Unable to install office - Error 25004

Thanks in advance for any help.

I recently purchased Office Ultimate 2007 Home and Student. Installation
goes fine until half way through where the install wizard stops and the
following error message appears:

Error 25004 - Config.xml not specified. Valid config.xml file must be
authored when deploying '(null)'

The installer then rolls back the changes made.

I have read several posts which mention this issue and have followed all
advice to no effect. I have manually uninstalled all office products
currently on my system to ensure there are no conflicts.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue? Thanks!

I have the same problem tried almost everything, if you find any solutions
please let me know.

"marpit59" wrote:

> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> I recently purchased Office Ultimate 2007 Home and Student. Installation
> goes fine until half way through where the install wizard stops and the
> following error message appears:
>
> Error 25004 - Config.xml not specified. Valid config.xml file must be
> authored when deploying '(null)'
>
> The installer then rolls back the changes made.
>
> I have read several posts which mention this issue and have followed all
> advice to no effect. I have manually uninstalled all office products
> currently on my system to ensure there are no conflicts.
>
> Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue? Thanks!
I also have this problem. after i installed windows 7 ultimate 64bit
I had it working on the RC and when i reinstalled. would give the same
error.
0
Sean
3/14/2010 6:56:17 AM
I too am having the same problem.  I want to throw my computer against the wall.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
0
Jon
4/11/2010 4:11:48 AM
Jon

Start a new thread. This one has died and does not concern you or your issue. State
the Office version and  your OS version, Thanks

--
Peter

"Jon" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
>I too am having the same problem.  I want to throw my computer against the wall.
>Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.office.setup/Unable-to-install-office-Error-25004

0
Peter
4/11/2010 4:22:08 AM
MS office 2007 Basic install error in Windows 7 64 bit - "Error 25004 - Config.xml not specified. Valid config.xml file must be authored when deploying '(null)'"
No email without it!  Please help!
0
Jay

count text through worksheets generates error
Hi all, In a workbook with a lot of worksheets i want to count the number of times a specific text value occurs in a cell. All sheets have the same layout. So, for instance, when i want to count the number of times the value "yes" occurs in cell B2 through sheets 1 to 5 and i use the function =countif(sheet1:sheet5!b2,"yes") excel generates an error message (#value!). I don't understand why, because if i would use the function in 1 sheet only I get the required result. I suspect that some functions cannot work on grouped sheets. Is there a list somewhere that e...

office prints only a half of 1st page
When I print anything in Office (excell, words..) it prints a half of first page only. help plese Use print preview to see if you have messed up your top and bottom margins or space for headers and footers. If you see nothing there try selecting all cells and clearing your manual page breaks. Insert, Reset/remove all page breaks Also check File, Print Area- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "leokon&q...

BP 3.0 pre-installation question
I am very embarrassed to ask this, but I have not found the correct way to do set up the Business Portal domain user account. In short, I have a domain called MYDOM. I have an SBS 2003 machine called PDC I have the Business Portal machine called TESTBED (running Server 2003). I hav no problems creating the domain user account "bportal", but how do I give that account admin privileges on specirfically on TESTBED? It is not like XP pro where I can add the domain account to te local users accounts and give it admin rights. It seems that this should not be an utter brick wall, ...

DPM connection error
Hi, I just applied SP1 to my DPM 2007 server. Everything seemed good to go until I started to update the client agents. After about 10 minutes the DPM server became very unresponsive. I rebooted it and now when I try to connect to the Admin console I get an error 'Unable to cnnect to dpm.domain.com (ID: 948) Verify that the DPM service is running on this computer". I have gone through all of the services and set them to start automatically and rebooted once more and I still receive the error. Any help would be awesome. Thanks! Check the status of the DPM servic...

Can someone help with this error
I am randomly getting an access error in my application and I am trying to find it. The error seems to occur when allocating a buffer in the CString code. Does anyone know if the dump below is pointing to anything specific? It seems like the error is occuring when 'text' is be allocated but I don't know why. // this is the function call in the ArchExists(..) module where the CString is allocated (parm1). CComSetup::ExtractParams( text, &type1, &desc1, &name1, &id1 ); // This is the declaration of the function void CComSetup::ExtractParams( CString src, CStrin...

Outlook 2000 memory error
Hi, When I deleted an item in Calendar, I got error message that "There is not enough memory available to perform the operation." I am using Outlook 2000. Thanks in advance. Grace ...

need help... Getting a error when I add a xml schema include location xsd file
Hi, I am trying to add the following line to my xml schema xsd file <xsd:include schemaLocation="../../../Common/datatypes.xsd"/> Here is my code XmlSchemaInclude include = new XmlSchemaInclude(); include.SchemaLocation = "../../../Common/datatypes.xsd"; schema.Items.Add(include); when I print out the schema, it crashes StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(@strFormName+".xsd", false, Encoding.UTF8); schema.Write(sw); sw.Close(); Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks ...

Global error handler
Is there, in ACCCESS 2007, and/or VB a global error handler? I've checked the docs but not sure on the feasibility of this. I've seen On Error and OnError, and a discussion excepotion handling, but again, I'm not sure on the implementation of error and exception handling. -- The personal opinion of Gary G. Little You must add the error handling to each routine. There's not a way to just make it automatically go to an exception handler without doing so. In each routine, you can call a generic error handler. Here's an example of how: Error Handling in VBA at: ...

error with the form when using asp.
I get this error, when i submit the form. The error comes up and some technical advisor from my host company told me to change it to ASP Email but i don't understand what he was talking about. Can someone provide assistance. Server object error 'ASP 0178 : 80070005' Server.CreateObject Access Error /WebAppSub.asp, line 9 The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is denied to this object. ...

Exchange 2003
Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003 SP2 This is a very strange problem. I have one user who turns on his out of office assistant and the out of office messages are not sent internally or externally. All other users use out of office and the messages are sent properly both internally and externally. I have the option configured to allow this (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262352). I can't for the life of me figure out why this one user is having this problem. Everything appears to be configured for that user exactly the same as all the other users who ar...

GP Client install errors
I installed GP 8.0 from a installation template on 1 XP machine with no problems. I have the ODBC properly setup, and bcp.exe properly installed to satisfy GP Utilities. I am able to log in with different users, no problem. I did the same thing on two other XP machines and both machines give this Dexterity Runtime error on start-up. Unable to open dictionary :C:PROGRA~1/MID1AC~1/GREATP~1/dictionary name.DIC. I get this error for the following .dic's: ADVSECURE.DIC ADV_FRM.DIC ADV_RPT.DIC AREC.DIC ARECFRM.DIC ARECRPT.DIC CFM.DIC CFMFORM.DIC CMFRPTS.DIC EXP1493.DIC EXP1493F.DIC EXP1493R....

return a zero for error
I'm having a problem with a spreadsheet I'm developing which records average marks of groups of students over several weeks. I want to display a "Running Average" of those averages as I enter the data, however, because I do this week by week there are inevitably weeks which have not had any data entered and her I see the error #DIV/0! for the formula =AVERAGE(IF(R5:R20<>0, R5:R20,"")). I do understand why I'm getting this (because I'm dividing by zero) but would like to return a zero so that the average of the averages will return a number rather tha...

Money Investment Toolbar Error
All of a sudden, whenever I try to access my portfolios in the Deluxe version, I get this error: AppName: iexplore.exe, AppVer: 6.0.52800.1106, ModName: myisam05.dll, ModVer: 4.0.3107.50512, Offset: 00006e27. I can remove the Toolbar and use the basic portfolio version but continue to get the above error and an IE restart whenever I try to upgrade to Deluxe. Any suggestions> In microsoft.public.money, Dencoden wrote: >All of a sudden, whenever I try to access my portfolios in the Deluxe >version, I get this error: AppName: iexplore.exe, AppVer: 6.0.52800.1106, >ModName...

Trouble Since KB911829 Installation
Ever since I installed the update for Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 (non-clustered) servers last week I have been getting application errors I can find no information on. I get the generic Event ID 1000 from source: Microsoft Exchange Server. Faulting application exsp.dll, version 6.5.7638.1, stamp 430e735b, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault address 0x000000c7. Anybody else having this issue? Sure would like to find a resolution. This is my production server, and although mail and such are working properly, the name of the faulting module and it'...

Unable to send emails from web interface
Hi Although this problem has been reported several times in the discussion groups, i have not found an answer to this query.. I have CRM. I have an admin..."crmadmin". This has an email ID - crmadmin@domain.com (both in the AD/Exchange and also specified for the user record in CRM ) Problem: When i try to send a mail from CRM, the email activity is created successfully, but the mail does not actually go. Here are my settings - Installed CRM with default SMTP settings ; gave the name (and not the IP) of the exchange server of the organization (which is in the same domain as th...

Microsoft Outlook is hanging.....not responding. Re-install?
Just installed Outlook. Had outlook express before. It just hangs. Cntrl/Alt/Delete shows it "not responding" Should I uninstall it and re-install? Uninstall/reinstall just recreates the same problem. Do you have a mail account defined? A mail profile? When does it hang? What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, CaroleLynnae asked: | Just installed Outlook. Had outlook express befo...

Unable to use Microsoft Outlook
I'm using a Dell 4700C, Windows XP Professional, Internet Explorer 6.0. I am unable to send or receive mail in Microsoft Outlook. Thank you for your help, meadow "meadow" <meadow@nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uGk9sj3$FHA.980@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > I'm using a Dell 4700C, Windows XP Professional, Internet Explorer 6.0. > > I am unable to send or receive mail in Microsoft Outlook. > > Thank you for your help, > > meadow > Hi Meadow, tis is a little bit less information to help you. What Outlook version? Do you use Excha...

Great Plains Standard Installation CD
is there a separate CD set for Great Plains Standard installation CD or is it the same CD as Great Plains? No, there is not a separate set. "don" wrote: > is there a separate CD set for Great Plains Standard installation CD or is it > the same CD as Great Plains? ...

Installation problem money 2006
I have IE 8 on my Windows XP system. Every time I try to run setup for my money program, it gets an error about installing IE6 & aborts. I tried installing IE6 (probably can't have both on the computer at once, I don't know), and the error is that I have a newer version and cannot install the older one. It seems that when I installed the standard version of money, I had not yet installed the IE8, but I cannot remember. I've only had IE8 for a few months. Anyone able to tell me the easiest way to solve this? I have a dual boot system, and Win 98 is instal...

Authentication Error 04-28-06
One of our users is suddenly getting Aucthentication Error. "Microsfot CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is eanbled and that you have been assigned at least one security role" I have checked the user in CRM, enabled and also has a role assigned. Checked the SQL databases which has relevant records. Checked the Deployment manager. So everything is normal as expected but for some reason the message started today. The other users are fine. This use has been working in CRM up until today. Thanks Nilesh ...

Explorer.EXE
When I switch on my computer, the following message widnow showup. I can not do anything, except to the the task manager. I try to restart the computer and the problem is gone. ===================================================== Explorer.EXE - Application Error The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on ok to terminate the application. ===================================================== The problem occur very frequently and I can only solve it by restart the computer. Sometimes I need to restart several time. Is anything wrong in my compu...

Compile error in Excel 2002
I have Excel 2002 installed on a Windows 7 machine. While this version of Excel was installed on Win XP, it worked fine. However, since I installed it on Win 7, every time I open or close an Excel file, I'm getting an MS Visual Basic compile error in hidden module. On opening a file, it is AutoExecNew module, on exit - DistMon. I followed advice in the MS KB Article ID: 307410 and removed both pdfmaker.dot and pdfmaker.xla. But it did not help. The error message pops up again... Is there any other solution to this problem? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Most ...

KB973688 & KB954430 installs successfully over and over
I upgraded to Windows 7 only a few weeks ago on a machine purchased new in 2009. I've got Update for XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB973688) and Security Update for XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430) on what appears to be a continuous loop of wanting to be installed, installing "successfully", and requiring reboot over and over again. How can I tell if it's not actually being installed or to tell it that it's done. I'm not a sophisticated user able to look at code that other people have posted in the past so need a bit more hand ...

Installation Help 01-07-04
Hi, when i installed mscrm1.1 i got the error. setup was unable to install microsoft CRM server setup was unable to provision your organisation setup was unable to create user settings unknown error(80042F0D) how to rectifiy it. Regards, Hello Richard, which exact Version of MS CRM are you installing? Which Version of Windows Server is on your system? Which MS SQL Server Version is running? Which Servicepack? Please respond directly to this NG, thanks! Have a nice day Susanne Wollert Microsoft CRM Support EMEA "Richard I.P" <iamiamiam_77@yahoo.com> wrote in message ...

Feature Pack Install Issues
We installed the 1.2 Feature pack on 30 clients and the server two weeks ago, and now it appears that there is an issue with promoting mail from the SFO client in Outlook2003. Doing so causes the Outlook to crash, the always helpful "would you like to send info to Microsoft?" dialog, but no CRM error. SP2 is NOT installed on these computers. Has anyone else had issue with the feature pack similar to this and can suggest solutions to this issue? Thanks in advance, Scott ...