office trial

wizard will not activate, keep getting message to set date and time
correctly, these are set correctly in my time zone, tried to syncronise clock
to different internet server  but keep getting error message. Office trial
was preinstalled on computer and I went through microsoft with key they
emailed to me. This is getting very tiresome as I am a new user

"tottenham hotspur" wrote:

> wizard will not activate, keep getting message to set date and time
> correctly, these are set correctly in my time zone, tried to syncronise clock
> to different internet server  but keep getting error message. Office trial
> was preinstalled on computer and I went through microsoft with key they
> emailed to me. This is getting very tiresome as I am a new user
According to your posting properties you time or time zone is not set correctly.
Where are you located

--
Peter

"tottenham hotspur" <tottenhamhotspur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> wizard will not activate, keep getting message to set date and time
> correctly, these are set correctly in my time zone, tried to syncronise clock
> to different internet server  but keep getting error message. Office trial
> was preinstalled on computer and I went through microsoft with key they
> emailed to me. This is getting very tiresome as I am a new user

0
Peter

> According to your posting properties you time or time zone is not set
> correctly. Where are you located
>
> --
> Peter

> "tottenham hotspur" <tottenhamhotspur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:A3ABD601-3E17-4CAD-8CD4-F639D5C339AC@microsoft.com...
>> wizard will not activate, keep getting message to set date and time
>> correctly, these are set correctly in my time zone, tried to syncronise
>> clock
>> to different internet server  but keep getting error message. Office
>> trial
>> was preinstalled on computer and I went through microsoft with key they
>> emailed to me. This is getting very tiresome as I am a new user

The OP's IP shows England  which should be -00:00 GMT and the time zone on
the original post shows -08:00 GMT which puts him in Pacific US time zone.

0
LVTravel

out off office replies but not allowing person does not exist repl
hi with exchange 2003.. is there a way of allowing out of office replies but not user does not exist replies back to the sender ? On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 04:19:27 -0800, Jason Blake <JasonBlake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi with exchange 2003.. is there a way of allowing out of office replies but >not user does not exist replies back to the sender ? Eh? ...

Any way to format Out-of-Office Assistant in Outlook 2007?
We have a company policy regarding signatures in emails -- specific font, size, color, etc. We would like to have the signaure appear in outgoing messages from the Out-of-Office Assistant, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it. The messages always come back as Courier New. We're a technology company, and this looks very unprofessional. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS! KathyN <KathyN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have a company policy regarding signatures in emails -- specific > font, size, color, etc. We would like to have the signau...

How to upgrade from Office v. X for Mac??
I have Office v.X for Mac, 10.1.4 (Word, Entourage) and 10.1.5 (Excel, Powerpoint) and have seen that update versions have been posted (11.2.4, for ex.). But when I download them and try to run the installer, it tells me it can't find any Office apps to update. How do I update?? I am using a MacBook Pro 2.0 Ghz 15", running Mac OS 10.4.6. Do I need to buy Office 2004 for Mac first? And if I buy it, what version is currently shipping in the box? jpfader wrote: > I have Office v.X for Mac, 10.1.4 (Word, Entourage) and 10.1.5 (Excel, > Powerpoint) and have seen that update...

two offices and a single exchange server question.
I have two offices, one in Washington and one in Detroit. They are both connected to each other via a T1. Right now the washington site has the exchange server, and everyone in Detroit must connect to the server over the T1. What are my options for setting up a solution that will be faster for the Detroit group? I am running DFS right now for most other appliations, and I KNOW you can't use DFS on exchange, however, what other options do I have? I would also like to keep the e-mail addresses the same for the people in Detroit. I think we all know how much of a pain it is to change th...

whihc microsoft office can i use to determine loan amortization
I am looking for programs wherein I can determine loan amortization "Justin Reyes" <JustinReyes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304D4935-F597-4BE9-A290-59C78A19AEBC@microsoft.com... |I am looking for programs wherein I can determine loan amortization You need Excel, not Access -- Len ______________________________________________________ remove nothing for valid email address. ...

Microsoft Office-25 digit code lost
I lost my 25-digit code. The software is registered. I cannot use it on another computer now. What solutions do I have? Jan Please e-mail me privitely ...

Getting Windows Installer error message when starting Office appli
When I start an Office application I initially get a "Windows Installer" window to pop up stating "Preparing to install...". Approximately 30 seconds or so later a window pops up titled "Problem with Shortcut". The statement in this window is "This update package could not be opened. Verify that the update package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer update package." I am running Vista and Office 2007. This has not been a problem in the past. It appears a recent...

Off Topic First look Office 2010
Off Topic First look Office 2010 In a different list many people expressed that they have difficulties in down loading the ebook "Firstlook Office 2010" published by Microsoft. I was able to get it, of course with some difficulty. For the benefit of others....I have uploaded the same to yousendit. Here is the link. http://rcpt.yousendit.com/791702352/e1911e9fc6d8b04bca9f92ff5bebe5e4 Those who want it may download it. It will be there there for 7 more days only seena Spammer can't even get the right newsgroup. "Srinivasulu B" <bhattarams@gmail.com...

Sounds in Office 2004
I just installed Office 2004 over Office X and I have no sounds -save etc. <br> The sounds on all other programs work fine - just Office. Any ideas? The problem was solved. Preferences. ...

Office Update doesn't recognize current Service Pack level
Hi - I went to the Microsoft Office Update site & let it scan for updates I needed (I am currently at Service Pack 3 on Office 2K), but it came back as saying I needed to install Service Pack 1. Any one have any ideas here? Thanks, Jeff ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?
How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? On 2/26/08 5:15 PM, in article ee8ee56.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "mollycat@officeformac.com" <mollycat@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office > 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? Delete these two files: ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft:Office 2008:Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist where ~ is your home folder, and HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2008:Office:OfficePID.plist -- Diane, ...

Outlook 2007 (Trial) Tools->Options and Tools>Customize disabled
Hi, I've just installed Outlook 2007 (Trial) (12.0.4518.1014) onto a fresh Vista Home Premium Platform. The install went fine, but when I accessed the Tools menu, I found the "Customize" and "Options" menu items to be disabled. I still have 2 weeks before my trial license expires. Is this a restrictions on the trial version? Thanks, Randy Trial versions of all Office programs are full versions limited only to = the 30 or 60 day trial limit. Have you tried running Office Diagnostics on your Office installation? = Where in Outlook are you seeing these items...

Installed beta Office 2010
I recently installed Office 2010 beta version on my laptop. I had Office 2007 so I decided to keep that version as well. But the problem is that I had Business Contact Manager in my Office 2007 version and as you cannot have Outllok 2007 and 2010 I don't know if there is any option that will allow my business contact manager to be displayed! Do I have uninstall Office 2010 to get back my Outlook Business contact manager? If anyone knows how to do this I would highly apprecite any feedback R "Rajeev Rawat" <rajeev.rawat1@googlemail.com> wrote in message new...

Set Out of Office to recur every week
Using Outlook 2000, is it possible to automate OOO to turn on every (for example) Tuesday night, and turn off again on Thursday morning? TIA Not that I know of. C de Vries wrote: > Using Outlook 2000, is it possible to automate OOO to turn on every > (for example) Tuesday night, and turn off again on Thursday morning? > > TIA ...

how do i set up microsoft office outlook account #2
I'm trying to set up an microsoft outlook 2003 account, but i don't understand the terms used in questions, such as: pop3 email, what do i type in space. What is incoming serverpop3, & outgoing server smtp & what do i type in space provided? You put in the settings your email provider gave you. Most providers post the server settings on their web site. You cannot use Outlook for free web mail, however. It has to be POP mail. For free web mail, just use your browser. "mom50" wrote: > I'm trying to set up an microsoft outlook 2003 account, but i don't...

Why is Office 2004 So Slow?
Why is Office 2004 so much slower that previous versions? Is is something in the set up or is this a problem inherent to the release? Geoff Hi Geoff, Most things are about the same or faster. One or two things out of the tens of thousands of possibilities are slightly slower. Was there something in particular you had noticed? -- Jim Gordon Mac MVP MVPs are not Microsoft Employees MVP info http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Quoting from "G&B Bonnin" <gandb.bonnin@verizon.net>, in article BCFB09DF.4060%gandb.bonnin@verizon.net, on [DATE: > Why is Office 2004 so...

items from clipboard don't paste into my Office 2003 program
I can get items to copy into the clipboard. But then I often cannot get those items to paste into an Office 2003 program ... Access, Outlook, Word .... until I reboot. This happens about twice a week. I do a LOT of cut and paste in my work so I really use the clipboard feature. ...

How can i find my serial Number for Office 2004 in Mac.
Hi, I am Khuram and i have Office 2004 for Mac but i missplace the serial number for this. please tell how can i find this. Thanks. In article <2ae501c4ab09$fd9dd050$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Khuram" <shahzadkhuram@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am Khuram and i have Office 2004 for Mac but i missplace > the serial number for this. please tell how can i find > this. You'll need to get a replacement CD Key. Contact Product Support Services: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;CNTACTMS You'll need to have some form of proof of purchase...

Office 97 11-12-03
Is Office 97 Twain compliant? I believe it was Rob. "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d6601c3a8ea$153d5320$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is Office 97 Twain compliant? ...

Connecting a "back office" PC to run store managment.
I have a single register running the front of the house. I wish to run management reports on a second networked computer. The first register is running the POS app and both PC's are running sqlserver.exe. When I try to connect to the front database on Machine1 for database abc I get the message that the app can't find the sql server. Both computers are XP Pro (not sure of service pack level) and belong to the same workgroup. Named pipes and TCP (port 1344) are running on both systems. I don't know weather or not if the partner that installed the system bothered to serv...

Recurring Out Of Office
Hello, I'm out of the office every friday. (not on vacation sadly, just working somewhere else) So I'd like to have an Out Of Office reply set up that will automatically run every friday. Is this possible? Thanks El Kabong No, you will need to do it manually each time. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, El Kabong asked: | Hello, | I'm out of the office every friday. (not on vacation sadly, just | ...

Office X hangs after updates
I updated my Office X suite from the base install with the downloads from Microsoft for 10.1.2, 10.1.4, and 10.1.5. When I double-click on Excel, Word, or Powerpoint now, the splash scren for that app comes up and the little message on the splash screen says it is Configuring Office Components (specifically Excel). That is as far as it gets. The splash screen stays up and hangs the Mac after a while. Any ideas? In article <134a680b.0406201426.4025b9e7@posting.google.com>, rsprotect-google@yahoo.com (Robert S) wrote: > I updated my Office X suite from the base install with the d...

Why does office turn off when I delete a message?
I have Office Outlook 2003 SP1 and all critical updates. When I do anything with a message, other than read it (for instance, delete it), Outlook shuts down and the message appears telling me that the program has run into a problem and needs to close. There is no error number and no recourse but to click to either send an error report or don't to MS. Has anyone had this problem and has anyone found a cure for it. Thanks for whatever help you can give me. Try both detect and repair and scanpst.exe. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the disc...

error message when any office 2007 office app closes.
I have just installed 2007 Office Pro Plus on my win xp (svc pack 2) computer. So far the apps have all worked fine except: after I close the program, (word or powerpoint, etc.) I get a error message and do I want to report this to Microsoft. I looked into the "what does this error report contain" and found that the error code is 0x0000005. That's it. My work is saved like normal I don't find anything missing. Anyone have any clues? -- Damzish ----- On 3/10/08 6:38 PM, in article ACE1805D-69BA-4E3D-83CA-3C7D77CC2260@microsoft.com, "Damzish" <Damzis...

I have been trying to read the works 4.0 files I have loaded from my old computer into my new computer with Ms Office. The files have transfered OK but come out as gobbledygook when I try to read them in MS office and the works program on my new computer. Help appreciated. David G Unfortunately, Office doesn't recognize Works format (and vice versa). You're going to have to open the Works files in Works, and export them to a format that Office does recognize (such as DBF or CSV) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (No private e-mails, please) "D...