Installing office 2007 student over a standard trial

My computer came pre-installed with a copy of Microsoft office, I
don't' recall which version, but it is expired and had Excel, OneNote,
PowerPoint, and Word.

I've signed up for night school courses, and the school lets students
download and install Office 2007 as a perk. Do I need to remove the
trial before running the installer?

Also, I've heard that Office 2003 and 2007 can coexist. I currently
have my old copy of office 2003 installed on Virtual PC with my old
copy of Windows XP professional, can I have both available on the host
OS?

How would I set that up? I'm much more productive with the old
version, but as I'm in IT I really need to learn Office 2007.
0
SlickRCBD

On Mar 19, 10:18 pm, SlickRCBD <slickrcbdn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My computer came pre-installed with a copy of Microsoft office, I
> don't' recall which version, but it is expired and had Excel, OneNote,
> PowerPoint, and Word.
>
> I've signed up for night school courses, and the school lets students
> download and install Office 2007 as a perk. Do I need to remove the
> trial before running the installer?
>
> Also, I've heard that Office 2003 and 2007 can coexist. I currently
> have my old copy of office 2003 installed on Virtual PC with my old
> copy of Windows XP professional, can I have both available on the host
> OS?
>
> How would I set that up? I'm much more productive with the old
> version, but as I'm in IT I really need to learn Office 2007.

I hit send too soon. I forgot to say I"m using Vista 64-bit Home
Premium, but I've ordered a $30 Windows 7 Professional upgrade CD, so
that may change in a couple weeks.
0
SlickRCBD
3/20/2010 4:19:16 AM
You have to uninstall any Office Trial & Activation Assistant via
add/remove, reboot, before installing any licensed version of Office
If you have 2003 installed on Virtual PC it should be invisible to the new
version

"SlickRCBD" <slickrcbdnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mar 19, 10:18 pm, SlickRCBD <slickrcbdn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> My computer came pre-installed with a copy of Microsoft office, I
>> don't' recall which version, but it is expired and had Excel, OneNote,
>> PowerPoint, and Word.
>>
>> I've signed up for night school courses, and the school lets students
>> download and install Office 2007 as a perk. Do I need to remove the
>> trial before running the installer?
>>
>> Also, I've heard that Office 2003 and 2007 can coexist. I currently
>> have my old copy of office 2003 installed on Virtual PC with my old
>> copy of Windows XP professional, can I have both available on the host
>> OS?
>>
>> How would I set that up? I'm much more productive with the old
>> version, but as I'm in IT I really need to learn Office 2007.
>
> I hit send too soon. I forgot to say I"m using Vista 64-bit Home
> Premium, but I've ordered a $30 Windows 7 Professional upgrade CD, so
> that may change in a couple weeks.

0
DL
3/20/2010 9:02:05 AM

"SlickRCBD" <slickrcbdnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mar 19, 10:18 pm, SlickRCBD <slickrcbdn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> My computer came pre-installed with a copy of Microsoft office, I
>> don't' recall which version, but it is expired and had Excel, OneNote,
>> PowerPoint, and Word.
>>
>> I've signed up for night school courses, and the school lets students
>> download and install Office 2007 as a perk. Do I need to remove the
>> trial before running the installer?
>>
>> Also, I've heard that Office 2003 and 2007 can coexist. I currently
>> have my old copy of office 2003 installed on Virtual PC with my old
>> copy of Windows XP professional, can I have both available on the host
>> OS?
>>
>> How would I set that up? I'm much more productive with the old
>> version, but as I'm in IT I really need to learn Office 2007.
>
> I hit send too soon. I forgot to say I"m using Vista 64-bit Home
> Premium, but I've ordered a $30 Windows 7 Professional upgrade CD, so
> that may change in a couple weeks.

Office 2003 and Office 2007 can both be installed side by side and all
programs functional EXCEPT Outlook where only one version can be installed.
I have one instructional laptop with every version of Office since 4.3
(except for Office 95) up to and now including Office 2010 beta.  All main
programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, One Note) all run fine after I
have applied the necessary fix to Office 2000 through Office 2010 beta.)

There is a slight issue with re-registration of Word programs when starting
one then closing and starting the other.  A simple registry fix stops that
issue.  See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091/en-us

Word section about 1/2 way down.  Office 11 should be substituted for Office
2003 in the instructions for the registry edit for Office 2007 (Office 12)
(both Word versions need to be modified.)

Where did you get a Win 7 Pro Upgrade for $30?  Hope it was through the
school's Ultimate steal program and not from some other web site offering
great deals.

0
LVTravel

Setting Rules in Out of Office Assistant
I am seeking help in regard to a work around to Outlooks Out of Office Assistant only replying once to a sender especially if they regularly send emails. While it is a great feature, we have a user who is currently away from the office for a long period of time (6 months) on extended leave and are wanting to ensure that if he is sent emails the senders, outside of the office only, receive the Out of Office Assistance reply. A way of prompting them again that that particular person is on leave, just in case they forgot/forget. Any assistance/feedback would be greatly appreciated. Cr...

Online form ~ I have word 2003 and 2007
Hello, I am trying to create an online form that will allow for a limited amount of characters per field. For example: Name: 20 Characters at length and so on Date: 15 Characters Title of the reading: 40 characters Please advise, Thanks -- astro44 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

New Office reminds me of New Coke
Everyone hates it. The difference is that at least with Coke, there was Pepsi. Dear MS: Please admit that his was a failure and provide a patch that allows the world to toggle back to Classic Office. Stop being so arrogant. Did you really think we were going to pay billions to re-train everyone in a flippin' recession? Geez. Engineers.... It doesn't make you bad or dumb to admit you made a mistake. It means that you learned! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this su...

Problems with the installation
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Had a copy of Mac:Office 12.0.0, but couldn't ever upgrade it successfully. Finally bought another copy (digital download) of 12.1.6 to install - had already moved the other to a 'safe location'. The install completes successfully, however, when attempting to open any of the Office programs I get the following error: "A problem has been detected with the Microsoft Office installation." and "try running the Office Installer again to resolve the problem". I have run the installer four add...

OWA 2007 Performance issues
I have been using Exchange 07 for a couple of weeks now and really like it. But, I'm having performance issues with OWA from the outside world. Internally, OWA is lightining fast, but from the outside, it is as slow as a dog. So I don't think it is the server that is causing this, but rather my bandwith to the outside world. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have an idea how much bandwidth is needed for OWA to perform well? OWA 2003 was much faster than 07 and I'm wondering if I made a mistake upgrading. Thanks. Jay Becker "Jay Becker" <JayBe...

Office 2007 Professional: Help Files Issues
Gents, I cannot find a solution to this odd issue and before I submit a support ticket I thought I would ask the community. We have office 2007 professional (volume licensing) on a Window 2003 terminal server. We have a few users out of a bunch that get the "This page is unavailable" I have tried the Refresh and back. I've tried online and offline modes. In offline I get the table of contents to the left but same unavailable message when I click the links. I noticed on testing some other users, that apparently never used the help. That there are some prompts...

EXCEL 2007
I have a GIS application which uses .dbf files (not sure if they are actually Dbase files). When I need to append data (fields) to the files, I have a big problem in that excel 2007 no longer allows save as / export to .dbf files. If I try bring the data in MS Access and save as .dbf files, I have untold problems with the GIS application... The only way I have been successful with this is to find a user with an older version of excel, insert the data as database columns and then save as .dbf Any suggestions as to how I can get around this with out purchasing a converter? ...

problems with right click in Office
When I click and/or right click on a Word or Excel file, it takes a loooong time to open. Once you open excel sheet and use "OPEN", it will quickly open. Help please -- neally When you click on a document Windows has to translate the file extension into the application. This might be a windows problem or a problem with how Excel was installed. Let's assume it's not and try looking at the article I found online. It's generally better to work with what you've got then start from scratch.. http://www.smartcomputing.com/Editorial/article.asp?article=articles/2...

CRM 3.0 Installation Error #2
Receiving the following error during "System Requirements" step of the server installation: "One or more Microsoft CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Global. The group type must be Security." Environment: SQL Server 2000 CRM Server: Server 2003 SP2 Details: I am trying to reinstall CRM on one of our redundant app servers. This server was already running CRM but was uninstalled in attempt to fix an issue. CRM is still running on the primary app server. I am therefore connecting to an existing DB. The AD groups exist, have the correct ...

Office 97 on Windows XP
Can anyone tell me if I will have problems if I load my Office 97 Excel onto my new windows xp computer that only came with the works program? Should be fine. I run Excel 95 through 2003 on windows XP. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Peggy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03c001c4a59f$920c76d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... | Can anyone tell me if I will have problems if I load my | Office 97 Excel onto my new windows xp computer that only | came with the works program? ...

VB.NET for Office Open XML
I have been working on a function that inserts a slide into a presentation. I am having a problem grasping the steps to add a child node to the parent document. in this case a slide to the presentation. There is code on the MSDN site but it has several errors and when I fixed them it would not update the slide title. It would actually corrupt the file. Here is what I have so far: Public Function PPTInsertNewSlide(ByVal fileName As String, ByVal position As Integer, ByVal title As String) As Boolean Dim returnValue As Boolean = False Dim documentPart As PackagePart = Noth...

Outlook 2007 Coplor Printing
Can I print my calendar in color and if so how? it should print in the colors you see on screen but there is a problem with some printers and the shading outlook uses. Try the calendar printing assistant. It and other printing tools are linked at http://slipstick.me/calprint "BC" <BC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA594246-0FCD-46BC-AFE6-7637FE564822@microsoft.com... > Can I print my calendar in color and if so how? ...

Microdoft Publisher 2007 trial on Vista
Hi Just downloaded the trial Publishwer 2007 version onto my HP Pavillion notebook pc and cannot find it! I have got a validation code but no programme to insert it in. Have tried searchin gfor the programme but can't see it anywhere. Any clues? Many thanks Jayney ...

How to retrieve old occurrences in MS 2007 Outlook
I logged migrain info and am going to my 6 month check up tomorrow. I just went to get my old migraine journals that I had put into Outlook and noticed that all my headache journals that are from before November are GONE! In fact, almost all occurrences are gone (it seems "all day" occurrences or "recurring" occurrences are intact). How can I retrieve these old recurrences? Thanks. Are you syncing with a blackberry or other smartphone? Do you have a backup of your pst? If the items are not in your deleted items folder, you'll need a backup to get them ba...

SP1 Update Stalls in Installer
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I use the autoupdater to install SP1 the installer hangs in the stage Preparing Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) Progress bar Running AutoUpdate installer script. Anyone know what the problem is here? Joseph Ayers "lobster@officeformac.com" wrote: > When I use the autoupdater to install SP1 the installer hangs in the stage > > Preparing Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) > Progress bar > Running AutoUpdate installer script. Launch the updater Drag the installer to your desktop. Eject th...

Does Office 03 supply a sendmail command line function?
I have some web code that uses the Unix sendmail function. Does Office 03 or Windows XP supply an analogous command line function? TIA, Pete ...

Access 2007 Runtime on Machine With Older Version?
A client of mine likes some of the new bells and whistles in Access 2007, and is thinking about converting our A03 format MDB to an A07 format file. However, while some of the users have A07, many do not, and it's not clear when they would get it. His thought was to use the upcoming Access 2007 runtime to allow the users who are still running Office 2003 to be able to run the database. While I use multiple versions of Access on my development machine, I advised him against this, as I recall from years ago with the Access 97 runtime that it caused problems when run on a machine that...

Can't Install Money 2006 SB on Vista
I'm trying to install Money 2006 Small Business on my new Vista Computer and it keeps crashing during the install process. I had it on another computer and upgraded to Vista and it ran just fine. Any Ideas? In microsoft.public.money, srazook wrote: >I'm trying to install Money 2006 Small Business on my new Vista Computer and >it keeps crashing during the install process. I had it on another computer >and upgraded to Vista and it ran just fine. Any Ideas? For Money 2006 make sure this Vista update in installed: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929427 Be sure that you...

Folder is Full Error on Outlook 2007 Beta 2
I am running Office 2007 Beta2 and I cannot delete anything without getting an error that says "The folder is full" There is no reference, no error number-Nothing. Can someone please tell me what this means and what I can do to resolve it? I have already run the MS Office Diagnostics. It found a corrupt setup file and fixed it. Thanks LV How big is your PST file (if it is a PST and not an OST)? Is this an IMAP or Exchange account maybe (if yes, are you over your quota)? Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "Lady Veteran" <armyvet@bigfoot.com> wrote ...

Converting old Database to 2007 database
When i try to open my database from my old money it starts to convert but then comes with the message. Money can't open this file because it was created using a different version of Money. Does this mean that i just have to start all over again with a new database or is there a workaround ? In microsoft.public.money, mafo wrote: >When i try to open my database from my old money it starts to convert but >then comes with the message. Money can't open this file because it was >created using a different version of Money. Does this mean that i just have >to start all ove...

Exchange 2007: undeliverable email is not sent to postmaster
I have created a mailbox with smtp email address postmaster@mydomain.local. It does not collect undeliverable email yet, dont know why. Is there a way to set this nondeliverable email to this mailbox in Exchange 2007? All undeliverable email now stays in the pickup directory and automatically receives the extension .BAD after a while. However, the original emails I cannot find anywhere! Pleas help, thanks ...

Problems Installing Mac Office 2008 Home/Student Over Mac Office 2008 Trial #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Tried to install Mac Office 2008 Home/Student over an expired Mac Office 2008 Trial and ran into problems, when the application downloaded and tried to install Office 2008 12.2.0. MS Mac Support indicated that I needed to reinstall Snow Leopard. Thought that this was a bizarre solution. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Does anyone have a workaround that they can recommend? Appreciate any and all prompt responses. Many Thanks. On 10/16/09 4:38 PM, in article 59b7ec15.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "or_peb@of...

Outllook 2007 error message
Why would outlook cease to send emails with error message reading "system undeliverable message 505", an ideas? "Helen" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:eMcNletsKHA.4816@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Why would outlook cease to send emails with error message reading > "system undeliverable message 505", an ideas? > > --- > frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access Try asking in an Outlook discussion group. This group supports the Microsoft relational database product, Access. Try this to find an Outlook group:...

Convert from Acess 2003 to 2007
Our office is converting from Office 2003 to Office 2007 the middle of Feb 2010. I am currently the administrator (additional duty) on an Access 2003 front end - back end system with an updater_launcher. Our database uses the full range of objects: tables, queries, forms, reports, macros, and modules. Microsoft makes it sound easy to convert a database to Access 2007 format (see their link at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA100484061033.aspx). Is it really as simple as they make it appear, or should I expect problems by using their approach? Any advise would be great...

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers