cannot install document image writer on windows 7 64 bit from offi

several times i tried to go through the steps to update my microsoft office
suite 2007 to allow me to use document image writer with no success.
the process i took was:
 1.  Close all running applications. If you have any Office
application running, the driver will not be installed properly.
     2.  Go to "Control Panel" and "Add or Remove Programs".
     3.  Click on "Microsoft Office 2003" and then click on "Change".
     4.  Check "Add or Remove Features" and click "Next".
     5.  On the bottom of the page check "Choose advanced
customization of applications." and click "Next".
     6.  Under Microsoft Office click on the + sign in front of
"Office Tools"
     7.  Locate the object "Microsoft Office Document Imaging",
click the icon and select "Not Available".
     8.  Click on "Update". This will uninstall the MODI driver.
     9.  Repeat steps 1 to 6 to go back to the same location you
were before.
     10.  Locate the object "Microsoft Office Document Imaging",
click the icon and select "Run from My Computer".
     11.  Click on "Update".

I see this is generally for office 2003 and xp but i also read that it
should work for my scenerio which again is ofice 2007 on a 64 bit windows 7.

any help is appreciated. I need to be able to print to .tif and am giving up
unless someone knows a work around.

"Cassidy" wrote:

> several times i tried to go through the steps to update my microsoft office
> suite 2007 to allow me to use document image writer with no success.
> the process i took was:
>  1.  Close all running applications. If you have any Office
> application running, the driver will not be installed properly.
>      2.  Go to "Control Panel" and "Add or Remove Programs".
>      3.  Click on "Microsoft Office 2003" and then click on "Change".
>      4.  Check "Add or Remove Features" and click "Next".
>      5.  On the bottom of the page check "Choose advanced
> customization of applications." and click "Next".
>      6.  Under Microsoft Office click on the + sign in front of
> "Office Tools"
>      7.  Locate the object "Microsoft Office Document Imaging",
> click the icon and select "Not Available".
>      8.  Click on "Update". This will uninstall the MODI driver.
>      9.  Repeat steps 1 to 6 to go back to the same location you
> were before.
>      10.  Locate the object "Microsoft Office Document Imaging",
> click the icon and select "Run from My Computer".
>      11.  Click on "Update".
>

> I see this is generally for office 2003 and xp but i also read that it
> should work for my scenerio which again is ofice 2007 on a 64 bit windows 7.
>
> any help is appreciated. I need to be able to print to .tif and am giving up
> unless someone knows a work around.

I had the same problem.

I solved it by using the fax printer driver. It has an option to print to
file.

On  printing, you direct the output to the fax printer driver.
Click the 'print to file'
Type in the file name you want in the resulting dialog box. Make sure you
include the .TIF extension - it is too dumb to put it in for you.

Click print and you have your file..

Editorial comment. Taking away the 'Document Image Writer' was a big loss in
functionality for Windows. The XPS writer is NOT a replacement - it does not
produce industry standard and compatible file formats. Hence, you are reduced
to using the fax driver a useful file format.
"> I had the same problem.

> I solved it by using the fax printer driver. It has an option to print to
> file.
>
> On  printing, you direct the output to the fax printer driver.
> Click the 'print to file'
> Type in the file name you want in the resulting dialog box. Make sure you
> include the .TIF extension - it is too dumb to put it in for you.
>
> Click print and you have your file..
>
> Editorial comment. Taking away the 'Document Image Writer' was a big loss in
> functionality for Windows. The XPS writer is NOT a replacement - it does not
> produce industry standard and compatible file formats. Hence, you are reduced
> to using the fax driver a useful file format.

********************

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and was about to give up on a solution, but
Nightwatchman you are so correct!
It take a little finagling, but who cares? It works. The .pdf doc I tested
it didn't give me an option to rename, but no biggie. I chose the fax printer
option and it automatically popped open with the document attached.
Double-click and voila!

Thank you!

Importing a Word document
Why is it that when I import a Word document, it opens into a new publication rather than the publication page that I just created? That means I have to re-do the page size, margins, etc. What am I doing wrong? Instead of using the Import feature, click inside an existing Publisher text box and choose Insert: Text File from the Menu Bar. Deanna www.ThatOfficeGirl.com "ChurchLady" wrote: > Why is it that when I import a Word document, it opens into a new publication > rather than the publication page that I just created? That means I have to > re-do the page size,...

Why I cannot stop Messenger from starting with Windows?
Hi, I have removed tick from "Run Windows Messenger" when Windows starts" option in Prefererences tab. Despite that, each time when I start Windows Messenger comes with it. I checked Run regkey and Messenger is not there. How to remove it? Claire See http://kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_messenger.htm. For Messenger/Outlook Express tweaks, see http://kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_oe.htm. Claire wrote: > Hi, > I have removed tick from "Run Windows Messenger" when Windows starts" > option > in Prefererences tab. > Despite that, each time ...

How can you re install office 2004 ?
Any ideas on how to uninstall Office 2008 and go back to Office 2004 until the proper synchronization patches are available You don't need to uninstall, Simply re-install Office 2004, and re-apply Service Pack 11.3.5 and then run its AutoUpdate from the Help menu to bring it back up to date. If you leave Office 2008 installed, it will attract its updates as they come available. If you have been using Entourage, you will need to Export your database, using File>Export... Then import it to Entourage 2004 after you get it updated. Do not allow two versions of Entourage to run concurr...

BP 3.0 pre-installation question
I am very embarrassed to ask this, but I have not found the correct way to do set up the Business Portal domain user account. In short, I have a domain called MYDOM. I have an SBS 2003 machine called PDC I have the Business Portal machine called TESTBED (running Server 2003). I hav no problems creating the domain user account "bportal", but how do I give that account admin privileges on specirfically on TESTBED? It is not like XP pro where I can add the domain account to te local users accounts and give it admin rights. It seems that this should not be an utter brick wall, ...

Can Windows XP 64 bit be upgraded to Windows Vista 64 bit?
Would I need to reinstall applications? Thanks Partha mcp111 wrote: > Would I need to reinstall applications? Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found: Search using Google! http://www.google.com/ (How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html ) Your answer: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/get/upgrade-your-pc-options.aspx "If your computer is running Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP Professional x64, you are eligible for an u...

Image in Form
Some forms templates in acc 2007 has image to create forms, on the top, it looks a web page. Unfortunately I can not manipulate these images to customize. The images are embedded. Somebody else knows where can I find images, similar pictures? Thanks ...

Re: New Build Of Windows Live Mail 2010
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0035_01CB4284.A4A23040 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In the new beta =E2=80=93 not this version. "Nancy Jackman" <nanwjackman@beaufort.com> wrote in message news:... The problem of WLM=E2=80=99s =E2=80=9Cstepping on itself=E2=80=9D when = compacting and freeing up empty space seems to have been fixed as well. Nancy ------=_NextPart_000_0035_01CB4284.A4A23040 Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-...

cannot send email messages from Window Mail
I have email on mail2web.com and I use it from windowsmail so my problem that I can recive email messages but Icannot send Do you get an error message when you try to send? If so,=20 right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Hassan" <Hassan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:DA2310DC-3838-43A4-9701-36C4F01F6391@microsoft.com...

Sending Mail from Windows Explorer Q
When you send a mail via Windows Explorer i.e send to mail recipient, how can you do that without the message on the Subject line reading "e- mailing: file that is attached" and also the message that appears within the message body? I always manually delete, but is it possible not to have these messages displayed in the first place? I'm using Outlook 2003 Sean <seanryanie@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: >When you send a mail via Windows Explorer i.e send to mail recipient, >how can you do that without the message on the Subject line reading "e- >mailing: file that is a...

GP Client install errors
I installed GP 8.0 from a installation template on 1 XP machine with no problems. I have the ODBC properly setup, and bcp.exe properly installed to satisfy GP Utilities. I am able to log in with different users, no problem. I did the same thing on two other XP machines and both machines give this Dexterity Runtime error on start-up. Unable to open dictionary :C:PROGRA~1/MID1AC~1/GREATP~1/dictionary name.DIC. I get this error for the following .dic's: ADVSECURE.DIC ADV_FRM.DIC ADV_RPT.DIC AREC.DIC ARECFRM.DIC ARECRPT.DIC CFM.DIC CFMFORM.DIC CMFRPTS.DIC EXP1493.DIC EXP1493F.DIC EXP1493R....

Trouble Since KB911829 Installation
Ever since I installed the update for Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 (non-clustered) servers last week I have been getting application errors I can find no information on. I get the generic Event ID 1000 from source: Microsoft Exchange Server. Faulting application exsp.dll, version 6.5.7638.1, stamp 430e735b, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault address 0x000000c7. Anybody else having this issue? Sure would like to find a resolution. This is my production server, and although mail and such are working properly, the name of the faulting module and it'...

Image Change
how can I make below vb code work. I am getting error syaing "Operator '=' is not defined for types 'System.Drawing.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Bitmap' ". Please can any friend can help me on this. I am using Visual basic 2008 and trying to create image change in picture box control with timer. Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick If PictureBox1.Image = My.Resources.oneimg Then PictureBox1.Image = My.Resources.twoimg ElseIf PictureBox1.Image = My.Resources....

Outlook on windows 7
How to set up recurring appointments on the toolbar - windows 7 "sdevli" <sdevli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB723333-AFED-4ADA-8666-7F7CCABC8739@microsoft.com... > How to set up recurring appointments on the toolbar - windows 7 Don't think you can. You mean in gadgets? You'll need to look for a gadget that displays appointments (or recurring appointments). There is an upcoming appointments gadget in the online gadget gallery. Note that using a gadget can force outlook open at boot and keep Outlook open if you try to close i...

Protected document
I have protected a document/template with limited styles available so that other users cannot change the look of the document, but yet populate the document as needed. Within 1 line I want to have 2 styles, bold and nonbold, but once I lock out the document I cannnot change the font to non bold when the line style is bold. Is this possible to do? You can add a character style with bold formatting and add it to the list of styles that users may apply. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "CC" <CC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7872CD45-C4...

Where have all the windows gone?
When programing in VBA, I use the VBA Editor screen to show the Explorer window on the left, occupying about one quarter of the screen and the Code Page or User Form in the remaining space on the right. When I reboot the PC and go to the same project, the screens have always shown just as I left them, which I understand is what should happen. Now for unknown reasons, when I return, the windows I had open are all smaller, in different places, and some are hidden behind the Explorer window which is the only one which stays where I left it (whether it is docked or not.) Net result is I ha...

Great Plains Standard Installation CD
is there a separate CD set for Great Plains Standard installation CD or is it the same CD as Great Plains? No, there is not a separate set. "don" wrote: > is there a separate CD set for Great Plains Standard installation CD or is it > the same CD as Great Plains? ...

Slow opening new Word document
Using Word 2000 on XP. I have a shortcut on my desktop to open a new Word Doc. However, clicking on it, or right clicking on desktop, seems to take forever before it opens. Any ideas please? TIA Katherine ...

Windows Update optional updates doesn't see
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0049_01CB1560.CEB60470 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello there, for some time I can no longer view the optional updates. Can you tell me a solution? S.O.: Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2. Language: Italian. I attach a screenshot. Thanks. Fabiano Liberatori ------=_NextPart_000_0049_01CB1560.CEB60470 Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="Windows Update Error.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: bas...

Installation problem money 2006
I have IE 8 on my Windows XP system. Every time I try to run setup for my money program, it gets an error about installing IE6 & aborts. I tried installing IE6 (probably can't have both on the computer at once, I don't know), and the error is that I have a newer version and cannot install the older one. It seems that when I installed the standard version of money, I had not yet installed the IE8, but I cannot remember. I've only had IE8 for a few months. Anyone able to tell me the easiest way to solve this? I have a dual boot system, and Win 98 is instal...

Microsoft Outlook is hanging.....not responding. Re-install?
Just installed Outlook. Had outlook express before. It just hangs. Cntrl/Alt/Delete shows it "not responding" Should I uninstall it and re-install? Uninstall/reinstall just recreates the same problem. Do you have a mail account defined? A mail profile? When does it hang? What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, CaroleLynnae asked: | Just installed Outlook. Had outlook express befo...

Reboot Windows 2000 using VC++
Hi I am trying to use the ExitWindowEx(EWX_REBOOT|EWX_FORCE,0)) to reboot Windows 2000 from my program, but it pops up an error message - "Could not reboot the computer....Please do so at this time!", and it won't reboot the OS. Can anyone tell me why and how to solve this problem Thanks P/S: This function works in Windows 98, but not in Windows 2000. Shutting down a WIN2K machine is little complicated, as you need to give your program the priviledge to shut down. See AdjustTokenPrivileges in MSDN, which will enable the SE_SHUTDOWN_NAME priviledge. Also use EWX_FORCEIFHUNG o...

windows 7 connectivity issues
SBS 2003 sp2 box having an issue with one of our win 7 clients. Client is connected to sbs server, but has no connection to the internet. Changed patch cords, changed router port, rebooted server, client to no avail. Anything else you folks can think of. Any assistance would be appreciated. Are you using the SBS server to handle DHCP for the LAN? Have you run a scan with the SBS 2003 BPA/ Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Best Practices Analyzer http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=3874527A-DE19-49BB-800F-352F3B6F2922&displaylang=en Any 3rd...

Installation Help 01-07-04
Hi, when i installed mscrm1.1 i got the error. setup was unable to install microsoft CRM server setup was unable to provision your organisation setup was unable to create user settings unknown error(80042F0D) how to rectifiy it. Regards, Hello Richard, which exact Version of MS CRM are you installing? Which Version of Windows Server is on your system? Which MS SQL Server Version is running? Which Servicepack? Please respond directly to this NG, thanks! Have a nice day Susanne Wollert Microsoft CRM Support EMEA "Richard I.P" <iamiamiam_77@yahoo.com> wrote in message ...

Combine documents, merge changes & eliminate duplicates
I have 2 documents. About 75% of the information is identical in both. when I merge them I get a 3rd document that highlights and red-lines changes and shows what has been DELETED. What I want to do is: 1. Have word compare the 2 and delete only duplicate entries 2. Insert additions in one document from other 3. Show me what has been changed 4. Allow me to merge the two and ELIMINATE the correction notations (red text, lines, etc.) Let me know if this can be done - or maybe some hints on doing it manually. Thanks What you see depends on in what order you tell Word to con...

Vlookup with Images
I'm currently using vlookup to select paragraphs of information depending on a dropdown list. The vlookup refers to an array in another sheet. Is there any way of showing an image as well so that when I pick from a dropdown list, it selects an image from one of the cells in the lookup array? Thanks Mike Mike Yes, there is a way. You can employ event code and VLOOKUP with Data Validation list selection to choose which picture to show? See JE McGimpsey's site for more on lookuppics and a sample workbook. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html Gord Dibben MS Excel ...