Who here still uses old Office 2000 SP3?

I do in my old, updated Windows XP Pro. SP3 machine. I rarely use Office
anymore so it doesn't bother me. I also have the 2007 file format
conversion pack and the latest updates before MS stopped supporting
Office 2000. :)
--
"Better (to be) an ant's head than a lion's tail." --Armenian and Maltese
    /\___/\         Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)

I do not "use" MSO 2000 as my Office suite (have 2007 Ultimate and now
using 2010 Pro). I cannot do without--will not do without--the MS
Office 2000 Shortcut Bar. I have used it with Office XP and Office
2007 for years. It is working beautifully, as always, with MS Office
2010. Just requires installing it LAST (after the Office suite that
you are going to use) and doing a custom install of ONLY the Shortcut
Bar on the Tools menu.

I live in fear that MS will find some way to really kill it in a
future version of Office <g>--for now, I can expect to have it for at
least three years until the next MSO version come out.
0
LaModiste
5/20/2010 1:14:50 AM
"LaModiste" <Kateri@msn.com> wrote in message
>I do not "use" MSO 2000 as my Office suite (have 2007 Ultimate and now
> using 2010 Pro). I cannot do without--will not do without--the MS
> Office 2000 Shortcut Bar. I have used it with Office XP and Office
> 2007 for years. It is working beautifully, as always, with MS Office
> 2010. Just requires installing it LAST (after the Office suite that
> you are going to use) and doing a custom install of ONLY the Shortcut
> Bar on the Tools menu.
>
> I live in fear that MS will find some way to really kill it in a
> future version of Office <g>--for now, I can expect to have it for at
> least three years until the next MSO version come out.

Why not just put the Office products that you want to be available only one
click away onto the Quick Launch Bar, and be done with the Office Shortcut
Bar?

With the advent of the Quick Launch Bar that allows any of your favorite
applications to be only one click away, instead of the Office Shortcut Bar
that only holds Office applications, why do you keep the shortcut bar?

0
Jeff
5/20/2010 1:29:33 AM
On May 19, 9:29=A0pm, "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrj...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "LaModiste" <Kat...@msn.com> wrote in message

> >I do not "use" MSO 2000 as my Office suite (have 2007 Ultimate and now
> > using 2010 Pro). I cannot do without--will not do without--the MS
> > Office 2000ShortcutBar. I have used it with Office XP and Office
> > 2007 for years. It is working beautifully, as always, with MS Office
> > 2010. Just requires installing it LAST (after the Office suite that
> > you are going to use) and doing a custom install of ONLY theShortcut
> >Baron the Tools menu.
>
> > I live in fear that MS will find some way to really kill it in a
> > future version of Office <g>--for now, I can expect to have it for at
> > least three years until the next MSO version come out.
>
> Why not just put the Office products that you want to be available only o=
ne
> click away onto the Quick LaunchBar, and be done with the OfficeShortcutB=
ar?

> With the advent of the Quick LaunchBarthat allows any of your favorite
> applications to be only one click away, instead of the OfficeShortcutBar
> that only holds Office applications, why do you keep theshortcutbar?

LOL--what makes you think that the Shortcut Bar only holds MSO
applications??? I have 156 applications on 9 Shortcut Bars--all in the
same installation/different colors for each of the 9 sliding bars.
That is what makes it so great--everything is right there. I tried the
Jumplists in Win7--completely unsatisfactory.

HOWEVER--today I have found a replacement for my old Shortcut Friend.
Works the same way (multiple groupings/subdirectories) and does not
"tell" MSO2010 that another MSO is "installed" which may be causing a
small problem. It's Winstep's Nexus Ultimate 10.4.

I'm preparing for the delivery of the MSO2010 disks...and saying
goodbye to an old friend.
0
LaModiste
6/3/2010 1:18:28 AM
On May 19, 9:29 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrj...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "LaModiste" <Kat...@msn.com> wrote in message

> >I do not "use" MSO 2000 as my Office suite (have 2007 Ultimate and now
> > using 2010 Pro). I cannot do without--will not do without--the MS
> > Office 2000ShortcutBar. I have used it with Office XP and Office
> > 2007 for years. It is working beautifully, as always, with MS Office
> > 2010. Just requires installing it LAST (after the Office suite that
> > you are going to use) and doing a custom install of ONLY theShortcut
> >Baron the Tools menu.
>
> > I live in fear that MS will find some way to really kill it in a
> > future version of Office <g>--for now, I can expect to have it for at
> > least three years until the next MSO version come out.
>
> Why not just put the Office products that you want to be available only
> one
> click away onto the Quick LaunchBar, and be done with the
> OfficeShortcutBar?
>
> With the advent of the Quick LaunchBarthat allows any of your favorite
> applications to be only one click away, instead of the OfficeShortcutBar
> that only holds Office applications, why do you keep theshortcutbar?

LOL--what makes you think that the Shortcut Bar only holds MSO
applications??? I have 156 applications on 9 Shortcut Bars--all in the
same installation/different colors for each of the 9 sliding bars.
That is what makes it so great--everything is right there. I tried the
Jumplists in Win7--completely unsatisfactory.

HOWEVER--today I have found a replacement for my old Shortcut Friend.
Works the same way (multiple groupings/subdirectories) and does not
"tell" MSO2010 that another MSO is "installed" which may be causing a
small problem. It's Winstep's Nexus Ultimate 10.4.

I'm preparing for the delivery of the MSO2010 disks...and saying
goodbye to an old friend.

<JS>
You can put anything onto the Short Cut Bar, but why? You can put the same
things onto the Quick Launch Bar.

I guess that under my rock, it makes no sense to have nine shortcut bars
sutffed full of 156 different applications. The whole point of the shortcut
bar -- and quick launch, for that matter -- is to let you identify a handful
of applications that you need to get to with a single click and not have
them take up lots of real estate on the screen. When you put every
application you own onto nine different shortcut bars, this pretty much
defeats the purpose. But hey, that's just me. I have 15 or so icons on the
Quick launch Bar so I can get them open with a single click, and the others
on the Desktop where I get at them with a single click, then a double click
to start the one I need. If I do this enough times with the same
application, I drag it to the Qucik Launch and revaluate the need for one of
the existing icons to be on the Quick Launch.

I was a big fan of the Office Shortcut Bar in the olden days before Quick
Launch. I kept lots of different things there, but it takes up an entire
border of the screen, so one may as well put all of the apps they can onto
the shortcut bar. I mean, if the bar is gonna take the space anyhow, it may
as well be filled with icons. But I have to question the usefulness of nine
shortcut bars filled with 156 applications.

Seems you need to put on your Systgem Programmer's hat and develop a
shortcut bar. I just drag the Task Bar to give three rows of icons, and then
drag the border of the Quick Launch bar to the right so the space will hold
the icons I want.

</JS>

0
Jeff

I have a me machine with an OEM office 97 package. I purchased a stand alone version of publishier 2000. While installing I enter the product code and since I do not have internet on that machine I called got a number, read it back, double checked it etc. typed it in and it says the number is not valid. so I say OK and get into publisher, look at the HELP>ABOUT and it shows my OEM product id. how can I get it to keep the right number? Might try the cleanup utility... Do you still have your 97 disks? When you say Office 97, did this include Publisher 98? This utility works wit...

Uses for Screen OCR technology
I have technology that is similar to OCR technology except that it determines rather than estimates its results. The main advantage over conventional OCR technology is that it is much more accurate with very small fonts. Current testing indicates that it can achieve 100% accuracy with fonts as small as 6 point. It also works with both types of font smoothing. I have thought of a few different uses for this technology, I want to see if anyone here can come up with any more uses. -- Patented SeeScreen enables programs to see anything on the computer display screen www.SeeScreen.com ...

using Outlook on local machine with domain user account
I have a small network running with w2k domain. Client computers run under w2k pro and have Office 2000 installed. * When I log on locally (with administrative privileges) Outlook works fine. * When I log on to the domain (using any domain user account) Outlook does not start. * When I add a domain user account to local administrators group and log on to the domain Outlook works fine. How to make Outlook working when domain user account is used (without administrative privileges on local machine) or I must use an account that has administrative privileges on local machine to run Outlook? ...

Allow a contact to use its Account's addresses
Since contacts associated to an Account all use the same addresses, allow a contact to use its Account's addresses ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9c809...

Can you use the old Lotus "/ commands" in Excel 2003?
In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu commands. Can you do this in Excel 2003? Look at Tools>Option>Transition -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "DAW" <DAW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5590E6E-DFE1-4A9A-8651-387B7F49D112@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu > commands. Can you do this in Excel 2003? > It's gone from xl2003. DAW wrote: > > In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu > commands. Can you do thi...

Opening Attachments in Outlook 2000
A recent user of mine complained about opening emails with attachments included while on the road, dialing in over a modem line. He wanted to know if there was any way to just receive the text from the message without having to download the attachments once the email is opened....any suggestions? thanks! He could always use www.mailwasher.net to view mail text only. David "**Jeff" <jlemay@artel.com> wrote in message news:0be301c35c23$964d3980$a401280a@phx.gbl... > A recent user of mine complained about opening emails with > attachments included while on the roa...

Search folder criteria
I am using Outlook 2007. How can I customise my search folder to filter messages that contain "KSC" in subject OR belong to "Sports" category? Is there a reason why "KSC" cannot not be assigned "Sports" catagory? Melissa wrote: > I am using Outlook 2007. > How can I customise my search folder to filter messages that contain "KSC" > in subject OR belong to "Sports" category? ...

Using Building Blocks, Content Controls and XMLMappings to generate multi-page template-generated sections in a Word Document
Dear Readers, I would like some of your insight and feedback regarding a document I am creating. Here is the scenario. The document is a package that describes a toy collection. There is supposed to be a section in the document which consists of a sequence of pages that repeat an identical one-page template for each item in the collection. I have an XML document (Excel Table mapped export) which describes each item in the collection, and I would like to programmatically generate these pages of the document from the content in the XML file and the presentation in the template. S...

Using innerXml and outerXml on a xmlDataDocument leaks cpu-resourc
Selecting element nodes from a xmlDataDocument using the childNodes collection or by using selectSingleNode and then reading innerXml or outerXml leaks cpu-resources. A trivial example showing this behaviour is included below. Running this example increases the cpu-load gradually and reaches 100% within a minute or two. The problem exists with innerXml as well as outerXml operations. Using a xmlDocument instead of a xmlDataDocument does not show this behaviour. Imports System.Xml Public Class Form1 Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Form Private xmlData As New XmlDataDocument ...

Sending attachments using Business Contact Manager Mail Merge
I've just upgraded to Outlook Business Contact Manager 2003 and am trying to send an attachment to several contacts using the mail merge facility. When you click mail merge it takes you to Word, so I cannot understand how you attach a document to the message you have written. I'm sure it is very simple, I just need a little help please!!! Kate:confused: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Can I use 1 function in this case?
I have several control on my dialog. Each control has its message processing function. for example: ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_ADD, OnBnClickedButtonAdd) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_SUB, OnBnClickedButtonSub) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_MUL, OnBnClickedButtonMul) Can I just use 1 function to process all messages? ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_ADD, OnBnClickedButtonMath) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_SUB, OnBnClickedButtonMath) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_MUL, OnBnClickedButtonMath) If yes, how to decide which control send the message? Lookup ON_CONTROL_RANGE on MSDN. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "ka...

Find Where Specific Fonts Have Been Used in a PowerPoint Presentat
Is there a way to find where specific fonts have been used in a PowerPoint presentation. The Contents tab of the Advanced Properties pane list the fonts that are used in a presentation but not where. MS Word will search for fonts with the find dialogue. I am looking for similar functionality with PowerPoint. In article <6CDAC5DB-AFCF-4485-9EAB-5146B5B5411C@microsoft.com>, John B wrote: > Is there a way to find where specific fonts have been used in a PowerPoint > presentation. The Contents tab of the Advanced Properties pane list the > fonts that are used in a...

restoring exchange 2000 SBS stores to a differnt exchange box...
We are looking at dumping our SBS 2000 box and would like to set up a different win2K box with just the std version of exchange 2000 until such time as we can afford to upgrade to the newest version of exchange. I need to get this up and running asap.Can I setup my new win2k server, running the regular version of exchange 2000 and then once setup restore my sbs exchange 2000 information stores to this new box running the regular version of exchange 2000?? Are the information stores in the sbs 2000 version of exchange the same as the std version of exchange 2000 or will I run ...

using xmlspy generated code
HI XMLSPY enterprise edition have the ability to produce csharp code and classes depending on provided XML file and XSD Schema. does anyone have examples on how to use them. Thanks Tell it to generate a C# (assuming you're using dotnet) project for you then take a look at the code labeled test. It has examples of how to use the object model it creates for your XSD. ie: 1. You can Create instances of xml files adhering to your XSD. 2. You can load an exsiting instance in the object model and manipulate it using the objects and methods XMLSpy created for you. One caveat. When I last...

what control should I use to display a bmp file?
Hello everybody, Like in subject: what control should I use to display a bmp file? I've created a dialog with 'picture control', but can't seem to find any way to display a bitmap on it having path given. It's not one, special bitmap. It's user-defined, selected from 'Open file' dialog. What method should I use to display a bmp on a 'picture control'? Any ideas? The following tutorial shows one way to load a bitmap. http://functionx.com/MFCFundamentals/Lesson11.htm -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] --------------------------------...

WEB Query in Office For Mac 2004
I have one simple question Does the function "WEB QUERY" in excel of OFFICE 2004 FOR MAC exist. I have a trail verison of OFFICE 2004 FOR MAC but this feature does not exist. I like this option and use it alot at work on the WINDOWS version. Having this option would sway me to buying it for sure. THANKS In article <944a5172.0409260409.68a71831@posting.google.com>, simon.simonblack@gmail.com (Simon Black) wrote: > Does the function "WEB QUERY" in excel of OFFICE 2004 FOR MAC exist. I > have a trail verison of OFFICE 2004 FOR MAC but this feature does not ...

Losing Hyperlink's when using mail merge
Look for a fix to outlook stripping Hyperlink's form the body of an email. AFAIK, you'll need a third party mass mailing app, then - mail merge uses only plain text, if I recall correctly. John C wrote: > Look for a fix to outlook stripping Hyperlink's form the > body of an email. ...

how can i create square-edged windows under XP (using 6.0.0.0 common controlsl)?
Does anyone know how to create square-edged windows under XP with the same style as the "DOS prompt" or "CMD" windows? I've noticed that one demo app I have actually changes style from the new XP windows to the same style as the "CMD" window on the fly - i don't need this level of flexibility but i'm using sticky/docking windows so I really need a square window style to work with. The EX_TOOLWINDOW style is a welcome step in the right direction because it's got a nice square border and the title-bar is slightly smaller than usual but it wil...

How do I change a macro to use relative cell addresses?
When I record a macro, it uses absolute cell addresses. How do I change the macro to run from a specific cell and relative to that cell? try activecell.offset(1,2) However, I suspect you are using a lot of SELECTIONS which usually aren't necessary. Why not copy/paste your code here along with an explanation of what you are trying to do. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Roger D" <Roger D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6AC8E62-A990-4BE2-9B4F-BF3EDECE504D@microsoft.com... > When I record a macro, it uses absolute cell addresses. Ho...

Why exactly can't I use MFC and ATL in a service?
Could someone explain to me why it is impossible to use MFC and ATL in a service? I do not understand what the big problem is. tima at predator dash software dot com It's not impossible, I have service code that contains both and works just fine. -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply. "john smith" <foo@bar.com> wrote in message news:%23T5Wiiq1EHA.3120@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Could someone explain to me why it is impossible to use MFC and ATL in a > service? I do not understand what the big problem i...

Money 2005 Bug: Create (not just add) account setup
Problem Description: List of banks or brokerages is *always* unavailable. Repro steps: 1) Create (not just add) new account using MS Money 2005 accepting all of the defaults. 2) Use or create a new passport to sign in. 3) Attempt to "Select a bank or brokerage" during the setup proccess and get the following error message: "The list is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." Expected: An actual list of banks or brokerages Problem Area: Setup Frequency of problem: Always Happens Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 Computer ma...

Using Trebuchet MS Font : Bold and Italic not in Font Dialog
I've read that you should use the actual "bold variant" family of a font instead of just choosing "bold" (because the latter would just make it heavier and you might lose some definition/character). 1. Is this true? 2. When In use Trebuchet MS in Publisher or Word 2003 they don't show the bold or italic versions that are in the Font folder (Trebuchet MS Bold,etc.) Do they just automagically use the bold family when you bold something? And, if so (BONUS QUESTION) : is this better, the same, or worse "looking" than a font with a special different f...

Microsoft office #2
will my microsoft office for a pc run on a Mac if I decide to get one, or do I have to start all over again with Microsoft products? Hi, PCs and Macs are very different. The software is also very different, so your Windows software won't run unless you do it in emulation using a Virtual PC. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in: <http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm> ---------- In article <01ec01c3ccd6$1a75a0d0$a301...

Reason & For MSMoney 2000 Gone in 2004
Is it true the reason & for categories are gone in 2004? I was going to upgrade to 2004 but noticed those transaction classifications missing. Is it a setup option I missed? Sorry I wasn't clear it was MS's version of Intuit classes. "x" <xy@xy.com> wrote in message news:OwFzZqL9DHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is it true the reason & for categories are gone in 2004? I was going to > upgrade to 2004 but noticed those transaction classifications missing. Is > it a setup option I missed? > > OK, I am idiot I found it... I named "Cl...