I had Office Student loaded on my computer and wanted to try Outlook so
downloaded a trial of Office Pro.  Prior to trial ending I purchased Outlook
with Business contact manager and installed.  Installation shown as complete.
 Once trial expired yesterday functionality of outlook decreased and a search
for Outlook with Bus Contact Mgr returned no results.

Would you advise how I might verify installation of purchased product and or
how I can get functionality?   Thanks!
--
SU

> I had Office Student loaded on my computer and wanted to try Outlook so
> downloaded a trial of Office Pro.  Prior to trial ending I purchased
> Outlook
> with Business contact manager and installed.  Installation shown as
> complete.
> Once trial expired yesterday functionality of outlook decreased and a
> search
> for Outlook with Bus Contact Mgr returned no results.
>
> Would you advise how I might verify installation of purchased product and
> or
> how I can get functionality?   Thanks!
> --
> SU
..
First I would backup the Outlook.pst file and export contacts to a safe
place.  Make sure you have the media and license keys for Office Home &
Student and Outlook.  Go to Add/Remove Programs (or Programs & Features in
Vista/7) and uninstall all Office products.  Finally I would reinstall your
Office Home & Student and Outlook.

0
Victek
6/1/2010 2:44:58 PM
Susan

You will need to uninstall your Trial version along with the Activation Assistant
and also everything to do with Office including the licensed Outlook. The reboot and
then re-install your purchased retail version of Outlook.
The above is the only way you will get things to work

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had Office Student loaded on my computer and wanted to try Outlook so
> downloaded a trial of Office Pro.  Prior to trial ending I purchased Outlook
> with Business contact manager and installed.  Installation shown as complete.
> Once trial expired yesterday functionality of outlook decreased and a search
> for Outlook with Bus Contact Mgr returned no results.
>
> Would you advise how I might verify installation of purchased product and or
> how I can get functionality?   Thanks!
> --
> SU

0
Peter
6/1/2010 11:35:02 PM
And of course there's no point in exporting anything, simple copy the data
file, with outlook closed

"Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had Office Student loaded on my computer and wanted to try Outlook so
> downloaded a trial of Office Pro.  Prior to trial ending I purchased
> Outlook
> with Business contact manager and installed.  Installation shown as
> complete.
> Once trial expired yesterday functionality of outlook decreased and a
> search
> for Outlook with Bus Contact Mgr returned no results.
>
> Would you advise how I might verify installation of purchased product and
> or
> how I can get functionality?   Thanks!
> --
> SU

0
DL

Outlook conflicting with Windows Mail
I have Vista Business. I get e-mails from Yahoo groups. When I left click Reply to sender or Reply to group I get Outlook opening up to handle it, even though the e-mail is received via Windows Mail. I want that stopped. I use Windows Mail to handle everything, Outlook is just for handling Business contact info until I'm sure I want it permanent. The problem started when I downloaded the trial version of Outlook and it just started doing that BS on its own. How do I get it back to having Windows Mail handle that? Thank you, Mike Tried setting your mail handler in Internet Options...

Outlook Lead Import Fails
When I attempt to import leads using outlook I get a blank window. This is after I click import from the CRM menu. Fyi, import works in the Web CRM interface. Any suggestions. ...

Outlook hanging -> Public Folders
Hey guys I've got an issue with a single user on XP & outlook 2000. We have a single public folder that everyone has access to and this particular user when clicking on the folder, outlook just hangs. I have deleted the profile and re-created, re-installed outlook and upgraded to outlook 2003 but with all the same issue. It was fine until last week (I haven't made any changes either) Has anyone else experienced this? I would check the permissions on the public folder, using either ESM or PFDAVadmin. Perhaps refresh them, or you may be able to identify the problem. Nikki Pete...

Outlook 2003
Here's the problem: Every tiem I open Outlook it displays an error message that my Exchange server is unavailable. What I know: I know the Exchange server is up & running without any problems. The desktop computer is on the network and can browse and ping different devices. DNS is resolving names properly. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? ...

Outlook 2003 not receiving mail
I have a Laptop with Outlook 2003 setup with offline files. This computer will sit few only a few minutes and then will no longer send and receive. It forces you to hit the send receive button to get your mail. I have it set to automatically send receive every 4 mins, but this is not happening. Any help would be great. Thanks ...

Microsoft Office 2000 Publisher
On my old computer using Windows 98 I had Publisher and some .pub files. On my new computer using XP, I loaded the Office Suite, but I no longer see Publisher. I still have the other Office programs, but even Setup doesn't show Publisher anymore. I need Publisher to see and work with my .pub files, but can't. How do I get Publisher back? Which version and edition of Office did you try to install? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "GJ" <GJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Connection to server in outlook
How do I fix the error in outlook 2003 that says "A connection to the server could not be established". Thanks Check your server settings and use the Test Account Settings option. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sovitj5 asked: | How do I fix the error in outlook 2003 that says "A connection to the | server could not be established". | | Thanks I got th...

Outlook Express Shuts Down Netzero
Just recently this started happening. I have dial up with Netzero and I can use IE 6 without any issues. I can use Netscape without any issues. But when I open up my Outlook Express, it shuts down my netzero and connection instantly, or sometimes it will wait until all new e-mails download and then it will shut it all down. Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Thank you. Its a very simple problem. The option under tools >option s>connections > says hang up after send and r3eceiving email - Please uncheck that and i hope the Outlook express will not shut down after teh ...

Outlook Address Book
We recently acquired another company and went through a fairly messy migration. All clients of the newly acquired company are now connecting to our Exchange server and email flow is fine (Outlook profiles point to our server, etc). Their old Exchange server is still up and spinning. When it is shutdown some of the new clients have problems opening Outlook. I was able to trace it down to the Outlook Address Book still pointing to their old server. It's like OL will attempt to locate the address book on their old server for several minutes before giving up. Outlook will then ope...

Outlook command line options
We are writing an application and want to use the outlook calendar to provide scheduling support. How can we open outlook and have it start in calendar mode? Or, can we call the calendar applet directly without going through outlook? If so, how? TIA, Mike McBride Open Outlook and on the Other tab from Tools->Options, select Advanced and set Outlook to open in the calendar folder from the dropdown. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out readin...

Outgoing pictures from Outlook 2003.
I have problems with sending emails with pictures included in the mail. I can see everyting perfectly fine in my Outlook but since my friends says to me that I newer included any pictures within the mail I found out about the problem. I tested to send emails to myself and open it in Windows Mail and it was like my friends say. No pictures was sent. I tried gif files, jpg. Please help! :-) -- Y Make sure you are not composing your message in Rich Text Format. You can change your default to HTML via; Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Ou...

Outlook 2007
We are implementing Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2010 across the company and we are noting that while we can open and save attachments directly from the email in either preview pane or full view (by right clicking and saying "Save As"), the Save Attachment button does not work in the Email Toolbar. Having put the Save Attachment button in my quick access toolbar, I note that it does not work either when I open the full Email. I am thinking this might be related to the Exchange/Outlook relationship. Our exchange server in on our LAN and I have my connection set to "Dow...

How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007?
How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007? "maxwelton" <maxwelton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023F67EB-8140-44B3-903B-2E7611B4068F@microsoft.com... > How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007? Select them and press Delete? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

MS Office 12 Event ID: 5000
I am consistently seeing this error pertaining to MS Office 2007 on two Windows 2003 terminal servers. The error is as follows: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 12 Event Category: None Event ID: 5000 Date: 12/15/2009 Time: 4:35:52 PM User: N/A EventType office12asserttimer, P1 p1ml, P2 12.0.6425.0, P3 1, P4 0, P5 NIL, P6 NIL, P7 NIL, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NIL. I have Googled this problem, but can't find a workable solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Very strange, we've started to have the same issue, since yesterday 15 decemb...

Printing from Outlook 2000
My office clients run are on NT 4.0 SP 5. What used to be an occasional problem over the last couple of years of losing a printer connection is now happening with much greater frequency. This happen to local printing as well as from the network. All our printers are HP models. User send e-mails to print and can get the following behaviour, . A) The item doesn't print B) The default printer is grayed out and cannot be changed C) Always fails using the icon, sometimes using the File menu is a workaround, but not consistent. The only solution so far is to logout of Outlook and ba...

Outlook 2003 very slow #2
Several people in my office including myself have upgraded to Office 2003 over the last several weeks. Many of us have begun experiencing performance problems. For example, I will click on another message in order to view it in the task pane, and then Outlook will sit there for ages before it gets displayed. The larger the message (including attachments), the worse the problem. However, even a message that is small with only a 100KB attachment seems to take 20-30 seconds to respond... this was never the case before. Also deleting a message takes ages. I checked the Exchange 2000 SP3 server th...

Outlook #181
I am having a problem with Outlook 2000 when I use OWA. The OWA shows my contacts when I click on contacts -- I can even email to a contact listed in my contacts. However, when I am in the inbox and wanted to forward or originate an email, it gives me access to a global contacts but not my Contacts -- even though it has a checkbox under Options to change the order of folders. Any suggestions? Thanks, in advance. TEN TEN <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am having a problem with Outlook 2000 when I use OWA. > The OWA shows my contacts when I click on cont...

CRM Outlook Client Installation
I try to Install the CRM Outlook Client. After the installation, the CD Installation show next message: Action Error Microsoft.CRm.Setup.Client.InstallAbpAction. Exception the Result: 0xFFFFFFFF I have the same problem. Can anyone help please. "Daniel" wrote: > I try to Install the CRM Outlook Client. After the installation, the CD > Installation show next message: > > Action Error Microsoft.CRm.Setup.Client.InstallAbpAction. > Exception the Result: 0xFFFFFFFF ...

Web Browser Control on MFC View will crash application when view is destroied after loading XML file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C61216.9AE57FB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dynamically create an web browser control and put it on a view in a MDI = application. Navigate the control to a XML file on the local machine, = with style sheets in the same directory. Then, after closing the view, = the application will crash in about 2 minutes. And it consistantly = throws an exception at this line in wincore.cpp // call original wndproc for default handling if (bCallDefault) lRes...

why is outlook closing when I try to maximise window?
Just started using Microsoft outlook 2000 for emails. Was using web based programmes before. Outlook express wouldn't recognise internet connection, so went to MS Outlook. After a lot of adjustments, finally got it to send and recieve however when it opens, it is in a minimized window. Every time I click the maximize button or try to expand the borders by clicking and dragging, it closes and gives me a message that outlook needs to close. Why is it doing that and how can I get it to open in a maximized window. ...

Maximum users in Outlook Distribution List?
Hi, We're running Exchange Server 2003 with Outlook 2003 client. One user only has about 100 contacts in a distribution list he created in his contacts in Outlook locally, and now when he tries to add more users he gets the following message: "The distribution list has reached the maximum size for your network e-mail server. The new member could not be added." I have not set any distribution list limits anywhere that I'm aware of. Did I miss something? Is there an inherent limit to the number of users you can put in a local DL in Outlook 2003? I couldn't find any ...

Can't remove items from Outlook Favorites list...
Hi there, I am posting this message as a last resort after much searching for a solution to this. I am hoping someone will have an answer to this odd problem In Outlook 2003 there is a FAVORITES panel. This panel (for some odd reason) can not be hidden. I do actually use it so that's okay. But the challenge I have is that it will not let me remove items from this panel. The other day it started showing the inbox of each of my http email accounts in the favs panel and I don't want these there. There are also a few other folders that I added there which I wish to remove. BUT the remove o...

Load JPG from Web
Hi, i can put a hyperlink in a cell, clicking on this will open the jpg via Internetbrowser i also can add a picture directly into the exceltable, but then the excelfile gets large Now my question: Is it possible to put a link into a cell, so when viewing the sheet excel loads the picture from a webserver into the cell ? the size of the excelfile would be smal and the jpg-files are up-to-date as on the webserver ? regards Ecki ...

Outlook 2010 Beta access to internet
I just downloaded and installed Office 2010 Beta. Everything appears to work normally except that Outlook can't access the internet unless I turn off my firewall. I am using Windows live One Care. Can anyone explain and help? -- Thanks for your help Recreate the exception for Outlook to pass through your firewall. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "LesHurley&q...

slow outlook after changed adress of exchange server
after we have migrated accounts from one to another mailserver the outlook2000 clients (after changing te settings) are very slow and sometimes they even hang. I supose there are some cached settings....but can's find them. Who can helpme out. P.S. deleting the profile and making a new one works, but there must be another way.... ...