Outlook 2007 setup requires exchange server?

Maybe you guys can give me some advice on this issue I am having with
Outlook 2007 setup.

I just installed a new copy of Office 2007, the previous version was removed.

The previous version was pointing to an exchange server (at my old company).
I do not use an exchange server, I point pop/smtp service.

When I launch Outlook, it asks for login to the exchange server, I hit
cancel. Then it asks for a new exchange server. I have none to give, so I hit
cancel. It then closes Outlook.

In other words I have no access to outlook menus to reconfig anything.

I suspect there is some registry setting for this and it “keeps” even though
I uninistalled the old Office and re-installed my new licensed copy.

Ever heard of this issue?

Uninstalling Outlook doesn't impact on the Outlook Profile, where these
settings are stored. Use the Mail Applet in the Control Panel to correctly
configure your type of connection

"aixrus" <aixrus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Maybe you guys can give me some advice on this issue I am having with
> Outlook 2007 setup.
>
> I just installed a new copy of Office 2007, the previous version was
> removed.
>
> The previous version was pointing to an exchange server (at my old
> company).
> I do not use an exchange server, I point pop/smtp service.
>
> When I launch Outlook, it asks for login to the exchange server, I hit
> cancel. Then it asks for a new exchange server. I have none to give, so I
> hit
> cancel. It then closes Outlook.
>
> In other words I have no access to outlook menus to reconfig anything.
>
> I suspect there is some registry setting for this and it “keeps” even
> though
> I uninistalled the old Office and re-installed my new licensed copy.
>
> Ever heard of this issue?

0
DL

Max number of Rules in Outlook
Hi everyone: Just a simple question that may be a common curiosity: does anyone know what is the max number of rules I can set up in Outlook? I have reached about 70 rules and the I get the message that there is no further space on the server. Maybe it is just a matter of room and the number it is not a limitation? Thanks for answering. Cheers That's it indeed; you can only store up to 32KB of e-mail rules. Disabled rules don't count but you're properly better of combining some rules or see if they are still needed. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mo...

Public Folder server
Hi, I have 2 different servers as follows : Server1 = Mailbox server Server2 = Public Folder server (only has one PF store) My query: What should be the value for HomeMDB attribute when i click on ADSI edit and navigate till ...>Server Name > System Attendant's properties on Server2? Right now the value for HomeMDB of System Attendent on Server2 is showing "Not Set". Should it be pointing to Server1? Pls guide. thanks Are you having problems with the way it's configured? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel 2007