Installation Error 02-09-10

Could you help me install the product? I have tried your support site, and
there is no information on the error message I get. Each time I try to
install, I get the following message:

Error 25221
Failed to set descriptor or object ose,
system error: 2147023446

I am using Windows XP Professional

Hi, jhfrank,

Could you post back with which Office product(s) you are trying to install?

--
Susan Ramlet
--

"jhfrank" <jhfrank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Could you help me install the product? I have tried your support site, and
> there is no information on the error message I get. Each time I try to
> install, I get the following message:
>
> Error 25221
> Failed to set descriptor or object ose,
> system error: 2147023446
>
> I am using Windows XP Professional

0
Susan
2/10/2010 1:07:36 AM
"jhfrank" <jhfrank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Could you help me install the product? I have tried your support site, and
> there is no information on the error message I get. Each time I try to
> install, I get the following message:
>
> Error 25221
> Failed to set descriptor or object ose,
> system error: 2147023446
>
> I am using Windows XP Professional

What are you installing? The Error codes you're giving do not work out to be
errors from Microsoft Office.

0
Jeff
2/10/2010 1:17:29 AM
Thanks for your help.

I currently have Microsoft Office 2003.  I am attempting to upgrade to
Microsoft Office Standard 2007.  When I put the disk in, the error previously
mentioned is shown and it shuts down the installation.  It then asks if I
want to send the error message to Microsoft.

"Jeff Strickland" wrote:

> "jhfrank" <jhfrank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Could you help me install the product? I have tried your support site, and
> > there is no information on the error message I get. Each time I try to
> > install, I get the following message:
> >
> > Error 25221
> > Failed to set descriptor or object ose,
> > system error: 2147023446
> >
> > I am using Windows XP Professional
> >

> What are you installing? The Error codes you're giving do not work out to be
> errors from Microsoft Office.
>

> .

Susan:

Thanks for your help.  I am attempting to install Microsoft Office Standard
2007 which includes Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.  The error message
previously mentioned comes at the beginning of the installation.

"Susan Ramlet" wrote:

> Hi, jhfrank,
>
> Could you post back with which Office product(s) you are trying to install?
>
> --
> Susan Ramlet
> --
> please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>
> "jhfrank" <jhfrank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Could you help me install the product? I have tried your support site, and
> > there is no information on the error message I get. Each time I try to
> > install, I get the following message:
> >
> > Error 25221
> > Failed to set descriptor or object ose,
> > system error: 2147023446
> >
> > I am using Windows XP Professional

Conditional formula 05-12-10
trying to construct a formula for the following for the same cell: if a2 > 6, then e2 = 0 if a2 = 6, then e2 = 1 if a2 = 5, then e2 = 2 if a2 = 4, then e2 = 3 if a2 = 3, then e2 =5 this is for a golf scoring system. a2 values are hole scores and results are "handicap" point scores. Any help greatly appreciated Try this: =3DIF(A2>6,0,IF(A2<=3D3,5,7-A2)) Hope this helps. Pete On May 12, 4:14=A0pm, desmond1412 <desmond1...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > trying to construct a formula for the following for the same cell: > if a2 > ...

Worksheet Problem 01-04-10
So I have a couple of issues. I go to open up a file today and try to unhide two worksheets that were hidden, and they are gone. I can still see them in VBA, but cannot open them and they are not visible at all in excel. I also am having trouble inserting a new worksheet. All the options are they, but I am not able to select insert. Any help would be appreciated. CHeck to see if workbook protection is activated. That would prevent you from being able to add new sheets (or unhide). Also, in VBE, check to see if the missing sheets have a visible status of "xlSheetVe...

Import 10-03-03
I am having a problem importing leads. I have a simple lead file: Topic, Fname, & Lname. it is a CSV file. When I try to import, I get a system error in IE. I've imported leads before without a problem. The only thing that has changed is the addtion of 1 custom field in the lead form. I don't have access to customersource because we got the software for free at a seminar on CRM. Any help would be appreciated. kevin@ecomppo.com what is the error kevin? also when you added the custom field to the form etc i assume you published the change through deployment manager and res...

what version of capicom do i have installed and graceful failing of createobject
Set capicom = createObject("CAPICOM.Utilities.1") Running that produces the following error: Script: C:\path\to\capicom.vbs Line: 1 Char: 1 Error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'CAPICOM.Utilities.1' Code: 800A01AD Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error My question is two fold. First, why can't I create that object? <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa388182%28VS.85%29.aspx> states that CAPICOM.Utilities.1 requires you have CAPICOM v2.0 or later installed. How can I find out what version I have installed? ...

Outlook 2007 error when closing
Hi, Why am I getting this error when closing Outlook 2007. "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" and it shows a check box "Restart Microsoft Office Outlook". I'm getting below details when clicking "What data does this error report contain?" Error Signature: Appname:outlook.exe Appver: 12.0.6514.5000 AppStamp: 4a89dc70 Modulename: dccmsp32.dll ModVer: 10.0.2009.929 ModStamp: 39d4133c fDebug: 0 Offset: 00005346 Please help. Thanks in ad...

rapid migration tool error
when i use the rapid migration tool to move data from quickbooks 2006 to dynamics gp 10, I get this message: no mapping between account names and security id's was done. How do i fix this?? ...

Toolbar button error?
In Excel 2003 I put a button on a custom toolbar - the button is the 'double bottom border' and is from the Customise-Format selection of buttons. However this button just gives me a single bottom border. I can get double borders in other ways, e.g. from the drop-down borders box, where the identical-looking button does give me a double bottom border. Is this an error, or am I missing something? Thanks, David Wheeler d.r.wheeler@btinternet.com Hi David does the same for me too ... so i think it's broken :( and while this is no help at all to you i'll say it anyway ...

visual c++ runtime errors
In many applications when I get a crash it simply creates the drwatsons log file and displays that it has crashed. Sometimes however I get a visual c++ runtime error and they never write out to the watsons log file. Unfortunately its a multithreaded application so almost impossible to track down what is causing the problem without some type of debug log or dump to tell me where it crashed. Is there someway to disable to the visual c++ runtime error box so it can just crash happily? lol Doug ...

newbie, missing OWC11 and Office WEb Components on install
I had a configured instance of SQL SErver Express 2005 and am trying to install to the sql server express advanced edition onto this first instance as well as the toolkit. I follow the instructions for getting the right instance it goes through the install but I get an error in the log regarding the OWC11 doesn't get installed and it wants something more than OFfice 2003? It wants the office web components. What am I missing to get this installed? I have IIS running. thanks, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 9.00.4035.00 ============================== OS Version : ...

Invalid response (0x800ccc60) error in microsoft outlook
Hi all, I am geeting "Invalid response (0x800ccc60) error in microsoft outlook" when I send the mails. Can any one help me why this error occurs. How to solve it? Thanks in advance Pravin hi pravin Have you verified the SMTP address is correct or not the error you have reffered is a SMTP erro. Regards Jassi >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, >I am geeting "Invalid response (0x800ccc60) error in >microsoft outlook" when I send the mails. >Can any one help me why this error occurs. >How to solve it? >Thanks in advance > >Pravin >. >...

Invalid Add-in error message
When I open Outlook 2003, I keep getting the following error message: C:\Documents and Settings\Amanda\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns\outlvba.dll is not a valid Office Add-in. Then I am booted from Outlook. How can I fix this? Try renaming outlvba.dll to outlvba.bak. Go to the add/remove applet in the control panel and perform a detect and repair on Office/Outlook 2003. /neo ps - outlvba.dll normally exists at \Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\ADDINS. I've never seen it under a user profile. "urbangirl" <urbangirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

MS Word 2001(for Mac) Error
Trying to resolve an issue where MS Word give a dialogue box saying that the document is "in use" although there is no other computer with it open. We restarted the computer, disabled our security software (FoolProof) and I have not been able to get the documents in question open. ...

Library Checkout 911 12-01-09
I have a list box on a form that allows me to select Customer Service Reps individually. What I want to do is when I select a rep or group of reps for a report, I want those reps to show as being checked out, so that if someone comes behind me and want to run a report it will show these reps as not available because I have them checked out. Is this possible. I woud truly appreciate if someone can help me like yesterday. I need to get this done asap. ...

Complier error
This keeps coming up when im done with any transaction . I have to continue to click on it aprox 5 times brfor it will not pop up on my screen & print me out a reciept. Can someone Please help me fix this problem ????????? Thank you Theresa Have you modified a receipt template or format lately? There is an error that is similar to this that can be caused by invalid XML in the receipt tmeplate, but that typically shows up when you try to apply the template to a format - not when you try to print. Do you have any Add-ins installed? Is there any more to the message - like the name of ...

Microsoft Dynamics GP Version 10 info required
Hi All, Just wanted to know if Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 is out in the market , and is available to the users . Or likely date that it will be launched. Thanks in Advance Asma Version 10 is not yet out in the market. Developers have copies but VARs have not yet been issued demo copies. It is expected that this version will release in June. If you are considering the purchase of Dynamics GP, purchase and install V9. I never recommend new releases until after a few months of run time to work out the kinks. Anyone that purchases now will get the upgrade to 10 as part of their suppor...

Error in Data Migration Framework (DMF)
Help..... I am trying to upload 14,000 Account records using the Data Migration Framework, along with 6,000 Contact records. It was easier to use the DMF rather than the bulk import especially with the relationships between the records. I first trialled the DMF migration of these records on the May VPC image supplied by MS and it all worked fine. However now that it is being run in a pre-production environment on full sized servers I am having problems. Approximately half of the account records, and all the contact records have been uploaded successfully. Half of the account recor...

setting up Vista-microsoft mail-getting POP3 server error message
What am I doing wrong? Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and service provider TWC or Time Warner Cable and the error message comes up. What should I do? Can you help me? On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:27:09 -0700, "asilocreo" <asilocreo@microsoft.com> wrote: >What am I doing wrong? >Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about >the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and >service provider TWC or Ti...

Unknown HRESULT error code
Hello fellow newsgroupies, Does anybody know what the HRESULT error code 0x80041000 means? It is not in "WinError.h" nor does it correspond to "C:\Temp not found" (which it seems to mean in Visual Basic programs) Many thanks in advance, 'Newsgroupie' "Newsgroupie" <buzbymb@yahoo.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio news:5d34e73b-21b2-4786-85c7-9f66126ce83d@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Does anybody know what the HRESULT error code 0x80041000 means? > > It is not in "WinError.h" nor does it correspond to "C:\Temp not > ...

Template Error
When ever I go into Email Templates or Contract Templates, I get an error that says, "An error has occurred (no kidding). For more information, contact your system administrator (always fun when you're the system admin)." The only options are Try Again (same error occurs) and Go Back. Funny thing is that the Knowledge Base Templates work just fine. Any ideas? A little more information. Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in th...

Publisher 2007 Error, Windows Vista
I have an issue using Publisher 2007 on Windows Vista 32bit. When attempting to print (or print preview) the user interface locks up and my only option is to ctl-alt-del. I cannot switch windows, I cannot bring up task manager. The UI still displays updates (outside of Publisher), but I cannot "use" any of the interface except the Windows Security menu via ctl-alt-del. If I attempt a logout I can force Publisher to stop. This is followed by two logged events: --- 1. Source: Office 12, Event ID 5000 The description for Event ID 5000 from source Microsoft Office 12 cannot be ...

Send and receive 09-08-10
Where can I find the 'send and receive' button in Vista and WLM. If you see a Sync button on the toolbar, that is the replacement for = Send & Receive. However, the latest beta version went back to Send & Receive. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------ "searcher" wrote in message news:i68nco$lpa$1@speranza.aioe.org... Where can I find the 'send and receive' button in Vista and WLM.=20 Send and Receive in Windows Live Mail 2009 http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A...

Authentication Error
Hi, I've been trying to deploy CRM 3, and having a real nightmare. It took quite a few builds to get a fully clean install of it (such as issues with the SQL Reporting Services, etc), but have finally got a clean install of it. We're running CRM 3.0 with SQL Server 2000 SP4 on a Windows 2003 SP1 server - running in a native mode 2003 AD. SQL is running dedicated on the same server as CRM and in Windows Authentication mode. I have a perfectly clean install this time - CRM Services running, SQL no problems, IIS functioning fine as far as I can see, but its the classic! "Authenti...

Unexpected VSS error (30218) when restoring database to new instan
I am attempting to restore databases backed up by DPM 2007 to a new test server running the same version of SQL 2005 that the production system runs. After running though the recovery console and selecting the test server and the destination, DPM starts to restore and almost immediately produces an error, "Operation failed because DPM encountered and unexpected VSS error (30218)" Searching on this error I was asked to look at the application logs on the destination server for the issue but could find no issues logged on either the destination or DPM servers. I applie...

NEED HELP!!!!!! CRM 3.0 Outlook Client error
I have two users with problem. They frequently are getting asked for their credentials when accessing CRM via their Outlook. The options are not set to have them prompt for their credentials. If when you supply the system with valid credentials, the system again another 5-7 times before throwing an error or let you in. But if the system lets you in, it will ask again when you try to navigate somewhere else. I have added the CRM url to the Intranet sites and have the option to automatically logon for Intranet sites in IE7. Both users are the new version for CRM 3.0 that is com...

Can't Install Office 2008 for Mac at all
Hi there everyone, I pray someone can help me before I throw my mac through the window. This is the second time I am having this problem. My office just stopped working and no matter what I did I could not open any of the programs, so I uninstalled everything, Microsoft and the preferences. I have now tried to re-install office off disk and I can't even get it to launch I keep getting an error message saying installer created an error and please report which I have done a thousand times. I have restarted the mac and emtied the Trash so there is nothing relating to office...