Office 2010 rtm configures everytime

Installed office 2010 rtm and every I reboot the computer windows box appears
configuring Office. Also everytime I start any Office program that starts the
Office configuring box. Also cannot install BCM 2010 beta as message
indicates I donot have right Office version installed same with outlook
connector.
All programs work if I wait for configure box to disappear or I just cancel
it.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled still the same.
Windows 7 ultimate 32, 4GB
Original Office was 2007 ultimate

Dear Partner,

I understand that the configuration prompt always appears when restarting
computer and opening Office applications after installing Office 2010 on
Windows 7. In addition, you have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2010
but the issue remains. If there has been any misunderstanding, please let
me know.

I would like to explain that this issue may occur if multiple versions of
Office are installed on the same system or the previous version of Office
is not removed completely. Since the client was originally installed with
Office 2007, I recommend we follow the steps below to remove previous
version of Office:

1. Download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/9/D/E9D80355-7AB4-45B8-80E8-983A48D
5E1BD/msicuu2.exe

2. After you install the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, click Start
menu -> All Programs -> Windows Install Clean Up.
3. Highlight Microsoft Office 2007 entry and other version of Office
program in the list and then click Remove. Quit the Utility.

Note: If you have got any other old or redundant office entries such as
Office 2003 or other Office stand alone products such as Visio in the list,
please remove them together.

4. Close all applications.

If the issue still remains after steps above, please refer to the following
article to delete the registry keys:

How to manually uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it
by using the "Add or Remove Programs" feature
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;928218

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Steven Du
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------

| From: =?Utf-8?B?QWxsYW4=?= <serifall@newsgroup.nospam>
| Subject: Office 2010 rtm configures everytime
| Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 01:02:01 -0700

| Installed office 2010 rtm and every I reboot the computer windows box
appears
| configuring Office. Also everytime I start any Office program that starts
the
| Office configuring box. Also cannot install BCM 2010 beta as message
| indicates I donot have right Office version installed same with outlook
| connector.
| All programs work if I wait for configure box to disappear or I just
cancel
| it.
| I have uninstalled and reinstalled still the same.
| Windows 7 ultimate 32, 4GB
| Original Office was 2007 ultimate

Since I posted last message I have stopped it from configuring on startup
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.aw
had no permissions
also
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.docx
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.msg
were causing problems with outlook (no permissions set)
and now outlook connector installed.
The above were found by looking at error logs
Now no configure at startup with Outlook, Powerpoint and Publisher

But excell,Word and Access all start with configuring

I have Office Accounting 2009 could this be a problem

""steven du"" wrote:

> Dear Partner,
>
> I understand that the configuration prompt always appears when restarting
> computer and opening Office applications after installing Office 2010 on
> Windows 7. In addition, you have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2010
> but the issue remains. If there has been any misunderstanding, please let
> me know.
>
> I would like to explain that this issue may occur if multiple versions of
> Office are installed on the same system or the previous version of Office
> is not removed completely. Since the client was originally installed with
> Office 2007, I recommend we follow the steps below to remove previous
> version of Office:
>
> 1. Download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.
>
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/9/D/E9D80355-7AB4-45B8-80E8-983A48D
> 5E1BD/msicuu2.exe
>
> 2. After you install the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, click Start
> menu -> All Programs -> Windows Install Clean Up.
> 3. Highlight Microsoft Office 2007 entry and other version of Office
> program in the list and then click Remove. Quit the Utility.
>
> Note: If you have got any other old or redundant office entries such as
> Office 2003 or other Office stand alone products such as Visio in the list,
> please remove them together.
>
> 4. Close all applications.
>
> If the issue still remains after steps above, please refer to the following
> article to delete the registry keys:
>
> How to manually uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it
> by using the "Add or Remove Programs" feature
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;928218
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Steven Du
> Microsoft Online Partner Support
>

> --------------------
>
> | From: =?Utf-8?B?QWxsYW4=?= <serifall@newsgroup.nospam>
> | Subject: Office 2010 rtm configures everytime
> | Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 01:02:01 -0700
>

> | Installed office 2010 rtm and every I reboot the computer windows box
> appears
> | configuring Office. Also everytime I start any Office program that starts
> the
> | Office configuring box. Also cannot install BCM 2010 beta as message
> | indicates I donot have right Office version installed same with outlook
> | connector.
> | All programs work if I wait for configure box to disappear or I just
> cancel
> | it.
> | I have uninstalled and reinstalled still the same.
> | Windows 7 ultimate 32, 4GB
> | Original Office was 2007 ultimate
> |

> .

Still had no reply to previous post, now seen a post by BillB on 5/25/2010
with similar problem.

"Allan" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Steven Du
> > Microsoft Online Partner Support
> >

> > --------------------
> >
> > | From: =?Utf-8?B?QWxsYW4=?= <serifall@newsgroup.nospam>
> > | Subject: Office 2010 rtm configures everytime
> > | Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 01:02:01 -0700
> >

> > | Installed office 2010 rtm and every I reboot the computer windows box
> > appears
> > | configuring Office. Also everytime I start any Office program that starts
> > the
> > | Office configuring box. Also cannot install BCM 2010 beta as message
> > | indicates I donot have right Office version installed same with outlook
> > | connector.
> > | All programs work if I wait for configure box to disappear or I just
> > cancel
> > | it.
> > | I have uninstalled and reinstalled still the same.

DPM 2010 release dates
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could define what the current projected release dates for DPM 2010 are? I'm specifically looking for RC and RTM dates. I've heard that the RTM is now expected to ship in early summer and wanted to confirm. Here is an old information I gathered before. I am not sure it is still accurate. So lets wait for the DPM team's answer: http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/12/dpm-2010-timeline.html -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA Houston, TX http://blogs.sivarajan.com/ http://publications...

Outlook can not find servers after updating office xp
I updated office xp with the service pack 3. Now outlook does not work. It can not find the servers on any of my email accounts. Everything worked fine prior to installing the patch. What change took place with Outlook to make it not find the servers? This is my work PC, and I need to get outlook operational. I need to either 1) fix the problem or 2) figure out how to completely remove office and the update so that I can reinstall office. Thank you in advance. What sort of accounts do you have? What version of Windows are you running? If Windows XP, did you also just apply SP-1? -- J...

Office STILL won't launch on G5
A month has passed since my original posting to this forum, and I've been searching other forums and Web sites for additional advice. I've read many helpful suggestions, but nothing has worked to get the Office apps to launch on my G5. I'm now running Panther OS 10.3.1. To recap, none of the Office apps will launch on my new dual 2ghz G5. I uninstalled (not just trashed) the "test drive" version of Office that came with the computer. I've tried installing the Office apps by both copying the folder off the CD and using the installer. I've run all the updaters u...

Outlook 2000 in Office 2000 Small Business
I have done several clean installs w/several different versions of Outlook from discs and I cannot get Outlook to open w/out crashing upon loading. All other components of Office work great. I began having problems w/Outlook when I began using Outlook Express.... Maybe they are related. Please help. ...

Money 2007 fails install on Vista RTM
Howdy! I would love some advice on this. On Friday I tried to reinstall Money 2007 on my freshly built Vista RTM machine, and the installation fails. Tried about 8 times.. always fails about 98% of the way through the install, and this is after a warning screen at initial install launch saying that this application has known issues. The bummer is that I had 2007 running on my machine on the Vista beta's but the key there was likely that I installed 2007 on XP and the vista's were upgrades. Any hope, any suggestions? I *need* to get this running as I am now daily dependant o...

SharePoint 2010 Beta expiry date
Is there any expiry date set on SP2010 Beta? If yes, where can I view that date? TIA J Justin here is the link you get the details on that http://blogs.msdn.com/ekraus/archive/2009/11/17/sharepoint-2010-beta-2-is-finally-here.aspx Justin Jeyaraj wrote: SharePoint 2010 Beta expiry date 28-Apr-10 Is there any expiry date set on SP2010 Beta? If yes, where can I view that date? TIA J Justin Previous Posts In This Thread: Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Free Online Courses Available for Eggheadcafe.com Users http://www...

System crashed -Reload of Windows left out office
I have had a version of Microsoft office since 1994, the most recent version being Money 2000. I utilize this program every day to track my current and future financial info. When the system crashed I reloaded Windows 98, however, something must be wrong with my CD drive as it kept stopping, at various lengths, and saying Void-Retry- and something else in DOS (which I never did understand. My financial information is still in my favorites, as I save the info each day. When i try to open Money I receive a message, as follows: "This applicationm can not identify the end user identif...

Stop office from scanning network drives in disconnected state
I know that unmapping the network drives when disconnected is the MS solution for solving the problem with office apps opening files slowly off network (KB313937). But i don't remember having any users complain about this until a month or so ago. We have been using Office 2007 in a domain environment for several years and this issue has never occurred until recently (like that last month or so). Is there a group policy setting or Office setting that will prevent office from waiting for a disconnected drive to time out? We map drives using group policy preferences and it w...

Why can't I get my hotmail account linked to office 2000? #2
I have Office 2000 installed on my laptop and I am trying to link hotmail to my mail service. I am not able to import my hotmail account or send messages and would like guidance on how I can get this set up. I am using a cable connection, thanks for the help! If your Hotmail account is free, you cannot connect via outlook. This is the most common cause of not being able to connect. "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2F8899B-4E0B-4B71-8678-7BC29739301A@microsoft.com... >I have Office 2000 installed on my laptop and I am trying to link...

upgraded to office pro can't open outlook
I just uninstalled office basic and loaded office xp pro. I have xp media running on my machine. I can't open outlook. every time I try I get the following: Cannot start microsoft outlook. Unable to display the selected folder or item. could not open the item. try again. That is when I try to open outlook from start menu under the explorer icon. If I go to all programs and try to start it that way, I get: Unable to open your default email folders could not open the item try again. I click ok and get: would you like to open your default file system folder instead? I click no it all goes awa...

Office Chart doubt
Hi, I try to create a chart using Office Chart Component 9. I set the type of the WCChart object as chChartTypeScatterLine, WCSeries object1 as chChartTypeScatterSmoothLineMarkers. WCSeries object2 as chChartTypeScatterSmoothLine. But the type applied to series 2 is always set to series object 1. void CImageCalibChartCtrl::ChangeType() { CWCCharts aCharts = myChartCollection.GetCharts(); CWCChart aChart = aCharts.GetItem(COleVariant((short)0)); aChart.Select(); aChart.GetSeriesCollection().GetItem(...

Is this legit? "office services user satisfaction survey".
I use Vista Professional and Office 2007. I received this survey request in an email from " Microsoft Services Survey [invite@decipherinc.com]. When I clicked on the link: http://t2.ktrmr.com/surveyh.aspx?i.project, etc., the tab had a BLANK LABEL and the survey started without any welcome, logos, etc. It just jumped into the first question. I cannot believe this is legitimate, and worry that other people are going to 'take the survey', thereby providing personal use info (or whatever they are asking) to unknown entities. Does anyone know about this? It sure ...

SharePoint 2003-2007-2010 Servers sharing files
I am working in a project where we have a location that has upgraded to SharePoint 2010, we run the main location files with SharePoint 2003 and other locations with 2007. The work that is being done on the 2010 version needs to feed some of the content to our 2003 Sharepoint intranet. we are trying to avoid having to do this work twice to mirror the content in the two locations. and we are looking for a file share method. I am not a developer, please help with any suggestions you may have. thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Auto Deployment...

Microsoft Office Keyboard Problems
Last month my hard drive failed. I have replaced it with another Maxtor but since reinstalling my software I cannot get my Microsoft Keyboard to work properly. It is okay for typing but any of the special keys (scroll, cut, paste, copy, open various apps) will not work. I have no idea what the problem is but I did reformat the hard drive with the Drive Genius program. I have tried reinstalling the latest intellitype software but still no results and microsoft has not been very helpful. The mactopia site states that this should work with my OS and G4. I am using Tiger. Any ideas? Brian M...

DPM 2010 RC Email Notifications
My email notifications are not working. They were working just fine in 2010 Beta. On the SMTP tab with server, port, from address filled in I can successfully send a test email with username/password entered in 'Authenticated SMTP Server'. But no actual notifications are sent. If I switch over to the Notifications tab and hit 'Send Test Notification' it gives me "An authentication error occurred when trying to connect to the SMTP server. (ID 518). My SMTP server (Exchange 2007) does not require authentication fo me to send email notifications. I posted s...

Office PE 2003 for Windows 7
I have just purchased a new laptop preinstalled with Windows7 After installing Office PE 2003, I'm getting the below problems 1) EULA acceptance window pops up every time I start a new Office Program. 2) My passwords do not get saved and I have to key them in everytime I use Outlook and IE. Does anyone have the same problem ? And does anyone have a fix for it ? Thanks PE ? Passwords in Outlook; depends whether you migrated data from another system or you performed a new setup of Outlook IE has nothing to do with Office "Clem" <Clem@discussions.microsof...

Install order for SharePoint 2010, SQL Server 2008R2, etc.
Hi, all, I'll post this in the SQL Server area as well. I'm creating a new VM with 2008R2, SharePoint 2010, and Office 2010 beta/Gemini. Is there a specific order I should install these in? Many thanks.... 1)OS 2)Office 3)SQL Server 4)Sharepoint Thanks very much!!! "Kamlesh" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:O1fuLkblKHA.3128@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > 1)OS 2)Office 3)SQL Server 4)Sharepoint > > --- > frmsrcurl: > http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.sharepoint.general/Install-order-for-SharePoint-2010-SQL-Ser...

Configuring Domain Name for internal/external access
Well I sort of think i've got it right. Please comment on the following points: 1. I have created an internal domain name of "audor.org" the system has registered this as "remote.audor.org". 2. Our external domain name is www.acdorchester.org. 3. I now need to purchase a domain name of www.audor.org and point the A record to the fixed IP address ISP has given. This will allow external access for management and roaming staff. Please comment and advise on any changes necessary. I am not sure if I really need to purchase another one? -- happyhacker -...

how to configure machines
I have RMS installed and running on one of my back office machine. i have installed RMS and SQL etc on my two pos machines but cannot connect my pos machines to run the database on my back office machine (i have successfully networked the machines). please advise on how i can configure my two pos machines to run the database off the back office machine thanks Do you have any Firewall software running? i.e. Norton, McAfee, WindowsFirewall... If you do you will want to configure both your registers and your back office machine to allow SQL to have access. Rob "nick" <nick@...

"Out of Office" message
Is there a way to make the "Out of Office" message stay on the screen longer? Users often miss this when returning to work and do not realize it until someone tells them they are still looking like they are away. With previous versions of Outlook, the "Out of Office" message was displayed until you responded to it - too bad that was changed for Outlook 2007 Thanks Al It's actually on the screen all the time in 2007, just in the lower right hand corner where no one looks. "Al" wrote: > Is there a way to make the "Out of Office...

how do I configure the 10 users within CRM
I am currently planning an implementation of MS CRM. I have 10 users. How should they be configured (ie. best practice, simplest way)? I'm interested in the way they should be setup - if there are 4 geographic states, one sales manager in each, and one CEO. Kind Regards, There is not a simple answer to this as "it depends"..... You have probably recongnised that CRM caters for 'Business Units' and User are associated with a Business Unit.......so yes, you can setup your four geographies each with their respective users and the CEO at the top of the tree (in the...

ISV Configuration
Hello All, I want to make some customizations to My isv.config file so that I can add some general tabs on the My home page for websites we use. As of now I have 3 tabs ISV Test 1 ISV Test 2 and ISV Test 3. How they got there I do not know. They are defaulted to MSN sites. I changed the URL and the display of the tab by opening the ISV.config file and using notepad to edit the file. Now when I saved the changes I got a error viewing CRM (I did not save is as a text file just to let everyone know.....lol). Now I made the changes with all the services running. Anyway I could not ...

Extranet Configuration of project web access
I have installed Microsoft EPM with in two server installation. and now I need to configure extranet environment . but I am confused to understant host header , load balance url , alternate access mapping. I extended my web access site . but further what i need to do . then my site will be an accessible from anywhere. I am bit confused. although I study technet pages . but confused kindly tell me step by step. Kindly tell me the solution as soon as poosible. Regards Hello Sam. Hopefully this link will help explain some of those keywords and how you go about configuring ...

Tools/office Links
Is there a way to merge/publish MS word into excel much like you can in access? I have labels that i would like to start a spreadsheet with point of contacts and other vital information. I am using office 03. If you have your data in Excel you can print address labels using MS Word http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm Hope that is what you are looking for. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "teddki...

message delivered to Calendar (Office XP)
Outlook XP Messages from a particular user are being delivered to the Outlook Calendar folder. Only way to find out that a message was received from this particular user is to do a Find, and it shows the location as Calendar. ALL other mail is delivered to the Inbox without problem. Not sure where to begin to look to troubleshoot this problem. There are no rules at all. There is nothing set on the Exchange server. Any suggestions? G'Day "C" Take the Scenic Route, and take a good look round on the way: Select "Inbox" and click the "Organize"...