Office 2007 Basic....need reinstall after HDD reformat

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CB04DE.CEF8E520

Hi there,

I need to reinstall Office Basic 2007 as that came with the Dell laptop =
that I have.=20

The hard drive has been reformatted and I never had the CD for the =
Office Basic. Am I able to download this from somewhere?

Thanks,

Gordon
------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CB04DE.CEF8E520

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Hi there,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I need to reinstall Office Basic 2007 =
as that came=20
with the Dell laptop that I have. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>The hard drive has been reformatted and =
I never had=20
the CD for the Office Basic. Am I able to download this from=20
somewhere?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Gordon</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CB04DE.CEF8E520--

0
Gordon

No. If a full version was supplied with your Dell you need to check through
your Dell disks or call Dell, I suppose it also means you don't have the
Office Key either?

"Gordon J. Rattray" <gords@shaw.ca> wrote in message
Hi there,

I need to reinstall Office Basic 2007 as that came with the Dell laptop that
I have.

The hard drive has been reformatted and I never had the CD for the Office
Basic. Am I able to download this from somewhere?

Thanks,

Gordon

0
DL

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01CB0546.472BE620

Hi DL,

Yes, I've got the Office key as I used KeyFinder and recorded it before =
the reformat....

I just need a media (less) install to get it going...

Thanks,

Gordon
  "DL" <invalid@nowhere.com> wrote in message =
  No. If a full version was supplied with your Dell you need to check =
through=20
  your Dell disks or call Dell, I suppose it also means you don't have =
the=20
  Office Key either?

  "Gordon J. Rattray" <gords@shaw.ca> wrote in message=20
  Hi there,

  I need to reinstall Office Basic 2007 as that came with the Dell =
laptop that=20
  I have.

  The hard drive has been reformatted and I never had the CD for the =
Office=20
  Basic. Am I able to download this from somewhere?

  Thanks,

  Gordon=20

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01CB0546.472BE620

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Hi DL,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Yes, I've got the Office key as I used =
KeyFinder=20
and recorded it before the reformat....</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I just need a media (less) install to =
get it=20
going...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Gordon</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"DL" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:invalid@nowhere.com">invalid@nowhere.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:%23Te79bXBLHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl">news:%23Te79bXBLHA.=
3608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>No.=20
  If a full version was supplied with your Dell you need to check =
through=20
  <BR>your Dell disks or call Dell, I suppose it also means you don't =
have the=20
  <BR>Office Key either?<BR><BR>"Gordon J. Rattray" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:gords@shaw.ca">gords@shaw.ca</A>&gt; wrote in message =
<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"news:e4hhDmRBLHA.4584@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl">news:e4hhDmRBLHA.4584=
@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>Hi=20
  there,<BR><BR>I need to reinstall Office Basic 2007 as that came with =
the Dell=20
  laptop that <BR>I have.<BR><BR>The hard drive has been reformatted and =
I never=20
  had the CD for the Office <BR>Basic. Am I able to download this from=20
  somewhere?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Gordon =
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01CB0546.472BE620--

0
Gordon
6/6/2010 2:02:49 PM
You will have to call Dell, If your PC was supplied from Dell as 'Office
ready' with an MLK office installation you should have visited the MLK site
to download / burn your backup disks
http://www.microsoft.com/office/backup/en-us/default.mspx

[...]

6/6/2010 3:50:31 PM
Agreed on backup procedure....I inherited this cute little machine so gotta
accept it as it comes.

Appreciate the download MS Office site, haven't seen that before so will
give it a whirl.

[...]

6/6/2010 6:02:32 PM
Hi,

We run the macro to avoid copy & paste for the spreadsheet and also
install the password to avoid people to change this copy & paste macro,
we suceed but we send the same spreadsheet through the email to other
computer, however, it does not work (i.e. they can still do the copy &
paste).  Why, is that this function only apply to one computer only ?

--
MARIAWONG
MARIAWONG's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/229307.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
MARIAWONG

Need help for an Excel formula
I am creating a P+L and need a formula for this instance. I am reasonably profficient on this software but have never had to generate a spreadsheet like this. Could someone advise a formula for this instance: I have a units sold column which generates the rest of the P+L, but there are some variable fields. 40,000 units are ordered no matter what, and then any amount over this would require a reorder, but this can only be done in multiples of 2,500. so if I enter 51,000 in the units sold field, i need the order costs to calculate an order of 52,500 as it would not be possible to order...

Clip art in Excel 2007
Hello, I have two clip arts in my Excel 2007 one is check mark and the another is a "X" in a particular cell I would display the text "Balance", which I like to have the check mark clip art appear. If the same cell has the text "Not Balance" then I want to show the clip art with the "X" and the clip art with the check mark disappear. Is this possible? I would appreciate any tips. Thank you in advance. If you want check to appear when text in cell a1=balance and x when text reads no balance try this in B1 =IF(A1="balance...

NEED TO FIND FIRST " " FROM RIGHT
Help - I have a column in excel that contains names, such as: Joe Smith Joe E. Smith Joe Edward Smith, esq. etc I need to isolate the LAST WORD in the column, for example: Smith Smith esq. The only way I know how to do this is to search for the first " " - but I need to start the search from the RIGHT, not the LEFT. As far as I know, FIND function starts the search from the right... which isn't what I want. Can someone please tell me how to accomplish this task. THANK YOU =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("^^",SUBSTITUTE(A1," ","^^",LEN(A1) -...

Need HELP Outlook and Roadrunner
I'm new to Roadrunner. I can send with no problems but I can only receive in the Road Runner web mail, not Outlook. pop3 = pop-server.roadrunner.com smtp = smtp-server.roadrunner.com Thanks Mark Have you verified with RR that the POP server name is correct? They should have the correct settings on their website. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "MWB" wrote: > I'm new to Roadrunner. > > > I can send with no problems but I can only receive in the Road Runner web > mail, not Outlo...

excel 2007 schemas
PLEASE HELP :( i am trying to link a pdf file to excel thru a schema i think what i am missing to get the correct mapping is locking or labeling the column headings anyone out there who can help will earn major karma points thanks ...

Need info on scheduled meetings: time scheduled/who scheduled it
We have a situation where many people have access to the managers calendar and can scheule meetings. It would be very helpful to be able to identify not only who scheduled the original meeting (and the date/time) but also who modified meeting parameters after it was orignally scheuled. The current 'properties' tab only tells you the last time the file was modified, which is typically not very helpful. thanks "Joe Bruin" <Joe Bruin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:126EFECB-58AF-4253-A53F-C629E4A354F7@microsoft.com... > We have a s...

[2007/ToDo List] Add-in to create sub-tasks?
Hello ince Outlook is basically what everyone uses to sync a BlackBerry with Windows, I'm stuck with using it. However, I need to divide tasks into sub-tasks, and sometimes/often set some start and/or due date to an task. This is what the MS Outlook 2007 ToDo List UI looks like: http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/nexus/outlook2007/images/tasks.png This is what the ToDoList from AbstractSpoon looks like: http://www.shafqatahmed.com/WindowsLiveWriter/MainScreen2.png Do you know of an add-in so that Outlook support this poor-man alternative to MS Project? Thank you. "Gilles Ganault"...

How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007?
How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007? "maxwelton" <maxwelton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023F67EB-8140-44B3-903B-2E7611B4068F@microsoft.com... > How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007? Select them and press Delete? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Microsoft Office 2000 Publisher
On my old computer using Windows 98 I had Publisher and some .pub files. On my new computer using XP, I loaded the Office Suite, but I no longer see Publisher. I still have the other Office programs, but even Setup doesn't show Publisher anymore. I need Publisher to see and work with my .pub files, but can't. How do I get Publisher back? Which version and edition of Office did you try to install? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "GJ" <GJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Outlook 2007
We are implementing Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2010 across the company and we are noting that while we can open and save attachments directly from the email in either preview pane or full view (by right clicking and saying "Save As"), the Save Attachment button does not work in the Email Toolbar. Having put the Save Attachment button in my quick access toolbar, I note that it does not work either when I open the full Email. I am thinking this might be related to the Exchange/Outlook relationship. Our exchange server in on our LAN and I have my connection set to "Dow...

OWA 2007 limitations ?
Hi, i need some advise with regards to OWA 2007. 1. I cant seem to find a way to Display the heading for From, Subject, Received Size etc. for my Inbox. I could sort by Date, Conversation, From, To, Size, Subject etc. by clicking on "Arrange By" but however the heading seems not coming up. Is there a way to bring up/enable the heading or is this a limitation for OWA 2007 ? 2. I cant remove the arrange my inbox to "Show in Groups" ? I would prefer to remove the heading that reads "Today" , "Yesterday" etc. cause some of our users jus...

MS Office 12 Event ID: 5000
I am consistently seeing this error pertaining to MS Office 2007 on two Windows 2003 terminal servers. The error is as follows: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 12 Event Category: None Event ID: 5000 Date: 12/15/2009 Time: 4:35:52 PM User: N/A EventType office12asserttimer, P1 p1ml, P2 12.0.6425.0, P3 1, P4 0, P5 NIL, P6 NIL, P7 NIL, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NIL. I have Googled this problem, but can't find a workable solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Very strange, we've started to have the same issue, since yesterday 15 decemb...

Exchange 2007 problem replying or forwarding certain emails through OWA
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01CB0D66.C0DA2C20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This is a weird one, hoping for some guidance. I have a strictly OWA user reporting issues trying to forward/reply = certain emails that are in his Sent Items folder. I'm able to duplicate = the issue here from a completely different PC. The vast majority of = emails seem fine, but when replying/forwarding some of the emails OWA = triggers an error. All emails that I can find to trig...

Need Help Converting over to Outlook From Express
OK, I have been using OE for about 2-3 years now for my Email and Newsgroup reader. This past Christmas, I got a Pocket PC that came with Outlook 2002. I plan to use t to be able to keep track of my appointments and such but I would also like to use it as my new email reader. I also would like to use it for newsgroups, if that's possible. Is there a way that I can transfer all my settings, emails and newsgroup information over to Outlook or am I forced to just start from scratch? Thanks JTMcD OL has no Newsreader capability. In OL News is accessed via the OE newsreader as it is from...

Need a Formula based on multiple cirteria
I am building a spreadsheet that will continue to grow in size. Th basic outline of the spreadsheet is as follows: A // B // C // D // E // F // G // H // I // J // K // Sys Name // Project // Type of Bldg // Type of Work // Type of Price / W/L // LNFT // CST // HRS // $/LNFT // HRs/LNFT // Consept of the sheet is: Column A will be grouped (using the Group command) Column B is input for reference only, no lookup functions need apply Column C is a Drop Down menu consisting of approximately 10 differen types of Bldg. Column D is a Drop Down menu consisting of approximately 5 differen types ...

visio 2007 columns and relations disappeared
I reverse engineered a database and at some point the wile I was organizing the tables a few of the foreign got left behind. I spent long time organizing the tables and found this very frustrating. I could not find a way "reattach" the tables to each other. I removed the orphaned lines from the page thinking that when I updated the diagram from the database they would reappear. They did not. In fact columns had also been removed from tables. How do I get the tables to reflect the data in the database again? Refreshing the model does not work! ...

need similar solution to "cascading combos"...
I'm creating a search form w/ unbound combo boxes that create a filter on the subform. Can I use the filtered view of the subform as the starting point for my query? Like clone that recordset and reference it in code from the combo boxes? I'm a newbie in Access so don't know VB well enough mess around with recordsets in code yet. Dave I created a search form that is similar to what your are trying to do (I think). I also based mine on the Allen Browne example but instead of text boxes, I used several unbound combo boxes for Customer Name, Product Name, Location, etc. E...

Basic Network Monitor
Visio provides a wonderful environment for me as an IT Manager to inventory the infrastructure I am responsible for. My diagrams have grown over the years and include a whole lot of "dumb" items (notes on cable runs; mini-hubs: etc) as well as inteligent devices (Cisco routers & switches; servers; etc). Because of the effort I've put into this product it has become one of my primary management tools. What I'm after now is to take it to the next level and provide dynamic status of some (not all) of these elements. I need to indicate if a link is up by showing a...

How to create chart basic
How to create a scatter chart with spread sheet below. The x axis may be location and Y axis are lot name Lot value location A 3 1 A 4 2 A 5 3 B 6 1 B 4 2 B 2 3 C 5 1 C 6 2 C 8 3 D 4 1 D 9 2 D 5 3 Daniel, Highlight the whole chart of data. Select the Chart Wizard on the top of Excel screen. Select the scatter plot. Data should be "rows" not "columns". Select the "Series" tab. "Name:" ="A" "X Values:" =Sheet1!$B$2:$B$4 "Y Values:" =Sheet1!$C$2:$C$4 This assumes that your data is in column A thru C, Lot in A1, value in ...

How to remove IRM from Office 2007 Docs
Hello, I had to rebuild my box today. Prior to the rebuild I moved all files from all profiles onto a remote drive. My files & docs were protected on the existing build. Once the new build was completed, I am unable to access most docs. The doc title is in green text and the following message sp9ins up when I select one of the docs- "Word cannot open the document: user does not have access privileges (<drive>:\rebuild BU\file name) OS = Win XP SP3 Office = Office 2007 Thanks for any assistance~ Mark C. ...

Similar function needed to Excel VLOOKUP
Hi everyone, I hope someone may be able to help. I have a database with three tables. The main table is a portfolio of projects with budget, date and other general information. There are a couple of columns I need to update automatically by looking up information on the other two tables which hold budget and date information. The other two tables are linked to external excel sheets which allows the tables to auto update when excel is updated. How do I get the budget and date columns in the main table to lookup data from the other two tables and return the up to date figures ...

Need Help for Desirability Calculator (moving squares with numbers around)
Hi, I'm new to this forum and don't know much about excel. I want to make desirability calculator wich is related to a game. In the game ther are structures and each structure has a desirability affect on it environment. When a few structures are placed next to each other it' too tedious work to calculate their total affect. I hope the attachment will be clear enough to show what I want to do. There are around 30 structures but as an example I have shown th desirability affect of two of them; an oracle and a garden. When yo open the file you will see these two structures and thei...

Using Access 2007 runtime along with full install of Access 2K
Is it possible to successfully run Access 2007 runtime on a machine that has a full install of Access 2K? We seem to be having issues with the following registry key not updating when switching back to the older version of Access. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{4AFFC9A0-5F99-101B- AF4E-00AA003F0F07}\9.0\0\win32] @="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office\\msacc9.olb" Following running Access 2007 runtime the key changes to: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{4AFFC9A0-5F99-101B- AF4E-00AA003F0F07}\9.0\0\win32] @="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Of...

Importing Text file....need to manipulate text and spread across multiple columns.
I receive a number of different data files in varying formats. In orde to effectively review the information, however, I need to format it an sort it in a way that makes the data useful. Here is an example o what I have (this infromation has been scrubbed) : <Seam> First Name Neelakan Ready <Seam> Last Name Chin <Seam> Address 31 Bloomfield Lane,Apt #215 <Seam> City Auburn <Seam> State Michigan <Seam> Post Code 48336 <Seam> Country USA Here is what I want: USERID First Name Last Name Address City <Seam>...

Add one more EDGE in existing Exchange + EDGE 2007
I need to add new EDGE in my Exchange + EDGE 2007 enviroment (Edge in LAN, I know that isn't a good choice, now I'm changing). I need to deploy new antispam, so I want to Install new EDGE and test it before I will go live, (this will be in DMZ) . Some one could give me some macro information about this topic? or some links? ...