Can't install Office 2010 beta

I downloaded Office 2010 from Office Online and i tryed to install it, but
not. It won't open. I check in CTRL+ALT+DEL under processes: it's not there.
HOW to install it? :(

Try posting to the Office 2010 beta forums here:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/office2010/threads

--
Susan Ramlet
**please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit**

"confusedguy" <confusedguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded Office 2010 from Office Online and i tryed to install it, but
> not. It won't open. I check in CTRL+ALT+DEL under processes: it's not
> there.
> HOW to install it? :(

0
Susan
3/6/2010 1:31:57 PM
Actually, I should have said: "Try searching for help on the Office 2010
beta forums at that link, then post if you don't find an answer."

--

"Susan Ramlet" <shramlet@SPAMISBADmanitscoldhere.com> wrote in message
> Try posting to the Office 2010 beta forums here:
> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/office2010/threads
>

> --
> Susan Ramlet
> **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit**
>

> "confusedguy" <confusedguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I downloaded Office 2010 from Office Online and i tryed to install it, but
>> not. It won't open. I check in CTRL+ALT+DEL under processes: it's not
>> there.
>> HOW to install it? :(

0
Susan
3/6/2010 1:36:17 PM
I re-download it, and run it. Now my sistem is is down. :(

"Susan Ramlet" wrote:

> Actually, I should have said: "Try searching for help on the Office 2010
> beta forums at that link, then post if you don't find an answer."
>
> --
> Susan Ramlet
> **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit**
>

> "Susan Ramlet" <shramlet@SPAMISBADmanitscoldhere.com> wrote in message
> > Try posting to the Office 2010 beta forums here:
> > http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/office2010/threads
> >

> > --
> > Susan Ramlet
> > **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit**
> >

> > "confusedguy" <confusedguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I downloaded Office 2010 from Office Online and i tryed to install it, but
> >> not. It won't open. I check in CTRL+ALT+DEL under processes: it's not
> >> there.
> >> HOW to install it? :(

It's a beta. Try looking on the Beta forum for assistance.

--

>I re-download it, and run it. Now my sistem is is down. :(
>
> "Susan Ramlet" wrote:
>
>> Actually, I should have said: "Try searching for help on the Office 2010
>> beta forums at that link, then post if you don't find an answer."
>>
>> --
>> Susan Ramlet
>> **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit**
>>

>> "Susan Ramlet" <shramlet@SPAMISBADmanitscoldhere.com> wrote in message
>> > Try posting to the Office 2010 beta forums here:
>> > http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/office2010/threads
>> >

>> > --
>> > Susan Ramlet
>> > **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit**
>> >

>> > "confusedguy" <confusedguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Susan
3/6/2010 5:41:45 PM
Your system is not up to the job.  You will need to buy a new machine to run
new software packages released by Microsoft.  You should know by now that
all new products require powerful machines otherwise your system will freeze
up due to lack of resources.

Please note Beta products are not supported on these newsgroups.  You need
to find appropriate forums that deal with your beta application.

hth

"confusedguy" <confusedguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded Office 2010 from Office Online and i tryed to install it, but
> not. It won't open. I check in CTRL+ALT+DEL under processes: it's not
> there.
> HOW to install it? :(

0
ybS2okj

Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007 and Professional 2007
My question is I purchased a new laptop that had MS Office Home & Student 2007 but I want to become certified so need to have the MS Office Professional 2007 Suite. Do I need to purchase MS Office Profrofessional 2007 full package or can I purchase the Upgrade package. Home and Student does not have Outlook, PUblisher, Access or Accounting Express so will an upgrade package work? If I install the Microsoft Office Professional 2007 full Suite do I need to uninstall the Home and Student package? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! -- LuAnn LuAnn What yo...

OWA causes Office installer to run when trying to reply to a message
OWA 2003 causes the installer to look for a "missing" feature whenever I try to reply to a message. XP with office 2k on client This happens because owa 2003 uses some features from office to work.. it intergrates thin into internet explorer witch why it ask for the disk... you can avoid this by doing a full install of office instead of just the default install.... When deploying Office use an administrative installation point. You will not have to install entire office and if clients need to install something they will be able to pull it from the installation point. Dejan Foro...

Installation time out
when installing CRM 4 I get this error crm.setup.server.installconfigdatabaseaction failed.Timeout expired.Can anyone help me -- donn ...

Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system error
Recently the Compat Pack has stopped working. I am in Email, double click on ..docx document, word opens but "There was an error opening the file" appears. Will not convert. I deleted my Compatibility Pack, downloaded another, still the same message appears. Any suggestions? Does this have anything to do with Word for Macintosh?... That's the group you've posted to. If this is a Windows issue there is a link below for getting to the Win Office groups, but before using it: Have you tried saving the attachment to your local HD then opening the saved copy? Atte...

In Access 2010, how do I create a SQL query?
In older versions of Access, there was a View -> SQL View menu button. How do I get the SQL View with Access 2010? I need to create a query which contains a join operation. I don't think I can do this with the Query Design view. ...

office xp pro academic edition
Can i set up xp pro academic edition if i'm not a student? "jds" <jds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDFCF087-0F20-4FBD-AAD3-1D66EF2C41B2@microsoft.com... > Can i set up xp pro academic edition if i'm not a student? Depends on license version. May be while in school only or employed only or it may be a perpetual license while you were a student. We can't answer that question. If you have never been employed or a student and obtained it through the school, you would be in violation of the license agreement but this version is...

How do I get columns in Office XP?
My Publisher Help pane is showing blank on creating columns. I cannot find any menu item on creating columns as we did in 2000. Insert a text box and right click on the box. Choose Format Text Box and then click on the Text Box tab. Set up the box to your needs. There is also a Columns button on the Standard tool bar. "annitaf" <annitaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD4CA13B-31B1-4ADF-B7E4-0829D0D9E3EC@microsoft.com... > My Publisher Help pane is showing blank on creating columns. I cannot > find > any menu item on creating columns as we di...

Strange Office XP calculations from 2003
I have a linked spread sheet with ALOT of accounts data..now I made some changes(In XP) and saved them...this took the total amount from 29,000.000 to 31,000,000. Now, thats fine if I open it in XP. HOWEVER! If I open it in 2003, I see the 31 million part, I can either click Update or Not Update links..either way I get taken BACK to the 29 million version. Any ideas what causes this fault? It works perfectly well on all Office XP machines, soon as its fired up in 2003 it reverts back to the old version :S Manual, Excel seems to have some bugs yet still in its calculation machine. T...

Outlook for Office 2000 #2
Need help badly and hoping someone can give me suggestions. receive message as follows when I try to delete read messages from folders. C:\windows\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst. could not be accessed. access denied. help help help have reloaded program; tried exporting etc. still receiving above message. patty <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > C:\windows\local settings\application > data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst. could not be > accessed. access denied. You don't need to post your problem more than once. Try mov...

Excel beta
I convinced the local IT guy to install the beta in an unused PC. He let me install it. I chose not to install Clip Art Organizer. Now in Excel, when I select the Insert tab in the ribbon, Excel displays an error dialog with the following text. Microsoft Office Excel can't display Clip Art. This feature is not available. To make this feature available, please run Setup again, select "Add or Remove Features" and change the feature to "Run from My Computer" or "Run from CD/network". And with the Insert tab selected, if I just move the cell pointer around the w...

Installing XP (SP3) in a guest system
I am using VMware on a Dell desktop, which uses a Vista 64-bit platform. I am trying to set up a guest system that uses XP (SP3). I have done this successfully on another similarly-configured desktop. When I am using Windows Setup to install XP (it's an Upgrade version), I receive the following message: "Setup cannot find a previous version of Windows installed on your computer. Insert a Windows CD [pick one, any one: from Windows 95 on]." Obviously, the XP software is attempting to ensure that a valid Windows system pre-existed. When I insert any one of a n...

Can not run report after install frontpage server extension
Hi all, I have a problem with can not run report install frontpage server extension. The error msg display as below. System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The permissions granted to user 'LOCUS-CRM\IUSR_LOCUS-CRM' are insufficient for performing this operation. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.AccessDeniedException: The permissions granted to user 'LOCUS-CRM\IUSR_LOCUS-CRM' are insufficient for performing this operation. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.ReportingServices...

Office 2010 Buying Advice Needed For New Business
We are starting a new medium sized business and need help deciding which MS Office 2010 products we will need...Enterprise edition, which if any MS Sever programs, etc. Can someone direct me to the proper place to get this information? So far I haven't been able to find anything. Thanks Impossibly to say without knowing a deal more about your requirements. And since 2010 is not due for release for some time....... "Saidas" <Saidas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8E40F98-723B-431E-A983-9DD60866B422@microsoft.com... > We are starting a...

How to install a workbook as a shortcut on the desktop programmatically
Hi All I have developed a workbook which is like a Excel dashboard and I want to send out this workbook to be saved on every user Desktop locally or saved as a shortcut on the desktop. I want to implement it in a form so that when the user double clicks the attachment it must save the workbook in some predetermined location and create a shortcut to the same on the users Windows desktop. Can you please let me know how I can implement this kind of self installing workbook. Please provide me with a sample script to implement the same. Many thanks Belinda ...

Can't Send mail in Outlook after installing ME
I recently install me on and old laptop, now I can recieve mail but can't send any mail. I get a message saying that a nxpext32.dll is missing. How do I recover that dll. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=196634 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Steve" <srussell@waterw.com> wrote in message news:1b74601c420c1$38dfe230$a501280a@phx.gbl....

DBTYP.NET Studio 2010
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006D_01CACB93.4CB100E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable DBTYP.NET Studio 2010 - Database Comparison Suite Released Vienna, Austria - March 8, 2010 Today, BYPsoft announced the availability of DBTYP.NET Studio 2010, the = newest version of the cross-database comparison tool that compares SQL = Server, MySQL and Oracle databases (schema and data). DBTYP.NET Studio = 2010 is available for download from http://www.bypsoft.com. With its rich sup...

Does Office 2004 deletes files?
Hi all. A couple of days ago I create and saved a Word document. In the middle of my work, Words suddenly quits and show me a message windows asking me if I want to send a problem report to Microsoft. I click no, Word open again but to my surprise the document I was working in disappears. Yesterday a friend of mine was working in PowerPoint in his computer. After spend 1 hour creating and saving slides the program quits, same message window, open PP again and he lost the file. Any thoughs? On 6/4/04 11:51, in article BCE62EEB.9F2%pperdomo@cantv.net, "Pedro Perdomo-Miteff" <...

Adding Title to Secondary Axis Office 2003
I am working on a chart with a secondary axis. Can you please tell me how to put a title on the secondary axis? Thank you in advance for your help. Hi, Once you have data on a secondary axis you can use, Right click chart > Chart Options > Titles. Enter text in appropriate box. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "C Kreig" <CKreig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A92A685C-9E39-4F88-9F67-5038B0289ADE@microsoft.com... >I am working on a chart with a secondary axis. Can you please tell me how >to > put ...

Contrast between WLM Wave 4 and Outlook 2010 using XP
Interesting to see that Wave 4 WLM (free) does not support Win XP - but Outlook 2010 (purchased product) does. You pay your money and take your choice! __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5234 (20100628) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com ...

Can't Install IBF for MS CRM
Dear All I just Install Microsoft.InformationBridge.Framework.Server1.0.msi and Microsoft.InformationBridge.Framework.Client1.0.msi on My CRM Server v.1.2(Windows 2003) and config permission for network service on temp folder and file. After that i tried to installed MOIBF1.0_Solution_CRM1.0.msi on my CRM Server. when i published metabase and clicked next button.it seem to install IBF for MS CRM but after 15 sec. it show error message box "Error : 28000 contact System Administrator". What can i do ? Thank a lot PS. sorry for my terrible Writing. -_-' louiz: Look in the Re...

Windows installer has stopped working. File Msi
I try to install things but most dont work and say the same message, I read the problem details and it sais this.Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: msiexec.exe Application Version: 4.5.6001.22162 Application Timestamp: 48080879 Fault Module Name: AcGenral.DLL Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18165 Fault Module Timestamp: 490bce79 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 000209b0 OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: e51a Additional Information 2: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433 Additional Information 3: e51a Additional Informat...

send e-mail to address inside of the office but receive outside
Hi all, I have Exchange 2000, using pop server from my ISP. When i send a e-mail do the clients of DOMAIN they receive my e-mails corretly and there are the comercial people that don't receive e-mail's. How can I send a E-MAIL to the domain of this person in a domain and make that e-mail come out to my ISP server and after that the comercial go and pick his e-mails to your outlook from pop server. Can some help me. -- Thanks , Pedro That's very difficult to understand. but i assume you are having trouble delivering mail to domains outside of your company. You need to ens...

Out of Office 09-18-03
I am looking for some assistance in posting an out of office message to those who send me emails while I am off on vacation. We run Outlook Express. Thank you, ...

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.2 Update
What Mac 11.3.2 update? I know nothing about such a Mac OS update. Help! The 11.3.2 update is for Office 2004, not for Mac OS X. Here's how you can get it: In Office 2004, use Microsoft AutoUpdate to get the latest updates. From any Office application, go to Help > Check for Updates (or manually launch Microsoft AutoUpdate from the Applications folder). If any updates are needed, they will display in a sheet, at which point you can check them and press the "Install" button to download and install them. Updates can also be found at the Microsoft web site: <http://www...

Business Portal Installation Error #3
Hi, I am trying to install Business Portal 2.0, since we have Great Plains 7.5. But I am getting a strange error which is "Unable to validate company information in your backoffice data". What could be the problem? Thanks in advance,,, Mohammad, Thanks for using the newsgroup. I have seen this error before. In the cases I saw it, it was due to incorrect data in the DB_Upgrade table. If the version information in this table is incorrect, you will see this error. Thanks, -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided &q...