Configuration restarts each time an Office module is opened

Hi All

I am going quite mad.

I have installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 on one Vista
notebook.  Well and good.

I try it on another notebook, register it successfully and now each time I
open Word it tries to perform a setup again, with a Configuration Progress
dialogue popping up.  A few decades later Word appears.  There is absolutely
no indication what the problem may be.

Any ideas are welcome.

Cheers
Andre

0
iso

Never mind.  Problem solved.  The registry needed manual editing.

"J Andr� Labuschagn�" <technical@eduadmin.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I am going quite mad.
>
> I have installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 on one Vista
> notebook.  Well and good.
>
> I try it on another notebook, register it successfully and now each time I
> open Word it tries to perform a setup again, with a Configuration Progress
> dialogue popping up.  A few decades later Word appears.  There is
> absolutely no indication what the problem may be.
>
> Any ideas are welcome.
>
> Cheers
> Andre

0
iso

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

Time Series
I have about 30000 lines of data that looks like so: Time Count 93000 447 93001 1020 93002 1438 93003 2177 93004 3042 93005 3467 93006 2913 93007 3341 93008 3547 93009 2908 93010 3512 93011 4090 Where ColA is time. I am having trouble creating a graph with time on the x-axis and count on the y-axis. Thank you in advance. You need to make an XY chart But with 30,000 data points you could run into trouble; Help says you can 32,000 data points in a single data series. However, if you want markers it will look like heck. You could limit the data like this: assume y-values in B2:B30001 in ...

Outlook 2000 not opening.

Office 2007 forms

office don't remember to Provide feedback with sound
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3346246767_13130669 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Has any body else have this problem? Every time I start an office 2008 application I have to mark the �provide feedback with sound� in the preferences again. Office apps mysteriously uncheck this option on their own. I remember this from 2004 and from X as well. Any one have any clue to why this is happening? Please Cc the answ...

Office installation and Windows 7

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Email Statements from Collection Module

Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
While trying to configure Ms CRM for outlook throws an error message HTTP Status 401: Unauthorized.Can anyone put me out of this issue. ...

Run time error 5 : HQClient

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Are Office XP fonts freeware?
I want to learn about copyright issue of "Office XP standart fonts" or any web address explains. Can i use one, in logo design? serdar wrote: > I want to learn about copyright issue of "Office XP standart fonts" or any > web address explains. Can i use one, in logo design? > > Why is this an Excel question? If you look at the fonts in the Windows fonts directory, usually c:\windows\fonts, you'll see that most of them are copyrighted. I suggest you do a Google or other search for freeware fonts. You should find some items that way. That said, yo...

calendar sometimes opens in month view
every once in a while (sorry that i can't be more precise), i find that clicking on calendar, under 'all folders' , causes it to open in month view. i can go back to inbox, and again click on calendar and get month view again. for most of a day. then it goes back to opening on current day. which it does most of the time. i don't remember if this happens after a reboot, standby, or just for no apparent reason. actually i prefer month view and wish i could make it open this way all the time. any ideas about what it happening here? ...

Cannot Drag Open Desktop Screen
Hi: I have a friend running XP MCE (2005) SP3 and he cannot drag an open screen on his desktop by Left clicking and holding cursor on the top of screen. Any suggestions as to how to remedy this problem of not being able to drag a screen will be appreciated Thanks, ColTom2. On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:48:43 -0400, "ColTom2" <noemailaddress@nomail.com> wrote: >Hi: > > I have a friend running XP MCE (2005) SP3 and he cannot drag an open >screen on his desktop by Left clicking and holding cursor on the top of >screen. > > A...

Opening Excel email attachments
When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find suitable program.I then go online to find Excel but only get Uopdates. PC is XP version with Works Suite 2002. A fe months back my dear wife was downloading Excel an got board with waiting and shut down the PC! Any suggestions. Thanks Karl Hi there's no legal way to download Excel!! You have to buy< an Excel version and install it on your PC (or try to open the file with MS Works - but live with the restricted functionality) >-----Original Message----- >When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find >suitable progra...

Time Format Question
Hello, I currently have time entered like this: 173517 90207 I need to look like this: 5:35 p.m. 9:02 a.m. I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so far. Thank you. With your values in column AA, try: =TIME(LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-4),LEFT(RIGHT(A1,4),2),RIGHT(A1,2)) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Toria" wrote: > Hello, > I currently have time entered like this: > 173517 > 90207 > > I need to look like this: > 5:35 p.m. > 9:02 a.m. > > I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so fa...