Microsoft Office Tools

I downloaded and am using Office Pro 2007 for about 2 weeks now and I just
noticed that, unless I missed something in the install, the Office Tools
Folder and apps. that we so handy in 2003 Pro are not included (I have the
trial version)
Did I miss something or are they really not there?

Thx
Jerry

They are there. Did you try putting the disk back in and doing a custom
install?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded and am using Office Pro 2007 for about 2 weeks now and I just
> noticed that, unless I missed something in the install, the Office Tools
> Folder and apps. that we so handy in 2003 Pro are not included (I have the
> trial version)
> Did I miss something or are they really not there?
>
> Thx
> Jerry

0
JoAnn
3/31/2010 5:48:02 PM
It is a download from the Internet. I had to do a custom install due to
Outlook 2003 being on my PC. I'll go back to the download and run it again to
see if I can find it. I'll let you know what I find.
Thanks
Jerry

Jerry wrote:

> It is a download from the Internet. I had to do a custom install due to
> Outlook 2003 being on my PC. I'll go back to the download and run it again to
> see if I can find it. I'll let you know what I find.
> Thanks
> Jerry

On my system I have both versions of Office -  Office 2003 {or
Office 11) and Office 2007 {or Office 12} and I don't see the
folders you are talking about in any of them.  Could you describe
what they are supposed to be so that I can tell you where in
Office 2007 you can find them.  When you did your custom install,
I am assuming you decided to continue using your OL 2003 for the
time being.

Did you retain old version of Office on the system?  If you
haven't, then you will have problems if you decide to remove the
trial version.  Also, using multi-version of Office on the same
system requires a slight adjustment to registry entry other wise
you will be fed up waiting for Word to reconfigure itself before
starting.

hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD55ZRA 2010.
0
LD55ZRA

Upgrading Office version from 10.1.4
I recently lost my hard drive in a natural disaster but had backed up an older version of Office 2004. However, when I look at the Msoft Component Plugin, it is version 10.1.4. The icon looks pixelated like an old school mac icon. I know why the earlier upgrades are no longer offered on the website, but I am looking for ideas/suggestions to upgrade my copy so it is more stable and secure. It is a registered copy so I have all my information intact, it's just... old. The Mactopia site is undergoing emergency resuscitation due to critical injury induced by radical surgery:-) so a lot of stu...

action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallAbpAction failed:exception from HRESULT: 0xFFFFFFFFF
Hi, I installed Windows 2003 SP1, SQL 2005, Exchange 2003 and CRM 3.0 on a Virtual PC, the client (offline-enabled) should be a Laptop with Office 2003 sp3 but alltime I try to install, the setup abord because he don't find the MAPISVC.INF file unter C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 ( !!! ), This File is unter COMMON FILE and not unter SYSTEM32 (!!), any idea ? Thanks ok, I found the Problem, never mix Language Version ! with Office English it 's work ! Thanks "MV" <MV@MV.MV> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%23rAeT1rIGHA.500@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, I installed Windows...

How to change the default value in "Filter On" field (Microsoft CRM 3.0)
Hi. When I open a contact in CRM, I can view the sales activities (Opportunities, Quotes, Orders, and Invoices) under "Sales" session. Is there any way I can change the default value under "Filter On" drop down menu? For example, when I click on Invoice, I want "Filter on:" drop down list select "Paid" instead of "Active" Thanks for your advice. You do the following: Settings -> Customizations -> Customize Entities Select the contact entity Then you will see a list of views and a form. One of those views is set ...

Can I install Office 97 on my new windows xp computer?
I had Microsoft Office 97 on my old computer operating on Windows 95. My new computer has Microsoft Works and uses Windows XP. It will not read my Office 97 Excel files from my old computer. I have the Office 97 cd. Can i install this on my new computer with Windows XP? Yes. In article <569D8416-360C-4DBB-82A6-D1090EB53395@microsoft.com>, "whitedog" <whitedog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I had Microsoft Office 97 on my old computer operating on Windows 95. My new > computer has Microsoft Works and uses Windows XP. It will not read my Office > 97 E...

Opening files in Office 2003
I am having a small problem with Office 2003 Pro that I don't experience with any other program on my machine. Here is a screen capture: http://s657.photobucket.com/albums/uu294/tonyvella_2009/?action=view&current=office.jpg Normally when I click my mouse wheel all programs accept it as a double-click. Office 2003 does not: I have to double-click either with the left button or with the wheel. Another thing I have noticed is that when I select a file to open (jensen article.doc), the file's name normally appears in the "file name" space next to the 'open&qu...

i seem to have more than one microsoft office on my computer
i am not very savy when it comes to computers so i cant quite tell but i seem to have more than one version of office on my computer I appear to have the plain office 2007 and the homke and student 2007or I could just be inept and they are the same thing but it seems odd to me how they are set up let me know if you can help me What makes you think you have two versions? Did you perhaps buy a PC with a preinstalled Office Trial and then install a version from cd? "hlafaye" <hlafaye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B36138AC-2C65-4BC5-AB4E-0670B33...

Office Update 12.0.1 Install Problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel After successfully re-installing Office, I tried to install the 12.0.1 update and get the message "version required to install this update not found on this volume." Thanks for any help out there. On 3/25/08 7:09 30AM, in article ee95fb7.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Dan_Anderson@officeformac.com" <Dan_Anderson@officeformac.com> wrote: > After successfully re-installing Office, I tried to install the 12.0.1 update > and get the message "version required to install this update not found...

MS POS 2.0 and Office Account 2007
Has the integration been improved between these two applications since the SBA 2006 and POS 1.x were released? When I looked at it back it didnt do transactions, just batches. I am looking for full integration between the two products. Point of Sale 2.0 ships with Office Accounting 2007 for free. There is a very tight integration where detailed sales, item, customer, vendor, and item receipt information is shared automatically. This site has more info: http://pos.microsoft.com "DomitianX" <DomitianX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6E30AA5-8D21-431...

Outlook freezes when "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" is used
Hello list- I experience strange problem with one of my users. It's only happening with his computer, others (~40) are not affected. Windows XP Professional SP2 (with all latest hot fixes), Microsoft Office 2003 Pro SP3 (including all updates) - all English. He is connecting to Exchange using native "cached Exchange mode". The problem is that Outlook freezes when "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" is selected, no matter whether it is new message, reply, or forward. Even if I terminate Outlook (through Task Manager) I can still see WINWORD.EXE running, ...

IS THIS THE LAST YEAR FOR MICROSOFT MONEY?
I have been an active user of Money since 1995. I've updated each year and maintain ALL my financial data,planning, investments, etc. on the program. It seems apparent to me that Money Plus, the 2008 version of the program is NOT being pushed in the retail stores this year. The only access I've seen or read about it in my area is to get the product via download. Now, with the tax programs being advertised, it seems like only Quicken is being bundled. I think the handwriting is on the wall and that Microsoft is slowing going to phase out the Money product. For the regular contributors ...

Try this patch from the Microsoft Corporation
--ytkekqbrgx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zzpvydzyimhlxhydp"; type="multipart/alternative" --zzpvydzyimhlxhydp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="pcjndqno" --pcjndqno Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect y...

Hey Microsoft
I keep looking for my 1.2 update. Would one of you microsoft guys please contact me via email, and give me a telephone number to call? thanks Raymond Medon ------=_NextPart_0001_0D4A4860 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Ray, I will email you directly shortly. Thank you, Jeff, Microsoft Business Solutions Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ------=_NextPart_0001_0D4A4860 Content-Type: text/x-rtf Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0...

SBS 2003 and a Branch office
Hi, Customer with SBS at central site has got a new office location. I plan to put in a VPN tunnel between the two sites and add another server 2003/8 box at the remote location making it a member server - DC ?. There is a single share at the SBS site that needs to be at the remote location so was planning to use DFS for this. Is this a viable option, are there any gotchas ? Thanks Simon SBS 2003 (windows 2003 in general) does not support DFS-R, which is what you'd usually use to implement this type of topology. I'd look at making those files available another way. ...

Out of office #26
Using Outlook 2000 sp1 . user out of office is not working.... the user set it up, but when users send him an email the do not receive out of office message....whats wrong? Are the users internal or external? If external, this is by design. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. While thinking hard, Blu <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> queried: | Using Outlook 2000 sp1 . user out of office is not | working.... the user set it up, but when users send him an | email the do not receive out of office message....whats | wro...

Microsoft Exchange-Microsoft Outlook trouble shooting.
I cannot get acces or open up my Outlook... everytime I try it tells me that Microsoft Exchange connection is unavailable and that Outlook must be online or connected to be completed...what does it mean?? I'm always connected to the internet too... Help me please! Are you working in Offline mode? File > Work Online/Offline. "Emilie Ku" <Emilie Ku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9B8E2BF-4838-4C86-A953-66435E95FCEF@microsoft.com... > I cannot get acces or open up my Outlook... everytime I try it tells me that > Microsoft Exchange con...

Office Genuine Advantage Notifier update failed
XP Pro SP2 - KB949810 update failed, multiple times. Went to the MS suggested fix page and noted they wanted me to go in and fool around with the registry. Well, I don't do 'registry'. So, can I just block this update from being listed and go about my updates and other business with no future problems, OR, is this thing going to jump up and bite me in the rear at some point in time? If it's going to cause a future problem, is there a simpler fix than the convoluted registry tweaks suggested by MS? Why isn't SP3 installed yet? See http://www.mydigitallife...

Microsoft Error Reporting #2
I am having issues with Office 2004:Mac . When I attempt to open any of the apps (Word, Excel etc), the program starts and then almost immediately notifies that "Microsoft has encountered a problem and needs to close". Any ideas? Thanks! As Info: Problem solved The issue was related to my third party fonts added to my library. I removed these from the font folder and rebooted. Problem solved. Apparantly Tiger has features that help manage this kind of problem as well...guess I should go ahead and get it. wcdrilling@hotmail.com wrote: > I am having issues with Office 2004:Ma...

Office 2004, G5, Tiger & Update 11.2.0
OK...This is my experience with the 11.2.0 Update: I d/l'ed and installed the upgrade. When I loaded my spreadsheet in Excel it wouldn't run my macros because it said it couldn't load Visual Basic for Applications. I used Spotlight to find the file on my disk and it found it in Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Office folder. I opened it up and could not find the file. So I called MS Support. The "Support" person had me run the Remove Office application that was in their Application/Microsoft Office 2004/Additional Tools/Remove Office folder. That trashed the Mi...

Font problems in Office 2004 Mac OSX 10.3.9
Hello. I have a problem with my font menus in both Word and Excel 2004, MacOSX 10.3.9. When I try to select or change a font the list displayed is a mess. The font names display layered over each other and thus it is unreadable. I use Fontbook to turn fonts on and off. I can turn off all the fonts in Fontbook, restart, but still have the problem. Any suggestions? Many thanks, Kipple On 3/30/07 11:45 AM, in article 1175280308.491352.90250@r56g2000hsd.googlegroups.com, "PD4501@aol.com" <PD4501@aol.com> wrote: > Hello. I have a problem with my font menus in both Word and Exc...

change days on calendar,office publisher 2003
I am using MS Office Publisher 2003, to make my own calendars. In both the Yearly and Monthly views, the days are Mon--Sun. In both the Year and Month views, How do you ghange the days to SUN---SAT? This is a regional thing, look in the control panel, open the Regional & Language Options folder, be certain you have English (United States) selected. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "James." <James.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

move Office 2003 from old laptop to new laptop
I want to deinstall Office from an old laptop I have so I can install it on a new laptop. I have the Office 2003 installation CD but can't locate the product key. How can I determine what the product key is so I can install the software on my new laptop? Thanks. Use this to retrieve it from the old laptop http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/ Rob DeBruin wrote: > I want to deinstall Office from an old laptop I have so I can install it on a > new laptop. I have the Office 2003 installation CD but can't locate the > product key. How can I determine w...

Unable to connect to the microsoft exchange server
Hey Guys, i'm using Microsoft outlook 2003, when i try to connect it to my exchange server i get error message " The connection to the microsoft exchange server is unavailable. outlook must be online or connectedd to complete this action" it was working fine till last week, i formated my laptop & configured outlook with the same old settings. but still m gettin this pop up when ever i try to login. Can u guys help me out this... ...

Money file repair tool keeps crashing
Every month my checking account doesn't balance. When I attempt to balance it, I get an error that the starting balance is incorrect. I go back over several years worth of bank entries, rebalancing every month. I find that Money has dropped a transaction from several years ago. This has happened the last 3-4 months now with the missing trasactions appearing random. This time, I tried to run the file repair tool (standard level) and it keeps crashing at towards the end of it. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Taylor wrote: >Every month my checking account doesn...

E-mail delivery to Personal Folder and/or Microsoft Exchange Server
I have multiple POP3 accounts setup with Microsoft Exchange Server account on the same profile. Currently, I have my e-mail delivery set to "Personal Folders" location. I want to have my Microsoft Exchange server account delivered to my MS Exchange server mailbox as opposed to "Personal Folders." However, I want my POP3 e- mail accounts delivered to my "Personal Folders." Is this possible? If so, how do I go about doing it without creating a different MS Outlook profile? Thanks, Anna Hi Anna, I do not think what you are attempting is doable without ...

Office 2007 Group
Is there an Office 2007 Group? is any one using office 2007?? I love it! Howard Huntley <hhuntle...@comcast.net> wrote... >Is there an Office 2007 Group? is any one using office 2007?? I love >it! Why would there need to be? The current set of groups seem to have dealt adequately will all versions from at least Excel 5/95 through Excel 2003. For a newsreader microsft.public.office.misc For web based http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.office.misc&lang=en&cr=US And there are plenty of us here who have 2007, for some time ...