Default Fonts

Word 2007 appears to default to Calibri  and double spaced.  I understand how
to change it for myself, but I would like to know how to change it at
installation time, or for all users, so that everyone will get the corporate
font as default.
Is it possible??

Harry,

How are you deploying Office to your users?

--
Susan Ramlet
--

"Harry Hornet" <HarryHornet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Word 2007 appears to default to Calibri  and double spaced.  I understand
> how
> to change it for myself, but I would like to know how to change it at
> installation time, or for all users, so that everyone will get the
> corporate
> font as default.
> Is it possible??

0
Susan
1/27/2010 12:06:13 AM
We generally use RIS .

"Susan Ramlet" wrote:

> Harry,
>
> How are you deploying Office to your users?
>
> --
> Susan Ramlet
> --
> please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>
> "Harry Hornet" <HarryHornet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Word 2007 appears to default to Calibri  and double spaced.  I understand
> > how
> > to change it for myself, but I would like to know how to change it at
> > installation time, or for all users, so that everyone will get the
> > corporate
> > font as default.
> > Is it possible??

I believe you'd want to create and deploy a custom normal.dotm (the default
template Word uses). I don't know anything about RIS, so I'll point you to
articles that tell you how to deploy Office with customizations.

Deploy custom configurations of the 2007 Office system (step-by-step):

The Office Customization Tool lets you create a file that determines how
setup behaves, including the ability to copy additional files in at
installation time. This article tells you a lot about what you can control
during deployment:

Office Customization Tool in the 2007 Office system:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179097.aspx#Add_files

Hopefully that helps--there may be better approaches, but this might do it
for you.

--
Susan Ramlet
--

> We generally use RIS .
>
> "Susan Ramlet" wrote:
>
>> Harry,
>>
>> How are you deploying Office to your users?
>>
>> --
>> Susan Ramlet
>> --
>> please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>>
>> "Harry Hornet" <HarryHornet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Word 2007 appears to default to Calibri  and double spaced.  I
>> > understand
>> > how
>> > to change it for myself, but I would like to know how to change it at
>> > installation time, or for all users, so that everyone will get the
>> > corporate
>> > font as default.
>> > Is it possible??

0
Susan

Can I change the font color of text inside an IF statement?
Here is the equation I'm using in Excel 2003. =IF(AND(G3="NO",B1-E3<2),B1-E3,IF(AND(G3="YES",B1-E3<=96),B1-E3,"Error")) I would like the text color to change red if: IF NO is selected and B1-E3 >2 I would like the text to turn red. IF YES is selected and B1-E3 >4 I would like the text to turn red. If I can do this in conditional formatting, that’s fine, I'm just not familiar enough with excel to do this. Thanks for the assistance! Craig Hi a formula can't change a format. But have a look at 'Format - Conditional Format' fo...

Modify Outlook Default Columns for New Folder??
When I create a new folder to store e-mail, one of the default columns is the "Size" column. I prefer not to have this column in my folders. I know I can right click and remove this column. Is there a way to modify my settings so that this column will never appear when I create a new folder in Outlook? Tom View, Arrange by, if Ol2003], Current View, Define views... reset the view (usually Messages) and modify it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Othe...

Default Microsoft Exchange Services Stopped (Critical)
Under System Manager - Tools - Monitoring & Status - Status are two first administrative groups: one called <servername> and the other called SMTP connector. The former says "Critical: Service not running" while the latter says "Available". Right clicking the former and clicking Properties reveals a tab titled "Monitoring" with a name entry of Default Microsoft Exchange Services and a the "critical state" column says "Stopped." The Exchange server doesn't seem to be having too much problems except that message tracking...

How can I stop Outlook downloading fonts from incoming messages and use only those installed?
When I receive a message in Outlook with a font I don't have installed it takes a while whilst Outlook downloads the font. Can I switch off this feature so that the only fonts that show are those that are already installed. Peter <usenet_AT_tecno.demon.co.uk@JUNKBLOCK.COM> wrote: > When I receive a message in Outlook with a font I don't have installed > it takes a while whilst Outlook downloads the font. Can I switch off > this feature so that the only fonts that show are those that are > already installed. You don't state your version of Outlook, but with Out...

WebBrowser Control Displayed Font Size.
In Windows Explorer 7 a menu option is available to change the displayed font size. "View" > "Text Size". Several options are available; "Largest", "Larger", "Medium" etc. Is the functionality available to programmatically adjust the displayed font size in the WebBrowser control? The container for the control is in a Windows form. ...

Manual payment with credit card default distributions
When selecting payment type of credit card via a manual payment, I don=92t understand the default distributions of debiting AP and crediting Cash. Why is it crediting cash? Shouldn=92t it be crediting (increasing) the credit card payable account? We now owe money to the credit card company. Hi Jeet, There are two things going on in here 1. There is a payables trx that is being paid through a credit card. Here as far as the trx is concerned it is being cleared off through a credit card payment(as gud as paying cash to the vendor). So in payables the PAY type is getting debited and CASH typ...

Default font color
How can I set the default font color to anything but black? You can go to Format, Style, be sure the Style name is at Normal, hit modify over on the right, change the color. You'll have to do this to each workbook. I have not been able to figure out how to make it permanent. "ajb" <ajbehr@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:ugpNPqvdDHA.2112@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I set the default font color to anything but black? > > You can create a new default template, with your preferred font colour: 1. Open a new workbook. 2. Choose Format>Style 3. Fr...

Default Public View has records but columns are blank
A custom entity has a default list view but the entries in the list do not show any values. There are a number of lines in the list with an icon only. If I try to delete one the message says select an entry before attempting operation. I cannot select the lijne either. Have created many views before and never seen this. Other views are ok? Hi Steve, Try publishing the entity and see if this resolves the problem. HTH, Niths "Steve" wrote: > A custom entity has a default list view but the entries in the list do not > show any values. There are a number of lines in the...

Column A to change font color if column B is not empty
Hi, I'd like to have column A of a sheet to automatically turn to red font when a cell in column B is entered,ie, the Cell A3 will change from red to black when B3 is entered and B3 is a date. Can it be done? Thanks & Regards, Val Hi try: - select cells A3:A10 - goto 'Format - Conditional format' - enter the formula =$B3<>"" - choose a format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany dolphinv4 wrote: > Hi, > > I'd like to have column A of a sheet to automatically > turn to red font when a cell in column B is entered,ie, > the Cell ...

change inbox default form
how do i change the default form for inbox in outlook 2002 sp3? Tools-Forms-Design a form. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Peter Fuller asked: | how do i change the default form for inbox in outlook 2002 sp3? You can make a registry change to substitute your custom form for the default form. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/newdefaultform.htm#ch...

VBA to default printer in Crystal Report
is it possible to set default the printer for crystal report to be the same as the printer setup in GP (Files>Print Setup)? eg: is GP is using Printer1, then when calling a crystal report using VBA, the printer will be set to Printer1. If GP is using Printer2, then crystal report will be defaulted to Printer2. thks in advance. Unfortunately that isn't going to work for a couple reason: 1. The biggest reason is there isn't any way to determine what the printer is in Dynamics. Not even with Dexterity. It just wasn't something that was exposed. So I can't think of ...

Fonts/Icons
Does anybody know how to change the default icon & font size for the "folder list" (usually on the left of outlook xp).......It starts with: Outlook Today Calender Contacts etc. etc. ...

FONTS in Microsoft Publisher 2003
I would like to print out ALL fonts available for actual reference when I want to show my customer, how do I do it? Rossy wrote: > I would like to print out ALL fonts available for actual reference when I > want to show my customer, how do I do it? The fonts available in Publisher should be the same as the fonts available to the rest of the system. This article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209205 -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Thanks for the answer, however, I do not know how to print the fonts available, can you tell me how? Someone did it for ...

Changing font size for folder labels
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I had to change my identity because of problems creating an archive. The font size for the folder/subfolder names is considerably bigger than in my old identity, but I can't find/remember how I was able to shrink the font size in the old identity. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ----------------1884767708369135418 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit On 2010-03-01 18:30:43 -0800, JHawk@officefor...

uninstall fonts in Word 2003
How can I uninstall fonts from the drop down menu in this program? There are too many to choose from and I don't use most of them... hate looking through the list each time I want to change fonts. If they're fonts you're never going to use anyway, you Delete them from the Fonts folder in Start > Control Panel. (But if they weren't stored somewhere else in your computer and installed from there, you should move them to a storage folder instead, so that when you do want them back, you can Install them again.) In Word2007, recently used fonts appear in a group at t...

outlook 2002 on xp pro: default format style for new emails
Whenever I start a new email in Outlook, the format style is set to Paragraph, not Normal as with most, if not all, other computers. Actually a user is patched through CITRIX, piped into the citrix server, using his session's Outlook. Don't let that throw you; I'd like at least to know if there's a way to change the default. Thank you! ...

How do I set the default zoom to 90% ? (i.e. not 100%!)
ms Excel 2002 /Windows 2000 Pro Hi How do I set the default zoom to 90% rather than 100%? I have a high resolution monitor, and have set the MS Windows 2000 text size to large. But in excel it is slightly too large and I keep needing to zoom out... Or is there a setting to change the screen DPI or something...?! Any suggestions? Ship Shiperton Henethe In my startup add-in, I have a class module, "MyWindowClass" with the following code (among other events): Public WithEvents oApp As Application Private Sub oApp_WorkbookOpen(ByVal Wb As Excel.Workbook) Wi...

New Message Defaults
Hello, How do you set the new message defaults, i have a user who's new message is set to web view by default and causes their text to look bigger than it actually is. Can anyone help? Thanks Tools>Options>Mail Format>Fonts... "AC" wrote: > Hello, > > How do you set the new message defaults, i have a user who's new message is > set to web view by default and causes their text to look bigger than it > actually is. Can anyone help? > > Thanks I do not see anywhere in there how to change the default view of the new mail message, just ...

Default Address Book
When I go into NEW and hit TO my address book comes up with the whole address book. How do I make the default my office only and the rest showing under the pull down on the right hand side. In the regular windows version under tools you had an option called services and you were able to change that default there. I cannot find anything even close to that in XP Thanks Please restate your questions more clearly. Include accurate descriptions of what you are doing and the Outlook versions you are using. Try not to confuse operating system version with Office versions. -- Russ Valentine [MVP...

get font from HDC
Hi, I would like to modify a function used to render some HTML and use the font I have choosen : // C functions int __stdcall DrawHTML( HDC hdc, // handle of device context LPCTSTR lpString, // address of string to draw int nCount, // string length, in characters LPRECT lpRect, // address of structure with formatting dimensions UINT uFormat // text-drawing flags ) { .... /* get the "default" font from the DC */ SavedD...

Change Default Folder for a specific Template
Hi All, I am sure that this is a really simple question, but here goes. I hav a PO template that I want to always save to this folder S:\Purchas Orders\ENG POs when it creates an .xls . I cannot seem anyway just t change this one template's default directory. Is there a way? Thanks, SheGee -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, You could add an auto_open() macro to your template that will change the folder path. And a before_close() routine to reset it before closing. -- John johnf 202 at hotmail dot com "SheGeek >" <<SheGeek.zs364@excelforum-n...

Default settings
In Microsoft Word How can I change the default settings for "Page Setup" so that i don't have to go and edit them each time i open a new document (At the moment for all new documents that i open the top and botom margins are too big and the gutter is enormous. Each time i open a new document the cursor is almost one third down the page) From the page setup dialog, change the settings to what you require, then click the default button at the bottom of the dialog. If prompted to save the normal template when you close Word, do so. If that doesn't fix it, open the n...

Font schemes ... again : )
Hi there, I was without internet access for a long time (grrr!) and my last post got a bit lost I think. I was just wondering if anyone knew the answer to this: Thanks so much everybody for being so patient!!! Hi Ed Thanks for your reply (sorry about my delay - no internet access, aaagh!). Absolutely agree with you re making changes after the fact - very tricky for a dopey publisher user like me. I think I have to do it that way though, as I am trying to make six different versions of the same 150 page document (with no linked text boxes) in different fonts (in Australia, we have a di...

Change PrintDlg Font
Hey, I use - CPrintDialog PrintDlg(TRUE, PD_ALLPAGES | PD_USEDEVMODECOPIES | PD_NOPAGENUMS | PD_NOSELECTION | PD_DISABLEPRINTTOFILE, AfxGetMainWnd()/*this*/); // if(PrintDlg.DoModal() == IDOK) PrintDlg.GetDefaults(); // %9b86 ShellExecute(NULL,"print","tally.txt",NULL,NULL,SW_HIDE); ShellExecute(NULL,"print","summary.txt",NULL,NULL,SW_HIDE); to print two text files. How do I change the font that is printed? Thanks, Wayne Ransier > Hey, > > I use - > > CPrintDialog PrintDlg(TRUE, > PD_ALLPAGES | PD_...

Changing defaults based on sent-to address?
Is it possible in Outlook 2003 to have certain reply-to and signatures applied to messages based on their sent-to addresses? I have a forwarding address that I use for more formal correspondence and a POP3 account/address I use for regular email. I would like to set things up so that if a mail is sent to the forwarding address that when I reply it will use my "formal signature" and "formal reply-to address". Is this possible to do in Outlook 2003? I looked into different profiles but it seems like that is meant for different accounts (POP3 servers) of which I have only ...