Invalid Product Key for Office 2007

Hello,
I bought myself a new HP laptop for personal use. Before buying it I muled
for a while if I should be conservative and stick with Windows XP or be
daring and go for Windows 7. In the end I darec and went for Windows 7
Professional (Windows Home does not do it for me), which was a big decission
because I had some horrendous experiences with Vista.
So far I am quite happy with the laptop and Windows 7. Unfortunately my
experience was dented this morning. The laptop comes with a 60 day evaluation
copy of Office 2007 Professional. This is not a problem because I knew I had
to buy a license which I did this morning.
Because I wanted the media and I (or my wife) owns a copy of Office Standard
Edition 2003. I bought an upgrade, which saved me more than £200. I tried
converting the trial version by entering the key on the CD. Office does not
take it and says the key is invalid. It is not invalid, I have typed
correctly (have even asked somebody to check for me).
What do I need to do to convert my copy of Office Professional 2007 to a
fully licensed version? By the way I am hoping the answer is not buying an
MLK license (whatever that is), or resintalling Office or the whole laptop.
Thanks for your help.

You have to uninstall the Trial together with Activation assistant then
reboot prior to installing from your purchased media
And Yes the key is invalid as its applicable to the version you purchased &
not the trial

"mvega" <mvega@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I bought myself a new HP laptop for personal use. Before buying it I muled
> for a while if I should be conservative and stick with Windows XP or be
> daring and go for Windows 7. In the end I darec and went for Windows 7
> Professional (Windows Home does not do it for me), which was a big
> decission
> because I had some horrendous experiences with Vista.
> So far I am quite happy with the laptop and Windows 7. Unfortunately my
> experience was dented this morning. The laptop comes with a 60 day
> evaluation
> copy of Office 2007 Professional. This is not a problem because I knew I
> had
> to buy a license which I did this morning.
> Because I wanted the media and I (or my wife) owns a copy of Office
> Standard
> Edition 2003. I bought an upgrade, which saved me more than �200. I tried
> converting the trial version by entering the key on the CD. Office does
> not
> take it and says the key is invalid. It is not invalid, I have typed
> correctly (have even asked somebody to check for me).
> What do I need to do to convert my copy of Office Professional 2007 to a
> fully licensed version? By the way I am hoping the answer is not buying an
> MLK license (whatever that is), or resintalling Office or the whole
> laptop.
> Thanks for your help.

0
DL

Money 2007 Business Section
A couple things I found in the Money 2007 business section that cause definite problems. 1. When invoicing, there's no way to include the date that the time took place on the invoice. So there is no way to show your client what date the service you're billing them for took place. There is no report in the system that displays the time data with the date, so it can't be exported or reported on either. This seems like an obvious flaw, but evidently it's OK since it was the same in 2006. That makes it correct, so it won't be fixed (per MS). 2. When invoicing tim...

Why won't instant search in Outlook 2007 install?
Even though I have installed the add-in, I still get the dialog prompting me to install the instant search add-in. How do I activate this feature? ...

office trial
wizard will not activate, keep getting message to set date and time correctly, these are set correctly in my time zone, tried to syncronise clock to different internet server but keep getting error message. Office trial was preinstalled on computer and I went through microsoft with key they emailed to me. This is getting very tiresome as I am a new user "tottenham hotspur" wrote: > wizard will not activate, keep getting message to set date and time > correctly, these are set correctly in my time zone, tried to syncronise clock > to different internet se...

"Configuring Microsoft Office Basic 2007" every time I start
I added memory to my PC and Office 2003 started to misbehave (and it could not find a CAB file that was on the CD) so I removed it and upgraded to Office 2007. Now every time I start my PC it spends time configuring itself. I might add iTunes is the same. It means starting the PC is an even more laborious process than usual. Oh, and I have some annoying update to XML something or other that does not install either, and does not go away. It is ironic that the extra memory was to improve perforamnce. Every step forwards involves two steps back. Apart from swapping to App...

Can I delete parts of Office?
I recently loaded Office 2004 on my iBook but want to conserve hard drive space for an app i just picked up, and was thinking about deleting all the MS apps except for Word and Excel. Can I do this without messing up Word and Excel to the point that I need to reinstall? I would just try it, but I'm away from home and don't have access to my Office install CD. Any help that could be provided would be great. Thanks <beau.keyes@gmail.com> wrote: > I recently loaded Office 2004 on my iBook but want to conserve hard > drive space for an app i just picked up, and was thinki...

Quicken 2007 again
Does the new version of MS Money convert from Quicken 2007? Correctly? Quicken is moving to 2009 so, based on previous posts, I would assume MS would actually be in the process of getting the Quicken 2008 conversion going. I don't see any new info, however, on the 2007 conversion actually working. I tried a trial once several months ago so that is not an option now. They've tended in the past to release a converter for the version of Quicken released in the year PRIOR to the version of Money released. (E.g., M06 imported Q05...) They aren't releasing a new version of Money ...

Can't open file: "The .VBP file for this project contains an invalid or corrupt library references ID"
I'm running Microsoft Excel v.X on a Mac with Panther (OS X). An Excel file which I used a lot now cannot be opened - it says "The .VBP file for this project contains an invalid or corrupt library references ID". I have no idea what this is - it's a single file with just 2 sheets in it, and is fairly simple - no links to outside objects, no graphics, etc. Just a single file. What can I do to get it opened?? Microsoft Word can read it, but I'd like to keep working on it in Excel... Thanks in advance! Mike Levin ...

Out of Office Question
We're new to O at our office. On occasion, I get OOO replies when I email people. I ask how they set it up and everyone tells me Tools, then Out of Office. My choices under Tools do not include OOO but they do include Rules Wizard. I feel sure somewhere in there is a way to set up OOO replies but I haven't hit upon the exact procedure. Help is no help at all. I have the disc, I run W2000 Professional. Can someone give me the drill to set up an OOO reply so I can turn it on before I go on vacation next week? Thanks in advance to all who help or try. Steve Ignots Steve, You need to be u...

shift and down keys in macro
Hi, I want to mark four cells. How can I write shift+down+down+down in a macro. (Then I say copy paste etc). Thanks Cousin Excel Activecell.Resize(4).Select Activecell.Resize(4).Copy OR starting from cell A1 copy 4 cells to the same sheet cell J1 Range("A1").Resize(4).Copy Range("J1") -- Jacob "CousinExcel" wrote: > Hi, > I want to mark four cells. > How can I write shift+down+down+down in a macro. > (Then I say copy paste etc). > Thanks > Cousin Excel Hi and thank you Jacob Skaria. This was something new for me...

Printing Publisher 2007 Docs on HP OfficeJet Pro L7680
I am unable to print more than 9 pages at a time when printing from Microsoft Publisher 2007 and using Vista operating system. Other microsoft programs such as Excel & Word work fine. After talking with HP Help, we've concluded the problem is with Publisher 2007. I have also tried printing to other HP printer models and experience the same problem. How do I fix this? I have two HP printers, neither one has your problem. Have you checked your printer preferences, is one copy enabled? Have you installed the newest driver. This one has a June 2007 timestamp, may be newer than y...

2007: how is the performance?
Is it faster? Does the process close down properly every time? thanks! adam In microsoft.public.money, msnews.microsoft.com wrote: >Is it faster? For most things, I am not sure. However my files were not slow. > Does the process close down properly every time? That speeded up for me. msmoney.exe shows as closed much quicker in Task Manager, vs 5 seconds or so in 2006. Now how it will do for somebody who had a really long closing cycle, I don't know. > >thanks! > >adam > I may get to that after dinner. Just got home. So many twelve hour days, so little ...

outlook 2007 meeting requests
When sending a meeting the owner of the calendar does not get the option to respond to the meeting. The response request is checked in the options. Anyone else having this problem. Also, on another secretary computer the request is always sent twice to the calendar owner. If they delete the 2nd response the appointment or meeting is deleted from their calendar. ...

Invalid page fault #4
When I start up Outlook a message displays this program has performed an Illegal Operation. Further explanation describes " Outlook caused an invalid page fault in clthood.dll @0197:61c05319". Just started doing this. When I try to reinstall Outlook, I get a message Unable to run setup. Any suggestions? Hi, Are you sure that the name of the file is correct ? Is it clthood.dll ??? Please verify .. Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4cf201c3ffcf$168c6a40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Size of single bracket in Equation (Word 2007)
Hi group, I'd like to change the size of a single bracket in an equation - how can I achieve this? For example, in Latex I could do something like this: F\biggr|_{a} , where biggrl gives me a large sized "|" ... Cheers -Ralf as a work-around I came up with a trick: I used a single Matrix column with 3 rows - inserted the single "|" on the right-hand side - I put the actual equation in the centre of the matrix field and the other matrix fields I left empty ... the result looks pleasing Cheers -Ralf On Feb 1, 1:15=A0pm, "ralf.schaa" ...

Is it possible to add my own header to an email in Office Outlook or Outlook Express?
Hi all, I mean something like followings: X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: someone@somewhere.com or X-MyHeader: 123456 I'm able to do this via C# SmtpClient programmatically, but I want to this by an email application. Thanks in Advance Afshar Mohebbi > I mean something like followings: > X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: someone@somewhere.com > or > X-MyHeader: 123456 > I'm able to do this via C# SmtpClient programmatically, but I want to > this by an email application. For Outlook, you'd need to do it via code. I'd start at http://www.outlookcode.com. For OE, you'll wan...

How do you open PDF files with Word 2007?
How do you open a PDF file in Word 2007? anybody? I tried to download the PDF add on app but that is not working either. I have on line classes I cant complete until I figure out how to do this. You can't open pdf's in Word -- that's the point of pdf files. On Feb 10, 3:06=A0pm, terrycwilson <terrycwil...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you open a PDF file in Word 2007? anybody? I tried to download the= PDF > add on app but that is not working either. I have on line classes I cant > complete until I figure out how to do this. You can'...

spell check in office basic or office Pro?
which ms office program do I need to purchase to get spell check in ms word? office basic or office professional? Thanks so much. Not sure why this put me in the excel user group..sorry barb Barb All of the office suite have Spellcheck. Take your pick, MS Works, Office Standard, Office Student, Office Pro. HTH Michael "barb" wrote: > which ms office program do I need to purchase to get spell check in ms word? > office basic or office professional? Thanks so much. Not sure why this put > me in the excel user group..sorry > barb ...

Can't send an attachment in Excel 2007
Hi, I've had several versions of Excel but I am new to Excel 2007. I've had no problem sending a worksheet as an "attachment" until 2007. I did figure out that instead of File, you now have to press the pretty button and that it takes you to Send. Then you have two choices: Internet Fax and "Send a copy of the document to other people." But every time I click, "Send a copy of the document to other people," nothing happens. Does anyone know if this is truly an option or just a header for your only choice of sending a document by fax? I also th...

Using Regular expressions in Excell 2007
I have code written in excell 2003 where I use Regular Expressions 'heavily'. In Excell 2003 you had to import the RegExp library to be able to use it. Is Regular Expressions part of VBA in Excell 2007? or do you still need to import the RegExp library? Same as in Excel 2003, the library is part of IE not Excel or VBA. -- HTH Bob "ncunha" <ncunha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EF31D63-6C38-451B-9CEF-2E091DA7B2E7@microsoft.com... >I have code written in excell 2003 where I use Regular Expressions > 'heavily'...

Reactivating Office on a new computer.
I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy of Office, please? -- Steve Contact the vendor from where you purchased it. "stemac" <stemac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:795E14D0-A5F1-4CA4-B2B4-A102986CBADD@microsoft.com... :I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed : beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy : of Office, please? : -- : Steve The vendor was...

Accessing all questions I have asked in the Office forums
Is there a way I can call up all questions and answers I have ever asked via my login to Microsoft Discussion groups? I sure appreciate your help, John In news:FB996750-8ACF-4806-BDF8-7E66057A0DBB@microsoft.com, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Is there a way I can call up all questions and answers I > have ever asked via my login to Microsoft Discussion groups? > > I sure appreciate your help, John Use Google; look up your own name; finesse from there if you get too many hits. HTH, Twayne` ...

Not able to connect to outgoing SMTP server using POP account in Outlook 2007
Good Day, We have a user that is using Outlook 2007 and I am able to get incoming mail but when I try to send email I get the following error. "Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server" I went into configure and clicked on more settings and checked the following Outgoing Server Clicked My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Clicked on Log into incoming mail server before sending mail I have also tried the other options on this list with No luck. Does anybody have any other suggestions that I can try. Thank You Ad...

Access 2007-Table not displaying the values from a combo box
I have built a database to schedule senior/disabled transportation appointments. I have created two tables and associated forms for data entry. I placed a combo box in the Schedule form so end users choose a client and fields complete on the form with client name, address, city, and home phone number. I did instruct Access to store the data in the SeniorIntakeID field in the Schedule table. I wrote a report that staff execute to see what is scheduled for a given date, for each driver. On the report I want to see the actual client's name, address, city, and home phone n...

Upgrade Office 2004 Student to 2008 Standart
As the subject says. Does anybody have an experience with upgrading the student 2004 to standart 2008. On the box it says any 2001 to 2004 office suite or application is upgradeable but before I open the box I want to make sure this will work... I need exchange server thats why I can't upgrade with the 2008 home/student version.. Thanks On 3/6/08 1:13 PM, in article ee90031.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "srkerd@officeformac.com" <srkerd@officeformac.com> wrote: > As the subject says. Does anybody have an experience with upgrading the > student 2004 to standart 2008. ...

Word 2007 Background Color PDF
I was finally able to get the background color to print. I'm using a 2-color fill, fading from one color to the other. When I do it, it doesn't fade an even color top to bottom. It goes dark to light then starts toward light agaoin before it cuts off. (I have the correct box selected). Then, when I save as a PDF, it gives me 5 sets of the faded lines. That is, light to dark to light to dark... etc. 5 times. How can I set that "scale" or get it corrected? Thanx JDC Page backgrounds are more concerned with web page creation, which does not support pages...