sort photos by date taken

I have taken a lot of photos while on holiday but they are not in date order
why is this and how can I get them into order I have tried drag cut and paste
I tried on another machine which seemed to accept this but they are still all
over the place

You can change the order they appear in Windows Explorer or in any of the
Open or Save dialog boxes. Just click on the Date header.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"photos" <photos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have taken a lot of photos while on holiday but they are not in date
>order
> why is this and how can I get them into order I have tried drag cut and
> paste
> I tried on another machine which seemed to accept this but they are still
> all
> over the place

0
JoAnn
6/3/2010 3:24:34 PM
"photos" <photos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have taken a lot of photos while on holiday but they are not in date
>order
> why is this and how can I get them into order I have tried drag cut and
> paste
> I tried on another machine which seemed to accept this but they are still
> all
> over the place

Your Camera should give them file names that are something similar to
IMG0001, IMG 0002, IMG0003, or file names that have the date included, like
IMG060301, IMG060302, IMG060303. These file names would automatically sort
your files for you.

Having said that, you can define the sort order in Windows Explorer by
setting the View Mode to Details.

You will be presented with columns of information, the contents of that
information will be listed at the top of each column. You can Right Click
the column headings and select the information you want to be shown, and you
can move the columns around so they are in any order you want -- select the
MORE option to move the columns around.

Once you have defined the columns to be displayed and set their order, click
OK.

With the columns you want to be displayed, all you do is click the Column
Heading to sort by that column.

0
Jeff
6/3/2010 4:18:11 PM
"Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "photos" <photos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have taken a lot of photos while on holiday but they are not in date
>>order
>> why is this and how can I get them into order I have tried drag cut and
>> paste
>> I tried on another machine which seemed to accept this but they are still
>> all
>> over the place
>
> Your Camera should give them file names that are something similar to
> IMG0001, IMG 0002, IMG0003, or file names that have the date included,
> like IMG060301, IMG060302, IMG060303. These file names would automatically
> sort your files for you.
>
> Having said that, you can define the sort order in Windows Explorer by
> setting the View Mode to Details.
>
> You will be presented with columns of information, the contents of that
> information will be listed at the top of each column. You can Right Click
> the column headings and select the information you want to be shown, and
> you can move the columns around so they are in any order you want --
> select the MORE option to move the columns around.
>
> Once you have defined the columns to be displayed and set their order,
> click OK.
>
> With the columns you want to be displayed, all you do is click the Column
> Heading to sort by that column.

You can experiment with what I said earlier right here in your newsreader.

Notice that at the top of each column are headings, SUBJECT, FROM, SENT,
SIZE (where some of these might be different because you can change them and
I would never know). You can sort the messages by clicking on these
headings. You can also display and sort your files the same way.

0
Jeff

DPM 2010 release dates
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could define what the current projected release dates for DPM 2010 are? I'm specifically looking for RC and RTM dates. I've heard that the RTM is now expected to ship in early summer and wanted to confirm. Here is an old information I gathered before. I am not sure it is still accurate. So lets wait for the DPM team's answer: http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/12/dpm-2010-timeline.html -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA Houston, TX http://blogs.sivarajan.com/ http://publications...

creating rule based on date email received
I would like to create a rule to move message to a specific folder based on their received date - i.e. anything older than 7 days, move to this folder. Can rules be made based on a general date, or do you need to put in specific dates for it to work. I do not want to archive the email, just move it to a separate folder for later review. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! "Diana" said in news:6b0b01c3e69d$9d45ff10$a001280a@phx.gbl: > I would like to create a rule to move message to a > specific folder based on their received date - i.e. > anything older than 7 days, ...

sorting network problems
I have a five desktop wired network that works well but two days today it just not working. some of the pcs are able to get connections but others dont, sometimes when i move the cable to a different location then it connects and open ggoogle searches but any other page will not be opend i want to change the hub and all the cat5 cables and use cat6 is it something that can solve my proble please advice me thanks On Feb 24, 6:53=A0pm, Amin <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a five desktop wired network that works well but two days today it > just not wor...

Sort Solution needed
I have a worksheet with 5 columns and 5 rows. A number gets entered into each cell (A1:E5). I need to sort so that each number is placed in sequential order (smallest to largest) across the columns and down the rows (see example below). Can this be done? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 Patrick, One way might be to put the numbers in a column, then make a table of links to the 5x5 range you need. The column will sort easily. But you'll have to enter the numbers into the column -- the ta...

SharePoint 2010 Beta expiry date
Is there any expiry date set on SP2010 Beta? If yes, where can I view that date? TIA J Justin here is the link you get the details on that http://blogs.msdn.com/ekraus/archive/2009/11/17/sharepoint-2010-beta-2-is-finally-here.aspx Justin Jeyaraj wrote: SharePoint 2010 Beta expiry date 28-Apr-10 Is there any expiry date set on SP2010 Beta? If yes, where can I view that date? TIA J Justin Previous Posts In This Thread: Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Free Online Courses Available for Eggheadcafe.com Users http://www...

Grouping mails by their date received
Hi there, I would like to group my mails on "Received" date so as to figure out my activities on a particular date. Microsoft Outlook 2K SR1 allows its users to format the columns the way they want and group mails by those columns (except columns with formula) When I customize the "Received" column with "mm/dd/yy" format and group by it, Outlook falls back to the original format ignoring my customization. This results in a useless view in which Outlook groups the mails upto minutes accuracy and ends up puting one mail on each group and creating as many groups ...

Sorting Graph Legend
I have a Bar graph that illustrates Production Lines across the X-axis, with Time on the Y-axis. Each Production Line is represented by a single Bar in the graph, and displays the cumulation of down time by each Reason. In short, a Single Bar could have 3 colors on it, one stacked on the other, each showing a { 1, 1.5, .5 } respectively time incremement, and the cumulative Bar being 3 hours high. Is there a way to display the Legend with a Highest to Lowest display of the reasons? I believe I can use the Large() to stack the Bars Highest to Lowest, making rhe graph appear "Bottom Heavy/Li...

"Random sort" a selection?
I'd like to select a range of cells down a single column, and resort the values in a random order, but within the same cells. Is that easy enough to do? Ed I suppose you could insert a random number in the column next to your data and then sort both columns of data based on the random column, then delete the column of random numbers. Hope this helps. Pete "Pete_UK" <pashurst@auditel.net> wrote in message news:1138819736.344561.180210@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I suppose you could insert a random number in the column next to your > data and then sort bo...

RMS should have a search strategy for "date account opened"
EOM ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0b38650c-32cb-40cb-8b52-e4aab95e11f9&dg=microsoft.public.pos you can do this with reports. "samax" <s...

Sorting Outlook Contacts
My boss's contacts will not sort by "company" - when I select "current view" then "by company" - his displays the exact same way as "by category". My outlook works perfectly fine; I am not sure what to look for, in order get his settings straightened back out...!! Thanks so much! ~Cara Try View, Current View | Customize Current View | Group By. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 &qu...

Vba Date$
I have to use the Date$, and this seems to be swapping the day and month: The system date is 04/06/2010 (dd/mm/yy), and the regional setting are for the UK when I try Dstr = Format(Date$, "dd/mm/yy"), I get 06/04/2010, and when I break it down into individual elements, ie Y = Year(Date$) M = Month(Date$) D = Day(Date$) I get M = 4 & D = 6! Please help! -- Eric Try using DStr = Format(Date, "dd/mm/yy") -- HTH Bob "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A93C4128-4E48-46B3-A59B-3...

automatically saving a workbook as today's date
I have set up a template and run a macro that copies information fro one workbook to another, then saves the changes and then closes. Thi is fine, but before the workbook closes I am trying to get the macro t rename the template with today's date, but without success. I have pu =today() in cell a1 and try to get the vba to look at this cell befor closing but it just saves the template as (a1).xls instead of today' date. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong. Your help will be gratefully received regards Steve Jackso -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: ...

Moving spreadsheet rows with photos Problems in Excel 2007
I have an inventory worksheet in Excel 2002. There is a photo in one cell in each row that needs to move with the row. I formatted each photo to move and size with cell, and had no problems. Have just had to change to Excel 2007. I can move the row by cut and insert cut cells, and the photo moves with it. BUT the problem comes with the rows above the cut cells - the photos move down into the blank row left by the cut row when moving to another sheet- so the photos left are not with their original rows and descriptions. I have looked at all the options that I can find (steep learning...

How do I enter a date in excel without "/" ex. 041504 will show 0.
Excel can't do this without some help. You could look at: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.QDEDownload.html for an addin that can set this up. tj "Amy" wrote: > ...

Date Filtering in RMS Active Reports
My company is open past midnight. This causes terrible headaches for me and reporting since RMS uses the standard 24 hour day, yet I need sales that occur after midnight but prior to 3 am to appear on reports for the previous day. I have a datetime field that I am converting using the formula Formula = "CONVERT(nvarchar, ViewTenders.Time, 22)" so that in the active report it looks like 11/08/06 1:54:00 PM. In the active report, it's vbDataType is defined as vbString. I can not get the filter(s) to allow me to show dates correctly. What I'd like to see is all transa...

Sorting Problem
I have a text field in one of my tables that includes alpha-numeric values such as "A1", "A2", "A3", etc. Currently, when I sort them in a report, they sort alpha-numerically (as they should.) However, this means that "A11" comes before "A2". Is there anyway (programatically) I can get the output to display "A1", "A2", A3", etc. I realize I can add another field to my table (which would include a numerical representation of the value) and sort on that field, but I want to see whether there's any way ...

Languages in date colomn
After downloading my email through a swedish network, the weekdays and dates of recieved emails are stated in swedish in my inbox. My Outlook 2000 is Norwegian language. How can just this colomn change language, and is there a way for me to change it back to Norwegian ? Thank you in advance. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can just this colomn change language, I don't know, but I've heard of it. > and is there a > way for me to change it back to Norwegian ? Here's something to try: at a command line pr...

Always future dates
I have a form with an unbound text box for entering a date. The text box's format property is set to Short Date. Here's the problem, based on today (09/14/07): If a user enters 01/15 into the text box, Access will expand that date to 01/15/07. The users would like the date to be expanded to 01/15/08, the future date instead of one in the past. Can someone suggest the easiest way to force the date into the future? Is there some sort of formatting property I can set, or would this need to be done in code? If it's in code, have you seen a sample anywhere that would give me a good sta...

=DATEDIF(start date,end date, unit)
When I use this function, the error #NAME? is returned. Could this because the function requires an ADD-IN or extra components installed? DATEDIF is described in my version of HELP but I notice it is not shown in the list of functions that appears when I select "Paste Function" from the toolbar and select the category "Date&Time". This is why I think perhaps the problem is that support is not installed. I'm using Excel 2000 V9.0.2720 Yes, tools>addins>analysis toolpak -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "gvm" <postbox@tech...

Bold dates on yearly calendar
I am creating a yearly calendar using a publisher template. How can I bold certain dates on the calendar? When I click on a particular month, all the text for that month gets selected. Thank You About the only way I know is to select the month text box, copy, paste special as a table. The table will be large but can be resized to the same size as the text box by using the size handles. As for the month name cell... select the top row of the table, Table menu, merge cells. You should be able to bold the dates now. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Ana24" <Ana24@disc...

Count by short date and group by agent name
I have a tracking table (tbl_Tracker) that now contains date and time in one field [Date] and agent name in another field [SLR]. I would like run a query to do a count of number of records by agent by day. How do I set up the query to recognize only the date and not the time. I have Group By [SLR], Count [SLR] and Group By [Date], however it shows a record for each date and specific time instead of grouping the whole day. Then I need to build another query that looks at another table (tbl_SL_Call_Stats) for number of calls handled [Handled] by day [Date] for a date range and ...

Report Generation Variables for Date
I'm trying to define a filter in a report, using the last month start and last month end as low and high limits. Can somebody tell me the name of this variables, like <Today> is self explanable. -- alvaroguzman this is all I have: <MonthStart> first day of month <WeekStart> date of first day of this week <LastWeekStart> date of first day of last week <YearStart> first day of year <Now> current date/time <ReportDate> date of report "Alvaro Guzman" <aguzmanc2005@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:7C2DA569-6C0C-420C-9F49-4FC...

how to sort a string?
Hi Group Trying to sort a string looking like: bv-8,ok-3,bv-5,sk-1,bh-2,ok-9 etc into: bh-2,bv-5,bv-8,ok-3,ok-9,sk-1 etc Grateful for some help. Brgds CG Rosen Try This code. Sub SortData() InputStr = "bv-8,ok-3,bv-5,sk-1,bh-2,ok-9" 'put data into an array SortArray = Split(InputStr, ",") For I = LBound(SortArray) To (UBound(SortArray) - 1) For J = (I + 1) To UBound(SortArray) If SortArray(I) > SortArray(J) Then temp = SortArray(I) SortArray(I) = SortArray(J) SortArray(J) = temp End If Next J Next I OutputStr = Join(Sort...

Conditional Formatting Dates 02-18-10
I am attempting to highlight past due dates (I am horrible with the formula's and can not seem to figure out how to NOT highlight if there is no information in the cell's) A1=Planned date and A2=Completed date Conditions I am trying to figure out 1. Would like A1 to highlight RED if less than Now and A1 is NOT BLANK or A2 is BLANK 2. Would like A2 to highlight green if filled out and less than or equal to A1 Thanks anyone that can help!!! Katie CF formula for A1: =OR(ISBLANK(A2),AND(A1<TODAY(),ISNUMBER(A1))) CF formula for A2: =AND(ISNUMBER(A2),A2<=A1...

Sorting #13
Is there something that prevents the Sort function from sorting correctly? Example: there is information in columns A, B, and C. I set the sort to first sort by Col. A and then Col. B and then Col. C. Col Col Col A B C 1 A 5 1 A 2 1 A 4 1 A 1 1 A 3 Sometimes the sort will do good for Col. A and B, but will not properly Col. C. If I go and reenter the Col. C data and then sort, it will sort correctly. Any reason for this? ...