Word Freezes on opening

Machine is daughters Gateway laptop, when problem 1st occurred was running
Vista Home Premium.
I installed Office 03 when new 2 years ago, all programs ran fine. About 6
months ago daughter said Word stalled on opening, all other Office progs
still work.  Removed, re-installed Office 03, no luck.
Deleted 03 and installed Office 2000, problems remains. I get a general box
with the outline of a paper, but no menus or commands. Program stalls at
that point.
Am now running WIN 7 Ultimate, no change when clicking on Word.
Thanks,
Bill W

0
Trajan

Try to delete any files called "normal.dot" on your system and restart Word.
That's the default template that contains a lot of the configuration for how
Word launches, and even removing the programs may not have cleaned out these
artifacts.

--
Susan Ramlet
--

"Trajan" <wwolcottspamno@spamnotcolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Machine is daughters Gateway laptop, when problem 1st occurred was running
> Vista Home Premium.
> I installed Office 03 when new 2 years ago, all programs ran fine. About 6
> months ago daughter said Word stalled on opening, all other Office progs
> still work.  Removed, re-installed Office 03, no luck.
> Deleted 03 and installed Office 2000, problems remains. I get a general
> box with the outline of a paper, but no menus or commands. Program stalls
> at that point.
> Am now running WIN 7 Ultimate, no change when clicking on Word.
> Thanks,
> Bill W

0
Susan
12/12/2009 2:16:27 PM
Hi Susan,
I just tried that, found 4 files and deleted them, restarted but still no
luck.
Any other thoughts?
Thanks,
Bill Wolcott

"Susan Ramlet" <shramlet@SPAMISBADmanitscoldhere.com> wrote in message
> Try to delete any files called "normal.dot" on your system and restart
> Word. That's the default template that contains a lot of the configuration
> for how Word launches, and even removing the programs may not have cleaned
> out these artifacts.
>
> --
> Susan Ramlet
> --
> please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>
> "Trajan" <wwolcottspamno@spamnotcolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Machine is daughters Gateway laptop, when problem 1st occurred was
>> running Vista Home Premium.
>> I installed Office 03 when new 2 years ago, all programs ran fine. About
>> 6 months ago daughter said Word stalled on opening, all other Office
>> progs still work.  Removed, re-installed Office 03, no luck.
>> Deleted 03 and installed Office 2000, problems remains. I get a general
>> box with the outline of a paper, but no menus or commands. Program stalls
>> at that point.
>> Am now running WIN 7 Ultimate, no change when clicking on Word.
>> Thanks,
>> Bill W

0
Bill
12/12/2009 7:34:46 PM
Bill

What 4 files ?. There is only one normal.dot

--
Peter

"Bill Wolcott" <wwolcottnospam@spamnocolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi Susan,
> I just tried that, found 4 files and deleted them, restarted but still no luck.
> Any other thoughts?
> Thanks,
> Bill Wolcott
>
> "Susan Ramlet" <shramlet@SPAMISBADmanitscoldhere.com> wrote in message
>> Try to delete any files called "normal.dot" on your system and restart Word.
>> That's the default template that contains a lot of the configuration for how Word
>> launches, and even removing the programs may not have cleaned out these
>> artifacts.
>>
>> --
>> Susan Ramlet
>> --
>> please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>>
>> "Trajan" <wwolcottspamno@spamnotcolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Machine is daughters Gateway laptop, when problem 1st occurred was running Vista
>>> Home Premium.
>>> I installed Office 03 when new 2 years ago, all programs ran fine. About 6
>>> months ago daughter said Word stalled on opening, all other Office progs still
>>> work.  Removed, re-installed Office 03, no luck.
>>> Deleted 03 and installed Office 2000, problems remains. I get a general box with
>>> the outline of a paper, but no menus or commands. Program stalls at that point.
>>> Am now running WIN 7 Ultimate, no change when clicking on Word.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bill W

0
Peter
12/12/2009 8:27:22 PM

"Trajan" wrote:

> Machine is daughters Gateway laptop, when problem 1st occurred was running
> Vista Home Premium.
> I installed Office 03 when new 2 years ago, all programs ran fine. About 6
> months ago daughter said Word stalled on opening, all other Office progs
> still work.  Removed, re-installed Office 03, no luck.
> Deleted 03 and installed Office 2000, problems remains. I get a general box
> with the outline of a paper, but no menus or commands. Program stalls at
> that point.
> Am now running WIN 7 Ultimate, no change when clicking on Word.
> Thanks,
> Bill W
>
> .
> I am having the same problems.  Please let me know if you have figured out how to solve the problem.
Hi Peter,
Normal11.dot, Normal.dotm, ~$Normal.dot, and Normal.dot
Since you said there should only be one, I restored the others and
restarted, still no good.
Word begins to load, then stops responding.
Thanks,
Bill Wolcott

> Bill
>
> What 4 files ?. There is only one normal.dot
>
> --
> Peter

> "Bill Wolcott" <wwolcottnospam@spamnocolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Susan,
>> I just tried that, found 4 files and deleted them, restarted but still no
>> luck.
>> Any other thoughts?
>> Thanks,
>> Bill Wolcott
>>
>> "Susan Ramlet" <shramlet@SPAMISBADmanitscoldhere.com> wrote in message
>>> Try to delete any files called "normal.dot" on your system and restart
>>> Word. That's the default template that contains a lot of the
>>> configuration for how Word launches, and even removing the programs may
>>> not have cleaned out these artifacts.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Susan Ramlet
>>> --
>>> please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>>>
>>> "Trajan" <wwolcottspamno@spamnotcolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message

0
Trajan
12/15/2009 1:18:08 PM
Hi Karen,
No luck yet.
Thanks,
Bill Wolcott

"Karen Sargent" <KarenSargent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Trajan" wrote:
>
>> Machine is daughters Gateway laptop, when problem 1st occurred was
>> running
>> Vista Home Premium.
>> I installed Office 03 when new 2 years ago, all programs ran fine. About
>> 6
>> months ago daughter said Word stalled on opening, all other Office progs
>> still work.  Removed, re-installed Office 03, no luck.
>> Deleted 03 and installed Office 2000, problems remains. I get a general
>> box
>> with the outline of a paper, but no menus or commands. Program stalls at
>> that point.
>> Am now running WIN 7 Ultimate, no change when clicking on Word.
>> Thanks,
>> Bill W
>>
>> .
>> I am having the same problems.  Please let me know if you have figured
>> out how to solve the problem.

0
Trajan
12/15/2009 1:18:43 PM
Can you launch Word in Safe Mode?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827706

If so, then there is likely a corrupt add-in, template or document that is
trying to startup with Word in normal mode. Remove those (normal.dot is a
common suspect, which is why that was the first suggestion) and try to
re-launch Word.

--
Susan Ramlet
--

> Hi Peter,
> Normal11.dot, Normal.dotm, ~$Normal.dot, and Normal.dot
> Since you said there should only be one, I restored the others and
> restarted, still no good.
> Word begins to load, then stops responding.
> Thanks,
> Bill Wolcott
>

> "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Bill
>>
>> What 4 files ?. There is only one normal.dot
>>
>> --
>> Peter

>> "Bill Wolcott" <wwolcottnospam@spamnocolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Susan,
>>> I just tried that, found 4 files and deleted them, restarted but still
>>> no luck.
>>> Any other thoughts?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bill Wolcott
>>>
>>> "Susan Ramlet" <shramlet@SPAMISBADmanitscoldhere.com> wrote in message

0
Susan
12/18/2009 12:51:27 PM
Hi Susan,
Thanks. That article refers to 03 and 07, I have 2000 installed now. I found
safe mode instructions for it and am able to start and run Word that way.
Any suggestions as to what other add-ins, templates to look for, since
normal.dot didn't solve it?

> Can you launch Word in Safe Mode?
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827706
>
> If so, then there is likely a corrupt add-in, template or document that is
> trying to startup with Word in normal mode. Remove those (normal.dot is a
> common suspect, which is why that was the first suggestion) and try to
> re-launch Word.
>

> --
> Susan Ramlet
> --
> please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>
> "Trajan" <wwolcottspamno@spamnotcolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Peter,
>> Normal11.dot, Normal.dotm, ~$Normal.dot, and Normal.dot
>> Since you said there should only be one, I restored the others and
>> restarted, still no good.
>> Word begins to load, then stops responding.
>> Thanks,
>> Bill Wolcott
>>

>> "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Bill
>>>
>>> What 4 files ?. There is only one normal.dot
>>>
>>> --
>>> Peter
>>>
>>> Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
>>> Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
>>>
>>> "Bill Wolcott" <wwolcottnospam@spamnocolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message

0
Trajan
12/19/2009 3:53:28 AM
That's a hopeful start. It sounds as if there might be a corrupt template
starting up. or an add-in such as a new toolbar.

If closing Word, renaming or deleting all copies of normal.dot and
relaunching Word didn't work--though I think I might try that one more
time--you'll need to disable each add-in/template if you want to find the
culprit.

You could either disable them all, then turn them on one at a time (my
choice) or disable them one at a time and try restarting Word.

More info here:
http://word.mvps.org/Faqs/Customization/CheckIfAddinsInstalled.htm
http://word.mvps.org/Faqs/Customization/WhatTemplatesStore.htm

(These articles may have information for multiple versions of Word, but it
sounds as if you can work through that all right.)

I hope that's helpful.

--
Susan Ramlet
--

> Hi Susan,
> Thanks. That article refers to 03 and 07, I have 2000 installed now. I
> found safe mode instructions for it and am able to start and run Word that
> way. Any suggestions as to what other add-ins, templates to look for,
> since normal.dot didn't solve it?
> Bill Wolcott
>
> "Susan Ramlet" <shramlet@SPAMISBADmanitscoldhere.com> wrote in message
>> Can you launch Word in Safe Mode?
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827706
>>
>> If so, then there is likely a corrupt add-in, template or document that
>> is trying to startup with Word in normal mode. Remove those (normal.dot
>> is a common suspect, which is why that was the first suggestion) and try
>> to re-launch Word.
>>

>> --
>> Susan Ramlet
>> --
>> please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>>
>> "Trajan" <wwolcottspamno@spamnotcolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Peter,
>>> Normal11.dot, Normal.dotm, ~$Normal.dot, and Normal.dot
>>> Since you said there should only be one, I restored the others and
>>> restarted, still no good.
>>> Word begins to load, then stops responding.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bill Wolcott
>>>

>>> "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
Susan
12/19/2009 2:03:44 PM
Thanks, Susan I'll give it a try and report back.

> That's a hopeful start. It sounds as if there might be a corrupt template
> starting up. or an add-in such as a new toolbar.
>
> If closing Word, renaming or deleting all copies of normal.dot and
> relaunching Word didn't work--though I think I might try that one more
> time--you'll need to disable each add-in/template if you want to find the
> culprit.
>
> You could either disable them all, then turn them on one at a time (my
> choice) or disable them one at a time and try restarting Word.
>
> More info here:
> http://word.mvps.org/Faqs/Customization/CheckIfAddinsInstalled.htm
> http://word.mvps.org/Faqs/Customization/WhatTemplatesStore.htm
>
> (These articles may have information for multiple versions of Word, but it
> sounds as if you can work through that all right.)
>
> I hope that's helpful.
>
> --
> Susan Ramlet
> --
> please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>
> "Trajan" <wwolcottspamno@spamnotcolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Susan,
>> Thanks. That article refers to 03 and 07, I have 2000 installed now. I
>> found safe mode instructions for it and am able to start and run Word
>> that way. Any suggestions as to what other add-ins, templates to look
>> for, since normal.dot didn't solve it?
>> Bill Wolcott
>>
>> "Susan Ramlet" <shramlet@SPAMISBADmanitscoldhere.com> wrote in message
>>> Can you launch Word in Safe Mode?
>>>
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827706
>>>
>>> If so, then there is likely a corrupt add-in, template or document that
>>> is trying to startup with Word in normal mode. Remove those (normal.dot
>>> is a common suspect, which is why that was the first suggestion) and try
>>> to re-launch Word.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Susan Ramlet
>>> --
>>> please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>>>
>>> "Trajan" <wwolcottspamno@spamnotcolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message

0
Bill

Can't Open Recurring Appointment
I have a weekly recurring appointment that won't open. The MS Outlook error message says: "Can't open this item. You must enter a positive duration." What is this and how do I rectify it if I can't open the event? Thanks. ...

Can't open Outlook #9
For the last week every time I've tried to launch Outlook I get the message that program file addin "msspc.ecf" could not be installed...There is an error in the syntax or format of the file. I contacted Microsoft and the fixes sent to me didn't work. They included replacing the damaged extension, removing registry entries, and refreshing the extend.dat file. I also removed and reinstalled Outlook. Gosh I hope someone has figured this one out. I really need to get Outlook back. Mabe ...

A document with the name "xx" is already open......
Opening excel documents directly from the My Documents folder with the program not open we get the following error message: "A document with the name "xxx.xls" is already open. You cannot open ttwo documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document, either close the document that's currently open or rename one of the documents" No other documents are open. When we close the error message everything is fine. When we first open Excel and then open from there, we do not get this error message. How can we...

auto open all columns to their maximum
I am emailing CSV files from a database to end users. When the user opens the CSV file how can I have excel auto open all of the columns to their maxium. Since you have CSV file format, each person will need to highlight a row, Format - Columns - Autofit. "Paul" wrote: > I am emailing CSV files from a database to end users. When the user opens the > CSV file how can I have excel auto open all of the columns to their maxium. actually...to play it safe and avoid dropping leading zero's....the user should open in wordpad, not excel.... "Paul" wrote: > I ...

Extracting the last word of a field
Hi all, I have an excell sheet where one column contains the address data including the city. I want to take the city from this field and put it in another field. The method I thought is to fiind the LAST space character, and extract what is on the right of this space character. I try to use FIND & RIGHT functions, but as there are more than one space characters in each column, it does not work. Can anybody help. Thanks for answers one way: =MID(A1,FIND("$",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","$",LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",""))))+1, 255...

How can I move a picture in word 2007.
I inserted a picture in a blank page, Selected the picture and tried to drag it. It won't move. I tried the picture, then format tab, then align. I tried to unselect Align to Margin, but it would not Unalign Any suggestions. It should be an easy solution, but I am stuck. The out-of-the-box default for inserting pictures is a text wrapping of "in line with text", meaning that it behaves like a single character. You can drag it to another position within text -- but if there is no other text on the document, there's no place to drag it to. You can change any s...

Prblm w/ photos ninserted in MS Word text box
I'm running Word 2004 on a Mac G5 running OS 10.4. When inserting a photo in a text box in a Word doc, some of the Picture Effects are not active.I want to add a shadow around the edge. When I click on the picture, the Picture Formatting Pallette opens, but the Shadow effect, next to "Effects" in the second row down is not active. What's going on? Mike in Atlanta On 12/20/05 5:35 PM, in article 1135118110.792146.154940@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, "Mike in ATL" <mike.ventura@comcast.net> wrote: > I'm running Word 2004 on a Mac G5 running OS 10.4....

Outlook 2010 opens with calender
First started in Outlook 2007, I uninstalled 2007, but setting still transferred to 2010. I cannot find in either program, how to switch the default opening back to e-mail -- Art outlook 2007 and older: tools, options, other tab, advanced button - very top option. outlook 2010: file, options, advanced - second option down. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newslett...

Converting from page-layout program to Word
I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2003. I have a document that was formatted for some ancient page-layout program that won't even run under Windows XP, so I'd like to put it all into Word. It's currently in a tag-style format; for example, to italicize some section, it needs surrounding tags, like this: <W0I>Passage to be italicized.<D> The document is huge, so I need to use Replace all to turn all of these into italics in Word. Is there a way to turn such passages, wherever they occur, into italicized text in Word, dropping the tags on either sid...

Outlook won't open #13
Hi I'm using Outlook 2000. Starting today, it refuses to open. It displays the splash screen, then hangs. No error message, it just hangs as soon as it displays the splash screen. Running Detect and Repair doesn't help. I suspect a corrupt registry key or profile file. Any ideas? Dave Logan wrote: > Hi > > I'm using Outlook 2000. Starting today, it refuses to open. It > displays the splash screen, then hangs. No error message, it just > hangs as soon as it displays the splash screen. Running Detect and > Repair doesn't help. I suspect a corrupt registr...

File not opening #2
I've got the same problem that I've been reading here and on the ExcelTips website. When I try to open 2 of the spreadsheets on my system, I get a " 'C:\Documents and Settings\........\spreadsheet.xls' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and ..... (you know the rest)" I have tried the: excel /unregserver excel /regserver I have tried the: uncheck the ignore other applications I have tried the: regedit - remove dups (there were none) The directory with this spreadsheet (on my PC) is shared with 2 other computers (separate network - ...

user form
I am so frustrated. I am creating a form and I want to force a phone number format. Easy in Excel but cannot find it anywhere in word 2007. Please help Thanks Use the VBA Format function Format(1234567890, "(###) ###-####") will return (123) 456-7890 -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Dcook" <Dcook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F0E1C93-E828-46F7-98EF-FE6DF84...

Publisher 2007 open files problem with Server 2003
I have a very small network using Server 2003 and when we used Publisher 2003 It downloaded files from the Server to the Client Computers very fast. Now It takes 2-3 min. for small files and 3-5 min. for large files. There are a lot of pictures in these files but the same files opened in pub 2003 with no problems. Is there a solution for this issue. Thanks for your help. Maybe this article is your answer An Office program is slow or may appear to stop responding (hang) when you open a file from a network location http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833041 -- Mary Sauer http://m...

Error opening subform/form
When i use an access database and open a form containing a subform, the subform and its records are loaded before the main form as it should be. When i use an sql server database and open a form containing a subform, the subform and its records are NOT loaded before the main form. Can anyone please help me? Laura Laura, you cannot alter the way Access fires its events, so you will need to learn to work with it. Typcially when Access opens a form, it fires the subform's Open event before the main form's. But that does not mean it loads the *records* of the subform before the ...

How to turn off maximizing other documents when opening a new word
When you have a few word documents minimizes and you open a new word document, one of the minimized documents maximizes too. Is there a way to get rid of that annoyance? ...

Outlook 2007 won't open at all
Outlook 2007 won't open when I click on the icon. Can you help? -- Have a good day! What happens when you try? Can you start Outlook with the /resetnavpane switch? See if this helps - http://www.officeforlawyers.com/tsol.htm#cls -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "godprayer" <godprayer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6FDCF35-6F46-484F-842E-E922A140...

Opening a dialog in a more helpful position
I have the following line in a button event on FormA: DoCmd.OpenForm "FormB", WindowMode:=acDialog This opens FormB in the EXTREME upper left of the Access window, where the user will probably miss it. Is there a way to make FormB open in the middle of FormA? Thanks, Tom If you open the form in Design View, and go to properties, on the Format tab, there is an option to "Auto Center". Set that to yes and the form will automatically open to the middle of your screen. ...

Subform opens before main form
Can I pass a value from the main form before the subform opens? Can I have a public variable on the main form that passes a value to the sub-form when it opens? JimP wrote: >Can I pass a value from the main form before the subform opens? > >Can I have a public variable on the main form that passes a value to the >sub-form when it opens? No. The usual way to do something like that is for the subform to pull the value from the main form in the subform's Open or Load event. Use the Load event is you want are assigning variable to a control's Value. Since the main...

can't get my inbox to open
When I get to Outlook I can't get my inbox to open. the following message appears: C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook|Debbie S.pst. Quit all mailenabled applications, and use the Inbox Repair tool. When I try to use the repair tool it won't work Help! MY FRIEND TRY DETECT AND REPAIR OUTLOOK USE YOUR OFFICE CD .. AND TRY 2 SEE IF YOU CAN GET INTO INBOX OK.. GOODLUCK MICHAEL KHAN >-----Original Message----- >When I get to Outlook I can't get my inbox to open. the >following message appears: >C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application >...

Opening Excel Spreadsheet on a tab #3
Not really what I am looking for. As I will be displaying differen sheets depending on what link is clicked, I don't need to have default sheet, instead I need to specify a different sheet to b displayed before excel is opened. i.e. A link for the prices sheet opens the spreadsheet on the price sheet, and straight after there is a link to the sales sheet, whic opens the spreadsheet on the sales sheet on the spreadsheet. Hope that makes more sense, Dav -- david.willi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- david.willis's Profile: http://www.excelfor...

Outlook Hangs with Open dialog
Whenever I want to add an attachment and try to navigate the open dialog hangs for about 1 minute. Getting very frustrating. Please help... I have Outlook 2003 (11.8010.6568 sp2) I'm having the same problem (file save as or open dialog freezes) with all Office 2003 applications. Did you ever solve this problem? "Lou" wrote: > Whenever I want to add an attachment and try to navigate the open dialog > hangs for about 1 minute. > Getting very frustrating. Please help... > I have Outlook 2003 (11.8010.6568 sp2) > > > Are you accessing a network drive? ...

microsoft word 02-07-10
when attempting to type in a word docoment nothing appears. get message modification is not allowed because the selection is locked. Sounds like you have an expired trial version. Time to pay for the software. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "elnora" <elnora@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:889DED0D-FA9B-4375-9762-843CED4EF5C5@microsoft.com... > when attempting to type in a word docoment nothing appears. get message > modification is not allowed because the s...

size of window upon opening a spreadsheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I open my spreadsheet, sometimes it opens to a window that only shows the cells I want to see. Other times it opens showing those cells plus several rows and columns larger. Why does it not always show the area that was shown when it was last saved? I'm not sure I have the 'absolute' answer because I experience the same sort of thing once in a while � not just with Excel or Office, but a variety of file types. However, the way it reputedly works is that the window size retained should be whateve...

open publication publisher 2002 in different versions of publishe
someone please tell me how to open publication in publisher 2002 in different version of publisher say pub 2000 You should be able to open almost all versions of Publisher in Publisher 2002. Do you have Norton? Disable "script blocking" and try again. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gza" <gza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1A9535D-6C88-4AE7-A495-D704CC2D06DD@microsoft.com... > someone please tell me how to open publication in publisher 2002 in > different versi...

Can't open any calendar items
This morning, I woke to discover that I could not open or create any appointments. I see them in Calendar view, the various Open and New commands show available, but invoking them does nothing. I can create new email messages, contacts, notes, tasks...but no appointments. I can point to nothing that has caused this, and am hoping that there is something I can try before resorting to a reinstall. Anyone...? Rick A. Pleasanton, CA Are you using a .PST file? If so, try running the Inbox Repair Tool against it to see if it finds any errors. Search your drive for a file called sca...