2003. It comes up with the error: ...

Datagrid(OLEDB) rowset is not bookmarkable
Hi, I am using OLEDB to read/write information to a SQL database. I am using the bound control DataGrid(OLEDB Version 6.0) I use the following code to read from the database to the control :- CCommand<CDynamicAccessor, CRowset> dbCommand; try { Recordset20Ptr spRs; ADORecordsetConstructionPtr spADOsCt; CDBPropSet propset(DBPROPSET_ROWSET); propset.AddProperty(DBPROP_CLIENTCURSOR, true); propset.AddProperty(DBPROP_IRowsetChange, true); propset.AddProperty(DBPROP_UPDATABILITY, ...

Onenote drag to Outlook
Will Onenote 2010 allow me to drag one note content to Outlook? I would like to store onenote pages in Outlook folders much like I can store word/excel files in there presently. pbobby wrote: > Will Onenote 2010 allow me to drag one note content to Outlook? I > would like to store onenote pages in Outlook folders much like I can > store word/excel files in there presently. NO! Except sending Tasks from ON to Outlook it's just a one-way-street (Outlook to OneNote). There are no features for dragging things from ON to OL. And I really do not know *where* in Outlook...

Export excel to onenote
Is there a way to Pull in or export an Excel spreadsheet into OneNote and retain the cell formating and formulas? -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Is there a way to > Pull in or export an Excel spreadsheet into OneNote and retain the cell > formating and formulas? Some text formatting but no formulas. There is definitely no OLE functionality in ON. Bernd ...

Reading bookmarks from Word in hyperlink
Need some help. I am trying to make a list with item information. I need to be able to click on the name of the item and be taken to a definition page with pictures and info on it written in Word. By creating each item name as a hyperlink I can easily jump to the page I need for this info from Excel to a Word document. However when I set up the Word document with bookmarks so that it will jump to the appropriate spot on the Word document it doesn't work. I have confirmed that the bookmarks are valid from within Word as I can jump around the file from within that program. But when I sele...

Hperlink to pdf bookmark
Hi, Is it possible in Word to hyperlink to a bookmark in a pdf document and if so how? I am using Word 2003. Thanks in anticipation I don't think so. The best thing to do would be linking just the pdf file from Word. Sorry about that, -- Vicente Tulliano "JaneH" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible in Word to hyperlink to a bookmark in a pdf document and if > so how? > > I am using Word 2003. > > Thanks in anticipation ...

How do I print to (send) from Word to OneNote?
How do I add to "Print to" the comand "Send to OneNote"? I am using Word 2007 and OneNote 2003. ...

Onenote print driver missing
Hello, I recently bought a new computer and re-installed my Office 2007. My computer runs the 64-bit version of Windows 7. All of my office programs seem to work fine except for onenote - I am unable to insert files as printouts or print any document with the onenote printer. I have run the Office Diagnostics several times and have tried repairing my installation of office but it has not fixed the problem. This is a really big problem for me and I can't find out anywhere how I would go about fixing this. Thank you! You can stop running diagnostics: http://blogs.ms...

OneNote 2010 Beta: Linked
I have downloaded the 2010 Beta version, but the new function "Linked Notes" (which automatically adds links to the program one is using -- if one uses the "docked" screen view) does not work at all. Has anyone else experienced this? Or know how to remedy it? David On Dec 14, 5:47=A0pm, djprius <djpr...@gmail.com> wrote: > =A0 I have downloaded the 2010 Beta version, but the new function > "Linked Notes" (which automatically adds links to the program one is > using -- if one uses the "docked" screen view) does not work at...

Backup OneNote files to CD
I lost a lot of my one note files when I purchased a new computer. I put them on CD but could not restore them from CD. I did not use the backup facility, as I am a new user of onenote and was unaware of this function. I now use back up regularly. My question is: is this the correct way to save files so I can put them on a CD and be able to restore them back in onenote should the need arise? I don't want to take a chance of losing any more files. -- John -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I lost a lot of my one note files when I purchased a new computer. I put ...

Bookmark-Hyperlink Enhancement Request
I create a lot of bookmarks which I then hyperlink to another location in the same document. I would like to have the option when creating the hyperlink to the bookmark, to create a two-way hyperlink at the same time automatically. This would allow me to jump back to the hyperlink from the bookmark. This function is used in Wikipedia for footnotes. Both the footnote in the text, and the actual footnote number at the bottom are "hot". Right now it is just too time consuming to double the work by doing this manually. -- Jeff Cohen You should be able to use Alt+L...

OneNote Trial
I'm currently using OneNote in the Trial Download version. I want to purchase the actual program from an online source, which will send me the disc. Will I have any trouble using the info I have created in the Trial version when I switch to the permanently installed version? -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I'm currently using OneNote in the Trial Download version. I want to purchase > the actual program from an online source, which will send me the disc. Will I > have any trouble using the info I have created in the Trial version when I > switch ...

OneNote sync no linger syncs
I have oneNote 2007 installed on Laptop with Windows Vista. It has been syncing with my Pocket PC but it no longer does. Updates on either device are not carried to the other. I have uninstalled OneNote on the Pocket PC with no effect. What should I do? Thanks ....and I assume you REinstalled OneNote on the Pocket PC? What OS is the Pocket PC running? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazo...

Send Outlook item (hyperlink only) to OneNote
Is there a way and not to include the body text? I have Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate and W7. TIA Playcentric wrote: > Is there a way and not to include the body text? Now, there is no way to send only a hyperlink. Rainald Will OneNote 2010 support this? Anyone on the beta? Do not understand why Microsoft not supporting this. "Rainald Taesler" wrote: > Playcentric wrote: > > Is there a way and not to include the body text? > > Now, there is no way to send only a hyperlink. > > Rainald > . > Playcentric wrote: > ...

Bookmark Range 12-16-09
I am trying to find the code to set the range for a bookmark to be the text between 2 characters (maybe, $ and #) and then create a bookmark around this text. I would only need to do this once in the document so do not need it to loop or anything. Would anyone know how I could set this up please? Use: Dim bmrange As Range Selection.HomeKey wdStory Selection.Find.ClearFormatting With Selection.Find Do While .Execute(FindText:="$^?^?#", Forward:=True, _ MatchWildcards:=False, Wrap:=wdFindStop, MatchCase:=False) = True Set bmrange = Selection.Ran...