office 2007: how to remove ribbon and get 2003 style menus?

Is there a way to turn off the ribbon and get back the same menus as office
2003?

I'm tried of playing hide and seek. The ribbon feature is counter productive
for me.

This typifies microsoft software: features are added not necessarily to help
users, but so that there are new features to brag about. Perhaps a new
feature for the next office would be 2003 style menus.

Ok, so their usability test says the ribbons help new users. Even if this is
true, why make grumpy old users relearn a new trick?

0
james

Not really, you can use third party tools, or just return to Office 2003

"james" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to turn off the ribbon and get back the same menus as
> office 2003?
>
> I'm tried of playing hide and seek. The ribbon feature is counter
> productive for me.
>
> This typifies microsoft software: features are added not necessarily to
> help users, but so that there are new features to brag about. Perhaps a
> new feature for the next office would be 2003 style menus.
>
> Ok, so their usability test says the ribbons help new users. Even if this
> is true, why make grumpy old users relearn a new trick?

0
DL